PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bug Thread (talk about bugs here)

Endar
12-10-04, 19:57
Ok, so Im creating this thread simply because there are people who want to talk about bugs, and people like me who are sick of seeing forums being filled with em.

Please use this thread to post new bugs (use the "Test Server" forum if you are playing on it), talk about em, and whine about em.

So:

- Keep the bug threads here please :angel:
- Remember to read the forum rules :p
- Remember the good posting manners :D
- And coul some forum moderator please make this sticky so everyone can see this :angel:

Enjoy the forums and let the rest of us enjoy it too!

Endar :angel:

Endar
12-10-04, 20:28
Just a little friendly "why do you keep falling doooown?!?" post to get moderators attention :D

FatDogg
12-10-04, 20:40
Just a little friendly "why do you keep falling doooown?!?" post to get moderators attention :D

I think theres a bug on the forums, people are double posting.

fix the gr at escador
take out the turret outside TH
when you leave TH make it so I dont teleport a thousand meters out
I think if you kill an NPC from your own faction you get no pluses and all minuses for FS and I thought symps where supposed to remain constant, not sure about that one though (accident during BT epic, killed wrong dude in syphers)

I know theres more cant think of it for now

hudsonbeck
12-10-04, 21:05
Fix Gliders so they are either more durable or cant spawn on a tree and blow up :mad:
Fix enabling gr so the clan leader can enable it as primary apt
Fix bug that when you sync out in glider, you dont log back to a blown up glider and a dead body on ground

Will add more later...

Hudson

giga191
12-10-04, 21:09
Juri in I09 doesn't charge you for the things he sells if you don't have the money to buy them and also some of the items that you pay for aren't the ones that you get (damaged frame thingy and internal motor thingy)

kurai
12-10-04, 21:10
Memory leak & hard lockup.

Yes, it's been mentioned a *lot*.

It still bears yet more repetition since it's a complete showstopper bug.
Not only does it make the game unplayable, but it *damages your system*

That is simply unacceptable.

Nidhogg
12-10-04, 21:10
Much as I'm drawn to the idea of a single thread for discussing bugs, I fear that it won't work for a number of reasons:

1) We still have a bug tracker (although it's slightly hidden below the test server forum)
2) We would rather people reported bugs using the in-game bug reporting system
3) Certain people's egos would prevent them from tagging on here when they can create a thread all of their very own. ;) (no names)
4) If and when the patch arrives tomorrow (or soon thereafter) we will request that bug reports be restricted to the patch thread.

Otherwise, go for it.

N

Ascension
12-10-04, 21:12
Memory leak & hard lockup.

Yes, it's been mentioned a *lot*.

It still bears yet more repetition since it's a complete showstopper bug.
Not only does it make the game unplayable, but it *damages your system*

That is simply unacceptable.

I concur:(

any other bug i can live with.. but when it leaves me dwindling at my desktop then theres something wrong :(

Killfly
12-10-04, 21:25
My 'Bug of the Day' is tiny, but irritating...

I just bought an appy at TH and can't activate the GR as I'm 'hostile to the local faction'... I think GR's in apartments should ALWAYS be activate-able (word?)... As it is now, I have to GR to main TH GR's and from their run to my appy... No biggy, I know, but irritating...

FA aren't even there any more...

MrChumble
12-10-04, 21:44
MUSBNT FLAME NIDHOGG!!!!

ghis is the overriding priiorty!

Man I seem to be quite drink ehehhe.

Hmm what was thsi trhead about I forget. Delelte this post its probabluy bollocls hehee.

I hate bugsa. I hate drone bugs and spell bugs and gfx bugts and pother bugs and roaches I fskcing HATE ROACHES where is cannings so I can falme hime.

Nidhogg
12-10-04, 21:54
I'll allow you one drunken spam post. Go and lie down.

