PDA

View Full Version : Holovests

___T-X____
12-10-04, 15:21
Are these in now ?if so,

What are the requirements ? and what negatives ?

Are theyre different types, say like tank pa is 3 colours ?

thx in adv.

Dribble Joy
12-10-04, 15:29
Take a visit to FIST in DoY.
Dunno about reqs/bonuses/malii though.

___T-X____
12-10-04, 15:31
ta DJ

oki, didnt know they sold them, ive not got access to Neocron, anyone hook me up with the info pls

KRIMINAL99
12-10-04, 15:39
They gimp you terribly so you cant really fight in them. To be honest I think they are pretty useless unless they let you change your character name and faction appearance or something. You can't fight in them and so everyone is going to know what class you really are pretty fast anyways from seeing you fight. (if they haven't seen you already wandering around normally)

Even if you could fool people what use would that be? The best I could think of is to wear a ppu suit and hope they don't bother to attack you cause they don't think they can succeed.

msdong
12-10-04, 15:41
sah them here:

http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6258

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 15:41
-30 dex or something...

tbh the only use was ever going to be droneres (maybe pretend to be a PPU for less attacks?) but with a -30 dex its pointless for them too

___T-X____
12-10-04, 15:42
can you get Black PA ones ?

MISS WHIP
12-10-04, 15:47
I bought the male tank PA the other day in DOY..

INT 90 (to use)

-30 DEX
-50 AGL

By the way it does not mean you have the Tank PA on when you wear it you just take on the apperance of a tank minus the PA..

With an -30 dex even a capped spy like myself with the best chips in the game SA/SF etc cannot use a HL with the PA on.

Sux if you ask me as you do not even get the benifit of the normal tank PA,
it comes with only negative's. :mad: :wtf: :mad:

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 15:54

INT 90 (to use)

-30 DEX
-50 AGL

By the way it does not mean you have the Tank PA on when you wear it you just take on the apperance of a tank minus the PA..

With an -30 dex even a capped spy like myself with the best chips in the game SA/SF etc cannot use a HL with the PA on.

+1 for the KK fuck up lists

___T-X____
12-10-04, 15:57

INT 90 (to use)

-30 DEX
-50 AGL

Does it default to Grey ? Or is there a way to be blue or black pa coloured ?

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 16:02
Does it default to Grey ? Or is there a way to be blue or black pa coloured ?

no PA...

tank model

___T-X____
12-10-04, 16:04
what a crock of shit.

Mods, please close.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 16:05
and devs - please delete holovests... they waste database space

MISS WHIP
12-10-04, 16:07
[QUOTE=___T-X____]what a crock of shit.

LOL :lol: same thing i said after i spent 50k to buy one and only found out after how it works...

___T-X____
12-10-04, 16:11
I thought if I had 135 INT, and the Monk, I would be Black Monk PA still stealth and use a rog - I thought shite defence but be a load of fun.

Instead they implement and code a fucking waste of space. I cant understand the fucking reasoning, do they start something get half way through get bored then have a go at something else.

Spermy
12-10-04, 16:14
Um.. correct me if I'm wrong, but not so long ago there was a thread screaming out fo them. Now they're here - people still whining. Granted - it's not the same people but I'll be goddamned if I don't find it funny.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 16:16
Um.. correct me if I'm wrong, but not so long ago there was a thread screaming out fo them. Now they're here - people still whining. Granted - it's not the same people but I'll be goddamned if I don't find it funny.

spermy... if they were any good i would be all for them.

name a combat situation where you would use a -30 int / -50 agl piece of chest armour?

___T-X____
12-10-04, 16:18

name a combat situation where you would use a -30 int / -50 agl piece of chest armour?

name ANY situation.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 16:21
name ANY situation.

er...

scamming people? hope they dont notice your name and they hunt a spy (when in fact you are a spy)?

i dunno thats the best situation i could think of, and it sucks

Crest
12-10-04, 16:21
R these not a toy for dronners now, so dronners look like someone else while flying their toys ????

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 16:22
R these not a toy for dronners now, so dronners look like someone else while flying their toys ????

-30 dex while using a TL 120 raptor?

when you get a good setup like that feel free to tell me it

MISS WHIP
12-10-04, 16:25

LOL :lol: A tank standing in a corner with an combat rating of 80 yep im fooled big time.....

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 16:28
LOL :lol: A tank standing in a corner with an combat rating of 80 yep im fooled big time.....

no no...

not 80...

with -30 cr ill be using crap drones :p (if i could get them to launch that is)

___T-X____
12-10-04, 16:31

heh, aye.

Sorin
12-10-04, 19:56
Not to mention that they're broken anyways. While the Male Tank one does make me look like a male tank (which is an issue all its own. I can't tell who the fuck is who with these damn new models), the other ones are broken. The female pe and female monk vests at first made me look like an nc1 model female pe and monk, but the monk was the infamous "green guy" model, and the PE was the same, but grey/purple-ish. But not they dont even do that. When I put them on, I'm still a male spy. They are teh brokededed.

Spermy
12-10-04, 19:59

Hey - I never said they were any use. But if people knew how crap they were way back when - Why would they A) ask for them back or B) Bitch about em when they are back???

The mind boggles.

MISS WHIP
12-10-04, 22:10
name a combat situation where you would use a -30 int / -50 agl piece of chest armour?[/QUOTE]

NO the holovests all give the same stats in terms of requirements and negaitives

ie all 90 int to use
all -30 dex
all -50 AGL

That is all the ones i have being able to find........

giga191
12-10-04, 22:28
PLEEEAAAASSSEEEE MAKE IT -100 DEX (so i can put my LE in :angel: )

Sorin
12-10-04, 23:08
PLEEEAAAASSSEEEE MAKE IT -100 DEX (so i can put my LE in :angel: )

Hey, never thought of that!

Increase the skills nerf please!

:D

giga191
12-10-04, 23:15
Hey, never thought of that!

Increase the skills nerf please!

:D
I wish I hadn't foolishly used that drug called 'Poison' lying on the floor at the end of NC1. I didn't know what it did until i took it (takes away lots of skills so it takes down ur rank)

Sorin
12-10-04, 23:24
Ooo, what's it do? I'm all for anything that nerfs my tradeskiller hard enough to put the LE back in. He's /45, so I gotta lose 15 ranks somehow.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 12:57
Hey - I never said they were any use. But if people knew how crap they were way back when - Why would they A) ask for them back or B) Bitch about em when they are back???

The mind boggles.

maybe people asked for them before KK released the stats?

the mind does not boggle anymore...

m,y droner would love to look like a PPU. great idea KK. my droner would not love to lose 30 dex. shit idea KK.

(PS i meant dex on the post i said int, i said dex earlier and emant it all times :p)