PDA

View Full Version : spy sniper or PE sniper

nobby
13-10-04, 14:08
any good setups for these, i wanna make a sniper to help my faction that hack and stealth. i dont want to be able to drug though, any help?

NaKoth
13-10-04, 14:20
Hi,
as a PE you cannot stealth (its for spies only)
Spies also get 20 more DEX than PEs

You can use Silent Hunter (rare sniper rifle) with a PE (and prolly need some drugs too), but not far as efficiently as with spy.

Want to be a sniper, take the path of a spy.

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 14:32
Argh. Some days i wish i never lomed my Silent hunter spy and ended up with a hacknet spy.

Shinto
13-10-04, 16:09
most spies drug up(most not all) for either inq armour or for shelter or both.

as for setup, youll proberbly want over 175 rifle and weapon lore.

resists ill leave to your self.

personally i sacrificed natural run speed which i then suplimented with drugs.

dont bother with any side trimmings like vehicle or anything like that, youll want to keep it pure

a PE as a sniper would generally suck imo, for no other reason that that i say so :p

nobby
15-10-04, 14:10
ok i understand, thanks.
im hoping to make him as a Cm so i can play with the DOY'ers and NC'ers in plaza 1.....hehe :p

just a thought that could be fun!

ok, so if im just making him for sniping, should i rid resists for health and speed?

Xylaz
15-10-04, 15:41
ok i understand, thanks.
im hoping to make him as a Cm so i can play with the DOY'ers and NC'ers in plaza 1.....hehe :p

just a thought that could be fun!

ok, so if im just making him for sniping, should i rid resists for health and speed?

on the contrary, as a pure sniper you can get rid of health in favour of better resists/speed

though its only one of many ways how to do it.

You can get rid of resists completely in favour of health

or you can try to do both, but its impossible without drugs

nobby
16-10-04, 02:35
shit.....i hate drugs!
ok well, i'd like to be...fast....cap rifle....cap range....maybe drive a little?
+ be a haxor!

Sigma
16-10-04, 08:02
shit.....i hate drugs!
ok well, i'd like to be...fast....cap rifle....cap range....maybe drive a little?
+ be a haxor!

You can do all that, w/o drugs, just activate your stealth as soon as someone appears in your Local.

nobby
16-10-04, 12:02
what con setup would u suggest?

paolo escobar
16-10-04, 12:19
Nobby, try working something out for yourself! You have been given some useful tips and advice here already, now use it!
Its time for some hard work on your behalf and some trial and error. Thats how pretty much everyone else did it.

nobby
16-10-04, 19:55
but tanks and PE's are fine, spies are a pain in the arse to sort a con setup for them

Xeno LARD
18-10-04, 23:11
but tanks and PE's are fine, spies are a pain in the arse to sort a con setup for them

And you're just a general pain in the arse.

jini
19-10-04, 12:33
I can help you find a con setup nobby. just take it thru pm, and ask me

greendonkeyuk
21-10-04, 00:16
heres a tip, ppr is the win.

[PiN]Fluffy
21-12-04, 06:07
You can do all that, w/o drugs, just activate your stealth as soon as someone appears in your Local.

AMEN to that

[PiN]Fluffy
21-12-04, 06:40
BTw drugs are teh Suxor

tiikeri
21-12-04, 09:28
I like my PE who can use HL and SH.. not capping em, but they still rock!
Don't need any drugs, but that gimps my resists, but i don't care it's hellafun.. (and pureRoXXor to hunt techs)

Xeron Brigs
11-01-05, 23:07
The whole point of an Assasian class is to make someone who uses rifles. PE's can never be as good with rifles so the natural choice for a sniper has to be a spy. Spys not only excell at rifle combat, they can also use a stealth tool to escape if things get too dicey. For a sniper, focus primarly on Rifle Combat and High-Tech Combat, as well as add some skills that you like to use (If you want to drive vehicles, by all means go for it!)

hammer2kx
15-01-05, 11:50
The whole point of an Assasian class is to make someone who uses rifles. PE's can never be as good with rifles so the natural choice for a sniper has to be a spy. Spys not only excell at rifle combat, they can also use a stealth tool to escape if things get too dicey. For a sniper, focus primarly on Rifle Combat and High-Tech Combat, as well as add some skills that you like to use (If you want to drive vehicles, by all means go for it!)

