PDA

View Full Version : Patch 112 Notes & Discussion

Thanatos
13-10-04, 18:06
- Replaced all research and construction quickjobs. They now use mission specific items ranging from TL 10 to TL 150.

- The Fallen Angels Supply Manager finally found the Hoverbomber keys he was supposed to sell.
- All Faction Supply Managers now sell MNPU parts, AMRAD parts have been removed and all blueprints using AMRAD part have been adjusted to use MNPU parts.
- Added more loot to WoC dungeon mobs and increased the drop rate for the Ceres Disks.
- Lowered firing frequency for the Terminator shotgun to match other shotguns.
- Changed Techlevel for the Crahn Defensive PSI Processor 3 to the intended TL 67 (was 37).
- Removed the "push effect" from player and monster shots within Hacknet.
- Changed recycling recipes for the Codebreakers.

- An additional dancer model has been enabled.

- Fixed several gameworld and npc related bugs.
- Fixed several epic related bugs.
- Added PSI Trader in the City Mercs HQ.
- Added a Hacknet Software trader in the Fallen Angels DOY sector.
- Fixed a bug in the I_09 Quests.
- Fixed an exploitable spot in Plaza Sec-4.
- Changed the Abandoned Sectors in Dome of York to warzones (no SL loss, no faction sympathy loss when killing other players)
- Changed HackNet uplink sectors to warzones (no SL loss, no faction sympathy loss when killing other players)
- Changed HackNet travel sectors to hunting grounds (SL and faction sympathy loss when killing other players)

- Updated Hacknet monster scripts and spawns
- Fixed bug with combat rank 30/30 Hacknet turrets, they should do less damage now.
- Made new scripts for the Juggernaut bots of the Juggernaut facility. (Recommendation: Bring at least a full team to the facility)

- Fixed apartment GenRep activation restrictions:
+ Plaza/Viarosso/Pepper apartments: CityAdmin friendly player only
+ DoY apartments: DoY friendly player only
+ Outzone/Techtown/Canyon apartments: no restrictions
+ Military base apartments: CityMerc friendly player only

- Added custom chat "ALLIANCE", only visible to players who are allied to each other:
+ Pro CityAdmin: CityAdmin, Diamond, NEXT, Tangent, BioTech, ProtoPharm
+ Anti CityAdmin: Twilight Guardian, Tsunami, BlackDragon, Crahn, Fallen Angels
+ neutral (equals to FACTION chat): CityMercs
+ this possibly shifts your custom chat settings, please check your hypercom window!

- D3D9 driver: slightly reduced loading time of precached mesh objects
- Fixed small memory leak in client startup code

- Added another check to prevent vehicles to spawn below ground at some vehicle depots
- Disabled flawed "mission NPC alive" check causing "mission failed" bug with some epic run missions.

Dribble Joy
13-10-04, 18:07
Sex

Narf, first.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:08
since when are hunting grounds no SL loss?

Sakletare
13-10-04, 18:09
- Added custom chat "ALLIANCE", only visible to players who are allied to each other
Thank you. :)

Edit:
Why no Trade-DoY and Skill-DoY?
(and remove some of the others that's never used)

Ozambabbaz
13-10-04, 18:11
- Lowered firing frequency for the Terminator shotgun to match other shotguns.

NOOOooooooOOOOOOOoOooOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOoooo

*deep breath*

WhyyyyyyyYYYYyyyyyyyyyYYYYYYyyyyyyyY?

*pants and shakes fist*

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

jernau
13-10-04, 18:11
A few nice things in there but can we get any news on the big problems?

Also - "(Recommendation: Bring at least a full team to the facility)" :( :confused: :mad:

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:12
A few nice things in there but can we get any news on the big problems?

Also - "(Recommendation: Bring at least a full team to the facility)" :( :confused: :mad:

finally a place where high levels are challenged (other than MC5 which makes me want to go to sleep)

Rieke
13-10-04, 18:13
edit ... wrong Posting, sorry :)

MaGn0lia
13-10-04, 18:13

Oh no! The Canyons are infested by pro-city *untrags by now!

Spikadelia
13-10-04, 18:14
Is it true that in addition to losing all drones launched that Riggers now spontaneously combust, do a new emote, the " I'm a little teapot" dance. Then spray money cubes containing the rest of their credits before spreading open the contents of their backpacks, popping all imps and disintegrating? All with a coquettish smile... :D

Enemy
13-10-04, 18:15
Biotech database still not working :(
Guessing the others aren't either.

