PDA

View Full Version : Acclaim Entertainment to distribute NC2

Martin J. Schwiezer
11-10-04, 18:12
Just a short announcement to let you know that Acclaim Entertainment, Germany will distribute the boxed version NC2 in the German speaking territories. Distributors for other territories will be announced later.

Link to Acclaim's German website: Click (http://www.acclaim.de). Please note that Acclaim Germany operates independently from Acclaim international.

Here is a little preview of the cover artwork:

tkNukem
11-10-04, 18:14
fancy.
doesn't acclaim release stuff in america too?

___T-X____
11-10-04, 18:14
Sweet....for Germany :)

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:16
yeah i know acclaim in the UK too :p

and always with the skimpily clad girls on the cover... why isnt my player model like that :p

still, nice to see something positive happening

:edit:

mass marketing NC2 beofre c2p issues, mem leaks, etc are resolved will be suicide. im sure KK realise the c2p is a real high priority and im sure you dont need to hear this again... but i had to point it out :p

Selendor
11-10-04, 18:20
Ok I might be on about the wrong company here, but didn't Acclaim international just go bust? Who was supposed to be publishing Juiced? Can't remember...

Edit - Tank PA on the cover, truly a great design, we slate things like the Private Eye Power Armour, but I have to say that, and the Spy PA are really great.

Tratos
11-10-04, 18:24
cool :) but like when will we know about other countires? :p

stickify?

Redd Harvest
11-10-04, 18:26
With those fingers, she'd make a great organ player... ;)

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:29
Ok I might be on about the wrong company here, but didn't Acclaim international just go bust? Who was supposed to be publishing Juiced? Can't remember...

http://www.pgnx.net/news.php?page=full&id=5936

seems so... :wtf:

well i thought the good news wouldnt last

:edit: i assume its the same acclaim... the website MJS links too is the acclaim i know (or one with the same logo :p)

Spoon
11-10-04, 18:30
Isn't that your girlfriend on the box cover, Mr. Schwiezer?

She looks familiar.....

Tratos
11-10-04, 18:31
Just a short announcement to let you know that Acclaim Entertainment, Germany will distribute the boxed version NC2 in the German speaking territories. Distributors for other territories will be announced later.

Link to Acclaim's German website: Click (http://www.acclaim.de). Please note that Acclaim Germany operates independently from Acclaim international.

.....whats the worry?

Redd Harvest
11-10-04, 18:35
Martin J. Schwiezer: "Please note that Acclaim Germany operates independently from Acclaim international."

EDIT - Beaten to it, but gonna keep it there for the benefit of the visually impaired.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:38
ill stop posting in this thread then... :angel:

Candaman
11-10-04, 19:04
can i have a personal get together with the bird off the cover?

MegaCorp
11-10-04, 19:23
Very nice box art. Quite professional. Much better than the original.

But as to your choice of publisher ... a subsidiary of a bankrupt company?!? Sorry, but it makes me laugh. So appropriate given KK's/Neocron's history to date.

Spook @ [???]

.Cyl0n
11-10-04, 19:25
that cover is damn sexy .. i want that skin for my pe :angel:

Hell-demon
11-10-04, 19:26
Very sexy cover! owns all!

Better than nc1 cover :D

[TgR]KILLER
11-10-04, 19:26
well yea @ least solve the mem leaks first.. lol.. mem ingame says something like 2/2900 ( just a nice figure ) but thats kinda shit ;)

ow and fix c2p.. i wanna pay myself next time not rely on husk to pay for meh

Selendor
11-10-04, 19:28
.....whats the worry?

I saw it the first time, but I was trying to point out that if they are bust then you won't see a worldwide deal with them via the international wing, they'll have to go looking for a different publisher.

msdong
11-10-04, 19:29
...But as to your choice of publisher ... a subsidiary of a bankrupt company?!? Sorry, but it makes me laugh. ...

wheres the problem with that ? same name is not same company.
i work for Woolworth Germany wich has nothing to do with any other Woolworth in the world. we dont give a fuck if i.e. Woolworth england go to hell.