N

-FN-
12-10-04, 21:54
Pet Peeve Bugs:

- The Memory Leak - Having to hit the reset button because my FREE MEM hits 0MB / 2015MB sucks.
- Monk PA Anatomy - Many mobs and my player are simply not rendered right. When I throw my APU PA on, both of my arms come out of the right socket :( Many spiders no longer have the UBER cool clear absomen they used to. Most Dogs are all F-d up. This is using the DX9 driver on a GeForce3 Ti500. I also saw the "Lip Bug" again the other day on some Elvis-looking spy.
- 0 Soullight / 0 Cash - Oldie but a goodie! Many times when I'm synched out or crash, and even when I'm logging in for the first time now and then, I log in to infinite synchronizing with 0 Soullight and 0 Cash. If I'm not synched in the first 5-10 seconds, glancing down at those two numbers in the lower right will tell me whether I'm wasting my time or not.
- The Black Hole Full of Drones - Somewhere in-game, there's a giant pile of drones. The launching of a drone into a black void and watching the bar on the left plummet to the bottom with no hope of retreiving it, makes the class unplayable at the moment.
- Invisible Players - No, I'm not talking about stealth. A number of times, clan members will be on vent, we'll meet up for poking and they will insist they're crouching next to me... but I can't see them. If we zone out and back, it's fixed. Also while leveling in the sewers, I'll be on a team and watch a the HP of a mob in front of me slowly go down and the mob will eventually die. Nobody will be on my local, I see nobody, but the mob dies and I get exp from my teammate. Just like before, the person IS there, but they are not showing up in any way on my screen. This is potentially one of the scariest bugs so far.
- SL Update Bug - Yesterday a fellow BioTech runner was able to kill 7-8 other BioTech runners in Plaza 1, Industrial A, and Pepper Park 3, and never hit red SL. After talking with a GM, I was told that sometimes there is a lag in Soullight update and/or sometimes it requires a player to zone before their -SL is updated. So potentially a runner can stand in Plaza1 and kill everyone and be fine until they GR to their apartment. I was also told the runner eventually did have -12 SL... but -12 SL is a weak penalty for killing of half a dozen of your OWN faction members, isn't it?
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers - STILL, just as in NC1, I will occasionally zone and 'become someone else'. I'll have their gear, their gogo, their model, their weapons. Sometimes people get warped randomly to an apartment instead of the zone/dungeon they were supposed to zone into. In NC1, I know someone who emptied a gogo full of rares that belonged to the player they warped into - they got to keep all that stuff. That's a BS bug and it's sad it still exists.

Things I miss from NC1/NLPro:
- Winamp Controls - I really miss seeing the song titles and having Winamp Control Buttons. 50% of the time, alt+tabbing crashes NC2. Controlling Winamp in-game again would be nice.
- Drone Hud - The old 'custom' drone hud which labeled the "Velocity" and "Altitude" bars on the right and left would help noobs IMMENSELY. It actually gives you an idea as to how the F the fly the things... when they don't disappear.
- Replacement Doorbell Sound - When you're wearing headphones, the doorbell sound makes my ears want to bleed. I hate that sound. As geeky as it was, the Star Trek one was actually quite pleasant :(

Improvements to NC2:
- Vegetation - Make "Vegetation" in the F11 Window 3 Buttons, [LOW] [MED] [HIGH]. KK has already removed many of the other options, why not remove the ability to disable Vegetation? I personally think that the vegetation is a large percentage of the game that makes it quite beautiful. It should also add to gameplay. As of now, most everyone just turns it off for FPS and it has no bearing on gameplay. Say for instance you're running around Gravis Uplink fighting. Even on the [LOW] Setting, a runner should be able to run into the swamp and have a chance to confuse his opponent. Of course now everyone has vegetation and I bet you a ton of players would SHIT themselves if they went to Gravis Uplink with their vegetation on. Now that's a gameworld.
- RPOS Names - Make the names in the Chat Window and Local Window right clickable, giving the option to Ignore/Add to Team/Add to Direct.

K, I'm done. Sorry for rambling.

MrChumble
12-10-04, 21:57

N
tehchianally uit was compelety on topic but not to worry I am on irc now, apart from when I am here posting :D

Carinth
12-10-04, 22:05
Items in trade drop down to inventory after a random amount of time.
Processor jumps randomly about after a set number of uses.