Edit: Also the alliance channel didn't seem to be working.

Dirus
13-10-04, 18:16
Note about Construction & Research missions.

Right now alot of items are still temp items. This was to get the new system into the game faster.

The items themselves have no use outside of the missions. This was done so that items could be given to the player. I.e. Researchers are given the item they need to research, Constructers are given the parts and the blueprint. And no, you can't take a Construction Mission then cancel and hand in the BP for a Research mission or vice versa ;)

The items are also things like CopBot & S.T.O.R.M. Bot parts for TT, BT, CA, NExT. And Hovercab, HoverTaxi, Venturewarp, & Genrep parts for NExT.

evs
13-10-04, 18:16
Who the fuck gives a shit about termi rof at present?
about 3 people?

Fix WoC
Fix droners
Fix mem leaks

Whats the betting the ceres droprate is screwed and we have the 'strange book' fiasco all over again

And where are strength booster 3's?

And how many stealth sledgehammer nerfs/increases this time?

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:17
Note about Construction & Research missions.

Right now alot of items are still temp items. This was to get the new system into the game faster.

The items themselves have no use outside of the missions. This was done so that items could be given to the player. I.e. Researchers are given the item they need to research, Constructers are given the parts and the blueprint. And no, you can't take a Construction Mission then cancel and hand in the BP for a Research mission or vice versa ;)

The items are also things like CopBot & S.T.O.R.M. Bot parts for TT, BT, CA, NExT. And Hovercab, HoverTaxi, Venturewarp, & Genrep parts for NExT.

faction gain = real time sink now :p

jernau
13-10-04, 18:19
finally a place where high levels are challenged (other than MC5 which makes me want to go to sleep)
Like the tunnels you mean? Also, the Ceres Dungeons and the abandoned HQs.

I'd rather see places that mid-level and solo players can hunt profitably - both have been amost completely ignored for two years now.

Why does everything have to be designed with the assumption we like having PPUs rammed up our asses and enjoy relying on the still-buggy team system? It's not like the server populations support these kind of dungeons.

Tratos
13-10-04, 18:19
looks like a nice patch, thanks kk....i just hope it works :)

40$Poser
13-10-04, 18:20
Options seem to not work in game

Tried DX9/DX7 and trying to adjust any of the settings does not do anything.

IE. Brightness, doesn't change.

Would be appreciated if that could be looked into.

Crodus_Kanahn
13-10-04, 18:21
All i gotta say is we are off to another fine season of patches 110 was holding strong but here comes 111 around the outside wait 112 is pushing up
the middle wheres 113 who was the favored winner in the pre season. But will
we see 114 the famous talked about patch in training last year? I dont know bob but 109's offspring 115 and 116 are sure to be strong due to their strong blood lines we may have to wait a few months but they are sure to be favored by all the patch fans. :p

Iorghe
13-10-04, 18:25
about 3 people?

Fix WoC
Fix droners
Fix mem leaks

Whats the betting the ceres droprate is screwed and we have the 'strange book' fiasco all over again

And where are strength booster 3's?

And how many stealth sledgehammer nerfs/increases this time?

- Added more loot to WoC dungeon mobs and increased the drop rate for the Ceres Disks.
- Fixed small memory leak in client startup code

there you go

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:28
Like the tunnels you mean? Also, the Ceres Dungeons and the abandoned HQs.

I'd rather see places that mid-level and solo players can hunt profitably - both have been amost completely ignored for two years now.

Why does everything have to be designed with the assumption we like having PPUs rammed up our asses and enjoy relying on the still-buggy team system? It's not like the server populations support these kind of dungeons.

ive never had problems with mid level...

aggies > butchees > launchers > WB's / fire mobs.

mid levels can easily spec some poison and go swamp caving, mid levels can do well in the chaos caves if they are teamed with other mid levels (a ppu high enough to rez is preferable in this team though)

tbh with the massive lack of end game content any hih end thing thats added is good news in my eyes. with the amount of juggernaughts in each room its not simple spam the left mouse button... it could acually prove challenging and maybe even fun

Siygess
13-10-04, 18:30
I'm with OZ on this one, my Termi is now as good as its title suggests - its the lowest tl rare in the whole rifle and pistol pool. Noooooooo!