Sniper pe with hover is 1000 times better than an sniper spy!
capped hl and capped sh, far better resis - no need to hide after every hit. Since Wep counts to freq the spy has lost his advantages in rifle use...

Serpent
15-01-05, 15:47
pe far better resis
:wtf:

paolo escobar
15-01-05, 16:26
:wtf:

Actually, if ur drugging ur spy then tbh spy's can have near pe resists anyway. And as ur going to be drugging on a pe if u want to use SH anyway it wont matter too much.
Also as a sniper the idea is to remain undetected (thus the stealth), to make it as difficult as possible for ur targets to find/attack/kill you.

Zheo
15-01-05, 17:16
a PE as a sniper would generally suck imo, for no other reason that that i say so :p

My pe sniper kicks arse, lol i love op fights, i sit there and snipe to my hearts contect, so i cant stealth and run like a pussy but i can whoop out a healing light and get into close combat fighting! most of the time I die is when im doing it by myself and all of the ppl taking the op come after me at once, i get para'd damaged buffed then killed.

And PE's can use silent hunter and CAP damage without drugs, it's just a matter of set up... muahah my secrets die with me!

Serpent
15-01-05, 19:28
Actually, if ur drugging ur spy then tbh spy's can have near pe resists anyway. And as ur going to be drugging on a pe if u want to use SH anyway it wont matter too much.
Also as a sniper the idea is to remain undetected (thus the stealth), to make it as difficult as possible for ur targets to find/attack/kill you.

spy resis > pe resis .

Dribble Joy
15-01-05, 19:37
Overall, the Spy is the better sniper.
They can get far better stats on thier weapons and can stealth.

While resists are important, a good sniper never gets caught, even without stealth.

hammer2kx
15-01-05, 22:10
Overall, the Spy is the better sniper.
They can get far better stats on thier weapons and can stealth.

While resists are important, a good sniper never gets caught, even without stealth.

Pe can capp sh and hl.
A hover is 1000 times better than stealth - you get away if a area is getting to hot and you can change your possition in seconds, plus you can go on hills where noone can walk upto.

spy resis > pe resis .

yaya heard it so often but never realy met one of these uba-resis spys. even if the spy spots me first and starts shooting, he normaly cant kill me.

So the pe uses the weapons as good as the spy, he wears inqui 3, has far mor resis to skill, capped force, a better shelter and deflector and a heat or haz resist boost 1.
the heavy belt and the spy pa cant protect like skilled resis.

this is my experiance and no theoretic crap. btw i have a spy and a pe.

Xeron Brigs
16-01-05, 06:25
Sniper pe with hover is 1000 times better than an sniper spy!
capped hl and capped sh, far better resis - no need to hide after every hit. Since Wep counts to freq the spy has lost his advantages in rifle use...

Well, assuming that you are actually playing a sniper the correct way, you could snipe people without being seen. Standing 2 ft directly in front of a Tank is sure to get you killed. If you actually think that that is sniping, than you need to be tested to make sure your IQ level is over 50. Secondly, Sniper PE with hover (Either hovertec or a Glider) actually has nothing to do with sniping at all. Finally, the main reason that you want to be a spy sniper is that first, you have better dex and int, meaning you can aim and shoot faster than a PE (and run away quickly if things get too rough). Also, due to the stealth tool being only avaliable for spys, you can get the hell out of the area in case they discover your sniping location, and then relocate somewhere else. If you are being shot as soon as you fire a bullet at someone, you are not choosing a good hideing place. And if you do not want your location to be discovered, use a sniper rifle, not an energy rifle as it paints a perfect trail back to your hideout.

hammer2kx
16-01-05, 10:57
Well, assuming that you are actually playing a sniper the correct way, you could snipe people without being seen. Standing 2 ft directly in front of a Tank is sure to get you killed. If you actually think that that is sniping, than you need to be tested to make sure your IQ level is over 50.

correct? correct is what is effective! your spy of course dies even if the tank only takes a look at him... that the pe can go on close combat, means not automaticly that he is bader in distance. I dont say my i iq level because you probably cant count so high.

