PDA

View Full Version : "Draw your character"-madness

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 12:57
As the title said, it is "draw your character"-madness.

Everyone take your pens or pecils to to your paws and dribble your own character from neocron. The accuracy doesn't have to be 100% and you can use colors or colours depending on wich side of the ocean you come from, or it can be black & white or noir et blanc.

The main goal here is to draw your adventurer, killer, tradeskiller or well what ever you do in the amazing world or neocron. To make it easier, here is mine.

His name is Emerson and as I said it doesn't have to be 100% accurate as my charater is a rifle spy but he is holding a pistol that I think is plasma YAY! Oh and funny pictures of stealthing spies should be kept on the low side, because we are trying to SEE your characters.

Dribble Joy
12-10-04, 13:19
Wee image I did ages ago.
DJ teh Judge girleh.

http://www.live-wyre.co.uk/djslouch.jpg

I can't draw feet.

Xeno LARD
12-10-04, 14:07
Wee image I did ages ago.
DJ teh Judge girleh.

http://www.live-wyre.co.uk/djslouch.jpg

I can't draw feet.

I'm in love.

I can't draw :(

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 14:43
Maybe I could help you with feet, and the upper torso too. I post two anatomy pictures I drew to help my students to learn some valuable things. I know they are not the best possible but the actual information is there clearly for everyone to see.

And I'm sorry, I am a semi-pro so there are some things even I can learn. But the bottom line here is to help out. The female doesn't have legs as you can see, but the male muscles and feet doesn't differ from female ones that much, just remember to draw wider hip to females and not as bulk muscles.

Hope these help.

Dribble Joy
12-10-04, 14:57
I'm more something of a pseudo-amateur cartoonist rather than an artist, that and I am pants at it.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 15:02
my go at it

Opar
12-10-04, 16:39
my go at it

Winner.

MkVenner
12-10-04, 18:54
no damn scanner :(

Spermy
12-10-04, 19:08
I R teh Lazeh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/Hairchangecopy.jpg

BTW - Neofragged is cancelled on account of uni work.

Cry me a river etc.

BTW - Mags... That kinda style reminds me of Herb wiersma... Did you ever study under him?

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 19:21
GG ripping of ctrl alt del

Spermy
12-10-04, 19:29
EXFUCKINGCUSE ME?

This is from neofragged you asshat.

Of course if you'd bothered to look up this image - you'd know that - you want my sketches also? Or how about my PSD's?

BTW - Tim Buckley = God.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/Tankyfilled.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/Tanky.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/Colouredtanktest.jpg

How fucking dare you.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 19:30
unoriginal = crap imo

GG getting really pissed off

Spermy
12-10-04, 19:31
Some people work hard at thier art. It's very annoying to be called a rip off artist.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 19:42
well pardon me if im mistaking your art for some other art that looks a lot like it

Spermy
12-10-04, 19:49
Enough newbie.

Neofragged is a webcomic.

What? Just because tim buckley cel shades - no one else can? ONOES! Hafl the frigging web artists out their must be plagaristic bastards

Have a look at VG cats, or penny arcade - hell even urban trib if it's still going. You'll notice a recurring theme.

Cel shaded blocky characters are easier to work with, to layer expressions onto, to cut up and mess around with. They also are suited for flash if I ever feel the need to animate. They're also constricted to that until I get myself a graphics tablet.

K?

Now let it be.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:00
no your characer looks like lucas, it isnt the cell shading, and i'll hold you to your claim of calling my a newbie, and challenge you to a duel in NC.

i will fight you as soon as i get a moveon chip as i havnt played nc2 yet, shouldnt take too long

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:03
How fucking dare you.

hahahah just saw that thats gold

you regestered in July 04 and have an average of 15.31 posts per day, you think this makes you awesome and cool?

nope

i've played NC for a lot longer than you but if you still wanna call me a newbie GG, i just enjoy playing the game more than the forum and have little enough time for that itself so step off your rainbow coloured petastal and get some skills newbie

NS_CHROME54
12-10-04, 20:09
you two do persist. take it to pm.

