PDA

View Full Version : In-game text

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 19:54
I've always liked the simple Neocron text. It was easy to read and that's all that matters.

One thing that I noticed that got changed for no reason was the player indicator text (the text above a player's head when targetted).

In a word, it sucks. For starters, why the hell is it IN ALL CAPS? Second, the font is rather large, definitely larger than NC1's.

IMO, change the font back and user lower case like NC1, it looks a ton better. This is a small gripe, yes, but something that bothers me. 8|

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 20:51
Down with the text! :D

PS: What happened to SD? Did he transfer over?

Glok
12-10-04, 20:57
It bothers me too. I said it before, but just be glad the chat window text isn't that same font. 8|

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 20:59
It's the only GUI gripe I have.

I actually like the new RPOS and I play on 1024x768. I just made it grey with orange outlining (text mostly, to match this site ;)) and made it more transparent and it looks pretty cool.

NS_CHROME54
12-10-04, 21:38
damn shoulda read the thread before voting. change my vote from "yes" to "no."

MrChumble
12-10-04, 21:48
I know thinks KK in their wisdowm lets make the text all large while AT THR SAME TIME screqwing over anyone who wants to have an intersting name just make the name filter make everyone called 'joe bloggs' thats almost what its like, then they go and make it all caps so ti doesn' even matter ANYWAY.

edit: arrdgh change font colour pruple is BAD green is good

EDITED EDIT: why does it say I COULD care less, crazy americans that means you COULD care less you want to say I could NOT care less. silly,

-FN-
12-10-04, 22:01
Some characters do look really funny. Capital "I"s always look weird to me. Typing money amounts in the Trade window seems to be hard for me. The TEAM markers are more noticable now, but the 'all-caps' conversion makes it look odd. Who knows, with those boxes, maybe it looks weirder with lower case letters.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 22:38
If anything, just don't make it all caps. That's just annoying as hell and takes up a lot of space.

giga191
12-10-04, 23:16
Didn't MJS say something about putting stuff ingame if it got the majority vote?

Shinto
12-10-04, 23:27
Down with the text! :D

PS: What happened to SD? Did he transfer over?

ya old text was fine, tho i have np with current one, i dont really pay much attention

SD aint been around for a couple of months i think

Morganth
12-10-04, 23:29
Didn't MJS say something about putting stuff ingame if it got the majority vote?

I'd hope this is true.

Also, it would be nice if they had a command you could enter in the RPOS to change the fonts and size of text in one of the .ini's (prolly RPOScolour.ini would be bst) so that those who like the current one can keep it, and those that don't can customise it to their likings.