Mr Kot
13-10-04, 18:32
since when are hunting grounds no SL loss?

Read it again.......slowly :p

+ Military base apartments: CityMerc friendly player only

Does "friendly" include non-hostile, i.e. neutral? CityMercs don't have any friends. So can city peeps tag MB appt reps, and vice versa for CM tagging NC appt reps?

Crodus_Kanahn
13-10-04, 18:32
When Reakktor patches the system how long should we expect this to take.
Ive been playing along time but seems like they usually patch while im away
and i just happen to be off work today and waiting to play lmao. any one?

sebastien
13-10-04, 18:34
Looks nice. =)

I'm especially interested in the slightly faster loading of precached models. Does that mean less of an FPS spike when we enter a zone with other players around? Nice.

___T-X____
13-10-04, 18:41
So is the TS and NeXT epic fixed in all missions ?

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:44
Read it again.......slowly :p

now you look at the time i posted that, then the time the first post was edited... slowly

james_finn
13-10-04, 18:50
OK well I can confirm that full teams are now needed to do the Juggernaut factory! lol, me (capped PPU) a capped tank and capped PE went there, 80/80's in first rooms, they were ok to kill. 127/127 were murder to kill, in fact my holy heal broke before we could even get into the room! GJ KK this gives meaning to the word team!

Delphi

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:51
OK well I can confirm that full teams are now needed to do the Juggernaut factory! lol, me (capped PPU) a capped tank and capped PE went there, 80/80's in first rooms, they were ok to kill. 127/127 were murder to kill, in fact my holy heal broke before we could even get into the room! GJ KK this gives meaning to the word team!

Delphi

80/80's? O_o

damn... in beta it was 120/120's and 127/127's, no 80/80's

jernau
13-10-04, 18:52
ive never had problems with mid level...

aggies > butchees > launchers > WB's / fire mobs.

mid levels can easily spec some poison and go swamp caving, mid levels can do well in the chaos caves if they are teamed with other mid levels (a ppu high enough to rez is preferable in this team though)
Those aren't dungeons - they are just random encounter mobs.

tbh with the massive lack of end game content any hih end thing thats added is good news in my eyes. with the amount of juggernaughts in each room its not simple spam the left mouse button... it could acually prove challenging and maybe even fun
More camped team-based dungeons aren't new though - we have enough of them for the number of players we have.

I'm not saying it's not nice to have new stuff but I'm sick of the "you need a big team and a pack of PPUs" crap. We need something new that expands the game's possibilities not more of the same with bigger numbers. This game is linear enough as it is.

Richard Blade
13-10-04, 18:53
Looks good.

Have we a thread to post what we've found as a result of this patch?

Level 1 database mobs now do what feels like normal damage. My hacker is 120 with level 3 programs. If 3 of the level 1 mobs attack, it gets a little sticky. But, that feels right too.

Level 2 database mobs. Aggro'd at spiderbot range, hit me once to take me from 309 health to 40 health. Shot me from spiderbot range. O_o Ok maybe that's normal. But, the damage is still way too high.

NExT epic is still broke at the "cleaning up the Protopharm stockX mess" stage.
YOu can talk to the personel guy but the mission won't stick.

___T-X____
13-10-04, 18:53
NEED A GM TO SPAWN THE TSUNAMI CONTACTS INGAME PLEASE.
I HAVE AN OPEN TICKET THAT CARBONITE IS DEALING WITH.

Please can you help.

Darth Slayer
13-10-04, 18:56
there you go
H'mmm Iorghe got respect for you, BUT WTF IS THE FIX FOR THE DRONES WHICH MAKES THE ENTIRE CLASS UNPLAYABLE !!!!!......... :mad:

Scorpius.

Iorghe
13-10-04, 18:56
80/80's? O_o

damn... in beta it was 120/120's and 127/127's, no 80/80's

we'll see how everyone does with the current setup for the facility. It's no problem to add some more in between Juggies.

H'mmm Iorghe got respect for you, BUT WTF IS THE FIX FOR THE DRONES WHICH MAKES THE ENTIRE CLASS UNPLAYABLE !!!!!......... :mad:

Scorpius.

Well as to drones, there are several bugs that need tending, some have to do with drones directly, others are to be found somewhere completely else.