Maester Seymour
11-10-04, 21:10
Love the box design :D, i know i'd pick that up if i saw it in a shop.

darknessfairy
11-10-04, 22:11
Well not to critisize but the tank has the cannon on the wrong shoulder. And damn my PE doesnt look that hot, i want that model... i mean i think i'd turn lesbian if i saw that walking in the street

NS_CHROME54
11-10-04, 22:37
i can see kk going with Interplay or something for international publishing :rolleyes:

phunqe
11-10-04, 22:45
i mean i think i'd turn lesbian if i saw that walking in the street

*meditates*

www.disney.com
www.disney.com
www.disney.com
www.disney.com
www.disney.com
www.disney.com

Drexel
11-10-04, 23:18
Onoz, is that the caseing still on the bullet after its been fired ?, how embarrising, sorry, just one of my pet hates that happens all too often. :(

Otherwise, not bad cover, when do i get my female PE skin with stomach tattoos ? & with clothes that show them off.

X - Vote 1 for bikini PE's

(*Considering buying box even after already paying for 2 upgrades)

msdong
11-10-04, 23:20
... And damn my PE doesnt look that hot,...

its all about the belly ;)

but wait - its about the game cover not the "dreamgirl"

btw - why is everyone calling "her" a PE - maybe shes spy ....

jernau
11-10-04, 23:33
btw - why is everyone calling "her" a PE - maybe shes spy ....
There's no swirly so she could be any class.

She looks a bit Andersonish - maybe she's a monk.

DigestiveBiscui
11-10-04, 23:34
......a cover doesn't make it a better game

Xian
11-10-04, 23:37
Sells it though, which means more money, more people to work on the game if they spend it right and as a result possibly quicker fixes. Hopefully.

Dribble Joy
11-10-04, 23:37
Sex. :D

BunkerBoy
11-10-04, 23:52
nice box art...but there are a few noticeable mistakes. =P

Mumblyfish
11-10-04, 23:57
Acc... Acclaim? Oh my fuck. Acclaim just refuse to fucking die. I thought I was finally free of their legacy of titles that were so bad puppies ran away from them in fear. For every decent game we got multiple Shaq Fu. Seriously, I want Neocron to run as far from Acclaim as possible. Guess I'm just gonna have to go and get the wooden stake, the holy water, and the chainsaw. Can't be too sure these days, and I want them to stay down.

Neocron - Brought to you by the same people that did Turok and it's wonderful ad campaign! I can't wait to see the adverts... Neocron imprinted on the penises of dead people? Anyway, I digress. It's not like Neocron could've really hoped for any better. But it's nice to see the boxart suffers from the "HAY GUYZ, I'M NOT IN THE GAME, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH NEOCRON OLOLOLFAG" syndrome, as with NC1's box. I'd have preferred it with just the GenTank dead centre, and no irrelevant bitch there.

jernau
12-10-04, 00:04
But it's nice to see the boxart suffers from the "HAY GUYZ, I'M NOT IN THE GAME, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH NEOCRON OLOLOLFAG" syndrome, as with NC1's box. I'd have preferred it with just the GenTank dead centre, and no irrelevant bitch there.Actually I think the box is a big improvent - it doesn't have people duel wielding pistols, it doesn't have helicopters, it doesn't have monks with rifles, etc. etc.

The woman isn't that big a stretch from the ingame characters in terms of style. It might have been a nice idea to put the PE from the demo-vid on there instead to start some consistent branding but that's just an idea.

MrChumble
12-10-04, 00:06
Mumbly...yer being more negative than me. That should worry you a lot.

I love that cover art. It will draw the eye and look sexy. If people later find it bears no relation to the game who gives a monkeys, they'll have bought it and logged in by then :D

Acclaim are a bigger publisher than I expected KK to get, so that's good news. The continuing blackout on International news is less good. Throw us a bone here already MJS O_o

naimex
12-10-04, 00:07
Actually I think the box is a big improvent - it doesn't have people duel wielding pistols, it doesn't have helicopters, it doesn't have monks with rifles, etc. etc.

The woman isn't that big a stretch from the ingame characters in terms of style. It might have been a nice idea to put the PE from the demo-vid on there instead to start some consistent branding but that's about all.

but just like neocron 1, itīs wrong..

you canīt look sexy in nc2
you canīt change clothes in nc2
you canīt change hairs in nc2
you canīt fly a helicopter as shown on the image
you canīt see the skyskrapers when you fly to nc
you canīt do an air assault on the city

and in nc1

you couldnīt successfully be a pistol tank,
you couldnīt get the cool latex outfit the girl was wearing.

The box promises something the game canīt deliver...

and that pisses people off, not getting what they expect.

40$Poser
12-10-04, 00:14

Nice, tho hopefully the North American boxed release won't be looked over. Acclaim releasing it in North America would be great, but from all signs of the above quoted, that isn't going to happen yet.

