PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Still Bugged?

Smok3d
13-10-04, 20:57
right this has happened on 2 seperate occasions now since the stealth fix.first time i was running around the posion cave enterence in gravis punching a ppu.which was logged on the pc next to me with sumone else playing it.i hit stealth and to me on my screen im stealthed as normal.but on the other computer right next to me im not? they was even able to para me even tho i was stealthed on my pc but not stealthed on that one.Also another time i was hiding in a certain faction hq from a hc tank who was outside trying to pk me.yet again the person on the other pc next to mine was stood outside the faction hq where the tank was waitting.so i zone out the hq and hit stealth and make a run for plaza 1...only i look at the pc next to mine coz my gf is shouting me to look and guess wot? im not stealthed on that pc but i am on mine.also the hc tank who was stood there was aslo able to see me even tho im stealthed on my screen? anyone else had anything like this happen? or am i the lucky one?

hmm.... :confused:

SorkZmok
13-10-04, 21:04
If you get out your fists stealthed, others can see you again. That anything to do with it?

I had no problems with it so far.

hudsonbeck
13-10-04, 21:05
right this has happened on 2 seperate occasions now since the stealth fix.first time i was running around the posion cave enterence in gravis punching a ppu.which was logged on the pc next to me with sumone else playing it.i hit stealth and to me on my screen im stealthed as normal.but on the other computer right next to me im not? they was even able to para me even tho i was stealthed on my pc but not stealthed on that one.Also another time i was hiding in a certain faction hq from a hc tank who was outside trying to pk me.yet again the person on the other pc next to mine was stood outside the faction hq where the tank was waitting.so i zone out the hq and hit stealth and make a run for plaza 1...only i look at the pc next to mine coz my gf is shouting me to look and guess wot? im not stealthed on that pc but i am on mine.also the hc tank who was stood there was aslo able to see me even tho im stealthed on my screen? anyone else had anything like this happen? or am i the lucky one?

hmm.... :confused:

I had it happen to me lastnight in PP3... i couldnt understand why a tank was still able to chase me after i stealthed and he continued to swing his PoB and hit me... luckily i zoned and doged him to get away.

I then went to my apt and tested like you said above. I ran my second account on another pC and sure enough, it did not stealth every time... even though it always appeared so on my PC...
its a rather bad and dangerous bug...

Hudson

Ryan Flint
13-10-04, 21:12
The same happened to me yesterday in Plaza and before in several OP-Fights @NC 1

-FN-
13-10-04, 21:39
I've seen this happen before in NC1. Haven't experienced it in NC2 yet.

Perhaps, if both computers are behind the same router, some sort of flag isn't getting set right between the two machines denoting stealthed/unstealthed? Long shot but *shrug*

Anyway, why does it matter? You can just follow the convenient shadow on the floor under stealthed runners now :(

Smok3d
13-10-04, 23:02
I've seen this happen before in NC1. Haven't experienced it in NC2 yet.

Perhaps, if both computers are behind the same router, some sort of flag isn't getting set right between the two machines denoting stealthed/unstealthed? Long shot but *shrug*

Anyway, why does it matter? You can just follow the convenient shadow on the floor under stealthed runners now :(

this dosent explain why the tank chould still see me,also i dont have a router.and whys it matter? because ppl aint supposed to see u when ur stealthing??

Jake Cutter
13-10-04, 23:06
In some areas, a stealthed player casts a shadow on the ground.

Add that to the buglist...

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Radamez
13-10-04, 23:58
Was fighting another spy the other day, after I killed him he DM'd me wondering how the hell I did it, since he said he was stealthed the whole time :eek:

A little later a PE started shooting me while I was stealthed, also got a couple of poison stacks on me when I ran past a group of LE players stealthed.. figure that one out.

Anyways, only happend to me on those occasions. doesn't seem a regular thing.

Beats the jet pack bug.

Smok3d
14-10-04, 01:16
any offical thing on this then?

Babai
14-10-04, 01:55
Alos happened to me once,
I zoned in sector stealthed and a DOY unit started shooting at me.