PDA

View Full Version : Make HackNet usefull for Hackers plz

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 11:33
Thought Hackers would be usefull in HackNet, but no, a Tank with 0 hackskill (with a spy-3 buff) can obtain the same blueprints as my pure Hacker since i can only acces my own faction database...and codebreakers is a joke since their are 1 time use only.

Its fair that everyone can use HackNet for traveling, but not be able to access all info an pure hacker can.

Make hackers with hackskill 120+ able to access all friendly faction databases (or change codebreakers to multiuse) .Make hackers with hackskill 160+ able to access all faction databases (or change codebreakers to multiuse).
Make hackers be able to steal construction licenses through hacknet and construction licenses shouldnt be faction dependent to use.

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 11:35
Thought Hackers would be usefull in HackNet, but no, a Tank with 0 hackskill (with a spy-3 buff) can obtain the same blueprints as my pure Hacker since i can only acces my own faction database...and codebreakers is a joke since they are 1 time use only.

Its fair that everyone can use HackNet for traveling, but not be able to access all info an pure hacker can.

Make hackers with hackskill 120+ able to access all friendly faction databases.
Make hackers with hackskill 160+ able to access all faction databases.
Make hackers be able to steal construction licenses through hacknet and construction licenses shouldnt be faction dependent to use.

FCL's aent faction dependant to use.

however i agree that databases should require high level of hack to access

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 11:36
Good to hear they changed the FCL then.

And yes, databases should require high level of hack to access, but i think i should be able to access more then my own factions DB as well.

MasterBee
14-10-04, 11:38
Dude, tanks can't enter hacknet.
Unless they changed something...

Yelly
14-10-04, 11:39
I agree that it is easy t oget bp's from your own faction DB
But a tank cannot even get into HN hehe.
But putting a restriction to like 100 or 120 base hack to get stuff is a good idea.

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 11:50
Why cant a tank with a spy 3 buff enter HackNet ???

With 20 in hack you have enough to hack the GR, and once inside you can acces you own factions DB.
And access my own factions DB is the only usefull thing my pure hacker can do atm :mad: .

My PE with 45 in hack can get all the BPs my 168 base hack spy can!

MasterBee and Yelly, tell me, why cant Tanks enter HackNet? Ive must missed something?

MasterBee
14-10-04, 12:02
It seems that there is a class limitation. My tank has 76 hack and gets "item is already in use" message when tries to hack a GR. As does every other tank I know.
Tanks are simply too dumb :D

nobby
14-10-04, 12:23
yeah but the thing is, i used hacknet everyday in my tank in beta...why they changed it...is just an idea i do not know

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 12:34
Hmm, maybe Tanks cant use it then, but sounds more like an bug considering the message you get.
Still my hack 45 PE and get all the things my hack 168 spy can.

___T-X____
14-10-04, 13:25
I agree, Hacknet at the higher end is for hackers, hence the name

Riddle
14-10-04, 13:59
Not having much exerience of hacknet i would assume your hack determines the level of software u can use?
Therefore the higher hack, the higher your defensive software or attack?
so how your PE with not even lv 1 software gonna negotiate mobs???

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 14:08
Since i dont have to.

The only databases that you can download blueprints from are your own factions, so i dont have to face any mobs.

If i want to enter enemy faction DNS then i must fight mobs, but whats the point since i cant download from them anyway? Sure i can spend several days trying to complete one codebreaker to use it one time...wich is pointless. Faster to reroll an 0/2 spy in that faction and just supply him with an datacube...

Endar
14-10-04, 14:08
Its not a bug, Tanks CANT access hacknet. There is a class restriction for it. They could access it in Open Beta but this is a retail now you know?

Riddle
14-10-04, 14:11
Faster to reroll an 0/2 spy in that faction and just supply him with an datacube...

Makes sense dude. :)

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 14:11
Oh, now i didnt know that its retail....

So i repeat, OK Tanks might not then...but my PE can, and he should, BUT HE SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO GET ALL THE BPS MY 168 HACKER CAN, THATS THE POINT.

