PDA

View Full Version : WoC

G.0.D.
12-10-04, 02:16
Whats the scoop?
The guys tell me I cant start my mission but dont give a reason to why.

I am/have,
-Capped (All stats + max exp)
-2 Milllion NC's (Some one said you needed that, but most defenetly not the npc)
-Compleated at least one epic (That one the NPC did mention)

I also hear you need the Ceres Holo Disks dropped by those nasty ceres launchers. I went hunting them only to find they dont drop any loot at the moment.

So question;
When will they drop the loot needed to start the mission?
Why dont the npc's state what I need?

Pungent77
12-10-04, 02:22
Ceres Holo Disks sound like some old SWG Jedi Holocron bullshit

john irons
12-10-04, 02:37
theyre gonna fix it...

after everything else :(

Dirus
12-10-04, 02:38
You need double your cap xp.
2 Million
Epic run complete for the faction your in
Wisdom of Ceres disc

The wisdom of ceres disc isnt dropping atm tho :/

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 02:39
god, u think ur gonna get an actual response to this?

the woc is broken/not implemented like the rest of the game

G.0.D.
12-10-04, 02:39
It cant be double... it stops at 172 mil...

Everything but those damn disks :(

@Vid gamer - lol says that just after lupus opens his big sexy canadian lips o_O

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 02:41
2 Million
Wisdom of Ceres disc

Bah, there goes Lupus making me look stupid. :p

Double the cap of XP, is that starting at 157 (soft cap) or 172 million (hard cap)?

Also, isn't 2 million a little too much... o_O

-FN-
12-10-04, 03:08
Eventually credits will become more and more abundant as a fixed economy will never be implemented, so 2 million will probbaly be cheap within the next month or two. Hell, it's cheap to some people now.

As for double the exp cap... how can that be if the EXP bar stops at 172 million? i.e., how do we tell we're at that point? I'm ready for WoC but I'm in the same position as G.0.D..

M'eh.

kurai
12-10-04, 03:08
Bah, there goes Lupus making me look stupid. :p

Double the cap of XP, is that starting at 157 (soft cap) or 172 million (hard cap)?

Also, isn't 2 million a little too much... o_OI don't really think that's much of an issue.

If you can't accumulate 150 to 170 million XP without acquiring 2 mill credits along the way then you really aren't managing your finances competently.

40$Poser
12-10-04, 03:11
2 Million
Wisdom of Ceres disc

Hmm, not sure if the 2 million tax will be good or bad for the economy... :/

double your cap xp... you mean overcap? :0

SovKhan
12-10-04, 03:36
from what ive heard its 2x the xp needed for last level ie. (99-100 xp) for first level. the 2nd level will be 2x the ammount of the first woc level, and so on and so forth

Krush
12-10-04, 03:37
When the drop is working what would drop these disks ?

40$Poser
12-10-04, 03:37
from what ive heard its 2x the xp needed for last level ie. (99-100 xp) for first level. the 2nd level will be 2x the ammount of the first woc level, and so on and so forth

ah, that makes sense now.

ino
12-10-04, 07:38
ehhm.. just a question, are there woc skills for both primary skills? Say psi and int for monks, str and cons for tanks and so on? And if you have to double your cap points on int with a monk its going to be so fun if he didnt mean to max out the exp :rolleyes:.

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 07:54
ehhm.. just a question, are there woc skills for both primary skills? Say psi and int for monks, str and cons for tanks and so on? And if you have to double your cap points on int with a monk its going to be so fun if he didnt mean to max out the exp :rolleyes:.
Now this is one of the questions asked manytimes, but haven't been answered. It is in everyones mind, please answer and I mean an official, not some rumor "I think 2£ of fish in a port will ya"

And sti.. sti... stickeee!

Sorin
12-10-04, 08:21
And where the hell did the epic part come in? WoC was originally supposed to be cap your skill(s) and you're good to go. Now it's that, plus epic, plus a ton of money. WTF? I wouldn't mind the epic part if the only faction (I haven't gotten confirmation on the second faction yet, FA) that had an epic which could be completed with an LE wasn't a faction I utterly detest. I bloody HATE NExT.

Now if someone can confirm if the FA epic is doable with an LE, I might be good to go....

ino
12-10-04, 09:46
Seems the woc isnt that well informed yet as is much else :(.

It would be nice tho to get an psi-int woc reward for all the work getting 100 int on monk... Aslong as it doesnt involve 6 months of int lvling to get there all is well.

Dribble Joy
12-10-04, 12:41
Pure speculation really, no offence. Unless you are getting someone to break thier NDA.

Could the amount for PEs to gain WoC be increased? We get our last dex lvl at 24 mill xp, which is pityful, and a mere 350k for psi.

[TgR]KILLER
12-10-04, 16:59
Now if someone can confirm if the FA epic is doable with an LE, I might be good to go....

confirmed.. dit the epic sunday and there is 0 killing in it so you don't need to pop your LE.. actualy i was doing the epic at the same time when another LE runner dit the epic to met him all over the map at varios epic places..

LE might be better to at one point you gotta go to NC city. and let me tell you with LE your ALOT saver there ;)

r3yka
12-10-04, 18:06
what is woc??

Dribble Joy
12-10-04, 18:08
Wisdom od Ceres.
Skills and items to gain after capping stats.

