PDA

View Full Version : VotR Newsflash 3

Ronald Rodriguez
12-10-04, 21:50
Here it is: The Voice of the Resistance Newsflash 3.

You can download it : http://www.votr.de.vu

Gracias to the whole Team for the great work !!!

garyu69
12-10-04, 22:03
excellent. Something decent to read :D

Maester Seymour
12-10-04, 22:07
sweet :D

me goes to read...

Vampire222
12-10-04, 22:09
good job... :D keep the storyline coming!

NS_CHROME54
13-10-04, 01:27
good read :)

sebastien
13-10-04, 03:53
I really enjoy all the backstory / fan-fiction that comes along with this game.

One bit of constructive criticism: at least for the English version, you guys need a proofreader. This edition was cleaner than the previous one, but there's still quite a few typos, grammatical mistakes, etc.

But overall I enjoy the reading. =)

Thomas Gentry
13-10-04, 10:09
I really enjoy all the backstory / fan-fiction that comes along with this game.

One bit of constructive criticism: at least for the English version, you guys need a proofreader. This edition was cleaner than the previous one, but there's still quite a few typos, grammatical mistakes, etc.

But overall I enjoy the reading. =)

Actually, quite a lot of people were engaged in proofreading for this edition. The problem however is, that since the first VotR was published it is mostly written by krauts *coughs* ...Germans and guess who translates the stuff? Correct, even more of them and they are not professional translators which leads to unavoidable mistakes, errors & flaws concerning the English editions. However, in my opinion they all do a great job and I have highest respect for their strong commitment. For this edition (NF#3) we had support of quite some native English-speakers and as you can see, the mispelled words, grammatical errors etc pp. are still there... but I guess the articles are readable and "clean" enough to be enjoyable (at least I hope so). The linguistic flaws in the English version however, are unlikely to disappear as long as 90% of the content needs to be translated and co-corrected. If you feel like writing articles for us, step forward and raise your hand... we always appreciate support!

btw: thank you guys for all the positive comments ...letting us know, the VotR is worth all the time & effort ;)
As we had many small "Newsflashs" in the past and little proper VotR-Editions (and this, current newsflash was ..a....little *coughs* behind), we might cut down on Newsflashs again and focus on what we originally intended: A fully packed & enjoyable VotR each month.

sanityislost
13-10-04, 10:58
Nice one. always love these lol...oh and nema n neocronical....bring em back :P

please?

SiL ..:..

Arbiter
13-10-04, 11:24
We are not yet sure about when the NeMa comes back, but the Neocronicle is already back. We are just waiting for the new place on the homepage - till then you have to live with the Neocronicle as Forum Posts and ingame versions, sorry.

sanityislost
13-10-04, 11:29
thats chilled :D

thanx for the info arb

SiL ..:..

Tratos
13-10-04, 15:47
:eek: Arbiter goes Stormy ;) Congrats, i just hope youve been added as an extra emplyee rather than a replacement to Honeypot*

Very nice VoTR :D

*no offence meant i just mean, i hope what was wrong with Honeypot hasnt forced im to leave his work

Arbiter
13-10-04, 16:05
Thanks! :)
(Btw. Chenoa has a stormbot avatar now as well ;) )

I don't know what is up with Honeypot, saw him only once after his hospital thing and he was not fit right then :(

Tratos
13-10-04, 16:08
Thanks! :)
(Btw. Chenoa has a stormbot avatar now as well ;) )

I don't know what is up with Honeypot, saw him only once after his hospital thing and he was not fit right then :(

oh :( not good but do pass on the congratulations to Chenoa:)
also just noticed carbs storm ava is back :)

sorry for offtopic Mr Nid

Superbron
14-10-04, 16:09
Nice, very nice indeed!

There is just one thing I don't understand: DoY-guards and DoY-scouts still guarding the dome and being allied to TG/FA/TS/BD. Those were the factions that attacked the dome.

Have the scouts been reprogrammed by FA-scientists? Did the DoY-guards join the DoY-alliance when they moved into the dome?

Seems to me former DoY-inhabitants will not ally with TG/FA/TS/BD, because they were attacked by them. (CS is another issue: I understand they did not participate in the attack at the Dome).

Renaming the DoY-guards and reskinning the DoY-guards to TG-soldiers could solve this.

Just an idea: Former DoY-inhabitants could form a faction of there own: "Dome Underground". This faction could have its own HQ at the DoY outpost (Underground) where General Babel still resides? The Underground should also have a secret DoY tunnel into the City Centre of DoY. The goal of this faction would be to reoccupy DoY and defeat TG/FA/TS/BD and destroy Neocron.

Greetz,

(eXo) Opaleye
14-10-04, 22:05
Great job - typos and all !!

As above I am surprised that there aren't more of the original inhabitants of the dome showing up to help in the cleanup and establish their own presence / sector in the newly inhabited dome.

If they disappear completely - so be it - "resistance is futile".

Take that anyway that seems to fit - ponder what I really meant by it while you try to sleep.