PDA

View Full Version : Remove Tank Restrictions on Armorsuit Tangent v x-13 & m-13

whifix
13-10-04, 23:13
It would be nice to see a low end H-C or M-C PA available to PE's so we don't all have to go cookie cutter and do pistols or rifles. I don't expect a dedicated PA to be created, although that would be nice, but at least it would be nice to access the lowest end Tank PA.

MrChumble
13-10-04, 23:21
It would be nice to see a low end H-C or M-C PA available to PE's so we don't all have to go cookie cutter and do pistols or rifles. I don't expect a dedicated PA to be created, although that would be nice, but at least it would be nice to access the lowest end Tank PA.
That would be quite cool. It would also be nice if Tanks could use PE PA and go pistols. Diversification rules. Burn the cookie cutters!

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:32
That would be quite cool. It would also be nice if Tanks could use PE PA and go pistols. Diversification rules. Burn the cookie cutters!

aye but could KK stop there without getting flamed?

the main reason (as i see it) for class restriction on PA is spy PA. if a PE got his hands on spy PA... i dont even wanna think about it tbh :p

Underground
13-10-04, 23:34

the main reason (as i see it) for class restriction on PA is spy PA. if a PE got his hands on spy PA... i dont even wanna think about it tbh :p

well PE's still have access to the tangent anti rad suit. The only good thing imo about the spy PA is the XRR bonus. I have never relied on the other bonuses from PA. If a PE is going high tech, hes likely to be drugging for 115 DEX anyway, and using a anti rad suit, doesent have to spec a stupid ammount of XRR in CON, Meaning you can get a lowtech PE Resist setup or close to, as a high tech PE. However very few people took over anti rad suits ;)

J. Folsom
13-10-04, 23:35
well PE's still have access to the tangent anti rad suit. The only good thing imo about the spy PA is the XRR bonus. I have never relied on the other bonuses from PA. If a PE is going high tech, hes likely to be drugging for 115 DEX anyway, and using a anti rad suit, doesent have to spec a stupid ammount of XRR in CON, Meaning you can get a lowtech PE Resist setup or close to, as a high tech PE. However very few people took over anti rad suits ;)
Actually the 115 Dex PEs prefer PA for it's dex bonus. :p
It's not necesarry, but it saves you from having to use some of the crappier drugs.

Underground
13-10-04, 23:41
Actually the 115 Dex PEs prefer PA for it's dex bonus. :p
It's not necesarry, but it saves you from having to use some of the crappier drugs.

Dezerter used the PA on a rifle PE, For duels his setup was sick, Pistol PEs are more flexible and more effective then rifle PEs aswell.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:44
yes its entirely possible to use the anti rad suit as a PE (infact while a clanie NF'd using it he got multiple accusations of exploiting to use spy PA)

however it takes alot of drugging (especially without the PA dex bonus) and all in all its alot of hassle.

spy PA would give them more dex than PE PA, better resists than PE PA or anti rad suit, and pistol / rifle skills too.

LiL T
13-10-04, 23:58

Nah I looked at in the skill manager and a PE is worse off with in no matter what combination I tryed allways a bit worse off :\ forgot what it was but I think it gave you a little less points to play with

/EDIT pe got xray bones anyway

/EDIT2 just checked it out and I know why spy PA lowers intel so no med energy belt big gimpage :\ it don't effect combat spys cos they got 100 intel not sure about anti rad suit though

whifix
14-10-04, 00:06
I'd love to see PE vesions of M-C or H-C. Especially M-C armor since PE's can be Street Samurai. Ahhh... that would be a nice day.

LiL T
14-10-04, 00:08
Hehe I see now forgot drugs to gain back that intel :D damn not having to spec xray on a PE = overpowered

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 00:11
Hehe I see now forgot drugs to gain back that intel :D damn not having to spec xray on a PE = overpowered

yes... thats what i said :p

a PE in an anti rad suit is clearly a drug whore, so they have no probs drugging into the belt :)

r3yka
14-10-04, 00:24
I'd love to see PE vesions of M-C or H-C. Especially M-C armor since PE's can be Street Samurai. Ahhh... that would be a nice day.
that would be a good day.

LiL T
14-10-04, 00:24
LOLZ!! total forgot drugs :lol:

this is with 1 drug :P and it casts heat 1 because of that drug

Underground
14-10-04, 00:28

Go melee combat PE and you can get close to that anyway O_o

Hell there were some rifle PEs on pluto who used a termi and had close to that aswell, tho they took beast and nightshade, duels only.

LiL T
14-10-04, 00:47
I really beleave that more than 125 resist don't really do much any way :\ but it should as it would reward you for going to such lengths. I tryed past 150 and it looked to me that the loss in run speed and the fact 150 resist did fuck all it was worthless. I laugh at the fact that some PE's drug like fuck to wear lvl 3 armour and claim by doing so there better

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 00:49
I really beleave that more than 125 resist don't really do much any way :\ but it should as it would reward you for going to such lengths. I tryed past 150 and it looked to me that the loss in run speed and the fact 150 resist did fuck all it was worthless. I laugh at the fact that some PE's drug like fuck to wear lvl 3 armour and claim by doing so there better

inq 3 allows you to spec less fire resist, allowing for more body health and/or runspeed...

