PDA

View Full Version : Community Representative

-FN-
13-10-04, 20:55
#1) What happened to this position? Has KK given up on a CommRep?

#2) RaTMaN McCruel hasn't read a PM that was sent two weeks ago. Is he gone?

#3) Could someone remind me what this position was even supposed to do, because I can't think of one thing I can be thankful for because of the CommRep... unless we just weren't told anything *shrug*

Tratos
13-10-04, 20:59
Link - The New Gamemaster Info Page (http://cp.neocron.com/8/gminfo?lang=en&)

Newbie Helper Project Information

Newbie Helpers are selected experienced players who assist new players within the Newbie Area MC5 and the chat channel „Player to Player Help“ with tips and tricks.

Contact person regarding Newbie Helpers

The Newbie Helper Project is being managed by Stefan „Ratman“ Lochmüller, who has been actively playing Neocron for years and has a lot of experience. He will assist you with questions, complaints and applications concerning the Newbie Helper Project.

Seems hes still about, although i think there should be an english guy aswell.

giga191
13-10-04, 21:14
Seems hes still about, although i think there should be an english guy aswell.
Yep he's about (just not on the terra server :mad: )

-FN-
13-10-04, 21:37
And hasn't read his PMs in over two weeks here O_o

So who else is in charge of this so I can volunteer :p

-FN-
21-10-04, 19:03
Yeah, it's an old post bump - but:

A) Nothing has been said by KK about this position except for what was in that guide about The Newbie Helper Project. The flaw in that document is:

B) "The Newbie Helper Project is being managed by Stefan „Ratman“ Lochmüller..." - Yeah he *still* hasn't read/replied to PMs sent at the end of September. The project is a flop if the manager isn't even around.

Faction Counsellors have been removed in NC2 because the attempt at interfacing with the community members through the game failed. Now the "Community Representative" attempt to interface with the community, in my opinion, is about to fail as well.

At the moment - there seems to be *no* Community Representative. What's the deal?

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 19:20
He asked me to be one of these n00bie helpers.

Also been trying to get him to reply to my PM's.

edit:

Faction Counsellors have been removed in NC2 because the attempt at interfacing with the community members through the game failed. Now the "Community Representative" attempt to interface with the community, in my opinion, is about to fail as well.
FC project was not scrapped, it was altered.
I'm sure everyone will get more info on this in a bit.

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:02
#1) What happened to this position? Has KK given up on a CommRep?

I am still alive and giving KK the hints they need.

#2) RaTMaN McCruel hasn't read a PM that was sent two weeks ago. Is he gone?

I never send back read confirmations. i am aware of these PMs and i will answer em if i have more information about the future of the newbie Helper project and an englisch com-rep.

#3) Could someone remind me what this position was even supposed to do, because I can't think of one thing I can be thankful for because of the CommRep... unless we just weren't told anything *shrug*

i am representing the community not KK and therefore i give player sided information to KK. eg some complaining about the missing GR in OZ Abbey or a missing GR at OZ prison at all. i normaly reply on pms when i have closer information that help both sided, because it isnt very helpful if i answer pms with "dont know but i`ll ask" or "hm, i am your opinion and will forward this".

but your are right i am quite busy these days as you can imagine another pro for a second eng-com-rep...

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:05
He asked me to be one of these n00bie helpers.

Also been trying to get him to reply to my PM's.

edit:

FC project was not scrapped, it was altered.
I'm sure everyone will get more info on this in a bit.

Faction Counselor are changed that way...

some of them get new jobs like DAL (DoY Alliance Leader) JD (Job Dealer) oder Reporter, these are more powerfull rping gamemasters and i am keen as you to see em start their work...

garyu69
21-10-04, 20:06
Ratman, do you play on Terra as your main?

One of my main gripes with the community representitive prior to NC2 was that it was not one per server. And now with their only being one international server i believe that we should have our own personal Community Rep who plays Terra as their main server who is actually daily hearing what the Int community is asking for.

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:06
Yep he's about (just not on the terra server :mad: )

the only server i am not around is the french one

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:10
Ratman, do you play on Terra as your main?

No, my main server is mars, this is teh server i am "playing" my role as Ratman

One of my main gripes with the community representitive prior to NC2 was that it was not one per server. And now with their only being one international server i believe that we should have our own personal Community Rep who plays Terra as their main server who is actually daily hearing what the Int community is asking for.

As i said bevor, i thing "playing" the game isnt THAT different on each server, if you are missing a GR somewhere, it is missing on all servers, and if some one is nick or clan name stealing this isnt a problem on just one server.

The only 2 reasons why there is a need for "more" com-reps is the lack of time and lack of english as mother language.

the eng-com mods are reporting me all things where my present is needed and this works quite good but i have 6h a day where i am just on the boards and believe i am in the englisch board as well, but i am not posting that much over here because its hard for me to post my kind of humor in a different language and not every post i make is a post as a com-rep...

garyu69
21-10-04, 20:13
As i said bevor, i thing "playing" the game isnt THAT different on each server, if you are missing a GR somewhere, it is missing on all serversI always thought each server had its slight differences, i.e. no scorp queen on pluto, CityCom in Pluto MB exit. Benches and other items in places where other servers don't have them.

O_o

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:15
I always thought each server had its slight differences, i.e. no scorp queen on pluto, CityCom in Pluto MB exit. Benches and other items in places where other servers don't have them.

O_o

so collect these things put em in a mail, give some reason why they are needed and send em to me. If i have a concret YES or NO on something i will reply.

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 20:18
Has the english/terra n00b helper project been scrapped?
All I wanted to know in my PMs was the amount of time I would have to devote to it.