I know these aren't bugs, but they're stupidly annoying fixes to prevent duping and macros. Can't we do something better then annoy everyone to prevent a few from exploiting?

also

Character exists ingame for a good 20 seconds after you exit to login screen (even after the 10s logout wait). This is evident when you try to log back in as a different character and get the "Player already ingame on a different character" message.

MrChumble
12-10-04, 22:09
Items in trade drop down to inventory after a random amount of time.
FEATRUE

kk have said this is to stop random <things that nidhogg will bna me for mentioning so better not> that could be abused. its not a bug just a bit of rally silly design by kk. otherwise I agree.

giga191
12-10-04, 22:12

N
Damn that so very nearly went to my sig

MrChumble
12-10-04, 22:13
Damn that so very nearly went to my sig
lol that a classic and I never even realised.

Glok
12-10-04, 22:30
Well, I'll snap that one up then. :D

___T-X____
12-10-04, 22:32
Perma-sync = 7 times to login.
Memory leak= starts at 1800Meg goes 0/1800meg ( iuse rambooster to free it up tho :) )
Sort them epics

Carinth
12-10-04, 22:51
There's no "cancel" button in the client login. Thus you can be stuck while it tries to connect to server until finnaly it times out. Same is true of synch screens, sometimes you can hit escape and it'll drop you to the login screen, but other times you're stuck.

40$Poser
12-10-04, 23:03
I'd enjoy reporting bugs in game, but I mean. Neocron 1, I reported some minor things. Bugs, small ones, but bugs still.. and they seemed to have been ignored. What has changed sense nc1 to nc2 that we can feel confident that are reporting would be deleted or not even looked it?

QuantumDelta
13-10-04, 00:41
One bug I found today that I thought was long since past:

I zoned and my EXP Reset.
INT Level 86 PSI Monk went from 2/3 xp, to 0.

Zoning and relogging didn't fix that.....

From what I remember it saying ....4000k xp? oy.
Oh well.

--

The Mem Leak hit me for the first time early last week, because it was the first time in ages i spent a while ingame rather than short spells.

And the PSI Cast bugs are annoying me.

Nothing truly critical there I guess 'cept the mem leak... psi cast annoyed me the most.

Oddly enough the EXP Reset never loses me a level, always just resets it to the last level.

superfresh
13-10-04, 01:07
Fix Gliders so they are either more durable or cant spawn on a tree and blow up :mad:
Fix enabling gr so the clan leader can enable it as primary apt
Fix bug that when you sync out in glider, you dont log back to a blown up glider and a dead body on ground

Will add more later...

Hudson

What he said.

Also, I think discussing bugs here is better than the normal routine, since people read this forum more and are more apt to engage in discussion (in whatever form).

I think it might also be nice if KK was a bit more verbally responsive to these issues, here or elsewhere. Honestly sometimes a "Yeah we're aware of that and are working on it" or even "Nope, not gonna do it..." is more comforting than the dead silence that seems customary these days.

On the other hand, I'm sure if KK said a month ago, "Yeah NC2 still has some bugs and is missing content...not ready for release..." people would still have said "F*ck it!!! Release it!!!"

Omnituens
13-10-04, 03:22
conflict with the latest nvidia drivers, textures cant decide what vertex they want to snap to.

this has been in since NC1, where i reported it along with screens and a dxdiag report. fucking fix it.

(sorry for being snappy, im just pissed that the fact my NC2 chars are from fucking sept 3rd due to a roleback that occured while i didnt have access to NC)

Shinto
13-10-04, 12:07
i stopped reporting bugs a while ago, simply because i would report them, and sometimes it would get a mail fromGM saying thanks for reporting we are aware of this and will be sorted in a forthcoming patch, or somthing like that

yet most of the bugs i reported are still here.

its just leaves me thinking whats the point in reporting them

Nid perhaps we could get the bug forum bit moved so that its in a more visable location?