J. Folsom
12-10-04, 20:11
This thread definitely gave me a good laugh.

Anyway, no artistic abilities are in my posession, so I won't post any.

Opar
12-10-04, 20:16
petastal

Pedastel.

GG.

And leave Spermy alone. He's sexier than you. And bigger than you. And he prolly knows more than you! And has more skills than you! And rules you!!!!

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:18
grammer ************s just cant think of a better flame

Opar
12-10-04, 20:22
grammer ************s just cant think of a better flame

Grammar*

And, while im being a 'grammar ************' (or rather, a spelling ************, silly fool! ;) ) i'll correct your sentence for you.

Grammar ************s! Just can't think of a better flame.

anyway, Spermy man, what happened to thaty cartoon strip you were doing? Where did it go?

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:25
grammer ************ is a term for people who pick on anything like that

and its pretty poor tbh, makes you looks like an old sod

Spermy
12-10-04, 20:27
Neofragged is on hold - I have a ten second hand animation due in two weeks - it has to be plain line, and then another rendered. At 12 Freaking frames per second.

Suffice to say - after Uni tommorrow I'm going to be one hell of a busy body.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:32
busy enough to post 15 posts per day?

Tratos
12-10-04, 20:36
busy enough to post 15 posts per day?

UPDATED

youve had 12 just in this thread ;)

Edit, and may i add, a total of 15 from today as a whole......

Congratulations!!!

----------------------------
Also for on topicness i cant draw for shit, lol :(

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:40
Total Posts: 24 (1.96 posts per day)

vs

Total Posts: 1,384 (15.32 posts per day)

NS_CHROME54
12-10-04, 20:42
Total Posts: 24 (1.96 posts per day)

vs

Total Posts: 1,384 (15.32 posts per day)

what horror, such injustice, something must be done about this!

oh cruel, cruel world.

stop whining tbh.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:48
im not whining, i love arguing, im annoyed this threads gone to hell now as it was a good thread but i sorted my argument with spermy on PM (well i dunno about him but i did)

its you fanbois who kept thing going, you must be reeeeally bored

NS_CHROME54
12-10-04, 20:50
im not whining, i love arguing, im annoyed this threads gone to hell now as it was a good thread but i sorted my argument with spermy on PM (well i dunno about him but i did)

its you fanbois who kept thing going, you must be reeeeally bored
as i recall, this whole shananigan started when you accused spermy of ripping some artist off, when in fact that style is just incredibly common anyways. and naturally, it went downhill from there. so the first step towards achieving inner peace is stop bitching at spermy, and cool it.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 20:57
so?
makes for an easy misunderstanding, if he'd just have just corrected me instead of getting really pissed off he'd have gotten an oppology and an edit

Opar
12-10-04, 23:06
so?
makes for an easy misunderstanding, if he'd just have just corrected me instead of getting really pissed off he'd have gotten an oppology and an edit

*Apology

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 23:09
ur rly kool

Spermy
12-10-04, 23:27
Alright - Mind has been diverted from evil thoughts. You won't get an apology from me though. I hope you can see where I'm coming from - if you look over on the other thread - and if you've kept tabs on my progress - I've updated that thread with pictures about 12 times in total - I even broke forum rules about multiposting because I ran out of time to edit the others. Because I care about my work fella.

Can you see where I'm coming from? A lot of time and effort goes into what I do, whether it's a 2d cel shaded character - or a complete skin rebuild as in the other. It's a major kick in the bollocks to then have someone slate your work. I wouldn't be so annoyed if you had been more tactful. I don't have to do these things, as it stands neofragged is sorted and just needs hosting which I'll do after I finish this animation assigment, But if people are going to take that attitude to my hard work, then I really cannot be fucked.

