PDA

View Full Version : Slots again...

Glok
12-10-04, 14:28
So how have you csters been doing on slots?

I was trying to make my hyb a nice multi lightning last night. I got a 3 slot on the first batch of 10 and being the pigheaded twat I am I wanted at least 4. So I built 120 more. 6x 3 slots. O_o I ended up just modding a 3 slot and passing it to my monk. I think I have the worst luck ever (if any of you remember my previous comments/threads...)

ArgieD
12-10-04, 14:52
There is no doubt that CSTing is slightly random.
It seems that the higher my CST TL the lower the number of slots per item. :(

I remember being a mere TL 70 Constructor making 5 slotted noob spells within 30-40 attempts, while now at TL 178, I would need 200 attempts to make a few 4 slotted ones.....

That machina glove has jinxed me big time :p

PS Mind you, the first two lines meant to be sarcastic....

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 14:55
Not to make anything über, but I think CST should have some like 30% skill over TL of item = slot guarantee. This would show that the CST is skilled and he can do these with ease but 5 slots would be ultra rare or something.

LOST
12-10-04, 14:55
i made 2 4 slot holy defs in 5 bps on a tl 176 conster (190 odd with con buff)...

but then made a 2 slot shelter and heal in both in 5 bps (holy obviously)...

its all very random..not made any low lvl stuff other than wep parts tho..

Glok
12-10-04, 15:05
Well, I did make a lovely 5 slot atomsmelt for my HC PE in only 10 builds so... :)

Spermy
12-10-04, 15:11
As long as My wayatt comes out good quality and shoots straight I don't care - slots are always a bonus for meh.

Glok
12-10-04, 15:13
A Wyatt that shoots straight? :eek:

Tidus_Origin
12-10-04, 15:18
My cst (@ 115/150) made a 5 slotted TL3 heal once...never made another one since.

Argent
12-10-04, 15:29
Same random bullshit as in the old NC. Needs to be changed.

KRIMINAL99
12-10-04, 15:30
I wonder if there isn't something wrong with KK's programmers concept of random, ie its starts at the same place every time and then follows some random number script, or if they just use the programming language random function then they forgot to make sure it gets a new seed somewhere or something...

Glok
12-10-04, 15:33
That's a good question kriminal, because while I was building those multi lightnings last night I got 15 one slotters in a row... that was fucking weird.

Argent
12-10-04, 15:39
That's a good question kriminal, because while I was building those multi lightnings last night I got 15 one slotters in a row... that was fucking weird.

When you build 5 4-slot high level items in a row you'll say "Ok, this is weird". I've noticed a certain pattern in slot changes (most notably seen when building lots of same stuff at fast pace). It's like a curve which does a very high climb at the end and then drops to zero-one slots again and stays there for quite some time.

Also, high level items seem to get slots easier than low-mid level items. And certain items even easier (medium level gatling cannon among others).

LOST
12-10-04, 16:57
just did an experiment....10 x tl 8 para's.

5 x 0 slot, 4 x 1 slot, 1 x 2 slot.....

not good at all but the way they came out....i got all the slots first and the last ones were 0's (last 5 of 10 built - didnt read proprerly).

btw... thats CONST 178, INT 113, DEX 124 (coz i've not got my con chips in yet :p )

I'm sure you'll agree that its not as much random as crap ?!?!?!?!!?/11/1/

Spoon
12-10-04, 17:10
Well, I did make a lovely 5 slot atomsmelt for my HC PE in only 10 builds so... :)

Damn j00.....

Funny you should bring this up....
I've been trying to build an alt a TPC, I got a cabinet full of 1 slotters.....
I built 7 more last night, 2 no slotters, 5 1 slotters...wtf?
At this point, I would be happy with a 2 slot...
I would be building bigger batches, but I've been trying to save money by building them up from chems, and the TPC takes a WP 9....

My best build in retail NC2 is only a 4 slot Unlabled Plasma Cannon.... :o
Been doing TL3 heals in runs of 10 or so, only 3 slotters so far....

Killfly
12-10-04, 21:54
It seems that the higher my CST TL the lower the number of slots per item. :(

I know you said you were being sarcastic, but I can't help wondering if there's some weird truth in it... I seem to have far better luck with slots if my 160 conster doesn't use the glove...

Could just be coincidence or whatever, but I don't use my glove much any more because I noticed it so often...

msdong
12-10-04, 22:07
you allways get more slots on a single item when u are short before the next quality level.

atm im good in producing "cool" hacksoft. with all boosts i be able to build outstanding ones without any slots. i seen that on other items too.
then after i am a "save" outstanding conster slots get more common again.

but yes - still random.