PDA

View Full Version : PPU sharing

james_finn
12-10-04, 00:42
Now I know that KK hate us PPUs and are despiratly trying to get rid of us all.... (LOL jk) but the teaming system sucks. Now ive not noticed this before since I had lots of cash and never had to really worry about it on pluto (had a very generous clan!) But since playing NC2 I have realised that we dont get a fair share of the profits of the team. I did a whole juggernaut run and two runs through the DoY tunnel level one tonight, with an almost capped Tank, a capped Spy and a mid-high end Tank. All their ranks were 5x or higher. Now I only earned 19k from all that leveling, now if i work it out correctly that works out less than the amount of money I would have spent on Psi 3 boosters. Not only that I cannot get a share of the loot for myself as its all locked to the biggest amount of damage. Do you guys think this is fair? Its gunna take me forever to save up for WoC level one, even though I am already almost capped (8 int levels)

All I am asking is that PPUs get a bigger share of the team money, and that when the team gets to a combat rank of 5x then they should share with a PPU with a rank of 7x ish. Because im being honest here, I dont ever want to play my PPU since I gain Nothing from it. Please KK read this post as Im sure Im not the only one to have noticed this!

Delphi

sebastien
12-10-04, 01:17
To be honest I think the looting rights is the bigger problem. Why should looting go to the most damage when you are agreed to be in a team ??

I was really surprised by it, and still don't understand this aspect of your game KK. We should at least be given an option to open looting between team members.

Please correct. =)

Krush
12-10-04, 01:19
Totatlly agree

makes sense

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 01:24
To be honest I think the looting rights is the bigger problem. Why should looting go to the most damage when you are agreed to be in a team ??

I was really surprised by it, and still don't understand this aspect of your game KK. We should at least be given an option to open looting between team members.

Please correct. =)
Team with people you know and have a bond with, and agree how you will treat the loot before you hunt.

I never, ever, ask for loot out of a hunt, (though admittedly, I do some times call in favours on the researched tech parts) but then that's one reason why I never have problems with this loot system.

FFXIs loot system is nice, less buggy, less open to possible exploits, less open to destroying your inv, and not as easy to argue over.

Hmm...If I want loot, rather than XP, I'll hunt solo on a PE or Hybrid.

Thread Starter:
Change your PSI Setup in the meantime.

But yea, something done about the ranks of all classes (normalising them) would be nice.

joran420
12-10-04, 02:43
money hunting juggernaughts sucks anyway....i made about teh same money there as a barrelling APU

Carinth
12-10-04, 03:37
Sorry for spoilin ya, Del : ) It was ridiculously hard for me at the beggining too, even having a clan didn't help much because I was the only ppu. It was until much later, after I already had everything I needed that I was actualy able to save up money and amass the crazy resources Pimp benefited from.

I'm in the same boat again, but I have much less tolerance for doing everything again. Somehow I hafta complete three epics (crahn, fa, and ts), gather up several mil to blow on building backup slotted spells, gather up several mil to blow on furniture for the clan apt, gather up several mil for extra apartments and other misc equipment, gather up several mil to do WOC, and supposedly I also hafta double my main stat's exp, ie gain about 150mil psi. That's just to start WOC and get myself pvp ready.

Considering I'm only making about 50k per huntin trip (several hours), it's gonna be a while..

Edit: Despite being overpowered/overimportant its obvious to most ppu's that kk really didn't think out our existance. We're just an afterthought patched in cause someone wanted Clerics. It shows up in glaring annoyances like how we don't gain exp for being a ppu, we just gain it by being in a team. We're not rewarded for helping low/mid level people. We're not rewarded for helping large groups. We take the largest risk in the game pvp wise, carrying the most valuables of any class. We're the most expensive/equpment intensive class. Bleh I don't wanna go on a tirade, I'll leave it there.

nEo-1664
12-10-04, 03:54
amen brother Carinth :P

Drexel
12-10-04, 04:21
Yep, when i capped i stopped PPUing, most cavers are 40/** or 50/** tops, so with my 80/*** i wasent getting dollars or Int exp, so i pretty much retired except for clan buffs, so in now have a capped character i havent taken out side the clan appt for about 6 months.

Oh, & i dont do OP's, whats the point, they get taken back again within 5 mins of logging off.

PPU's need some loving.

Anna
12-10-04, 06:31
my ppu is 89/66, without an epic glove even
ppl are always asking me to lend them cash and stuff
im real damn glad i can access the clanfund o_O

Spoon
12-10-04, 06:46
Random loot distribution, ala Lineage 2

Team loot can be distributed by Finders keepers or Random, when setting up a team...

When it's random it doesn't matter who picks it up, it gets randomly divided in to the players(in the team) inventory....

That would give PPU's a little more loot to sell.......

eprodigy
12-10-04, 07:03
Havent read all responses but I think loot should be open between teammates (no access privs) or players have the option of disabling there first access rights.

ino
12-10-04, 07:32
I dont know if money sharing is the real problem, the ranks are.

and just make sure the team understands the one who needs atleast clone loot is mostly the monks cause they chew up their "ammo" alot faster and has a harder time getting the insane amounts of ammo a tank can on so little.