It's upsetting that people who haven't even demonstrated thier ability say things like that. I'm not being inflammatory dude - just trying to make you see it from my perspective. A lot of time goes into my pieces.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 23:34
i only just started posting here so i didnt know anything about neofragged.

sorry for accusing you of plagerism (ITS PROBALLY SPELT WRONG) but you have to admit they DO look similer, i was in a bit of a bad mood then anyway.

and i did demonstrate my ability, look back in the thread
:p

on another note it was also mostly people like tratos fault as they are just trying to stir up more trouble, i was ready to call it quits (im not even gonna comment on your pathetic flame dude, the point wasnt about who had more posts on that thread, it was about who had more posts on average, and just cause i post 9 in 1 thread doesnt mean i do that every day 99% of threads on this forum STINK, there, i started on it)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 16:02
This message is hidden because Mechanicus is on your ignore list.

good work everyone.

i wish i had some sort of artistic talent :p

some of VENOM could do well... but they dont use the forums much

Dribble Joy
13-10-04, 16:04
I think what is more important here is art style.

Cell shading is an incredibly common tool (even I use it (http://www.live-wyre.co.uk/djruncolour.jpg), shame I can't shade worth shit, man that pic is old and crappy), been around as long as anime has, acusing someone of stealing it is almost like acusing someone of stealing thier idea of using a pencil :p.

Ideas and concepts and the style in which something is drawn is what is really counts in my book.

Clive tombstone
13-10-04, 16:11
oki, ill have some pictures up soon, I just need some coffee first, and stuff, be about 25 mins :D

mishkin
13-10-04, 16:15
I have to agree that spermys art looks alot like the style used on ctrlaltdel (http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/) ... but it's not a bad thing. :)

/me loves ctrlaltdel :D

BTW - How do you guys do those sexy pics? I've made some of my own in psp (hate photoshop, psp has the same things and it alot more lightweight and easier to use imo)... You scetch by hand or do you do all the work on your comp? Here, my addition to the thread, although only facial features of my now dead apu/ppu lass :rolleyes:

(It's a piccy I made about a year ago... that little thing took me like 5 hours, and yeah, I did it all using psp and my mouse :D )

Dribble Joy
13-10-04, 16:21
I - like most people - draw in pencil, ink over with a black inking pen, scan on BW, then fill in the spaces. That's the basics anyway.

mishkin
13-10-04, 16:34
I - like most people - draw in pencil, ink over with a black inking pen, scan on BW, then fill in the spaces. That's the basics anyway.

I'm no artistic genious... I could never figure out how to ink a drawing so it looks sexy :D
My brother on the other hand is a genious when it comes to drawing...
Some of his work (http://koti.mbnet.fi/suprimo/fx/3d/) VERY heavy images, all made in 3dsm and (I think) finished off with adobe after effects :)
http://koti.mbnet.fi/suprimo/decore/wallpaper.jpg
Also his work... I wish I could make stuff like that :D

I guess I'll just have to practice. I'm trying to do alot of things now, learn how to draw, program in c++ and I'm gonna have a computer set up in my car :D

Could never find time to do this while I played nc :p

Spermy
13-10-04, 16:36
Yup - Sketch it out in 4H and then whack a gel pen over the top - Sometimes It needs to be re-lined - which I do in photoshop - I'd use Painter 7, but I'm two comfortable with adobes range. (Had Painter7 for a while now - only used it about 6 or 7 times).

When the lines are done - it's celled, and then shaded. And BTW DJ, awesome stuffage, I like.

*Wishes he had his graphic tablet...*

Heres the reason I'm so loathe to use Painter- Bloody hell it's awful!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/MeRender.jpg

Those max images are teh sexeh. Is that him in the picture in the 02_sword?
How old is the fella cos if thats him, then he's gonna kick some major bawls later on.

mishkin
13-10-04, 16:49
Ya, it's hím in the pic... he's always been good at drawing, and very interested in graphics... he turns 17 this month, so yeah, I believe he might kick some major bawls later on :D

Spermy
13-10-04, 16:51
Wicked - It took me ages to get a grip on max - Looks like a few years of experience in there, lemme guess, he started at about 15/16? Good on the chappeh - coming from a fellow maxer :D

*Gives Mini Mish a medal*

mishkin
13-10-04, 16:59
Looks like a few years of experience in there, lemme guess, he started at about 15/16?