Just a thought, why bother posting this in the english forum if this only concerns the german speaking regions? That doesn't make too much sense.

BlackDove
12-10-04, 00:19
But it's nice to see the boxart suffers from the "HAY GUYZ, I'M NOT IN THE GAME, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH NEOCRON OLOLOLFAG" syndrome, as with NC1's box. I'd have preferred it with just the GenTank dead centre, and no irrelevant bitch there.

From my point of view, I hate the bitch on the box. From the point of view of stupid people who will stop and look at it because of the girl, she should really stay.

StrongSad
12-10-04, 00:38
but just like neocron 1, itīs wrong..

you canīt look sexy in nc2
you canīt change clothes in nc2
you canīt change hairs in nc2
you canīt fly a helicopter as shown on the image
you canīt see the skyskrapers when you fly to nc
you canīt do an air assault on the city

??

You cant tell me the female sex emote isnt hot.... :D And how does that box imply you can change clothes/hair, fly helicopters (I dont see any!!), or do air assaults on a city??? It shows a city with a hover bomber. How are people looking at the box, like you suggest, going to assume you can assault the city with helicopters in a hot babe with custom clothes? O_o

naimex
12-10-04, 00:41
??

You cant tell me the female sex emote isnt hot.... :D And how does that box imply you can change clothes/hair, fly helicopters (I dont see any!!), or do air assaults on a city??? It shows a city with a hover bomber. How are people looking at the box, like you suggest, going to assume you can assault the city with helicopters in a hot babe with custom clothes? O_o

ok i take the helicopters halfway back..

itīs still used in the image when you enter the game, with all the helicopters on their way to the big city.

and just because the sex emote is hot, doesnt mean the chicks are hot..

iīve seen 1 hot chick in all of nc2.. and i canīt be like her, because the transfer phase gave wrong impressions of what my char would look like with that hairstyle..

and so far, there is no way to change hairstyle again..

rokkwear has been broken ever since nc2 came up.. worked fine in nc1..

BlackDove
12-10-04, 00:43
Sucked in NC1 tho. Badly. It'd reset as soon as you'd zone a few times.

And this time, different models = different code for rokkwear probably.

Anyway, screwed either way.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 01:01
Just a thought, why bother posting this in the english forum if this only concerns the german speaking regions? That doesn't make too much sense.

any communication is good...

shows KK are awake and doing something :)

Krush
12-10-04, 01:17
Sexy girl gets thumbs up ;) ;) ;)

If my Alt looked like that I would definetly be playing alot more :D

tkNukem
12-10-04, 02:00
lol at the bullet cartridges. meh who cares if the casings are still on the bullet, it adds to the effect that she's wielding some kickass sexy gun that fires two shots from separate barrels.
and yeah, her fingers are so long D: kinky!
that tank's stance seems a bit feminine - hope it's a female! D:

BaDDaSS
12-10-04, 02:12
Stupid choice from KK again. n1 gj wp

40$Poser
12-10-04, 04:54
any communication is good...

shows KK are awake and doing something :)

it's good to see that, but... I mean. Are we going to see mass advertisement in North America which is home to a decent sized customer base possibly?

Good to see things rolling, just... meh, what about North America? :0

Inchenzo
12-10-04, 05:19
umm,... what happened to bigben ? i thought they would distribute nc2 ?

:wtf:

40$Poser
12-10-04, 05:56

this could turn into a episode of jerry springer featuring publishers and affairs? 0_o

Seven
12-10-04, 06:31

They probably read the forums and said fuck that shit. :p

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 06:38
Acclaim... lol

Vampire222
12-10-04, 07:09
Acclaim ownz.... http://www.acclaim.de/spiele_showone.php4?ID=91

Eat that CDV!!!!

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 08:21

Eat that CDV!!!!

wtf is that? o_O

msdong
12-10-04, 08:45
...Neocron - Brought to you by the same people that did ....

FORSAKEN - YEaHHH - one cool game after we had enough of Decent

kurai
12-10-04, 08:50

Eat that CDV!!!!If CDV had that franchise it would soon be "Where in The World Are Lula Sandiego's ... Clothes" and look like this :-

http://www.hrmmm.co.uk/nc/lula_sandiego.jpg

MrChumble
12-10-04, 08:54
That's a good question, what did happen to BigBen? :confused:

12-10-04, 12:11
As long as KK dont overlook those of us who brought the game online and want a retail box (obviously sans the free month)

Nidhogg
12-10-04, 12:54
Without knowing the details of KK's legal arrangements, my view on things is that 10T co-fund KK as a development sponsor (a little like a German "Gathering Of Developers"). BigBen Interactive are still the publishers of Neocron and Acclaim have now been named as the German distributors. Publisher != Distributor.

