PDA

View Full Version : Knives/Blades/Pistols/Rifles/Cannons....Psi Modules?

nEo-1664
14-10-04, 19:19
Why not have PSI modules, ie: the ones you are carring in ur quickbelt, show up like the rest of the weapons?

As an idea, as part of the PSI PA maybe, have a sash look'a'like as part of the model on the PSI PA, then have the PSI modules attached on to it just like weaponary is attached to your back or waist while not being used?

Just a poll and post ya comments/thoughts, no flaming/ranting etc :)

Shinto
14-10-04, 19:23
well there proberbly only little things so they fit in there pocket ;)

nEo-1664
14-10-04, 19:26
Why not display them though like the rest of the weaponary avalible to other classes ?

Shinto
14-10-04, 19:29
well simple thing is all those things above are quite large items, clearly visable, yet the psi module is only a small thing, i guess it could show on belt or smothing but with it being so small i personally dont see the point.

but i guess if people want it great, tho doesnt effect me one way or the other.

SovKhan
14-10-04, 20:39
PSI i modules are so small it would just be a waste of polygons and effort

QuantumDelta
14-10-04, 21:00
Throw one on the floor, then think about it.

[TgR]KILLER
14-10-04, 21:09
maybe some little bag or something.. but then again pretty much every char has psi spells so kinda useless.. with the other things you can see from far if the char is a pistoler rifle cannon etc.. but spy's pe's ppu's tanks etc all got PPU spells basicly and APU's got apu spells..

Carinth
14-10-04, 22:18
It would be nice if somehow you could see at least a spell type from looking at a monk. There's not room on the hand to do it, its simply too small. The only thing I can think of is, what if your glove/hand glowed with a certain color depending on spell type.

It would be really cool if we did get a sash that showed the icon of the spell we're holding. But that would require too much work for kk. : (

Xeno LARD
14-10-04, 23:41
well simple thing is all those things above are quite large items, clearly visable, yet the psi module is only a small thing, i guess it could show on belt or smothing but with it being so small i personally dont see the point.

but i guess if people want it great, tho doesnt effect me one way or the other.

It'll add more poly's to your display, making you lag more.

Ascension
14-10-04, 23:46
maybe a belt style tht has the same style as when you throw a psi module on the floor... tht would be cool :)

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 13:45

haha... isnt the psi module supposed to be so small it fits in a slot in the psi glove (or something) i forget... yet the model when you drop it on the floor is easily pistol size...

consistancy? :p

Carinth
15-10-04, 18:31
haha... isnt the psi module supposed to be so small it fits in a slot in the psi glove (or something) i forget... yet the model when you drop it on the floor is easily pistol size...

consistancy? :p

I don't think they ever made it clear exactly what you do with the Psi Module. From the animations, all we know is you reach in your pocket and grab a Module to equip it. Since you're using the same hand you have your glove on, it doesn't seem like you're inserting it into a slot or anything. It looks like you just hold the Module in your glove hand. That would make sense with how Modules are damaged with use.

Dribble Joy
15-10-04, 18:35
Perhaps they go on the palm? That's where the glow is anyway.

Spermy
15-10-04, 18:36
well there proberbly only little things so they fit in there pocket ;)

That'd be just ACE!

You're walking along - you trip and your brand new holy rez falls out and down a storm drain! :lol:

jernau
15-10-04, 19:05
It'll add more poly's to your display, making you lag more.
Lag has nothing to do with rendering.

ROZZER187
15-10-04, 19:14

^^
owned tbh :lol:

Lachlan
15-10-04, 23:30
Lag has nothing to do with rendering.Not to be pedantic, but lag could have something to do with it. Lag is typically another word for latency. Latency is defined as the time from when an event is initated until the result of the event is perceived.

So, move the wheel of the car to turn left and the time it takes the car to actually start turning left is latency.

More things on screen, more things to render, means a drop in fps resulting in lag.

In other words, lag is not just network latency.

:D

jernau
15-10-04, 23:36
Not to be pedantic, but lag could have something to do with it. Lag is typically another word for latency. Latency is defined as the time from when an event is initated until the result of the event is perceived.

So, move the wheel of the car to turn left and the time it takes the car to actually start turning left is latency.

More things on screen, more things to render, means a drop in fps resulting in lag.

In other words, lag is not just network latency.

:DThings happen at the same rate regardless of whether they are rendered.