As an Ex-FCA, I am still in contact with all the Ex-FCs, so I know all about the Job dealers and Reporters anyway :p.

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:22
Has the english/terra n00b helper project been scrapped?
All I wanted to know in my PMs was the amount of time I would have to devote to it.

As an Ex-FCA, I am still in contact with all the Ex-FCs, so I know all about the Job dealers and Reporters anyway :p.

This project is quit idle atm and i am trying to get a central communication point for all helpers first, so i dont have to pm/icq/mail one by one.

Darth Slayer
Dribble Joy I'm still going to get you about them Badgers........ :eek:

Scorpius.

Underground
Hi Ratman,

Can I suggest one thing, Do you have the power to create your own team, unofficial helpers of yourself.
I suggest this, as basically, the english community feel a little neglected and ignored recently which is why threads like this have appeared.
Can You make a team of english/german players, that are around alot and are active, experienced and unbiased etc, to pass information onto yourself, to pass onto higher levels. I personally think that might work better with getting a few more people involved, taking the full load off yourself to be in 2-3 places at once, but you will still be able to determine what is passed on and what isnt thus keeping your role.

So say for example, you chose a couple of people from the german community that are active and experianced and a couple from the english community, The english team can then be proactive on the english side of the forum, taking notes of what is being requested and suggested for the Terra server and the game in general, and then passing the info onto you.

Personally I think it would work better this way, The english community then know who they can contact ingame aswell as on the forums, and through them can reach yourself alot easier.

Please take this into consideration.

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 20:24
This project is quit idle atm and i am trying to get a central communication point for all helpers first, so i dont have to pm/icq/mail one by one.
Righto.

Commencing thumb twiddleage.

-FN-
21-10-04, 20:27

Anything we can facilitate with? I evidently am in the same boat as DJ.

Ascension
21-10-04, 20:28
Lo FN.. you get my PM mate.. bored and ready to do some work ;)

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:34
Hi Ratman,

Can I suggest one thing, Do you have the power to create your own team, unofficial helpers of yourself.
I suggest this, as basically, the english community feel a little neglected and ignored recently which is why threads like this have appeared.
Can You make a team of english/german players, that are around alot and are active, experienced and unbiased etc, to pass information onto yourself, to pass onto higher levels. I personally think that might work better with getting a few more people involved, taking the full load off yourself to be in 2-3 places at once, but you will still be able to determine what is passed on and what isnt thus keeping your role.

you are nearly describing the Helper Project... ;)

So say for example, you chose a couple of people from the german community that are active and experianced and a couple from the english community, The english team can then be proactive on the english side of the forum, taking notes of what is being requested and suggested for the Terra server and the game in general, and then passing the info onto you.

its nearly done, if someone is interessted to help as an newbie helper drop me a pm and if i have an empty slot i send you all information...

Personally I think it would work better this way, The english community then know who they can contact ingame aswell as on the forums, and through them can reach yourself alot easier.

i think i dont have to choose some if everybody is free to collect information to pass em to me.

thebee
21-10-04, 20:34
I didnt know there was an official noobie helper system in place. I have been selling "noob startup kits" on terra for some time now. I give them all the gear they need to reach level 40 in thier main skill, weapons, armor, implants, and such. and charge them a price based on thier class and skill. most of the time its anywhere between 300-600k.

noobies of course dont have this kind of money and i usually get someone starting a new character that pays me with thier previous character.

noobies that are just Starting get all the items for free. but are emailed and dm'ed periodically to remind them that they owe me money(periodically meaning once a week).

All weapons are atleast 2-3slots, all armor, implants, and equipment is outstanding. too bad i can not provide them with thier tradeskilling tools. but heay they need to interact with NPCs for some reason. but they know they can get all thier equipment from me.

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:36
Anything we can facilitate with? I evidently am in the same boat as DJ.

no nothing todo for you...

i just keep on slaping kks to let me and my helpers in where i want them into

thebee
21-10-04, 20:37
oh incase you are wondering.....example startup equipment for a rifle spy

Rifles TL 2-44
All armor up to battlesuit 2
first level belts
implants up to level 2
medkits x100
stamina x60

All weapons are unmodded and modded free of charge to my customers.

RaTMaN McCruel
21-10-04, 20:40
I didnt know there was an official noobie helper system in place. I have been selling "noob startup kits" on terra for some time now. I give them all the gear they need to reach level 40 in thier main skill, weapons, armor, implants, and such. and charge them a price based on thier class and skill. most of the time its anywhere between 300-600k.

noobies of course dont have this kind of money and i usually get someone starting a new character that pays me with thier previous character.

noobies that are just Starting get all the items for free. but are emailed and dm'ed periodically to remind them that they owe me money(periodically meaning once a week).

All weapons are atleast 2-3slots, all armor, implants, and equipment is outstanding. too bad i can not provide them with thier tradeskilling tools. but heay they need to interact with NPCs for some reason. but they know they can get all thier equipment from me.

helping newbies is sometime more basic as you can imagine and not compareable with selling newbie kits...but anice idea anyway...

most of them are missing a reame/faq whatever. they see a blinking sign with "1 new mail" and dont know where to read it, and if you tell em "just check em on the infoterm" the next question ist "What is a infotrem" :rolleyes: and if they ask you how they can get out, they dont mean mc5 at all, the just mean the "first" room ;)

Darth Slayer
21-10-04, 22:12
If someone asks a question of me or over the help channel I always answer if I know the answer that is. I'm surprised actually at the amount of abuse some of them get over the help channel.

Scorpius.