Secondly, Sniper PE with hover (Either hovertec or a Glider) actually has nothing to do with sniping at all. Finally, the main reason that you want to be a spy sniper is that first, you have better dex and int, meaning you can aim and shoot faster than a PE (and run away quickly if things get too rough).

did you do that iq test allready? her some facts that you didnt understand yet:
1. pe can capp SH and HL just like Spy, so you have no advantage of the dex and int. you cant aim and shhot faster - that is past
2. pe needs less skill to capp weapons - was so in the past, is so now, and will be so in the future.
3. maybe you can run faster, but 3 of my drugs give me massive agl and atl, so im fast enought.

Also, due to the stealth tool being only avaliable for spys, you can get the hell out of the area in case they discover your sniping location, and then relocate somewhere else. If you are being shot as soon as you fire a bullet at someone, you are not choosing a good hideing place. And if you do not want your location to be discovered, use a sniper rifle, not an energy rifle as it paints a perfect trail back to your hideout.

stealth is unneccessary for sniping. if you want to enter the enemy city its usefull, but in the wasts a hover is far better. remeber: i have both, so dont tell me i dont know what im talking about.

and some otherthings you didnt figure out on your owne yet:
the healing lights laser beam is invisible on big distances.
the silent hunter is to slow and only usefull to give the first shot on the target. show me that idiot, that dies by a sniper that only uses sh. and if it works its probably a stupid alone walking apu that would die by the hl much faster.

Xeron Brigs
16-01-05, 20:06
Look, this is a pointless arguement. You can keep your Sniper PE. All I am saying is that I like a Spy Sniper better. I have taken out a whole rhino crew with my sniper spy as well as pked a level 53 TG PE when I was level 34, but the only reason I did this is because when someone is shooting at your parked vehicle that cost you about 100k+ to make, you have nothing to lose.
If you like a sniper PE better, than use a sniper PE. Also, about hover: Spys can use hover just as well as PEs.

eprodigy
17-01-05, 10:51
he's only saying that when you say a spy is better with the HL your incorrect it wasnt an issue of what you preferred (only one of facts).. a spy with a capped HL would do the same damage as a PE with that HL capped ..

in this case the difference is stealth or resists.

but my spy is a sniper but also uses a str inq1 setup for decent resists and can pop a nightspider and shelter and then owns all :)

Bugs Gunny
17-01-05, 11:45
The spy would be the better one as he can use stealth.

A pe is a tough mofo to kill but he needs to drug like hell to have the tc and rc and RUN somewhere.

Xeron Brigs
17-01-05, 18:07
The spy would be the better one as he can use stealth.

A pe is a tough mofo to kill but he needs to drug like hell to have the tc and rc and RUN somewhere.

Yes, that is true. A spy and a PE may be able to do the same ammount of damage, but how many PEs have you seen in a Neocron raid lately? All you really see are Tanks, Spys and Psi Monks. Most often Spys, I nearly got killed by two of them yesterday. Here is some advice, if you see a blue flame hide behind a pillar ;)

Serpent
17-01-05, 20:14
A pe is a tough mofo to kill but he needs to drug like hell

a spy not ?

:D

hammer2kx
18-01-05, 00:11
Yes, that is true. A spy and a PE may be able to do the same ammount of damage, but how many PEs have you seen in a Neocron raid lately? All you really see are Tanks, Spys and Psi Monks. Most often Spys, I nearly got killed by two of them yesterday. Here is some advice, if you see a blue flame hide behind a pillar ;)

well what was that about sniping? raiding nc has seriously nothing to do with sniping. but in this case you are defently right, raiding nc with a pe - next to impossible. the guards freez is just to strong.

how ever i just had alot of fun at drt and crp with my sniper pe. even if he is expansive bastard it is just fun. i would never say playing a spy is less fun! i just get pissed if someone says pe sukks! he does not! o_O

