PDA

View Full Version : Patch 112 Bugs

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 19:07
Please post bugs only on this thread. Keep all the chit chat on the discussion thread. Thanks.

N

craio
13-10-04, 19:09
-Next Epic last mission still broken
-asg at battledome still spawns underground (i think)

Richard Blade
13-10-04, 19:19
Level 1 database mobs now do what feels like normal damage.

Level 2 database mobs. Aggro'd at spiderbot range, hit me once to take me from 309 health to 40 health. Shot me from spiderbot range.
The damage is still way too high. Haven't tried the level 3 DB mobs yet.

NExT epic is still broke at the "cleaning up the Protopharm stockX mess" stage.
YOu can talk to the personel guy but the mission won't stick.
(I know this was mentioned. But, it means a lot to me.)

40$Poser
13-10-04, 19:24
Unable to adjust in game options

IE. Brightness, turning the sky off.

DX9 and DX7, neither work for me. Yes I hit apply changes, tried relogging...

video card being used: e-GeForce FX5500

Sakletare
13-10-04, 19:40
There's no cst/res missions for TG & FA.

Edit: Now there are. A bit strange, i updated for ages without getting one and even asked other people trying to get missions. Perhaps a dev did something to the database? :)

Edit2: And now they are gone again. :confused:
Anyone else having this bug?

Edit3: Ok... i think i have figured it out now. You can't get a FA or TG cst/res mission directly, but if you first search for a mission in another faction and then tries in FA/TG again (have to be the same difficulty (hard/easy/etc)) you can find the mission there (seems to be only the missions you found in the other faction). It doesn't seem to work with all factions so i guess it's only the factions that have the same item/mission that this works with.
When you close the citycom you have to repeat this to find another FA/TG tradeskill mission.

Short version: *sigh*

Underground
13-10-04, 19:41
Unable to adjust in game options

IE. Brightness, turning the sky off.

DX9 and DX7, neither work for me. Yes I hit apply changes, tried relogging...

video card being used: e-GeForce FX5500

Brightness works fine for me, are you in windowed mode tho ? If you are, then the ingame brightness/gamma dont change anything, you have to change your desktop gamma etc

Legendo
13-10-04, 19:43
Research missions for NEXT (others probably too) don't work. You make 3 bps and you have the original item in your backpack but when you click on the guy he says he needs original item back before he can take bps.

Also for hard and very hard missions the research substance you spend for ressing is worth more than the mission rewards. Especialy if research fails a couple of times.

MrChumble
13-10-04, 19:45
Research missions for NEXT (others probably too) don't work. You make 3 bps and you have the original item in your backpack but when you click on the guy he says he needs original item back before he can take bps.

Also for hard and very hard missions the research substance you spend for ressing is worth more than the mission rewards. Especialy if research fails a couple of times.lol beat me too it, I was about to post exactly this :D

4000nc for res subs, 2000 nc reward. Err..great. And as mentioned the missions don't even work (I am also NEXT, not tried others).

Edit: Which actually makes things much worse than before, cos at least in the old system you could do very easy and very hard missions, and get decent money even it took forever. Grumble. This is why we need a test server :rolleyes:

Edit of the edit: TT missions are also broken in the same way.

Jaenus
13-10-04, 19:48
With a TS TL 185 resser spy + 94 Int I fail the hard missions from time to time (doing TL 120 items). Overall it's not economical to do the missions as you spend so much on grease.
This is about normal but the money isn't enough to compensate for failures.
Also the TS missions tell you to deliver the bps to a Pimp in Club Veronique, which has been closed off for as long as I can remember.

With a PP TL 170 capped cster PE I failed a (TL 120) hard mission 7 times in a row O_o after which I gave up because I simply couldn't afford it.
Perhaps I was just _very_ unlucky or maybe cster PEs have been smacked with a nerf bat at some point. I've mostly been building noob stuff for friends so I wouldn't have noticed.