Yeah... that's about right. About 5 years ago he was making games with clickandplay and some other crappy game-studio that required no programming-skills... then he went on to doing graphics (he always had a 9 or 10 in arts in school on a scale of 4-10)... I think he used some other 3d-programs than 3dsm first, and then went on to max because he needed something more advanced.... you wanna talk to him he's always on msn...
mr_maniac_2000(at)hotmail.com :)

Mr Kot
13-10-04, 17:09
petastal

Pedastel.

try PEDESTAL :angel:

and yes.. i have no life ;)

Spermy
13-10-04, 17:13
Yeah... that's about right. About 5 years ago he was making games with clickandplay and some other crappy game-studio that required no programming-skills... then he went on to doing graphics (he always had a 9 or 10 in arts in school on a scale of 4-10)... I think he used some other 3d-programs than 3dsm first, and then went on to max because he needed something more advanced.... you wanna talk to him he's always on msn...
mr_maniac_2000(at)hotmail.com :)

Cheers man - Think I just might

Mechanicus
13-10-04, 18:08
try PEDESTAL)

haha nice one

r3yka
13-10-04, 18:24
I think what is more important here is art style.

Cell shading is an incredibly common tool (even I use it (http://www.live-wyre.co.uk/djruncolour.jpg), shame I can't shade worth shit, man that pic is old and crappy), been around as long as anime has, acusing someone of stealing it is almost like acusing someone of stealing thier idea of using a pencil :p.

Ideas and concepts and the style in which something is drawn is what is really counts in my book.
man u guys r fukin sexy
computer wiz (im jealous)

what software is that u use?
im going to try learn this stuff

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:29
man u guys r fukin sexy
computer wiz (im jealous)

what software is that u use?
im going to try learn this stuff

afaik he draws it all by hand and uses the software he linked to colour (or shade)

:edit: although he is too modest DJ s one of the best artists i have seen (at least in this "char drawing" area)

r3yka
13-10-04, 18:34
what is the software he linked?
and btw what does afaik mean? soz bit of a forum noob, just on forums when my NC is down

peace :angel:

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:50
ah... he linked to a piccy or something, my bad :p

and afaik is as far as i know :)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 19:14
DJ if you dont want this up just say and ill remove.

before

http://www.live-wyre.co.uk/djrun.jpg

after

http://www.live-wyre.co.uk/djruncolour.jpg

:edit: all work is Dribble Joys, i take no responsibility, im just linkin what he showed, plus the scetch for it

Mechanicus
13-10-04, 21:13
wow that pic is amazing DJ, though something doesnt look quite right about the mouth

Ascension
13-10-04, 22:12
wow that pic is amazing DJ, though something doesnt look quite right about the mouth

shes wearing a headset ;)

Mechanicus
13-10-04, 22:30
no i mean the way it goes off the side of the head, i dunno what it is but it isnt QUITE right.

im no artist but it might be because there are relaxed eyes and a stressed mouth

Ascension
13-10-04, 23:26
no i mean the way it goes off the side of the head, i dunno what it is but it isnt QUITE right.

im no artist but it might be because there are relaxed eyes and a stressed mouth

Maybe its Ge-force :p

naw your right.. but all in all looks pretty sweet ;)

Mechanicus
13-10-04, 23:35
yeah, the plasma is awesome and i like the dynamic pose

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 02:23
I have a (utterly nibbish and shite) webcomic, which I imagine junkeh has seen, a lot of NC stuff there and some other artwork. It's only really there for my mates, all the jokes are only really understandable by them, though I am intending on improving things, feel free too peruse the gallery (http://www.live-wyre-co.uk/gallery.html).