They are not on the back of our todo lists.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:58
we'll see how everyone does with the current setup for the facility. It's no problem to add some more in between Juggies.

i was just confirming it since i have barely played retail (my PC is fucked) and last i knew they were 120/120 :)

@Jeranu - why do mid levels need dungeons? whats wrong with hunting in the fresh air?

and then when i point out they can do dungeons you complain that they need a PPU?

Alienfreak
13-10-04, 19:04
The Cyclopses (127/127) Drop Hardware Scraps, Joint Parts, Electiral Motors and so on. Come on. An Mech Turtle has better loot.

And we emptied the Dungeon three times and found not a single ceres disk.

How are we supposed to find ceres disks for a whole clan of 60+ chars?

___T-X____
13-10-04, 19:08
@Jorg "Iorghe" Floren

Since KK havent fixed the TS and NeXT epics pls can you remove the need to do the last missions so they can be completed - i have 3 chars that i cant use until this is fixed.

pls pls pls

jernau
13-10-04, 19:10
@Jeranu - why do mid levels need dungeons? whats wrong with hunting in the fresh air?1) Because new players (which are desperately needed) don't powerlevel into the Chaos Caves in a day and deserve more variation than aggie missions or launcher pits. The average REAL newbie probably won't kill a warbot for at least a month, maybe more and unless he sees something cool he'll leave before that.
2) Becuase caves = special drops = more reward, more interest, more fun
3) Because cave spawn rules are a lot more reliable than WBs for classes that consider WBs (and similar) mid-level
4) Mid level caves wouldn't include the chance of a WBT/Grim/J5/Y/Horror/etc appearing and killing those who do consider WBs and similar mid-level
5) Because caves have an end - sounds silly but you can say you have "done it" - why does everyone ignore the levelling experience and the rewards that drive it then wonder why new players leave?
6) Because low/mid-level teams are a PITA in high-level caves

and then when i point out they can do dungeons you complain that they need a PPU?Don't get you.

Darth Slayer
13-10-04, 19:14
Well as to drones, there are several bugs that need tending, some have to do with drones directly, others are to be found somewhere completely else.

They are not on the back of our todo lists.
Ok as long as I know somethings being done.

Scorpius.

MrChumble
13-10-04, 19:27
about 3 people?Changing frequency on the gun must have taken them all of about 10 minutes. Maybe 3 people use termi but many more than that get shot by it :D

Good patch generally. The mission fixes are cool and loads of misc loose ends tidied up.

No news on drones makes me a bit mad, and no player shops or item tracking...0/3 on the main issues, but better than nothing.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 19:38
1) Because new players (which are desperately needed) don't powerlevel into the Chaos Caves in a day and deserve more variation than aggie missions or launcher pits. The average REAL newbie probably won't kill a warbot for at least a month, maybe more and unless he sees something cool he'll leave before that. i agree players are desperatly needed :) however as for variation... this is something that plagues alot of MMORPG's. if i log onto DAoC ill be killing mobs, no matter what level i am or what dungeon / area im in ill have the same job in the group. if variation is just models then NC has it (mid level - launchers / buthees / hurlers / all the things in the swamp sectors / the fire spider thingies. slightly lower would include the aggies / capt aggies / the spiders in the pp sewers, etc. slightly higher includes more swamp mobs / raptors / terror maulers / etc) but creating a fun and varied leveling experiance is something rarely done well. im not saying KK shouldnt try, im not saying mid level dungeons shouldnt be added. im just saying more things for a high level person to do is good.

2) Becuase caves = special drops = more reward, more interest, more fun i fail to see the more interest / fun factor, but agreed on the items. however the special items (flame avolaunche / judgement day launcher) are barely worth getting. maybe this in itself is a problem that should be looked at? either way i agree that duingeons have the advantages of special drops (but the disadvantage of less tech part drops. caving you will maybe get a tech or 2 from the boss, hunting will get you more, its a trade off)

3) Because cave spawn rules are a lot more reliable than WBs for classes that consider WBs (and similar) mid-level again this is true. however unless you want a cave a midlevel can solo (if thats what they want to do they can run through aggie sewers repeatedly), it will be in a team. and a good dungeon team will (whether we like it or not, im in agreement with you on the whole PPU importance thing) have a PPU. the same team will most likely do equally well out in the open. and from what i hear WB's are spawning alot quicker than in NC1 so there shouldnt be a lack of targets.