N

Frotto
12-10-04, 12:59
As long as KK dont overlook those of us who brought the game online and want a retail box (obviously sans the free month)
They will... but just wait a couple months after retail release... because it will be 9.99 in stores because KK won't advertise and most people won't invest into a MMORPG w/o hearing something about it first. Man... i think thats the first negative thing i've ever said about KK... Ever! Its the beginning of a new era. maybe not.

Nidhogg
12-10-04, 13:08
KK won't advertise and most people won't invest into a MMORPG w/o hearing something about it first.
Er, developer != publisher either.

N

El_MUERkO
12-10-04, 14:03
Acclaim!

Sweeetnessss!!!!!

A decent publisher :)

Darth Slayer
12-10-04, 18:19
can i have a personal get together with the bird off the cover?
Why you would'nt know what to do with her if you did....... :p

Scorpius.

Doc Holliday
12-10-04, 18:55
Why you would'nt know what to do with her if you did....... :p

Scorpius.

and u would. hrhrhrhr 8| :p

tiikeri
12-10-04, 21:32
there is still this one thing bugging me with these things....

Germany,Germany,Germany,Germany..................

Vampire222
12-10-04, 21:37
damn you... id almost make a reference to something i would be likely to get a warning for... yea, the germany germany stuff is anoying... but well, they want to (obviously) create a playerbase in their homecountry first

tiikeri
12-10-04, 21:39
But if you want to be BIG, you gotta make it worldwide...not just the close quarters. (perhaps they even don't want to get BIG)

Or perhaps they think that Germany is the worlds belly? Dunno....

Nidhogg
12-10-04, 21:51
Or maybe they're a small developer who don't want to overextend themselves and end up bust like a growing number of MMOG devs are doing these days. Small steps...

N

tiikeri
12-10-04, 22:05
Small steps...

N

Thats just.. overrated ;)

I bet there is much more better way to bring it out than just repeating Germany,Germany,Germany..

MrChumble
12-10-04, 22:29
Or maybe they're a small developer who don't want to overextend themselves and end up bust like a growing number of MMOG devs are doing these days. Small steps...

N
The cynical would think that running n m,orpg for 2 years is allittle bigger than a small step maybe more like a giant leap. But its ok I am not cynical I think KK will do fine and maybe there will be advertising in the UK in 2008 or so.

40$Poser
13-10-04, 02:22
there is still this one thing bugging me with these things....

Germany,Germany,Germany,Germany..................

lol

kinda like that monster truck rally advertisement thing

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!

Please, just for the sake of everything sensible. Make sure to advertise in North America

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 10:58
The cynical would think that running n m,orpg for 2 years is allittle bigger than a small step maybe more like a giant leap.
The thing that virtually everyone fails to realise is that KK have made a two year commitment to you, to stand by you and to keep the game running. I read an independant editorial comment in this month's PC Zone where they point out that KK, while being a small company, have committed to keeping Neocron running and are even growing when all around developers are folding - they even urge other developers to take note!

Don't be thinking that MJS bought his Rolexes and his Porches off the back of Neocron. ;) KK and 10T have to carefully control their revenue and expenditure plans if they are to survive and grow their business, much like any other company in any other industry. This announcement illustrates that KK and 10T have taken another step in seeking to secure Neocron's future which can only be good news. Other regions will come in time but only on a safe financial footing.

N

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:48
they even urge other developers to take note! as long as they dont take note of some of KK's coaser qualities (oppoite of finer qualities? :p)

KK and 10T have taken another step in seeking to secure Neocron's future which can only be good news.

agreed

Rieke
13-10-04, 16:22
Without knowing the details of KK's legal arrangements, my view on things is that 10T co-fund KK as a development sponsor (a little like a German "Gathering Of Developers"). BigBen Interactive are still the publishers of Neocron and Acclaim have now been named as the German distributors. Publisher != Distributor.

N

Thats not the same like MJS said ...

MJS said :

Mit Big Ben gab es noch einige Unstimmigkeiten, so dass man sich kurzerhand bezuegl. des Distributors einvernehmlich umentschieden hat.