Crodus_Kanahn
13-10-04, 19:49
I live in california usa. I have given all port access to the NC2 launcher. I cannot get NC2 to launch. My firewall program is Panda. Im posting here under bugs for possible replies to this issue i was able to log onto NC2 last night before patch 112 but i cannot now. when i clik on the launcher shortcut
the first page opens and reads "page cannot be displayed" then the launch page opens with the launch button and when i clik it, it stays idle and never connects. plz reply

MrChumble
13-10-04, 19:51
I live in california usa. I have given all port access to the NC2 launcher. I cannot get NC2 to launch. My firewall program is Panda. Im posting here under bugs for possible replies to this issue i was able to log onto NC2 last night before patch 112 but i cannot now. when i clik on the launcher shortcut
the first page opens and reads "page cannot be displayed" then the launch page opens with the launch button and when i clik it, it stays idle and never connects. plz reply
Most likely your firewall has detected the changed .exe and is refusing internet access permission. Go into your firewall options and check that client.exe has suitable permissions.

Yelly
13-10-04, 19:54
Firewall/Router Configuration
If you are experiencing connectivity issues and are using a router or an advanced firewall, make sure that the following ports are open for Neocron:

TCP/IP: 7000, 8020, 8040, 12000, 13000

UDP: 6000, 6001, 5000 - 5016

Crodus_Kanahn
13-10-04, 19:59
okies everything is straight. i can use the internet, i.e. not having a major problem, but NC2 still wont launch whatsoever. turned off the firewall alltogether but still have had no luck at all. hmmmmmm
edit to reply NC2 has access to all ports.

f33StNeu$
13-10-04, 20:06
NC keeps giving FRE when trying to log onto character server,

tried 15 times allready, did 3 reboots, not using firewall

Crodus_Kanahn
13-10-04, 20:08
It seems that something has changed.

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 20:11
Please only use this thread for reporting issues with the recent patch.

N

Endar
13-10-04, 20:15
okies everything is straight. i can use the internet, i.e. not having a major problem, but NC2 still wont launch whatsoever. turned off the firewall alltogether but still have had no luck at all. hmmmmmm
edit to reply NC2 has access to all ports.

Umm.. You have been smart enought not to download XP Service Pack 2 right?

Crodus_Kanahn
13-10-04, 20:18
YES and if we cannot post on this topic here can we get a sticky on the connection issue at hand.

eprodigy
13-10-04, 20:20
Melee pa is not blue anymore ! its the standard hc grey. Not certain it's a bug - but I hope so cuz I like my blue pa ;)

FarSight
13-10-04, 20:34
Unbuyable hacknet weapon mods (price 0) disapeard lol .... hacknet seems still bugged (105 hack 80 tc using lvl3 attack/heal/shield soft) i pretty easy kill 60/60 (in groups 3-4) and 80/80 (1-2) in travel sectors but got owned in 2 sec by 4 30/30 CA NPC/Mobs :wtf: in Gravis (if i remember correctly) Uplink sector (not Outpost)....

Sakletare
13-10-04, 20:44
There's no cst/res missions for TG & FA.

Edit: Now there are. A bit strange, i updated for ages without getting one and even asked other people trying to get missions. Perhaps a dev did something to the database? :)

Edit2: And now they are gone again. :confused:
Anyone else having this bug?

Edit3: Ok... i think i have figured it out now. You can't get a FA or TG cst/res mission directly, but if you first search for a mission in another faction and then tries in FA/TG again (have to be the same difficulty (hard/easy/etc)) you can find the mission there (seems to be only the missions you found in the other faction). It doesn't seem to work with all factions so i guess it's only the factions that have the same item/mission that this works with.
When you close the citycom you have to repeat this to find another FA/TG tradeskill mission.

Short version: *sigh*

(Damn, ran out of time to edit.)

