PDA

View Full Version : TG Canyon

Sorin
12-10-04, 00:37
Uber exp for my Melee tank, but that's not what this is about.

TG Canyon has smugglers (inq 4, w00t), including an apartment smuggler. Ok. But the TG Canyon apartments can't be set as primary for pro NC factions.

Walking around the Canyon it becomes pretty apparent that TG Canyon isn't TG Canyon anymore. It's just The Canyon. There's no TG guards, vendors, contacts, or any TG NPCs at all for that matter.

Get rid of the primary apartment restriction please? :) It's not TG Canyon now, it's fire mob canyon. TG abandoned the place. Unnerf the apartments? Thanks.

Sakletare
12-10-04, 00:53
The canyon is still under the protection of the Twilight Guardian, we might have moved but the canyon is still liberated territory. Hands off! :p

Krush
12-10-04, 01:22
Would be a big mess if Pro & anti city had apartments in the same place.

But it could also be very interesting

Maybe have an outpost where only pro city cant have apartments near leveling area

-FN-
12-10-04, 01:27
Would be a big mess if Pro & anti city had apartments in the same place.

Military Base? Tech Haven? Pepper Park? Outzone? o_O Or has this changed...

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 01:33
Military Base? Tech Haven? Pepper Park? Outzone? o_O Or has this changed...
MB OZ and PP.
TH would technically fall under the same rules as TG, though I wouldn't mind seeing that sanction be lifted from TH, TG though I'd prefer it to stay.

There's nothing in TG Canyon except an FA Epic bloke, some smugglers and some (albiet poor) exp.

Sorin
12-10-04, 01:37
TG though I'd prefer it to stay.

Yet

There's nothing in TG Canyon except an FA Epic bloke, some smugglers and some (albiet poor) exp.

:wtf: I'm a tad lost.

And it's not TG Canyon. No you TGs dont control or protect it anymore. No it's not yours anymore. Besides, it doesn't even say TG Canyon anymore, it's named "Old Canyon" now.

Candaman
12-10-04, 01:42
actually theres a faction restriction on all apts atm as far as i know clan leaders can't register clan apts cus are enemys to the faction oO

Sorin
12-10-04, 01:45
actually theres a faction restriction on all apts atm as far as i know clan leaders can't register clan apts cus are enemys to the faction oO

So TG's who somehow end up with a clan apartment in the old canyon can't set it as the primary apartment? Wonder how the hell that works :confused:

Some canyon you TGs "control", eh? :lol:

Lift primary apartment restriction in the canyon please.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 02:50
Actually, if you bring a PPU or two that place is sick for leveling.

Mid-level fire mobs and it also has a rank 85 mob that's on the floor.

PS: Whatever happened to the idea of TH, MB, and the Canyon being huge OP buildings, or was I just dreaming? o_O

Krush
12-10-04, 03:41
that would be awesome if they were made ops

especially TG canyon not TH

Sorin
12-10-04, 04:49
It's great even without a PPU. I'm rockin that place solo on my M-C Tank. Oh, and the ones on the floor are 95/95. They're those awesome Giant Black Scorpions or whatever they're called, from El Farid. The ones that spawn the little 50/50 ones. I work the Raptors though.

Anyways, to reiterate: Remove primary apartment restriction from the NOT TG Canyon please! :)

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 06:02
Yeah, that's true.

You can just zone in and out of the caves there. :)

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 08:53
Maybe have an outpost where only pro city cant have apartments near leveling area Do you even know how funny that sounds? :lol:

Well, I'm all for the idea of wasteland appys, hell it was my brainport post from god knows how long when I said clans should have their own UG appys in wastes where they only place their entrance in some secret location of their desire.

And the appy itself is a huge UG like OPs have :D Well, atleast I know my ideas were ahead of my time.

Besides, it doesn't even say TG Canyon anymore, it's named "Old Canyon" now.
Oh, and OLD Spice (the deodorant not some mature spice girl) isn't spice anymore because it is called OLD Spice, pfft, talk to the hand because you can't talk to my face, we are in the internet.

Sorin
12-10-04, 09:19
Oh, and OLD Spice (the deodorant not some mature spice girl) isn't spice anymore because it is called OLD Spice, pfft, talk to the hand because you can't talk to my face, we are in the internet.

What the hell are you talking about?

Old Spice has nothing to do with being spice or not. Same goes for the Canyon. Doesn't matter whether it's a New Canyon or an Old Canyon. It's not Old TG Canyon, it's just Old Canyon. It has nothing to do with TG. Neither in name nor in presence. They abandoned the place. They thus give up all claims and rights to it. They didn't even leave a road sign or soldier behind.

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 09:30
So... if we invade plaza1 we can keep it?
Aw right boys let's go the innards of neocron is ours to take, not to mention, I guess PP3 in owned by a random PK all the time?

Sorin
12-10-04, 09:49
So... if we invade plaza1 we can keep it?
Aw right boys let's go the innards of neocron is ours to take, not to mention, I guess PP3 in owned by a random PK all the time?

