PDA

View Full Version : Oh Wow

THE_TICK!!!!
13-10-04, 18:08
awesome body kit for my TT gonna have to get it....hmm somehow, its a tad expensive.. but DAMN i gotta get it...DOC eat your heart out !!! its the 3000gt/dodge stealth oxxo-r kit if this link dont work right :D http://www.jacquemond.com/entry.htm

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:21
i dont see anything for a TT nor do i see the model you stated :confused:

:edit: liez i found it :p

MkVenner
13-10-04, 23:38
hmm TT was a let down, roadster is nice...shoulda gone with a 350z or a RX-8, but TTs are going for really good prices over here atm, btw you yank or brit?

and what TT you got?

im thinking of selling my warrior and getting a mustang GT 95, coz i work for ford i get a discount and parts r cheap as chips for me....insurance is a bitch tho....

tho i dunno if i wanna sell my truck, put ALOT of work into her....my girlfriends dad just bought her a Type R, and im working on that atm, lowering it, exhaust, engine tuning, nice and simple....

r3yka
13-10-04, 23:51
sounds sexy.
can u tune up a Gillera 125 VX? :)

MkVenner
13-10-04, 23:54
well you can tune up any cars, but its all relative, like you can get a 105 BHP Vauxhall/Opel Nova up to 655 BHP with like a grand, but if you spent that on a 350BHP Mustang youd only get like 420 out of it...some cars tune up nice, with little cost, while others dont, like the Smart roadster and the RX-8 what you get is pretty much it, coz they use those new rotary engines instead of standard pistons, so there barely any changes you can make there, you can still do the manifolds, exhaust etc

THE_TICK!!!!
14-10-04, 07:31
im from the states..its a dodge stealth rt/tt twin turbo all wheel drive and all wheel steering..pretty much the same as the mitsu 300gt vr4...and that body kit i HAVE to have...but ima have to save for a while.

MkVenner
14-10-04, 13:59
lol, thought you meant a Audi TT, dude if you got one of them and you can insure it you're doping summink right, i got a fuckng pickup truck and its like 2k a year as a named driver on my mums, and even then they dont know about the Mods. I'm working on my girlfriends Type-r atm, should be nice, nothing fancy tho, no body kit or any thing, just lowering, exhaust and manifold, nice sounds and rims.

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 14:37
Insurance in the US is patheticly low cost.

Here in the UK you have to be 21 to be able to be a named driver on a discovery.

MkVenner
14-10-04, 14:47
yeah i know, i do alot of offroading and dirtbiking, so i needed something to pull a trailer, that could actually go off road, and all i could insure was a REALLY old defender if i wanted more than just the front seats

*Dazz*
20-10-04, 17:56
My 94 C1500 Sierra 2wd is cheaper to insure than my 94 Z34 lumina, and i got such a terrible record, last time i was pulled over i was told I wasn't gettin a ticket, cuz with my record i didnt need anymore :D I'm payin like almost $200 a month for full on the truck, $245 on the Z....so yea the Z is sitting in the driveway till i feel like dumpin no fault on it and takin my chances :p

THE_TICK!!!!
20-10-04, 19:18
lol hell ya insurance in the states is pretty cool..i have 2 jeeps and a neon rt. for the wife ATM and my insurance for all three probly runs..bleh bout 120 a month...but i invest in good radar detectors so i rarely get cought speeding..unlike the wife. the last one she got was 86 in a 50 mile an hour zone..for you ukers it was 144 kl. in a 80kl zone 8| and venner i also like to (root) Four wheel drivin..or offroadin..so thats cool..what you use to offroad ?

Dribble Joy
20-10-04, 21:14
86 in a 50 mile an hour zone..for you ukers it was 144 kl. in a 80kl zone 8| and venner i also like to (root)
UK uses mph like all people with any sense.

My first car (when I was 17) was £860 (about £70/$110 per month) for 3rd party fire and theft and a 5k mile yearly maximum.