BUT STILL ITS POINTLESS TO HAVE MORE THEN 20 IN HACK

Bugs Gunny
14-10-04, 14:14
It's only useless right now because hacknet mobs are overpowered.
If they put them back to the wy they were before patch 108 (which was just right)
Your hacker would be like a hybrid, hunting mobs for xp and cash.

Riddle
14-10-04, 14:16
Ok so u need BP your faced with two choices is this right?

1- spec loadsa hack ,buy high tech software ,get ressed ,get constructed ,get modded then enter hacknet, kill mobs ,collect parts for code breaker , get built then hack enemy database. O_o
2- re-roll spy spec 20 hack buy 2k tool bp enter hacknet job done :)

is that whats up dude??

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 14:20
It's only useless right now because hacknet mobs are overpowered.
If they put them back to the wy they were before patch 108 (which was just right)
Your hacker would be like a hybrid, hunting mobs for xp and cash.

Well i know that since im an 65/62 ranked hacker in HackNet...

What im trying to point out is: (repeated for like the 3:rd time now)
An runner (tanks excluded it seems) with hack 20 can get hold off
the same good stuff (BPs) that my 168 hacker can.

If i want to hunt for cash and xp, i prefer to hunt other mobs.
I thought that Hackers was going to be an tradeskill that poeple would need...but who need to hire an hacker when all he can do is get BPs from one single faction?

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 14:21
Ok so u need BP your faced with two choices is this right?

1- spec loadsa hack ,buy high tech software ,get ressed ,get constructed ,get modded then enter hacknet, kill mobs ,collect parts for code breaker , get built then hack enemy database. O_o
2- re-roll spy spec 20 hack buy 2k tool bp enter hacknet job done :)

is that whats up dude??

Bingo :D

Endar
14-10-04, 14:28
Well, you can ofcourse create a new runner for the faction you need BPs from and enter the hacknet ect. But you can not enter other faction databases with that character. So basicly the hacker is a "for hire" person to get the BPs out from faction databases.

Are you saying that the mobs dont attack? Dont worry, when they fix em those mobs will.

Actually I think it would be better if you need to hack ALL databases to get the BPs out. Even your own.

Imagine a big company with really high tech technology stored in theyr harddrives, do you think they would let the janitor to copy the data from them?

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 14:35
Well, you can ofcourse create a new runner for the faction you need BPs from and enter the hacknet ect. But you can not enter other faction databases with that character

Well my 168 hacker cant either...you see?
And dont say codebreaker, then i say 0/2 char.

If they change codebreakers to be eternal use, or 50x use or something, then
we are getting somewhere. But the 0/2 is still an option since he can access his faction DB.

Endar
14-10-04, 14:38
No, actually I will say "Make all faction database mobs hostile to everyone".

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 14:46
No, actually I will say "Make all faction database mobs hostile to everyone".

Add "And all faction DBs should be accessable for an skilled hacker" to that then im happy.

Only your own faction with the "one time use only" for codebreakers makes me sad.

An comparison on the current situation:
Why not just make TL-150 CST/RES tools "one time use only" while we are at it, raising >750k for an TL-150 tool is just as hard getting an codebreaker.

plague
14-10-04, 16:47
totaly agree with thread starter....when first they told us about hack net i was under impression that only high skilled hackers can get in there an use it..I remember thinking "omg gotta gim me spy to like 150 hack", but no evry single half arsed hacked can't get evrything from hacknet that good hacker can get..
So they deffenetly need to change that....

Bugs Gunny
14-10-04, 16:51
I have a tl150 hacker, but i don't think they should make it impossible for low level hackers to get bp's.

High level hackers are meant to hunt inside hacknet and kill enemy hackers.

hudsonbeck
14-10-04, 17:05
I have a tl150 hacker, but i don't think they should make it impossible for low level hackers to get bp's.

High level hackers are meant to hunt inside hacknet and kill enemy hackers.

agreed.

i guess thats all i have to say...

Hudson

sebastien
14-10-04, 17:31
OK, well I am a tech-pistol spy planning to devote most of my Int to hacking. So far I've only got around 90, but I should have something like ~120 unbuffed when I'm done.