Xeron Brigs
18-01-05, 00:47
I never said that PEs sucked. PEs can do more things than spys can even dream of. However, spys have an advantage in dexterity (You cannot even try to argue about that, as spys dex caps at 100) that PEs do not have. Nevertheless, that does not make spys superior to PEs. Really it all depends on the player's fighting style and setup, because lets face it, if a PE has a crappy setup and he is battaling a spy with a really good setup, he will probably lose and vica versa.

eprodigy
18-01-05, 09:29
they have an advantage in dexterity, but how does that make a difference when both can cap a hl ? the extra dex doesnt do anything for them except mabye a bit more agl. (redflash for me). i play a spy sniper myself, and the only reason i dont play a sniper pe is because i love to raid and stealth makes it dead easy. forgot stealth and, sniper pe > sniper py.

SorkZmok
18-01-05, 12:51
The only difference is if you want stealth or not. The difference in resists is very small. The Pe can get some more health and decent poison resists, thats all. And if a spy gets attacked with poison, he can always stealth. :)

In the end i would always prefer stealth over that, it just gives you access to more places than a hovertec. And you waste less points in dex, its just 3 more t-c from a healing light to stealth 2. And thats all you ever need.

Bugs Gunny
18-01-05, 13:12
Sniper spies don't need to drug, and i was refering to pe's having to drug for runspeed if they use rifles effectively (if they go hightech)

As for spies vs pe's.... i think HC pe's pretty much whoop spy ass. Except maybe the overly drugged slasher spy with shelter and inq1. And then he'd better have damageblockers in his belt :-)

hammer2kx
18-01-05, 13:59
The only difference is if you want stealth or not. The difference in resists is very small. The Pe can get some more health and decent poison resists, thats all. And if a spy gets attacked with poison, he can always stealth. :)

show me these absolut uba spy con setups...
it always sounds like posing to say something like that, but i think its ok in this discussion: i had a close combat against 2 spys yesterday and they both died. a spy can never compare to a good pe con setup. inqui 1 and shelter are nice for spys, but dont forget that pe has inqui 3 and far more dmg on the shelter.
a tech pe that skills poison has bad resis thats for sure. drugged up and all i have 96 enr skill and 78 enr armor... with hlt 50 i can stand 3 holy lightnings when my heal is on and im driving away on my hover.
a pistolero spy with good aim and move is realy a hard enemy. but we are talking about snipers.

SorkZmok
18-01-05, 19:41
show me these absolut uba spy con setups...
it always sounds like posing to say something like that, but i think its ok in this discussion: i had a close combat against 2 spys yesterday and they both died. a spy can never compare to a good pe con setup. inqui 1 and shelter are nice for spys, but dont forget that pe has inqui 3 and far more dmg on the shelter.
a tech pe that skills poison has bad resis thats for sure. drugged up and all i have 96 enr skill and 78 enr armor... with hlt 50 i can stand 3 holy lightnings when my heal is on and im driving away on my hover.
a pistolero spy with good aim and move is realy a hard enemy. but we are talking about snipers.http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6800
Not the best you can make up, but its definately not bad.
Another great thing playing a sniper spy is, you dont have to drug. Just stealth around and snipe. But if you feel like it, pop 2 or 3 drugs anre you got quite good chances in close combat aswell.

hammer2kx
19-01-05, 01:55
yeah ... foreign shelter and deflector :p

sure there are good spy setups, but you always have to compare it to other classes. this pistol spy might rock with good playerskill, because hes fast and hard to aim. but with rifle hes slower and gets more hits...

Church
19-01-05, 13:09
but in this case you are defently right, raiding nc with a pe - next to impossible. the guards freez is just to strong.

thats defenetly not right. if you know the right spots its quit fun and you can reach so many places in NC, its unbelievable. the copbot freez is really anoying, but with enough antistun its not a problem at all. just stay out of her sight.

yeah ok. it's right that you can't raid nc with a rush through all sectors. but remember, we're pes with the profession assasine. so hide in the shadow and if you see the enemy, punch 'em hard in the face and run away. :D

N3v3rM0r3
19-01-05, 15:29
spy indeed :)

N3v3rM0r3

Xylaz
19-01-05, 20:31

In the end i would always prefer stealth over that, it just gives you access to more places than a hovertec. And you waste less points in dex, its just 3 more t-c from a healing light to stealth 2. And thats all you ever need.