Edit4: But you still can't accept the missions, it refuses you with a "failed to accept mission". :(

Philchow
13-10-04, 20:53
Give us back the black PE's PA! :o

Brammers
13-10-04, 21:15
Next and CA high level databases give the black bars and no script.

Sakletare
13-10-04, 21:17
STORM bots are green to my Crahn now, they were red before the patch. Bug/feature?

Blacksword
13-10-04, 21:18
biotech missions for research will not work. besides that, some warning of the patch would have been nice. i had around 100 each of hte hard mission bps, that are now unusable.

Sakletare
13-10-04, 21:35
My PPU's PA is now yellow/brown (should be blue:ish), both for me and other people. It's the same for other PPU's, they are yellow/brown for me.

Had this bug before, but then it would go away after taking the PA off and putting it on again or zoning, but now it's always like this.

Kali
13-10-04, 21:36
hack 115 out/105 in hacknet TL 90 hack tool

Using all version 3 software (cool stats)

infected storage 1 easy as shooting fish in a barrle with a thermo nuclear warhead :lol: same with the 40/40 outer-network mobs easy as pie

Infected storage 2+ dead in no more 2 shots, with heals an defence softwares running :wtf:

Agent L
13-10-04, 21:54
Crahn research missions hard :
- reciever of Blueprints can't see I do have his orginal item (tried with 1 and 4 orginal items)
- Hard res missions appear as various TLs (100, 110, 120 ), the TL in mission description is 10 TLs higher, and finally the mission item is always at TL 100. Money reward does vary.
- Maybe not a bug, but some missions requires runner to go to outzone. 8k gr costs + lots of SI + need to run through 3 enemy zones impaired = worth only aborting.

Will try cst missions now

BTW : turning sky off in DX9 never worked.

Bronx
13-10-04, 21:57
WoC Mobs not dropping the ceres disk.

PoolBall
13-10-04, 22:00
The DX7 dirver no longer seem to select properly with this patch. After you hit apply it always reverts back to the DX9 driver.

Dirus
13-10-04, 22:02
The Research Bug has been found, and will be corrected as soon as possible.

*kicks shift key for turning off one character too soon*

Brammers
13-10-04, 22:06
Faction Construction Licenses - we had one license with 10 units and to make one item, it used 10 units, instead of 1 unit.

sebastien
13-10-04, 22:43
-noticed PA's look normal all the time now (ie, no all black, all black/blue, or all black/red error); that's nice :) Personally I prefer the APU skin, so if this was intentional, I support it.

-big lip bug still present; it doesn't seem to crop up until the client hits my swapfile. Maybe something is getting corrupted in there? Please fix; it might not be important but it's just silly to have such a bug. =)

-Alliance chat is not working at all. Tested with people in same faction (TT), same zone, and different zones. Also tested by people with LE and without LE. Nobody can hear me, and I can't read anything.

-Noticed slightly improved performance when client loads multiple player-characters in a new zone. Still a substantial FPS hit though.

-No FRE's during my hour of trying out the new patch.

-nice work on the new dancer model ;p

sebastien
13-10-04, 22:44
- brightness, etc, as reported by a previous poster, well it works fine for me so it may be something unique to your setup

eprodigy
13-10-04, 23:09
alliance doesnt work, but also if you went to the trouble to add that , why didnt we get a trade DOY...

Agent L
13-10-04, 23:10
Crahn hard cst mission TL 100 works just fine. Gained exp, crap money and symp to crahn, BD and TG.

The DX7 dirver no longer seem to select properly with this patch. After you hit apply it always reverts back to the DX9 driver.
This is old bug. It has something to do with writing to neocron.ini
My ini look like this :

NOSPLASH = "TRUE"
NOEXTRO = "TRUE"
Ř
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D7) Primary Display Driver"1024x768x32Ř
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"Generic DirectSound MixerŘ
PREFMODENAME = "1024x768x16"Generic DirectSound MixerŘ
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer
and it works. Took it's time to be settled up.
Dunno if the weird R will make it through, it is 0xD8.