4) Mid level caves wouldn't include the chance of a WBT/Grim/J5/Y/Horror/etc appearing and killing those who do consider WBs and similar mid-level are Y's still ingame? they werent in the beta. anyway... tbh the risk of being attacked is something i approve of. if you learn how to play all nice and fair in this game you will be sorely disappointed at the end game. learn to be weary, learn to escape if the situation calls for it, learn how to deal with multiple targets (deciding what to attack, conentrating fire on the chosen target, etc)

5) Because caves have an end - sounds silly but you can say you have "done it" - why does everyone ignore the levelling experience and the rewards that drive it then wonder why new players leave?i know as a mid level char i would feel better collecting rareparts from WB's knowing i will be able to make my very first rare weapon, than just killing a load of mobs for junk. maybe thats just differenmt opinions, and as i said im not against mid level caves being added, but even if they are people will still hunt outside them (whether they have "done" the caves or not)

6) Because low/mid-level teams are a PITA in high-level caves
ok time for me to be a noob and ask what PITA means :p

jernau
13-10-04, 19:53
@Jester - we're hijacking this now so I'll make this my last comment (or we can move it to PMs if you want) :

I think you (and KK) are only thinking of high-levels.

eg - "im just saying more things for a high level person to do is good" - but although there are already many very similar high-level dungeons you want more before even one exists for mid-levels.
eg2 - "however the special items (flame avolaunche / judgement day launcher) are barely worth getting" - sometime just acquisition is the achievement. When they are new and you had to fight hard for them they have a different kind of value.

wrt PPUs - You must know the agony of levelling one. Having a more concentrated source of XP (a cave) that mid-level PPUs can use is good for them too. PPUs more than anyone need this. My comments about PPU dependence are more that KK expect all high-level players to have one with them.

PITA = Pain In The Arse.

MrChumble
13-10-04, 19:53
ok time for me to be a noob and ask what PITA means :p
Poke In The Ar...um no that's not it. No idea either :D

naimex
13-10-04, 20:03
when will :

Wargames
and that veronique or whatever its called in doy be opened ?

was still boards blocking it last i went to check..

oh and is there an NF in doy ?

I thought that wargames would be a bar and nf at same time..

but I havent been able to con or defirm it yet, since its boarded up..

MaGn0lia
13-10-04, 20:28
I'd like to see some midlvl dungeons too, actually I don't care if they are low/mid/high because the game needs planty more of them dungeons with creepy crawlies. And it would be good for newbs and little higher lvls to solo in the lower lvl dungeons, I do some storage 8's and TH cores just to feel good about my progress. And high lvls could solo these mid lvls if they don't have a ppu to strap on, ppus are pissed right about now how they are being abused. And the fact that KK shortened the lifespan of s/d made ppus lose psi faster than apus.

I know the s/d thing was to nerf PEs from being the über solo class but it hurt the ppus aswell.

Much much more dungeon (no not more of the same, invent variation, like I don't know, a dungeon with 50/50 60/60 70/70 crabs I have allways loved some crabsie crabbies, and maybe umm..maybe some places with very high lvl rats maybe um.. some super rats or something, I don't know, what judge dredd that is where you get your ideas anyway) just drop dungeons here and there.

Shinto
13-10-04, 21:16
didnt know if to post this in bug thread or not as might of just been bit of bad luck, however has anyone suffered real bad performance issue at the entrance of NC.

was standing at the gates looking out accross then zone when i suddenly went to 0-2 fps and has the biggest bout of lag ive ever been hit with :(

anyone else had issue like this with the front gates

id only been on for about 15-20mins, normally i can play for hours without needing to relog

13-10-04, 21:38
DRE Mission 2 still bugged (i.e. dont get given it) dont know if this was intended to be fixed in this patch or not though....

Bronx
13-10-04, 21:56
WoC mobs not are still not dropping the needed ceres disk for WoC.

-Bronx

Vryce
13-10-04, 23:32
"Added Psi vendor to MB".....nice !!!

btw, any chance of adding a lube/gel dealer to TH?

Tratos
13-10-04, 23:37
Not related to this patch but the last...but was the Tank Camo PA skin also redone with the new resolution? as it seems theres no change to it.