Glok
20-10-04, 21:58
...and a 5k mile yearly maximum.WTF. A limit on driving miles. That is... um I guess not surprising, considering many UK ISPs have bandwidth limits. I bet you can only get sick hospital style 5 times a year too. :confused:

MkVenner
20-10-04, 22:09
well the insurance covers you for a certain amount of miles, coz if i drive 10,000 miles a year i got a much higher chance of needing to claim than if the same driver/car only does 5k a year

@tick i used to use my L200 off road, but i spent alot on bits for it so i dont wanna mess it up lol, i got 2 dirtbikes and a 90 defender (neither insured onroad)

Glok
20-10-04, 22:14
We have a 5 year old Toyota Corolla that has almost 80k miles on it. Man the insurance on that thing would be a fortune in the UK I bet, and it's just a regular sedan.

joran420
20-10-04, 22:36
lol its the same in the US

when u sign up for insurance they ask u how many miles per year u drive

and factor that into the cost

coarse i dun think they check up on ya very often

Dribble Joy
22-10-04, 17:12
WTF. A limit on driving miles. That is... um I guess not surprising, considering many UK ISPs have bandwidth limits. I bet you can only get sick hospital style 5 times a year too. :confused:
Usually you get insured with 'unlimited milage', however, you can sometimes opt to restrict how much you drive, thus making the premium lower.
You have to send you MOT certificate to an insurer, which has the milometer reading on it (or a copy) and if you have gone over your yearly allowance, you have to pay a 'fine'.

StrongSad
26-10-04, 06:59
massive body kits = http://img100.exs.cx/img100/4623/rice.jpg

Why not spend the money something more useful? The 3000GT is a sick car, plz dont ruin it with a body kit... :mad:

THE_TICK!!!!
26-10-04, 07:18
it will be a long time in the coming...4500 for a body kit is a bit excessive...if i DO get it..wich i wouldn't mind :D it will be in the far future...first and formost is engine upgrades ;)

Ebonwulf
26-10-04, 07:21
Eh, at 25 now, for my '04 GTO that I'm leasing it's about 125 a month for insurance. Not debilitating, but still a healthy chunck of change when adding that with our gas costs and the payment. When I started on insurance at 18, I was paying well over 179/month for a pos 85 Cutlas Calais.

StrongSad
26-10-04, 19:09
cool Ebon. Post sum picture of that thing. I love the GTO!!

and 4500 for body kit is so total rice its not even funney. You could buy a crate motor and coilovers for that much. Not that the car needs a new motor, but it just shows something.

THE_TICK!!!!
27-10-04, 09:51
yep it shows that im looking at EVERYTHING i can do just bout anything to a car bymyself got the tools and the knowledge..i CANT do body work. or paint(tried it oooo wow it was awful) so i tend to look at those things first since i CANT do them on my own.

*Dazz*
27-10-04, 15:02
LIES!!!! All lies! You had to steal your spillway setup from Walt and Stang Dude you homer, you can't set up shit.... Were you trying to beat my MCC time with my vette setup too? :D

THE_TICK!!!!
27-10-04, 15:50
bleh your sets where shite.. i could beat you drunk with one eye closed :P

*Dazz*
27-10-04, 17:51
LOL...I remember holding MCC for WEEKS...don't ever remember seein YOUR name up there :p

Doc Holliday
27-10-04, 18:00
lol old friends reminiscing from days gone byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

haha. tick sort that sig out man its obscene and its too big haha.

MkVenner
28-10-04, 00:49
lately ive been riding motorbikes more than driving, but im sure i'll get pissed off when it starts raining, and this is england so rain it will, then it'll be back to the truck....only started using it coz it was my birds bike, and she been using her Type R alot all the time, and i couldnt afford to fill up the truck and it had a full tank lol, so i thought id use it up...cant beat a fast bike for an adrenaline rush, specially when she drives, coz shes scare me shit less lol