Faction Construction Licenses - we had one license with 10 units and to make one item, it used 10 units, instead of 1 unit.
Always did. At least Rhinos.

BTW Lupus I know that it is supposed to be *hard* mission, but isn't TL150 bit too extreme ?

Agent L
13-10-04, 23:11
alliance doesnt work, but also if you went to the trouble to add that , why didnt we get a trade DOY...
Yeah, change TRADE-CANYON to TRADE-DOME.

Dirus
13-10-04, 23:17
BTW Lupus I know that it is supposed to be *hard* mission, but isn't TL150 bit too extreme ?

TL150 is supposed to be *Very Hard*, and the system still needs some slight tweaking. The rewards currently are sub+reward, tho for the higher item's I'll see about upping the sub part of it. As for the skills and being able to do items that high, I'll see what I can do to help ease things abit.

MrChumble
13-10-04, 23:19
TL150 is supposed to be *Very Hard*, and the system still needs some slight tweaking. The rewards currently are sub+reward, tho for the higher item's I'll see about upping the sub part of it. As for the skills and being able to do items that high, I'll see what I can do to help ease things abit.
And I thought I had a lot of res @ 250. No way could I get the 300 needed to do a 150 item without wasting tons of res subs :D

Tweaking...yes, just a little lol.

Any eta on a fix for this?

Candaman
14-10-04, 01:03
WoC Mobs not dropping the ceres disk.

its meant to be rare not every mob drops a disk

nEo-1664
14-10-04, 01:22
droners need a fix tbh, i didnt see any fix for it in patch 112 :angel: :lol:

Arikan
14-10-04, 02:16
has nothing to do with this latest patch but the far clip plane ingame STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED! the way it is now sniping = pointless and you cant see 20ft in front of you! :mad:

Dirus
14-10-04, 02:26
has nothing to do with this latest patch but the far clip plane ingame STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED! the way it is now sniping = pointless and you cant see 20ft in front of you! :mad:

20ft? Whats your fog distance set at?

cornelius5
14-10-04, 03:21
PP hacknet highest sec database only gives the "black bar" when accessing
.where as pre-patch i had no probs dl'ing the high sec bps.

pp runner more than enough symp and high sec bps

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 03:47
20ft? Whats your fog distance set at?
I think he was exagerating.

The clip distance from NC1/NC2closedbeta to NC2 has dropped DRASTICLY. I really hope this is adressed soon, along with the mem leak.

nEo-1664
14-10-04, 04:15

The clip distance from NC1/NC2closedbeta to NC2 has dropped DRASTICLY. I really hope this is adressed soon, along with the mem leak.

Along with droners :)

40$Poser
14-10-04, 04:52
Brightness works fine for me, are you in windowed mode tho ? If you are, then the ingame brightness/gamma dont change anything, you have to change your desktop gamma etc

ah my bro fixed it earlier, but I play in windows mode, he plays in the default mode.

Thanks for the reply, was wondering what the deal was.

40$Poser
14-10-04, 06:49
since this patch, it seems when the timer has run out for hacking belts and such there's a moment of lag every time.

Chiefy
14-10-04, 08:18
Hmm, well, as no-one else has mentioned this one, I'll do it.

The very easy res and const missions for Crahn Sect, no problem getting them or anything, all I'd like to know, is how the heck is a 8/10 nOOb char meant to be able to run from DoY to OZ9 (in NC) and back again (without dying a multitude of times) through mobs that can give higher lvl runners a run for their money?

Is this a small of, or the re-defintition of a challenge for new players :D

Chiefy

jernau
14-10-04, 10:12
The Research Bug has been found, and will be corrected as soon as possible.

*kicks shift key for turning off one character too soon*
Does that include the one where you don't get anything to research or any cubes?