Probably gonna completely fuck up balance.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 18:34
Wisdom od Ceres.
Skills and items to gain after capping stats.

Probably gonna completely fuck up balance.

I doubt it.

Only the truly hardcore will reach the high levels of WoC, so if they get that good they deserve it.

Carnage
12-10-04, 19:05

Have to correct this.
Ceres disks are dropping, but their drop rate is extremely low and will be increased in the next patch.

Candaman
12-10-04, 19:19
so can u only loot those that drop the disk?

Shinto
12-10-04, 19:21
so can u only loot those that drop the disk?
no but they are dropping :lol:

joran420
12-10-04, 19:23
Have to correct this.
Ceres disks are dropping, but their drop rate is extremely low and will be increased in the next patch.
ummm afaik on those launchers you dont even get an empty loot window u cant loot them at all

so curious as to how teh disks are dropping

SovKhan
12-10-04, 19:34
Pure speculation really, no offence. Unless you are getting someone to break thier NDA.

Could the amount for PEs to gain WoC be increased? We get our last dex lvl at 24 mill xp, which is pityful, and a mere 350k for psi.

Ok dribble don not see how ON EARTH it could be breaking a NDA because the feature is SUPPOSE TO BE IN GAME ALREADY! But then again I am not a moron so illogical thinking is a foreign entity to me.

its responses like that from you and others why i dont bother to share any info etc on the forums.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 19:47
Who/Where drops these Ceres Disks again and can a melee Tank solo it or would you need a PPU or even a whole team?

joran420
12-10-04, 19:54
i think the 127 launchers are supposed to

J. Folsom
12-10-04, 19:56
Ok dribble don not see how ON EARTH it could be breaking a NDA because the feature is SUPPOSE TO BE IN GAME ALREADY! But then again I am not a moron so illogical thinking is a foreign entity to me.You can still have an NDA on something which is in-game.

Example: GM commands are in-game, but I don't think the GMs are allowed to tell just about anyone about them, hence it falls under an NDA while being in-game.

Another example:

KK might decide that people want to figure out recycling recipes on their own, this information might be known to the GMs, but they're not allowed to tell anyone. NDA for an in-game thing again.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 19:57
i think the 127 launchers are supposed to

Well crap, screw the solo part. :lol:

joran420
12-10-04, 19:58
i dunno actually if u were carefull an HC tank miight be able to take em out...would take ages though

Sorin
12-10-04, 19:58
You can still have an NDA on something which is in-game.

Example: GM commands are in-game, but I don't think the GMs are allowed to tell just about anyone about them, hence it falls under an NDA while being in-game.

Another example:

KK might decide that people want to figure out recycling recipes on their own, this information might be known to the GMs, but they're not allowed to tell anyone. NDA for an in-game thing again.

Even if you know them, they don't work anyways. Guess you gotta actually have a GM account for the commands to actually work.

Yelly
12-10-04, 23:44
You cannot take them out solo that is for sure
Tested it with both tank and apu and you need a ppu there

SovKhan
13-10-04, 14:28
gm commands are listed in one of the ini files anyway. you need the GM client to be able to use them so its pointless.

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 14:44
As for secret recycling recipes.....

With the codebreakers taking 10 parts, and you have 10 parts possible in each F7 slot.
Do some statistics calculation and you'll find the chance of anyone finding them by trying is just infinitely small.

I guess, some GM will tell his friends about the recipe and voila.... it's out to a select few.

Same as things have always been.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 14:48
Ok dribble don not see how ON EARTH it could be breaking a NDA because the feature is SUPPOSE TO BE IN GAME ALREADY! But then again I am not a moron so illogical thinking is a foreign entity to me.

its responses like that from you and others why i dont bother to share any info etc on the forums.

since this has not been publically stated DJ is saying unless a dev / GM broke the NDA and told you this there is no way you know for certain...

J. Folsom
13-10-04, 14:50
As for secret recycling recipes.....

With the codebreakers taking 10 parts, and you have 10 parts possible in each F7 slot.
Do some statistics calculation and you'll find the chance of anyone finding them by trying is just infinitely small.

I guess, some GM will tell his friends about the recipe and voila.... it's out to a select few.

Same as things have always been.
It depends really, you could try some basic assumptions to start with (for example assume that no parts are used twice in the recipes). Which would reduce the amount of possibilities quite a bit.

Dribble Joy
13-10-04, 15:45
Plenty of stuff in game is subject to NDAs.
The NPC scripting system, the construction, recycle, repair, research calculations. All the other equations and calculations that govern the game.
Players will of course eventually discover these through trial and error (or in the case of one site, which is rumoured to have decompiled the game files, we never did see much of him again), but untill anything becomes public knowledge it will remain 'secret'.
The storylines, the new content, the new items.
All subject.

Untill the exact mechanics of WoC are known (ie. WoC works and we get to discover it) and thier exact nature continues to not be explained by the devs then it is highly likely that it is subject to the NDA.
How DO you know that there will be lvls 1, 2, 3 etc? If the source of this info is valid and not in breach of any NDA, then there will be no problem in revealing it.
Untill then or a dev says more or WoC is fixed and we (shock horror) find out for ourselves, any statement concerning the nature of WoC is suspect at worst and speculation at best.