I give up on you. You haven't been drinking tonight have you?

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 10:07
I wouldn't be drinking while I'm at work, now would I. Not everyone lives in your timezone.

Ah forget it.. the point was that even FA doesn't live in Tech Haven we still look it as home, hell some of us even live there. And same goes with Canyons and TGs, canyons just happens to be infested with flying and crawling fire breathing creepy fuzzy wussies. Same goes with TH, there just happen to be less FA activity and more traders it is still the place where we dwell.

Sorin
12-10-04, 10:20
Of course. There's nothing wrong with thinking of it as still being home and all that. But my issue is that in game, there is no TG presence left inside the canyon. There's nothing left there to indicate to us or even a new player that there was ever TG based there. So when you get the "You are hostile to the local faction. Activation of this GenRep denied" message, it doesn't make sense because technically, there is no local faction there. So getting your shiny new apartment, and not being able to set it as your primary is kind of frustrating, especially when you get a mesage talking about a faction that doesn't live there.

Again, nothing wrong with still viewing either TG or TH as home, I probably would too. It's just that there's not a presence of either faction in either area. One became neutral ground and one was totally abandoned.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:32
when the canyon had grims spawning in it it was good xp... now its piss poor

12-10-04, 12:16
Can someone post the prices the apartment smuggler is selling for please

Thanks

Sakletare
12-10-04, 12:59
Can someone post the prices the apartment smuggler is selling for please

Thanks
An apartment in the canyon costs 103k.

And to the people arguing about "TG Canyon", it was never called that. It was "Canyon", now it's "Old Canyon".

Dribble Joy
12-10-04, 13:08
On the subject of apts; can non CMs activate/set to primary, MB apts?

Fucking hope not.

Superbron
12-10-04, 13:13
Just wondering: is there still some sort of a Genrep in the 'whateveryoumaycallit' canyon?

12-10-04, 13:14
An apartment in the canyon costs 103k.

And to the people arguing about "TG Canyon", it was never called that. It was "Canyon", now it's "Old Canyon".

Thanks

Redd Harvest
12-10-04, 13:27
Just wondering: is there still some sort of a Genrep in the 'whateveryoumaycallit' canyon?
Nope.

Superbron
12-10-04, 13:49
On the subject of apts; can non CMs activate/set to primary, MB apts?

Fucking hope not.Why, what is your problem with that Dribble?

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 14:06
TG activating them and using it as a base for raids.

happened in NC1 :p

Superbron
12-10-04, 14:24
TG activating them and using it as a base for raids.

happened in NC1 :pI thought hostiles couldn't activate a MB app as primary. Oh wait, but off course activate as neutral, switch to TG and then the primary status of your MB app remains. Easy solution: whenever you change faction all appartments in hostile territory should be lost.

OT: Now I think of it, here is just an idea about faction-changing: the faction changing fee shouldn't be paid to the faction you want to join, but should be paid to the faction you want to leave. If you can't/won't pay the 300k, you should be regarded as a traitor and hunted as an eternal enemy of the faction you left.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 14:27
I thought hostiles couldn't activate a MB app as primary. Oh wait, but off course activate as neutral, switch to TG and then the primary status of your MB app remains. Easy solution: whenever you change faction all appartments in hostile territory should be lost.

OT: Now I think of it, here is just an idea about faction-changing: the faction changing fee shouldn't be paid to the faction you want to join, but should be paid to the faction you want to leave. If you can't/won't pay the 300k, you should be regarded as a traitor and hunted as an eternal enemy of the faction you left.

just stop non-CM from registering. way easier (and they are mercinaries... thats their "military base". why would they let anyone live there? you dont see the army selling beds in its barraks (sp?)

Superbron
12-10-04, 14:56
just stop non-CM from registering. way easier (and they are mercinaries... thats their "military base". why would they let anyone live there? you dont see the army selling beds in its barraks (sp?)Ok, that makes sense. Who wants to live among mercenaries? :p

Anyway: I feel that TH and the ... Canyon should be opened to any faction: anyone should be able to buy an appartment at those places.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 14:58
Ok, that makes sense. Who wants to live among mercenaries? :p

Anyway: I feel that TH and the ... Canyon should be opened to any faction: anyone should be able to buy an appartment at those places.

who has access to the keys? the only ones who could still have keys for the apts (RP wise) is TG themselves, and are they likely to let pro NC live there?

12-10-04, 16:40
who has access to the keys? the only ones who could still have keys for the apts (RP wise) is TG themselves, and are they likely to let pro NC live there?

Smuggler now sells them (apparently) - that makes them a free for all in my book

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 17:06
Smuggler now sells them (apparently) - that makes them a free for all in my book

however you dont make the game...

what are they in KK's book?

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 18:38

I found out the hard way.

On my trek of tagging all the WL GR's (which I finally completed), I went to the "Old" Canyon to see if the GR was still there but upon coming to it all that was there was boxes and junk.