Personally I think 150 RES is OK if the XP reward is appropriately high (ie a fair bit better than an E part) and if the NC reward assumes at least 3 failures per batch. I haven't been able to actually try them yet though.

Retro V
14-10-04, 10:20
As has been said , CA and NX databases also give blank screens for me , haven't tried any others . But PP has been said to have this same bug . Is it gonna be like this on all databases ?

Dirus
14-10-04, 10:33
Does that include the one where you don't get anything to research or any cubes?

Personally I think 150 RES is OK if the XP reward is appropriately high (ie a fair bit better than an E part) and if the NC reward assumes at least 3 failures per batch. I haven't been able to actually try them yet though.

Which one don't you get anything to research? The old missions were all replaced with the new ones this patch.

The XP is the standard amount for researching the item it's self plus the 50,75,100,150,200,250,300,400,500,700,800,900,1100,1200,1300 respectivly for completeing the missions So for a TL150 Item, you get TL150 normal XP towards INT + 1300 towards all skills.

The money rewards, fail-rate, research speed all still need to be adjusted for them. So yes besides XP you may lose trying to do the highest ones atm atleast money wise, but it will be dealt with. I am aware that research at the higher levels is slower then construction is.

The XP scale is also the same for construction.

Dirus
14-10-04, 10:37
Hmm, well, as no-one else has mentioned this one, I'll do it.

The very easy res and const missions for Crahn Sect, no problem getting them or anything, all I'd like to know, is how the heck is a 8/10 nOOb char meant to be able to run from DoY to OZ9 (in NC) and back again (without dying a multitude of times) through mobs that can give higher lvl runners a run for their money?

Is this a small of, or the re-defintition of a challenge for new players :D

Chiefy

The game randomly selects the two NPC's for the mission. For Crahn there is probably an npc of the type it looks for in Oz9, I'll see about getting this fixed.

Which one don't you get anything to research? The old missions were all replaced with the new ones this patch.

The XP is the standard amount for researching the item it's self plus the 50,75,100,150,200,250,300,400,500,700,800,900,1100,1200,1300 respectivly for completeing the missions So for a TL150 Item, you get TL150 normal XP towards INT + 1300 towards all skills.

The money rewards, fail-rate, research speed all still need to be adjusted for them. So yes besides XP you may lose trying to do the highest ones atm atleast money wise, but it will be dealt with. I am aware that research at the higher levels is slower then construction is.

The XP scale is also the same for construction.

Spermy
14-10-04, 10:52
Mebbe a fix to get a pack of ress substance when you take a mission? Size/charges depending on TL of item?

ch0ppy
14-10-04, 11:09
The DRE epic is STILL not working.
The 2nd mission is bugged, it does not stick kin the mission
log window after talking to the NPC.

jernau
14-10-04, 11:14
Mebbe a fix to get a pack of ress substance when you take a mission? Size/charges depending on TL of item?
Then it would be a way to get free gel.

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 11:31

`

NC2 closed beta clip didstance was a vast improvement on NC1 wasnt it?

seemed like it was to me.

but yeah, snipers have always been less use... enemies runspeed combined with poor visability turned SH's into shotguns (one hit leg destruction)

Spermy
14-10-04, 11:39
Then it would be a way to get free gel.

Hmm... what about getting it as a reimbursement, just a small pack or a big pack depending on the mission?

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 11:40
I don't think the closed beta clip distance was greater, but the fog effect at the clipping plane was a lot smoother and seemed.. a bit more real..

jernau
14-10-04, 11:47
Hmm... what about getting it as a reimbursement, just a small pack or a big pack depending on the mission?
I get the impression cash is easier and it's certainly more flexible and doesn't add the complication of BRT on item values.

The tricky part is deciding what a normal failure rate would be on such a high TL.

eLcHi
14-10-04, 11:52
Took a very easy Crahn Delivery mission ... the NPC told me to go to PP HQ Sector ... yeah right ...

