PDA

View Full Version : Rule definition clarification ?

KRIMINAL99
13-10-04, 05:48
Regarding the latest addition to the prohibited acts list, ie do not climb the high cliffs surrounding Neocron to snipe:

Does this mean climbing any cliffs? Only the ones on the boundaries of the world? Or only the highest part of the boundary cliffs that shouldn't normally be accesable even by vehicle?

Cliff sniping and droning from cliffs is pretty much the only advantage people have when sniping or droning - the fact that they are difficult to reach. Normally it just takes people a little longer to go through everything to get to the person. Now spies at least have stealth but still.

If it just meant the highest cliffs that aren't even supposed to be reachable then ok, but for instance there is a cliff near MB where the lowest rung is reachable from two access points and its a classic place where people go to attack others. And then I would think with the DOY gliders that people would be able to get to the highest point naturally so then why would it be against the rules?

naimex
13-10-04, 06:04
anywhere where normal people cant get without trying qualifies..

but the parts in the rules only imply the areas around the neocron main entrance.

Gotterdammerung
13-10-04, 06:31
but the parts in the rules only imply the areas around the neocron main entrance.

The rule means the surrounding boarder cilffs around the neocron gameplay world not just whats mentioned above. It means places like the cliffs by the mb and such, it doesn't mean some guy in top of a hill in the middle of a zone or in some gully droning or sniping players at crp.

40$Poser
13-10-04, 06:33
'If not by foot, stay put'

errr, or something like that 0_o

only you can prevent cliff walkers?

BlackDove
13-10-04, 06:35
Nobody is going to give a crap about this rule, considering you can't be caught doing it.

If you are, you are _really_ stupid.

However, considering the fact that this is truley lame, I'm going to abstain from even thinking about doing it.

jini
13-10-04, 07:02
You can be caught. Just target the smart guy and take a picture (f12), then send all documentation to abuse@neocron.com

Seven
13-10-04, 07:24
The rule means the surrounding boarder cilffs around the neocron gameplay world not just whats mentioned above. It means places like the cliffs by the mb and such, it doesn't mean some guy in top of a hill in the middle of a zone or in some gully droning or sniping players at crp.

OK the cliffs near the MB bunker have like 3 levels. (don't remember exactly)
The first level you can get on near the base by just walking, the second with a vehicle.

So it's the third level that's an exploit or all 3?

Spermy
13-10-04, 09:39
While we're on the subject is symp bitching legal?

Capt. Rik
13-10-04, 10:11
Going up on the high cliff's surrounding the entire neocron world is infact an exploit, as you cannot go up there by normal ways.
We will take serious action towards players caught up there.

Just in case anyone missed it, this is Carbonite's quote from the Announcements forum.

Xylaz
13-10-04, 11:20
OK the cliffs near the MB bunker have like 3 levels. (don't remember exactly)
The first level you can get on near the base by just walking, the second with a vehicle.

So it's the third level that's an exploit or all 3?

yes, third highest lvl

Radamez
13-10-04, 11:49
I might be to blame for this one :D

With the stealth bug, I was constantly catapulted up onto that high cliff. And in no hurry to jump back down with the fall damage I lamed some people from up there. Wasn't outlined as an exploit back then, people reported me none the less (or at least claimed to) .. guess they took action.

Understandable action, you get a huge unfair advantage from up there as a sniper/droner.

(disclaimer: this was in open beta only :p)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:11
in closed beta at least 1 GM said that getting up there wasnt an exploit.. .attacking people from there was.

since the forums are gone i cant quote it, but i guess they changed the ules again

Capt. Rik
13-10-04, 13:13
in closed beta at least 1 GM said that getting up there wasnt an exploit.. .attacking people from there was.

since the forums are gone i cant quote it, but i guess they changed the ules again

From open beta onwards the rules went back to that of the full shipping product. Hence as there has been no further announcement about it, it's illegal as per Carbonite's quote above.

(I guess :))

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:28
From open beta onwards the rules went back to that of the full shipping product. Hence as there has been no further announcement about it, it's illegal as per Carbonite's quote above.

(I guess :))

im not saying ill do it cos as fas as im concirned its fine... im saying KK have changed it again (or the GM's in beta were misenformed) :p

Capt. Rik
13-10-04, 13:30
im not saying ill do it cos as fas as im concirned its fine... im saying KK have changed it again (or the GM's in beta were misenformed) :p

Not accusing you mate, just pointing out that the rules for closed beta were different from the real game and open beta.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:32
Not accusing you mate, just pointing out that the rules for closed beta were different from the real game and open beta.

fair enough :)

why they would say its not illegal in closed beta but it is in retail completely mystifies me... but hey, its KK right? :p

Seven
13-10-04, 18:58
What's Retail? :D

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:59
What's Retail? :D

Beta [insert number here cos ive lost count]

the same as NC2 is NC[with this but without that]

KK and titles eh? the slightest change and we are on the "next stage"

Blacksword
13-10-04, 22:34
[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:29
[ edited ]

indeed you can but i wouldnt advise getting caught unless you want to be banned.

possible or not its against the rules

KRIMINAL99
14-10-04, 02:26
yes, third highest lvl

Are you sure, thats what I am asking... The original quote makes it seem that way but the new policy doesn't clarify and Gott in this thread didn't specifically say that its ok if you can get there by walking or the first rung is ok...

Unless the first 2 rungs are just considered hills that happened to be near the high cliff and the high cliff is defined to be some square like thing the exact same hieght everywhere encompassing the whole world map.

Blacksword
14-10-04, 20:52
sorry didnt know just being there was an exploit jeez, thought just shooting people from there was.