I disagree, the overal defence difference is pretty big - PE has much better resists without drugs and much better % on the shelter (which is BIG advantage), have access to blessed def, better mobility (without drugs) and big mana pool which means they can heal and rebuffing over and over again. Oh and a better HP pool too.

Indeed, spy can compensate that with drugs. But drugs arent easy to work with, sooner or later they will immobilize you in the middle of a combat and you'll either die due to that or will be forced to stealth and relog (either way, you will loose the fight).
Its just annoying that most people assume that spies have easy way with drugs - its not easy, that one is for sure. It allows us to compensate our lack or resists, but gives quite alot of disadvantages. We can get used to it, surely. And we have stealth in case of danger.

But Pes are stronger, simply as it is, they have better overall protection due to armors & resists & buffs (esp the last one). Due to that PEs are much harder to fight effectively, they need lots of experience and practise.

My point is - spies are and always will be the weakest class in defence comparission with others. PEs have the second best defense in game, its just hard job to play it effectively.

hammer2kx
19-01-05, 20:59
thats defenetly not right. if you know the right spots its quit fun and you can reach so many places in NC, its unbelievable. the copbot freez is really anoying, but with enough antistun its not a problem at all. just stay out of her sight.

maybe i`ll try it again, but last time i did, it was just embarrassing for me :D

100% agree with Xylaz`s post. nothing left to say

SorkZmok
20-01-05, 00:21
I disagree, the overal defence difference is pretty big - PE has much better resists without drugs and much better % on the shelter (which is BIG advantage), have access to blessed def, better mobility (without drugs) and big mana pool which means they can heal and rebuffing over and over again. Oh and a better HP pool too.

Indeed, spy can compensate that with drugs. But drugs arent easy to work with, sooner or later they will immobilize you in the middle of a combat and you'll either die due to that or will be forced to stealth and relog (either way, you will loose the fight).
Its just annoying that most people assume that spies have easy way with drugs - its not easy, that one is for sure. It allows us to compensate our lack or resists, but gives quite alot of disadvantages. We can get used to it, surely. And we have stealth in case of danger.

But Pes are stronger, simply as it is, they have better overall protection due to armors & resists & buffs (esp the last one). Due to that PEs are much harder to fight effectively, they need lots of experience and practise.

My point is - spies are and always will be the weakest class in defence comparission with others. PEs have the second best defense in game, its just hard job to play it effectively.
Talking about lowtech PEs not using drugs is a different issue. They can get amazing resists and good runspeed aswell. Thing is though, lowtech weapons wont do that much damage, so its pretty even again.

The shelter, the difference betweeen a spy shelter and a PE shelter isnt as big as most people think.

About drugs, i fight on my spy everyday. I never said it was easy. Its a hassle, yeah, but once you get used to it its not a problem anymore. Just know when to pop new ones and the occasional relogg when you got a spare moment. If its infight, i stealth 1, pop new drugs and instantly keep on fighting. If its my buffs, i just recast the one i really need. And if its my shelther, i better kill that guy quick or i got some serious problems. But even that can be ok once you`re used to its rather low frequency and runcast range. About the psi pool, i got psi boosters. :)

Health, i got 380ish health. Could be more, but its ok. Same thing here, only lowtech PEs can get a lot higher health, hightech PEs cant really do that.

Its just practice and what class youre used to and you like best.

Terayon
20-01-05, 00:47
I once worked out a pe setup that gets much better runspeed, resists, and caps his weapons (190 r-c) then a spy with more drugs. I would post the setup, but i would rather keep it to myself this time ;). I only have slightly lower health then the spy setup. Its just becouse everyone is so obsessed with everyone saying the spy is better, and people wanting stealth, so the pe gets ignored for a sniper.

I hate using stealth, and i hate capping a spy. They are just to boreing after dex 85. I would rather have a pe. That and i can lom him into tons of other stuff if i get bored.