I think this falls in the same category as the guy in OZ9

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 11:55
Took a very easy Crahn Delivery mission ... the NPC told me to go to PP HQ Sector ... yeah right ...

I think this falls in the same category as the guy in OZ9

The game randomly selects the two NPC's for the mission. For Crahn there is probably an npc of the type it looks for in Oz9, I'll see about getting this fixed.

There.

Spermy
14-10-04, 11:57
I get the impression cash is easier and it's certainly more flexible and doesn't add the complication of BRT on item values.

The tricky part is deciding what a normal failure rate would be on such a high TL.

*Agrees*

Kali
14-10-04, 15:08
i went out on my tank today to blow off some dust and i get pwned.. okeys says me no problem GR and pray i didnt lose anythign decent, GR my pack back... ive

lost a head poke in the flavor of zerk 2
lost my PA flavor of HC 3 Cammo
lost my crappy dont knwo why i bother med enrgyfield belt
(edit also lost my heal, deflector and my HC booster spells)

Not so bad if i was a Neg SL greef'er. But im a Posative SL good boy (sl +11) :angel:

befor you ask no i dont know who i was pked by just know it was a spy a APU and a factionless PPU

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 18:19
YOs seller in jankins lab has the 'this NPC is busy' bug.

Anna
14-10-04, 18:49
YOs seller in jankins lab has the 'this NPC is busy' bug.
that was before patch as well
other ops have it too, though i cant remember exactly in which ones i saw it, think maybe ns

athon
14-10-04, 20:11
Fallen Angels Courier (Easy) missions are broken. There is no NPC to deliver the stuff to.

Athon Solo

MeWhiteWolf
15-10-04, 03:24
RE connection prob AFTER patch 112
got this at work where my machine is networked on an ADSL connection.
couldn't log in etc.
for some reason i went into option and selected a local port (as in put the tick in)
viola i have a connection - that's all i did and i'm loggd in happy now so give it a go.
srry nid not a bug but possible solution ;)

JustIn_Case
15-10-04, 08:59
UI:
-----------------
F9, then clicked World Map, nothing happens, after that i cant leave chat mode, neither TAB or ENTER helps, must logg out. Only tried it in Windowed mode with DX7.
-----------------

HackNet:
-----------------
Now the 30/30 in the Uplink zones are deadly to since the 30/30 counter mobs no longer are on the floor. Killed me in 2 shots even with an >570% defense v0.3 running.

Bugs Gunny
15-10-04, 09:12
RE connection prob AFTER patch 112
got this at work where my machine is networked on an ADSL connection.
couldn't log in etc.
for some reason i went into option and selected a local port (as in put the tick in)
viola i have a connection - that's all i did and i'm loggd in happy now so give it a go.
srry nid not a bug but possible solution ;)

You play neocron there and you dare call it work???????
You should WORK there you leecher :-)

Nc TrIX
15-10-04, 09:28
Yeah, i didnt read the patch notes ( IM TG ) and bought a p1 apt , a bit stupid of me :rolleyes:

TrIX

MeWhiteWolf
15-10-04, 10:51
hmm well yes it's work but - nc has been on my machine there since i joined, gives me something to do when all the computers on the bench are
defraging/virus scanning/scandisking......

ur just jealous that i can do it without getting in S$#t :)

MOFO
15-10-04, 12:09
UI:
-----------------
F9, then clicked World Map, nothing happens, after that i cant leave chat mode, neither TAB or ENTER helps, must logg out. Only tried it in Windowed mode with DX7.
-----------------

do the exact same thing as if you weren't in window mode, press Escape.

The problem with worldmap while playing in window mode is that you need to play in a high resolution to be able to see it, dunno why but it is that way.

Again to leave worldmap window mode or not you need to press Escape.

One thing i've noticed is that WB now agro and hit you from very very far away. Is it suposed to be that way ?