:edit: the majority of tanks dont cap all their resists (i know some that do...), why do you think a PE in inq 2 wouldnt benifit from better armour?

Underground
14-10-04, 00:56

Who mentioned inq 3 ? Im talkin about a PE wearing inq 4, medium energy belt, PA 2 and dura boots. Using a termi, capping runspeed, and having 400ish HP. Its not suitable for OP wars tho, thats the downside, however it rocks for duels, or revenge gankage, ambushes etc as they dont generally last long anyway :D

whifix

You need DEX115 for the antiradition suit.

LiL T
well if you put titain inq 2 helm holy shelter boots and pants if gives you best point armour wise and thats energy xray and fire of coarse its only good for lowtech PE's. I'm lowtech its a zero drugs setup I use works for me and I like it not many people I can't kill :)

aye it was just a dream setup only fictional :)

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 00:57

he was checking to see how overpowered spy PA using PE's wouldbe :p

its spy PA not antirad

Sigma
14-10-04, 01:49
Remove Classrestrictions for all Lvl 1 + 2 PAs.

Spy PA 2 + FL + My Tank = 0ldsk00l Plasmarifletank

:D

StryfeX
14-10-04, 07:54
I'd rather see them remove class req's off of only level 1 PE and Tank PA. Once you start messing with the Spy PA, small things like balance go completely off-kilter.

--Stryfe

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 09:25
I'd rather see them remove class req's off of only level 1 PE and Tank PA. Once you start messing with the Spy PA, small things like balance go completely off-kilter.

--Stryfe

i agree, however KK would get such a stupid amount of abuse over it :p

Birkoff
14-10-04, 09:33

yea... and die to 1 swing of a PoB...
GGN....

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 09:40
GGN....

since he capps force/pierce ill assume this is a no poison comment...

my tank has never had poison resist. i have never been reliably beaten by a melee tank (by reliably i mean consistantly). melee tanks dont have a particular advantage over me. there are very few people who beat me consistantly. the majority are tanks / PE's, maybe one is a spy, i refuse to duel monks /w insta aim, not one of them is a melee char, tank or otherwise.

melee is so easy to dodge its not a problem. melee users hit me much muchless than anyone else.

no poison resist is fine vs melee

Agent L
14-10-04, 10:24
Well, imho there should be no class restrictions on anything.
But yeah, the problem with spies makes it impossible, teh overpowered PA to make up underpowered class cannot be let into other classes hands.
And spies can't be balanced by DEX armor, coz PEs would reach those, neiter by INT coz that would overpower monks.

uhm, maybe 2 reqs INT-DEX helmet/trousers ? : P

GambitFlame
14-10-04, 10:26

Excellent Idea :D ***** i would love to have a tank type PA for my melee PE would help with the +2 strength, could drop one of my many drugs that i have to use atm :lol: maybe drop the STR req too.....hell thats my new thing

GIVE ME MELEE PEPA :eek:

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 10:27
Well, imho there should be no class restrictions on anything.
But yeah, the problem with spies makes it impossible, teh overpowered PA to make up underpowered class cannot be let into other classes hands.
And spies can't be balanced by DEX armor, coz PEs would reach those, neiter by INT coz that would overpower monks.

uhm, maybe 2 reqs INT-DEX helmet/trousers ? : P

even double req armour would be a problem

the lower level stuff would have to be fairly crappy to stop PE's abusing, meaning there will either have to be a jump in effectiveness or the high end will suck too

tbhspy defece is fine as it is. they can get PE like defence should they choose to

whifix
14-10-04, 18:51
Excellent Idea :D ***** i would love to have a tank type PA for my melee PE would help with the +2 strength, could drop one of my many drugs that i have to use atm :lol: maybe drop the STR req too.....hell thats my new thing

GIVE ME MELEE PEPA :eek:

Good idea. How do you do the big letters in HTML thing for your sig? Hopefully you don't mind me copying you :)

//Edit//

Figured it out. Hope you dont mind :)

LiL T
14-10-04, 19:40
GGN....

Yeah but I guess you would not need 150 resist so lowering them to say 140 and puting the points into posion and more health ?

SorkZmok
14-10-04, 19:42
It would be nice to see a low end H-C or M-C PA available to PE's so we don't all have to go cookie cutter and do pistols or rifles. I don't expect a dedicated PA to be created, although that would be nice, but at least it would be nice to access the lowest end Tank PA.A m-c pe who knows what hes doing is a bitch to kill and can take down even ppus.

Even more fun: hybrid pes. Driving, gunning, PoT wielding PE who hacks your belt after youre dead and then repairs his rhino cause your CS scratched it. :p

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 20:41
Bar niblet buffing no single runner can take down a ppu.

That said melee PEs are tough enough as it is.

Shinto
14-10-04, 23:57
Remove Classrestrictions for all Lvl 1 + 2 PAs.