Xylaz
20-01-05, 01:46
Talking about lowtech PEs not using drugs is a different issue. They can get amazing resists and good runspeed aswell. Thing is though, lowtech weapons wont do that much damage, so its pretty even again.

The shelter, the difference betweeen a spy shelter and a PE shelter isnt as big as most people think.

About drugs, i fight on my spy everyday. I never said it was easy. Its a hassle, yeah, but once you get used to it its not a problem anymore. Just know when to pop new ones and the occasional relogg when you got a spare moment. If its infight, i stealth 1, pop new drugs and instantly keep on fighting. If its my buffs, i just recast the one i really need. And if its my shelther, i better kill that guy quick or i got some serious problems. But even that can be ok once you`re used to its rather low frequency and runcast range. About the psi pool, i got psi boosters. :)

Health, i got 380ish health. Could be more, but its ok. Same thing here, only lowtech PEs can get a lot higher health, hightech PEs cant really do that.

Its just practice and what class youre used to and you like best.

Well, i've fought high tech PEs with the resists pretty much comparable to the lowtech ones, so i dont know... But i'm no expert on PEs, so i cannot say for sure.
From my experience difference between shelter is really big - cause i'm capping dmg on tl3 heal and i'm sure all PEs too. Good Pes with heal and shelter on can take 20-25 dmg from HealingLight's burst - show me a spy who can resist that much... (and yeah, i fought slasher PE who took 30 dmg per shoot from my HL). It has to be power of shelter (or much better resists).

And yeah, i too got used to drugs, i've been playing spies from the beggining of my NC journey (with a small breaks to try other classes), and now i have 4 spies from which 3 are constantly on at least 2 drugs. After more than a year of constant drugging i'm getting sick of it. Still, i'm drugging like hell, even if i hate it - because its the only way to survive, and still... i'm also dying thanks to them. So its a problem for me :p
Besides, there is other difference - its quite easy to drug on pistol spy as he can end fight quickly (either by winning or dying), its much more troublesome to drug as a rifle, when u have to spend more time on moving between shots.

hammer2kx
20-01-05, 12:16
Well, i've fought high tech PEs with the resists pretty much comparable to the lowtech ones, so i dont know... But i'm no expert on PEs, so i cannot say for sure.

Well the thing is, that you can hardly use a pp resistor as hightech pe, and since you have to wear the pa4, you cant use the crahn epic glove (Dolinskin is not useable for pe, with its -10 wep).
usually low tech pes skill more hlt and, what high tech pes dont do, poison resi. so the advantage is a bet better overall-resis, and even good poison resis.

yeah i dont have more hlt too. but it pays to skill more resis and less hlt.

uzsjgb
20-01-05, 14:50
Health, i got 380ish health

yeah i dont have more hlt too. but it pays to skill more resis and less hlt.

Are the 380 in "full combat mode", with beast?

hammer2kx
20-01-05, 16:11
Are the 380 in "full combat mode", with beast?

yes, beast takes -10 hlt and the heat boost 1 gives +15 htl. cant take Paratemol forte because it takes 20 vhc...

SorkZmok
20-01-05, 16:24
Are the 380 in "full combat mode", with beast?Yep, without beast its 410 i think. Dunno exactly, i`m drugged up most of my time. :)

And that high resist/low health thing isnt the exact way to go. You gotta find a balance. I`d rather have 380 health and 80% resists than 320 and 81% resists.
Although i wont ever give out my exact resists. :p

hammer2kx
20-01-05, 17:54
And that high resist/low health thing isnt the exact way to go. You gotta find a balance.

in my eyes round about 380-400 is the perfect value of hlt. but i have said allready to much.

Logan_storm_03
20-01-05, 20:53
bah, i guess i got alot of lomming to do, iv made my first almost capped spy and my con is abit screwy, i think hes too slow, his resists are just about OK but hes health sux and i can died in like 2 hits from fire apoc o_O, im toying with the idea of popping my exp ballistict chip 2 + 3 and put in ppr and moveon and keep my SF + SA in. i might post my setup later, im still trying to get to grips with all this setup malarky :p