Its not fair when ppus get the crahn glove the only class they might be able to team with and gain money is apu's and rifle spies..

sebastien
12-10-04, 08:49
Quantum-

It's not really an issue of trust for me. Honestly I make money so fast and so easily in this game that I don't even care much whether I loot or not when I'm teamed.

It's more of a convenience/logic issue for me. If you're in a team, you should be able to share looting rights. For that matter, if your team is holding a camp, and some heavy dmg dealer moves in to invade, he shouldn't be able to steal every kill from you team just because he can dish out more damage than any one member of your group.

It just doesn't make sense to me; in this game being in a team is a very lose thing. It's just a bit different from going solo but occupying the same area (the exp thing being the difference of course).

Dromidas
12-10-04, 09:01
The biggest hastle I've found as a ppu other than the cash problem is the lack of solo ability for psi skill. I can whip out a rusty sword and kill alright given enough time, but I can kill a 100/100 mob in 20 minutes and get like 5% psi exp, and that's IF I have the patience to keep recasting soulcluster every 90 seconds.
I'm only 32/41 though, pure ppu. Maybe as I get rank it'll change a bit.

james_finn
12-10-04, 14:05
OK thanks to all who have replied, seems Im not the only one. At the moment I am consiudering lomming a couple of points off of PPW to see if I can lower my rank. It annoys me that I have to lom to make a living in the world lol.

But I still think PPUs should get a percentage of all cash earned by the team no matter what rank the team is. So maybe if you have 100 points in PPU then you will automatically share cash with the team no matter what their rank is. Just makes our job that little bit nicer!

Delphi

Carinth
12-10-04, 16:21
Back when they first borked our ranks, ie Monks had around /80-90 and tanks were /60 at most. I used to purposefuly pop out imps to lower my rank so I could manage to share with non monks.

That day was one of the most depressing moments in nc for me. For a month or so I'd been loving being a ppu, my rank was on par with the Tanks in my clan. We went hunting all day, it was great. Then the patch came and I had to tell everyone no.. sorry, I can't team with you anymore. I spent a week wandering around nc with nothing to do. Then I put a few points into APU.. picked up an energy ball.. And killed a doomreaper myself! Thus Carinth the Hybrid was born ; ) If kk was going to screw our ability to team, then I figured I'll go solo as a Hybrid.

I wish I could do that now, but hybrids are not much fun anymore and almost as much work to setup as a pe.

LOST
12-10-04, 16:37
i was also tempted to hybrid...still am....to stave off boredom i recycled a medicant smg and have started inflicting pain on fire mobs (lol at 2 dmg per hit). Gives me something to do.

I dont care so much about looting because i know if theres something valuable the people i'm with will share BUT with no rare spell just cave running for money (and what scraps of exp) i have rank of 73/53 (or something close) and havent put my DS in or bothered doing crahn epic.

I dont want to go without my imps really.....and having 8 slots of stuff to drop outranking everyone else (nearly) i think it i have a reason to be poor and uncapped.
DAMN IT. LOWER PPU RANKS SO WE CAN GET MONEY AND EXP. plz.

edit: OR RAISE OTHER RANKS TO MATCH. but mainly drop ours. (my conster spy has 64 from his slasher, without 100 wep lore base 111 with imps)

james_finn
12-10-04, 18:07
the best exp and money gain i ever got as a PPU was with a fully capped Spy who had an eqiuvalent rank. I got 500k intel experience for one run of the chaos caves. This was absolutly awesome, and I was so happy.

Now I can spend a night leveling with my clan and I only get a maximum of 100k intel experience. and 17k nc! lol Its just not fair. Am still considering lomming most of my PPW out to try to lower my rank.

But yes KK please lower our ranks so that we are at an even level with the tanks.

Delphi

Shinto
12-10-04, 18:24
well i cant quite make out your rank from your sig but looks to be in 70s.

while the capped tank was proberbly mid 50s maybe little higher, the diffrence in the rank is the problem.

i know when it was my spy and 1 ppu it was pretty much even split on the cash iirc as we were both similar rank i was 70 odd while he was top end 70s.

if they followed sigmas *** tank idea we wouldnt have the problem of tanks lagging behind and being the skurge of PPUs exp

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 20:35
The XI way is still best.
You have recieved:
Some Stone.
Player: Someone.
Has cast lots for:
Some Stone.

The Items are given to a team loot pool that notifies EVERYONE what's in there, and EVERYONE who acquired it from that loot pool.

Heavyporker
12-10-04, 20:57
Yeah, really, PPUs get the shaft end of the nerf bat in Neocron.

when I do runs, I definitely do try to make sure that the PPU in my team is well-compensated (although most of the time, the guys only care about exp, so the cash just stays in my pocket).

You know, you ppus, maybe you should try calling dibs on whatever the boss drops (especially on shaman or queen runs, since those spells go for a quite tidy sum with a barterer to the proper shop).