Spy PA 2 + FL + My Tank = 0ldsk00l Plasmarifletank

:D
thats just silly...........................a tank would never fit into spy PA :p

r3yka
15-10-04, 00:22
hrm the athletics take down is quite a bummer
i recon there should be a Melee pa and a H-C pa just for PE's maybe
would kinda make PE's more interesting and would somewhat even things out..

Sigma
15-10-04, 03:58
thats just silly...........................a tank would never fit into spy PA :p

It would be shit anyways. :\

I want that people see a Tank wielding FL, not someone in SpyPA.

GIMME A RARE DEXDRUG!!!

MkVenner
15-10-04, 04:27
on my MC PE i used to use Marine Zerk 2/3, Moveon, Str booster 3, X Strong, beast and Thyronol to use a BoC, and Nightspider for BR3, all of that i was ok with, but the thyronol used to bug the hell outta me, if i could use MC PA 1, i could drop the 4th drug

and a HC PE could use a CS without needing Tigerblood

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 13:52
Bar niblet buffing no single runner can take down a ppu.

That said melee PEs are tough enough as it is.

hmm... if you said "Bar niblet buffing no single runner can reliablytake down a ppu." as in everytime... i would agree.

actually... now that droners are out of action you may be right. my droner could solo kill PPU's i did it to many different ones. i couldnt do it everytime (hense the reliably comment) but i could solo kill PPU's

:edit: and having fought melee PE's and played a near capped one.. i gotta say they arent as good as the hype IMO

Dribble Joy
15-10-04, 14:04
Sorry I forgot the totally insane raptor.

Any ppu that is worthy of the title will never go down to a single non niblet buffing non droner. :p

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 14:12
Sorry I forgot the totally insane raptor.

Any ppu that is worthy of the title will never go down to a single non niblet buffing non droner. :p

yeah, more ontopic than my last post i have yet to see a melee PE solo a ppu

whifix
15-10-04, 18:47
yeah, more ontopic than my last post i have yet to see a melee PE solo a ppu

Would it be more accurate to say you've never seen a melee PE solo a good PPU? I've taken down many crappy PPU's after they cast holy parashock and have no pool left to heal their selves.

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 22:44
Would it be more accurate to say you've never seen a melee PE solo a good PPU? I've taken down many crappy PPU's after they cast holy parashock and have no pool left to heal their selves.

no it wouldnt cos im posting my own experiances :p

i have yet to see a melee PE take down a PPU. however your right its possible for one to take out a shit one (a 0/2 could take out a ppu in the right circumstanses... but thats not undder debate)

Kid Icarus
15-10-04, 23:36
Do these drugs exist in NC2 and if so... how do you get them and are they recycleable? :
35 Tiger Blood M-C+30 AGL+30 STR+7

10 Kri'nakh Nightshade M-C+40 AGL+25 STR+10 WEP-20
(Kri'nakh Nightshade is from the Kri'nakh Shaman cave boss in the swamp caves)

10 Kri'nakh Mushroom INT+10 PSI+5

35 Crescent Tabs INT+13 PSI+7

Ys-Beta

Jesterthegreat
15-10-04, 23:39
Do these drugs exist in NC2 and if so... how do you get them? :
35 Tiger Blood M-C+30 AGL+30 STR+7
10 Kri'nakh Nightshade M-C+40 AGL+25 STR+10 WEP-20
10 Kri'nakh Mushroom INT+10 PSI+5
35 Crescent Tabs INT+13 PSI+7

Ys-Beta

i imagine the Kri'nakh still drop in swamp caves...

the others i cant remember where they used to come from (was cresent tabs laurats?)

Kid Icarus
15-10-04, 23:43
They sound hard to get even in NC1, in NC2 I wonder if most are totally gone.

If I was to get my hands on some of these drugs... I am wondering If I can recycle them? I also wonder: is a Kri'nakh Nightshade (+10 STR) combineable with Beast(+5 STR) and Tiger's Blood(+7 STR)... or do you have to pick one of the 3 and use that? I am sure to test =)

Ys-Beta

Sorin
15-10-04, 23:54
The Nightshade and Shrooms still drop. I've gotten about 7-8 of each in the last week on my M-C tank soloing the Shaman. They aren't recyclable. Well I haven't actually tried, but they weren't in NC1 and they're not supposed to be as far as I know.

Jesterthegreat
16-10-04, 02:43
and yes they stack

J. Folsom
16-10-04, 14:37
They sound hard to get even in NC1, in NC2 I wonder if most are totally gone.

If I was to get my hands on some of these drugs... I am wondering If I can recycle them? I also wonder: is a Kri'nakh Nightshade (+10 STR) combineable with Beast(+5 STR) and Tiger's Blood(+7 STR)... or do you have to pick one of the 3 and use that? I am sure to test =)

Ys-Beta
The Crescent Tabs and Tiger Blood are completely unavailable.

However, you can combine any different amount of drugs you want, but it's generally the case that the after-effect after the drugs wear off is much worse if you use more drugs.