I then proceded to get eaten alive by the mobs there. :(

Sorin
13-10-04, 21:34
From the Patch 112 Notes:

- Fixed apartment GenRep activation restrictions:
+ Outzone/Techtown/Canyon apartments: no restrictions

K thanks. :)

Superbron
14-10-04, 13:56
Let's make the ... Canyon the home of Anarchy Breed. I think those would be nice to fill up the place instead of TG. This way the ... Canyon still remains anti-city somehow.

Nevertheless anyone should be able to activate an appartment there, because it's total anarchy anyways... ;)

epij
25-11-04, 16:54
i just bought some furnished app in the old canyon from a smuggler and i was able to register it, but the lift wount let me go to my app.

so, either the fact that me as CM are unwanted and i just can't have an app there or its some bug (which i hope is :)

anyway, for usability reasons and that ppl dont waste money, dont let the app smuggler talk to ppl who cant have an app there. its a bit frustrating wasting hours to try to hack your own app :/ (apart from the fact that you blew 100k that way, and prolly blow another 100k, cuz one good explorer goes trial & error and will try the unfurnished as well :P )

Obsidian X
25-11-04, 17:15
I'm really not understanding this at all.... has this feature been added recently? My Proto Melee tank has a primary app in the canyon, never gave me any problems at all. Been living and levelling off the firemobs there for some time now. That said, I did buy my app a few patches ago, maybe its a recent change...?

Serpent
25-11-04, 17:39
I activated a tg app today, and set it as a prim. app

and it works :D

epij
25-11-04, 18:30
app in TG sector is not what we talk about :)

or you really mean the old canyon apps ? cuz it wount let me change my pass, and with lifting to the default "-" i keep ending up at someone else's place (of course)

Spoon
25-11-04, 18:51
Changing new apartment passwords has been bugged since the last patch.

You'll be able to change the password and use your new apartment when they fix it...

epij
25-11-04, 18:55
... when they fix it...

:lol:

Clive tombstone
25-11-04, 20:54
Man, i wish they could "re-vamp" the canyon Apps, there way to small =P, how about making the Canyon aps, the old "TG" clan apps or something? that would be cool? I mean, this whole living in the side of a mountain thing is cool, but this is even a little clasterphobic, even for me. How about that?

PS- I can access my apt, no problem, but the fire mobs on the other hand piss me off =P.

Spoon
25-11-04, 21:02
:lol:

What?

Should have I said "if" they fix it?

:confused:

Znurf
25-11-04, 21:39
So now there is no "safe" place for us weaker guys to levelup? The canyon was a great place to levelup my MC Tank, but now, as soon as i go there, i see 2-5 CAs sitting there just waiting to frag my ass ;P

So what now, back to storage lv8? :P

*whine* Stopid, give us the cave back! ;P Or restrict PK ;P Auto-LE aura when you enter ;P lol

Asurmen Spec Op
25-11-04, 21:58
So now there is no "safe" place for us weaker guys to levelup? The canyon was a great place to levelup my MC Tank, but now, as soon as i go there, i see 2-5 CAs sitting there just waiting to frag my ass ;P

So what now, back to storage lv8? :P

*whine* Stopid, give us the cave back! ;P Or restrict PK ;P Auto-LE aura when you enter ;P lol
ooorr get friends and kill the CA

Killfly
25-11-04, 22:12

What if you don't have any friends? :(

I died there 3 times trying to get my APU through the last part of the epic :( :lol: Gave up in the end... Of course - it might've helped if I'd known where I was 'running for dear life' to, but instead I just kept getting lost...

... And then the smugglers started psi-ing my ass too :lol:

Serpent
25-11-04, 22:29
app in TG sector is not what we talk about :)

or you really mean the old canyon apps ? cuz it wount let me change my pass, and with lifting to the default "-" i keep ending up at someone else's place (of course)

old canyon :D

LiL T
26-11-04, 00:07
No one should be there its highly radiated from nuclear fall out why do you think TG has left it infact people spending long periods of time in it should suffer . bollicks to this CA can move into it I suprized the mobs survive in it so soon after a nuclear explosion

virgil caine
26-11-04, 00:08
I have not noticed a problem I have 2 apts in the canyon, both are primary apt GR's.

LiL T
26-11-04, 00:24
It is and allways will be my home and birth place

you pro city go in there you will be removed I will destroy your lives .....

Mr Kot
26-11-04, 00:30
I have not noticed a problem I have 2 apts in the canyon, both are primary apt GR's.

Yeah, me too. Dunno what the problem is. It's just about the only place you can rep to in there. I was a tad disappointed there is no public rep.

Besides, it doesn't even say TG Canyon anymore, it's named "Old Canyon" now.

Yup, somebody tell the NC cartographer. New worldmap next patch, anyone?

Znurf
26-11-04, 01:15

i have no friends that can do that!!! :P
And even if i had 1, they are always more than 2 and after they killed me and i run back they are 3 more :P so then its like 5 ppl ;P capped, ofcourse... :/