It means KK/T10 got some discrepancies with BigBen so that they (amicable) ad hoc (in a short time?) decided an other Distributor.

And he said:

Nur noch mal zur Abgrenzung: Man muss klar festhalten, dass Acclaim "nur" den Vertrieb (die Distribution) macht. Publisher ist und bleibt natuerlich die 10TACLE STUDIOS AG.

That means that Acclaim will "only" do the distribution. The Publisher "is" and will be 10TACLE STUDIOS AG.

(Sorry for my crap english .. )

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 16:29
You could well be right. I've not seen anything to that effect posted in English yet but that's not to say you're incorrect. I'll try and confirm that.

N

/edit - obviously MJS know's what he's talking about so assume Rieke is correct. Thanks for the info.

ladyattis
13-10-04, 18:15
I think though the whole system of Neocron needs an overhaul but to do that KK needs money but to do that again an overhaul to attract new customers and previous customers. It's an odd loop to break. I think the biggest means to breaking this loop is to look for game developing firm in the US or another major country to assist. Although this may mean KK loses a significant control over creativity in the game's development, they can hope to retain creative control at the loss of financial control. As for the box, it seems dated in its styling. I would prefer a simple logo of the game with maybe some backdrop images of the game itself. I think they have a good idea but the implementation was way off[with the exception of aiming, I love that thing better than AO's!] base from the concept.

For NC2 to suceed, KK needs to pull off a miracle of game design improvement. They need to expand the quality of the models used, improve map design and controls. They also need to expand the physics engine and such.

But back to the choice of distributor. Bad choice all the way, they needed someone better. EA, M$, Epic but not Acclaim, I haven't played a game by them since I had an NES unit. :p

I really had hopes for this game but being new I tried the game but I had to cancel I just wasn't sastified with it at this time. Course most mmorpgs I'm not sastified with right now.

-- Bridget

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 18:35
I think though the whole system of Neocron needs an overhaul but to do that KK needs money but to do that again an overhaul to attract new customers and previous customers. It's an odd loop to break. I think the biggest means to breaking this loop is to look for game developing firm in the US or another major country to assist. Although this may mean KK loses a significant control over creativity in the game's development, they can hope to retain creative control at the loss of financial control. As for the box, it seems dated in its styling. I would prefer a simple logo of the game with maybe some backdrop images of the game itself. I think they have a good idea but the implementation was way off[with the exception of aiming, I love that thing better than AO's!] base from the concept.

For NC2 to suceed, KK needs to pull off a miracle of game design improvement. They need to expand the quality of the models used, improve map design and controls. They also need to expand the physics engine and such.

But back to the choice of distributor. Bad choice all the way, they needed someone better. EA, M$, Epic but not Acclaim, I haven't played a game by them since I had an NES unit. :p

I really had hopes for this game but being new I tried the game but I had to cancel I just wasn't sastified with it at this time. Course most mmorpgs I'm not sastified with right now.

-- Bridget

KK arent a big well known company and NC isn a widely played MMORPG. they arent going to get M$ or someone to work with them.

as for the "improvements" you suggest... the map design is fine, controls are good, models are ok (not cyber punky enough for me, little cartoony, but still ok).

KK needs to fix the errors, and add whats promised. if they manage that without any extra things (like map design) then i will be impressed with the game.

if the current bugs were fixed and item tracking and player shops were inplemented NC woiuld be a game i would recommend to people.

Darth Slayer
13-10-04, 18:38
and u would. hrhrhrhr 8| :p
Well yes being a man of the world and all. Now get back in your Box...... :p

Scorpius.

Whitestuff
13-10-04, 19:37
Nice cover art. And the US box release date will be??? I gotta know cause if it comes out b4 the deadline for old character deletion, I would much rather have the boxed version.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 19:41
Nice cover art. And the US box release date will be??? I gotta know cause if it comes out b4 the deadline for old character deletion, I would much rather have the boxed version.

who wouldnt?

however they currently dont even have a US distributer so i wouldnt expect a date yet

ladyattis
13-10-04, 21:46
Yea I'm a picky bitch about the game. I think they could do better on the models mainly. The map level part is that I think some of the levels need to be well more unique in some ways. Course I never left the central plaza. I did go to the cityadmin area and to biotech's closed zoo area. But that was it. I might reissue a new trial soon to try it out again but right now I got irl bills to pay for[I hate my car insurance company!!!]. :(

-- Bridget

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 21:56
Seriously, if the furthest you got from Plaza was the Neocron zoo you really have no justification to say that Neocron's all very "samey". ;)

N

QuantumDelta
13-10-04, 22:00
Seriously, if the furthest you got from Plaza was the Neocron zoo you really have no justification to say that Neocron's all very "samey". ;)

N
Most MMORPGs are like that though, it's one of the bonuses to neocron imo, you don't have to spend years in the same spot leveling before you can go elsewhere.