I would provide new stuff, but my scanner is shafted and I need a new one.

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 02:25
I have a (utterly nibbish and shite) webcomic, which I imagine junkeh has seen, a lot of NC stuff there and some other artwork. It's only really there for my mates, all the jokes are only really understandable by them, though I am intending on improving things, feel free too peruse the gallery (http://www.live-wyre-co.uk/gallery.html).

I would provide new stuff, but my scanner is shafted and I need a new one.

yup... host stuff on a site and ill check the site out :p

Clive tombstone
14-10-04, 02:42
Heres one of my characters, its a more refined version of "clive tombstone" I dont have photoshop or anything right now, but Ill get it soon, Ill have a few more sketches up in a bit. :D enjoy
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/287/3/6/clive_tombstone_by_Shufly.jpg

Spermy
14-10-04, 09:33
*Mumbles* *grumbles*

Just outta bed - but I have creative drawing lecture and seminar today - I'll see what I knock up eh?

Smok3d
14-10-04, 18:58
nice drawing i wanna see more :D

MkVenner
14-10-04, 20:25
i got some surprisingly good, by my standards any way, pics of my tank and PE, but i cant get them on the PC, trid putting the paper thru the printer backwards, and rolling it up and putting it in th floppy, but no luck :p

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 13:56
OK, did a wee doodle.
Just realised the proportions are completely fucked up.
No she aint nekkid :p.

Still can't draw feet.

Tidus_Origin
21-10-04, 17:20
I'll try and draw a character tonight and post it when I next find a scanner (probably @ weekend) :D

Shinto
21-10-04, 17:26
OK, did a wee doodle.
Just realised the proportions are completely fucked up.
No she aint nekkid :p.

Still can't draw feet.
you love drawing her with the skintight suits on tho dontcha ;)

Dribble Joy
21-10-04, 18:14
Heh. I do a different style too, but I have some ideas about combat suit/different types of PAs and stuff so I draw her in one :p.

Might do a 'casual' version in a bit.

/edit:
Ugh that pic is just vile now... really looks wrong....

Dribble Joy
23-10-04, 18:55
OK, here's abetter one, legs are still all wrong though.

Dribble Joy
25-10-04, 16:24
Yet another quick doodle.
Was going to be one with her in a scarf and mountainy type stuff, boots and things, but went with the combat cat-suit thing again (I draw the body shape before puting clothes over the top),

Maybe I'm just a perv.

Cliffraiser
25-10-04, 19:23
cant del post 0_o

Dribble Joy
26-10-04, 17:53
Another one.
Despite the horrificly scetchy nature of this pic (which is even worse on the paper, bless you PS), I quite like it.

Spermy
26-10-04, 18:24
You really do love those judges doncha! :)

Asurmen Spec Op
01-11-04, 04:08
here is mine.
well with all tecnicality my friend drew it but its my char.(man hes good with paint)
and if your wondering what the shirt says its drom s3xor... how nice :)

Endar
01-11-04, 11:21
All the pics in here are really nice but I just love the Clive Tombstones picture. It looks a bit like a manga character but it aint it after all. I really like it :D

Im not too good at drawing futuristic characters and I have never tried drawing manga but I can draw fantasy characters. The only thing is that my scanner is broken so I cant scan the image... Maybe if I could get one of my images scanned and if I would photoshop it to look like a CyberPunk character...

Ill try anyway.

Dribble Joy
01-11-04, 12:55
You really do love those judges doncha! :)
My trademark weapon.

I hate the second to last picture I did, fucking hate drawing feet.

Asurmen Spec Op
01-11-04, 21:40
My trademark weapon.

I hate the second to last picture I did, fucking hate drawing feet.
feet are teh evil :cool:

Xeno LARD
02-11-04, 00:27
All looking good. I may have a bash later if I may.