Now..

I haven't experimented in HackNet much because I heard somebody say that they died there and perma-lost their items. But reading this thread I have some questions.

(1) You're saying that anybody with 20+ hack can get the blueprints from his or her own faction's database?

(2) You're saying that if I build a CodeBreaker, I will have a one-time use item that allows to me to get another faction's blueprint? But otherwise I cannot download from their high security database right?

(3) Is it still the case that "Database" mobs have nothing, and only High Security Database mobs have blueprints for download?

To be honest, I think KK is focusing on getting Epics working, and then possibly WoC stuff, and HackNet.. well they probably don't think it's right yet, but they are (understandably) considering it a lower priority atm.

plague
14-10-04, 17:38
(1) You're saying that anybody with 20+ hack can get the blueprints from his or her own faction's database?

(2) You're saying that if I build a CodeBreaker, I will have a one-time use item that allows to me to get another faction's blueprint? But otherwise I cannot download from their high security database right?

(3) Is it still the case that "Database" mobs have nothing, and only High Security Database mobs have blueprints for download?

1) Pretty much, i don't know about 20 but lvl 50+ hacker can do just as good as 150 hacker

2) Indeed, thats worts part of it..teh codebraker r so tough to get and when u get it it's only for one time use.

3) Yep

sebastien
14-10-04, 18:01
OK. In that case, I think they can improve HackNet a lot with some pretty basic changes. (But, like I said, I'd personally understand if they consider balancing the HackNet to be lower priority atm)

(1) Raise the Hacking requirement needed to access High Security Databases, regardless of faction. Should be at least 75 IMO, if not more. Easy way to do this? Make a Hacking requirement on those high-density datacubes. Another way to do it? Create software which is needed to do this (ie, "Encrypted Download"), which has a Hack and T-C requirement.

This will discourage the rolling of alts simply to get blueprints, and make said blueprints more valuable.

(2) Populate the regular Database mobs with more common blueprints. You could waive the hacking requirement here, or simply use normal datacubes, etc. Point is, give newbie hackers something to do. Problem is that you might interfere with the Research tradeskill. Best solution would be if these items are still unique, but just not as strong as the ones in the HSD's (ie, level 2 items instead of level 3 items, etc)

(3) For using the HackNet to travel: low hacking skill should allow you to travel safely amongst secure areas of your network (ie, from Plaza to PP genrep). But the further you want to travel, the higher your skill would need to be, to equip better software and survive the enemies you'll encounter.

Basically, I think the CodeBreaker *should* be hard to make and use, because it shouldn't be easy to hack blueprints from enemy factions. The real problem is making it harder to just roll up an alt to get the same blueprints.

sebastien
14-10-04, 18:09
And, while we are at it, how about some more creative names for hacking software? =)

Suggestions-

the defensive software could be a Firewall or Encryption
the healing software could be a Data Recovery or Debug
the attack software could be a Virus or Purge

if there's a ressurection at some point it could be called Reboot ;p

there could also be software to take non-hackers with you, if using HackNet as a travel medium. This could be called something like Encode, and basically you bring their data with you as you travel (so its essentially a teleport service but you pay the hacker instead of the GenRep, or free if its a friend/clanmate).

There's some backstory about rumors of a race of sentient software that lurks deep within the bowels of the CityCom network. This creates a TON of potential for HackNet later on as well. =)

Shinto
14-10-04, 19:27
OMG tanks cant use hacknet!!!

i demand equal opportunites for tanks goddamnit

:p

beyond that i agree with the inital post, i would of though more hack the better, tho as a none hacknet user i dunno whats what with that stuff.

im just a dumb tank not good enuff to use such things :lol:

Killfly
14-10-04, 22:08
Some great ideas in this thread :) Hacknet definitely needs finishing... Raise requirements, more items, more software, balanced mobs, loot from mobs... Bring it all on...

Oh, and here's an idea for Hacknet Ops: DoS (denial of service) attacks... Could be one of the ways clans can influence other ops... :)