PDA

View Full Version : Problems with BT database download

jini
13-10-04, 06:57
I have made it to symp 90 and can access the FSM, but when I try to login to databases in HN be it BT or other friendly (pro city that is) I get garbled text and cannot d/l anything. Is this a bug? Is it possible it's related to the epic ?(killing head of TT?) anyone has experienced this?
HCK skill is 100 and TC is also high enuff, @ 95, master BT spy runner

Jake Cutter
13-10-04, 09:48
I have the same issue...I can access my own faction's database (Tangent) with no issues...but other friendly faction databases give me the garbled messages you describe.

There's a piece of this puzzle missing, I think.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Killfly
13-10-04, 10:04
I think that's what the codebreaker is for... Allows you to access faction hs-dbs other than your own. A lot of hacknet is bugged atm anyway...

Yelly
13-10-04, 15:17
Hmm I hda same message until I had those tl 90 cubes in my pocket.
And as far as BT goes I did not see the database there yesterday :/

DigestiveBiscui
13-10-04, 15:18
yea i have a few like that

i dont know if its bugged hacknet or just me

whats this codebreaker thing anyway?

jini
13-10-04, 15:20
guys its bugged. it cant be that you need a ton of shit just to get yr hands on something that was sold in shops before... codebreakers are for enemy factions, and they are supposed to be very difficult to get. it cant be THAT hard!

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 15:25
guys its bugged. it cant be that you need a ton of shit just to get yr hands on something that was sold in shops before... codebreakers are for enemy factions, and they are supposed to be very difficult to get. it cant be THAT hard!

FSM's should be accessable to anyone with 90+ symp in that faction. so if you cant then its a bug (unless KK chaged it again

Yelly
13-10-04, 15:29
And you cannot get bp's from your own faction database if you do not have those tl 90 cubes on you.And at least TT's stuff in HN DB was not sold in any shop

jini
13-10-04, 15:39
I can access the FSM.
When i tried interoggating the database npcs in highest security thing, I had 12 hi tech cubes bought directly from my FSM :)
Still giberish to me... thats why i say something is wrong.
Is it maybe i need symp=91?
i dunno
Edit: TBH the message i get when i try contacting my faction's db is something like: "database is down for maintainance"!!! but I get the known garbled message when i try to contact CA db for instance

jini
13-10-04, 16:41
Ok.
I had another run inside hacknet. I started thru my own faction first.
There are 4 npcs in that place, and all were waiting in the floor. I interrogated the first 3 and got the message mentioned already ... "db down for..." but when I got to the last one i finally was able to download 2 things!
The SS chip bp and the implanter's glove bp. So as far as the "own faction d/l" you need to ask ALL the npcs.
then i tried TT, asked again all four, but all i got was a garbled message.
Maybe now we need the codebreaker, or maybe we need faction sympathies above 50s? can a GM help here?

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 16:43
maybe we need faction sympathies above 50s? can a GM help here?

wha?

you need 90+ symp to access allies FSM's. isnt that what your talking about?

:edit: ah your talking about HN DB's?

well to "legally" downlaod i assume you also need either 50 or 90 symp.

Dim
13-10-04, 16:46
Read first man :). He's talking about Hacknet.. accessing friendly faction db's.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 16:47
Read first man :). He's talking about Hacknet.. accessing friendly faction db's.

read my edit :p

jini
13-10-04, 17:18
ok. I will try raising CA symps to 50+ and have another run. I only hope that its not just because of bugs in HN that I get these messages. Will update again...

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 17:20
ok. I will try raising CA symps to 50+ and have another run. I only hope that its not just because of bugs in HN that I get these messages. Will update again...

as i said. you are rrying to legally aquire them. i imagine symp would be required.

no symp for hacking, legal means should require symp.

:edit:

if symp isnt required to use an allied HN DB why would i get 90 crahn symp when i coul just be TG instead and get crahn stuff in HN

Blacksword
13-10-04, 22:11
my bt has 100 symp with bt, and i tried 90 for protopharm, cant get protopharm fsm stuff. ive always thought that you can only use your factions fsm for fsm stuff if you are 90, and it didnt matter what you had for the others, you arent in thier faction, you cant get the stuff. this is how it is working for me anyway. even though i keep hearing it both ways.

but i can dl from an allied database with 90 symp?

fuck what are the rules anyway? if kks about to sell some box sets of nc2 maybe they can throw up an acrobat version of the manual somewhere for those of us who downloaded.
as much as i would like to read every single thread, every day just to get info that other players find that might be accurate in whole or part or not at all, i just dont have the time.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:24
ive always thought that you can only use your factions fsm for fsm stuff if you are 90, and it didnt matter what you had for the others, you arent in thier faction, you cant get the stuff.

a recent patch changed it from faction only to anyone who meets the sym req.

unless its bugged / KK stealth changed it back.

i remember because i asked lupus in PM, he told me it was faction only, then KK patched and changed it to anyone so lupus came onto the thread and told us of this change.

so yeah, afaik it should be anyone with the symp to use a FSM

Dirus
14-10-04, 02:04
a recent patch changed it from faction only to anyone who meets the sym req.

unless its bugged / KK stealth changed it back.

i remember because i asked lupus in PM, he told me it was faction only, then KK patched and changed it to anyone so lupus came onto the thread and told us of this change.

so yeah, afaik it should be anyone with the symp to use a FSM

FSM's are Faction only. The Construction Licenses were changed to be useable by anyone.

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 02:06
FSM's are Faction only. The Construction Licenses were changed to be useable by anyone.

ah yes... thats what im thiking of :)

my bad :D

jini
14-10-04, 07:58
Ok, this is what i did this morning:
I took my BT runner to CA and PP db to make some downloads. I have 43 and 42 in sympathy respectively. I asked ALL 4 db npcs. All i got was a black window dialogue. I will stop trying unless someone from kk is willing to help us by giving us something like a manual, to see what we can do and what we cant do inside HN. I cant keep trying to reinvent the wheel simply because i can't tell what is bugged and what's not. I still believe that a procity runner must have access to those dbs provided he get his sympathy high enuff. How high remains to kk to tell us. but codebreakers are to be used in hostile environments, not affiliated dbs. It's also a nice idea to enrich those libraries maybe with some hard to find stuff (like lvl2 implants).
All these are personal ideas ofcourse and i dont expect them to be implemented, but its obvious we need some more details as to what you can do inside hacknet, unless it is a place where only v high specialized runners are allowed there, or limited to only move in places fast w/o getting SI.