LiL T
13-10-04, 23:43
Why the fuck did the terminator ROF get nerfed ? :wtf:

How about you nerf the real unbalanced shit such as PARRA

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 23:49
Because it was broke.

N

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 00:00
WoC mobs not are still not dropping the needed ceres disk for WoC.

-Bronx

or maybe its really low drop rate as intended?

give it a day or so. certain people will post here if they get it to show they > everyone else :p

Arikan
14-10-04, 02:03
very cool :D

Dirus
14-10-04, 02:13

How about you nerf the real unbalanced shit such as PARRA

No rare has a higher RoF then the lesser versions. And if I recall correctly, it had a higher RoF then an Assault Rifle.

Ozambabbaz
14-10-04, 02:19
No rare has a higher RoF then the lesser versions. And if I recall correctly, it had a higher RoF then an Assault Rifle.

í had it at 341 RoF pre-nerf, now it's regular 227, just like the others, yes.

neglecting the fact that the phosphor mod for is buggered and does less damage than a capped tl31 nailgun, also pre-nerf, the terminator would now be even less usefull.

it could be used against anything else than a PPU monk and was not overpowered.

no 3-5 shot kills

no lag-kill effect like buggy HL or nerfed Dev

and the short range certainly didnt balance it well against, oh for example insta aiming never missing holy lightning.

Sigma
14-10-04, 02:28

I thought the Termi got changed so that it fires 6 Rounds instead of 4, like the Non-Rare ones.

So if I look at it from that PoV, 3 rounds = 170/min (Rav/PE, etc.); 4 rounds = 227/min (NonRare Shotguns/CS/FL/Disrupter) and Termi with 6 rounds = 3xx/min (can't remember the exact amount).

So in my eyes it looks like a TermiNerf, although if I look at it closer then the Liberator, Slasher and every Gat should be 227/min instead of 370/min, too, because they fire 4 rounds like CS/FL/etc.

.Cyl0n
14-10-04, 03:51
PLEASE get the casting animation problem sorted.

it took me 20 secs to get one shelter off today because of that shit... and i died 1 time because of it... some teammates too

I found it to be better in 1st person but im used to 3rd :(
Reezing is fubared too as it takes longer to get aimlock on the bodies than to finish the cast itself...

Atm my PPU is nearly unplayable due to these problems :mad:

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 03:56
RoF is virtually irrelevant, dmg over time is.
Dunno if Termi dmg was adjusted to the lower rof (termi dmg is borked anyway).

BlackDove
14-10-04, 04:58
Wow, I'm still FRE'ing like no tommorow, but at least it's good to know that the Terminator has been fixed, because really, what ever would we do?

Meh, at least the Crahn epic worked, so I was able to finish it...

Birkoff
14-10-04, 05:58
sex.... if the next/ts epic work now

Nice to see you forgot droners again

Odin
14-10-04, 06:47
Nice to see you forgot droners again

Droners were not forgotten. Codi/Iorghe and Lupus all spent time on the issue the past few days. It's just not one bug involved nor a simple fix unfortunately.

Spoon
14-10-04, 06:59
Having to Research anything over TL 90 or TL 100 for a "Very Hard" Research mission is just plain ridiculous and a waste of time and money.........

Is there going to be anything that's unnerfed, instead of nerfed, in this game?

Sorin
14-10-04, 08:00
Patch Fact:

- Dragon Drugs no longer cloneable or researchable.

Yeah yeah, I know, it was probably a bug that they could be, but eh. :(

Candaman
14-10-04, 08:58
PLEASE get the casting animation problem sorted.

it took me 20 secs to get one shelter off today because of that shit... and i died 1 time because of it... some teammates too

I found it to be better in 1st person but im used to 3rd :(
Reezing is fubared too as it takes longer to get aimlock on the bodies than to finish the cast itself...

Atm my PPU is nearly unplayable due to these problems :mad:

i'm not pvping with my ppu untill its fixed

MrChumble
14-10-04, 09:15
i'm not pvping with my ppu untill its fixed
That should be a relief to your clan :lol:

I have to say I'm not experiencing these problems at all. Maybe there's a system issue involved, cos if cylon is having that much trouble casting and I'm having none at all it wouldn't seem to be universal. I'll post dxdiag if anyone at KK thinks it might be useful.

Birkoff
14-10-04, 09:25
Droners were not forgotten. Codi/Iorghe and Lupus all spent time on the issue the past few days. It's just not one bug involved nor a simple fix unfortunately.

heh.. sorry its just extemely annoying.

And i hope they get the DAOC casting animatoins sorted soon as well.

Maybe a option to turn the damn things off.

Darkana
14-10-04, 12:20
Will there be missions for PPUs? Personally I don't want to bug tradeskillers over and over to do the mission for me (more or less) or waste the time of a "damage dealer" doing the kills for me. (GR-symp-leveling is out of question with a LE in.)

Secondly I wonder why tradeskiller missions are set to such a high TL, no normal item you encountered as a researcher and/or constructor ever had such a high TL. Dunno about recyclers. This smells like "you have to be pure to reach high sympathies". Why do there even exists implants adding to multiple tradeskills?

A point for the "later"-part of the TODO-list: Now we got a ton of emote-moves, but triggering them based on the stuff you say is more often than not "mismatching", besides many animations last way too long for normal conversations. I would like to be able to switch this chat-emote-trigger on/off, because you always have the possibility to use the dedicated /e[mote]-command to get your toon into emote-action.

Bugs Gunny
14-10-04, 13:01
Ok.

Besides the fact that not a lot of bugs were fixed, among one my three next chars still stuck on the final epic mission.

I believe that the changes to the FSM parts are a giant leap in the right direction. The amrad parts were taken out and all FSM now sell the MNPU parts.
At least now we see people driving around in rhino's, we even had a DOY bomber flying around MB last night.

Superbron
14-10-04, 14:08
- The Fallen Angels Supply Manager finally found the Hoverbomber keys he was supposed to sell.

:lol:

I knew it: there had to be a DoY-faction as a counterpart of CityAdmin! :rolleyes: :D

Carinth
14-10-04, 18:25
I havn't had much problem casting either, maybe it really is the difference between first/third person. I've always used first person and have my timings in synch with the hand animations, which havn't changed. I'm glad I don't hafta see my character do all the silly magic hand motions.

thebee
14-10-04, 20:34
Quick and easy formula for "zero balancing" weapons.

RoF * Damage * Life of Weapon

If all weapons equal near the same number the guns are balanced.

I like this formula better

RoF * Damage ... cause the life of the gun only really needs to be factored in when calculating the balance of economy against the cost of repairing the gun and seeing that repairing in neocron is virtually free, the 'Life of Weapon' factor isnt really an issue.

Thought maybe i would give KK alittle heads up on how to balance thier weapons. Anyone with capped weapons or nearly capped weapons want to private message me the RoF and Damage and I will make a list of the results to see how unbalanced they are?

[Edit]
P.S. Player stats and TL of a weapon are a big issue here. We cant pit a Termi against Slipstream. We have to zero balance weapons that are +/-5 TL of each other.

whifix
14-10-04, 22:15
Research and construct missions are incorrect information in the details pane. TL140 construct missions say TL10 recycle missions and misc. occurances of incorrect TL information appearing in the pane occurs alot. For example a TL140 research mission will say TL130 in the details pane.

Dirus
14-10-04, 22:16
Research and construct missions are incorrect information in the details pane. TL140 construct missions say TL10 recycle missions and misc. occurances of incorrect TL information appearing in the pane occurs alot. For example a TL140 research mission will say TL130 in the details pane.

Already fixed for next patch

Tratos
14-10-04, 22:48
/me slaps KK

Hire Lupus :P
infact hire Farril aswell.....infact hire all the QA guys since youve been employing people of late, lol

Sounds good Lupus....any ETA on said patch?

.Cyl0n
14-10-04, 23:02
/me slaps KK

infact hire Farril aswell.....infact hire all the QA guys since youve been employing people of late, lol

yes they should really hire more people and hire some GMs too and.... damn just hire more people O_o

Dirus
14-10-04, 23:16
/me slaps KK

No ETA on patch.

Tratos
14-10-04, 23:49
No ETA on patch.
kk thank you for the reply anywhom

flawl3ss
18-10-04, 14:58
50% of the times u zone with a hoverbomber, carrying passengers or not, U get stuck in the black synch screen, this needs a fast fix.

Nidhogg
18-10-04, 14:59
Please don't post to old patch threads. Closed.

N