Martin J. Schwiezer
13-10-04, 22:57

:wtf:Big Ben pretty much ceased ALL their publishing/distribution activities and will focus on hardware and accessoires for PCs (such as keyboards, gamepads etc.). Big Ben will only continue to publish a low budget software line, but no more full budget titles.

Acclaim Germany is pretty much totally independent from Acclaim US. Acclaim Germany will most likely not even be affected through the problem Acclaim US has, since they are able to act independently (with own budgets and products). They do have a very good distribution system in Germany, that's why we picked them to work with us.

MrChumble
13-10-04, 23:02
Acclaim Germany is pretty much totally independent from Acclaim US. Acclaim Germany will most likely not even be affected through the problem Acclaim US has, since they are able to act independently (with own budgets and products). They do have a very good distribution system in Germany, that's why we picked them to work with us.That's great news...if you're German! Oddly most people on this forum aren't :D

I wish you'd give us some news (any news!) about the International side of things. I'm really glad things are going well in Germany, that can only be good for KK and so us in the long run, but the news blackout on the International front is quite depressing :(

Edit: I just found this on the 10tacle homepage:

Starting November, the epic end time title Neocron 2 - Beyond Dome of York will be officially out in the stores.
November eh? Is that true, or out of date? :)

jernau
13-10-04, 23:11
You avoided two potential pit-falls there then.

Nice :)

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:46
That's great news...if you're German! Oddly most people on this forum aren't :D

I wish you'd give us some news (any news!) about the International side of things. I'm really glad things are going well in Germany, that can only be good for KK and so us in the long run, but the news blackout on the International front is quite depressing :(

Edit: I just found this on the 10tacle homepage:

November eh? Is that true, or out of date? :)

its quite possible they have no news as of yet :p

MrChumble
14-10-04, 00:17
its quite possible they have no news as of yet :p
No news IS news. Specifically it's bad news ;)

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 00:19
Other regions will come in time but only on a safe financial footing.

N

let them shop around :p

i would rather wait a little bit (note: not months :p) and see a decent company than have KK commit to whoever offrs first :)

MrChumble
14-10-04, 00:26
The thing that virtually everyone fails to realise is that KK have made a two year commitment to you, to stand by you and to keep the game running.
Well...no. You kind of defeat your own argument here. KK are a company and they are in the business of making money. They've commited nothing to me personally or the gamers in general. They offer a service and hope it is good enough to attact enough revenue to grow the service, attract more revenue, etc. As you say just like any company.

I've no complaints about that. I'd prefer to see KK move slowly now and be stronger in the long run. But there's no need to have a total media blackout while they move slowly :p

I guess that saying too much would jeopardise (bleh sp) any ongoing negotiations...but saying too little doesn't keep the customers happy (or maybe just this one).

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 00:31
Well...no. You kind of defeat your own argument here. KK are a company and they are in the business of making money. They've commited nothing to me personally or the gamers in general. They offer a service and hope it is good enough to attact enough revenue to grow the service, attract more revenue, etc. As you say just like any company.

I've no complaints about that. I'd prefer to see KK move slowly now and be stronger in the long run. But there's no need to have a total media blackout while they move slowly :p

I guess that saying too much would jeopardise (bleh sp) any ongoing negotiations...but saying too little doesn't keep the customers happy (or maybe just this one).

seeing progress on the distributer front is good enough for me for now if theres no word on any other countries in the near future im sure ill join you in trying to get answers :)

ladyattis
14-10-04, 02:40
Well then I'll give the trial another try I was bored and cranky. LOL!

-- Bridget

Dribble Joy
14-10-04, 03:54
That's great news...if you're German! Oddly most people on this forum aren't :D
Not the case with the general server populations.
If you look at the server pops, you will see that mars+merc is almost 2x terra, if not more.

Don't want to break any assumptions/ideas about NC, but this game is by far predominantly populatated by german people, the rest of us are a difinate minority.

ladyattis
14-10-04, 04:27
Maybe with the proper use of game mags promotions in the US you 'MIGHT' see an increase of yankees. But then again that might not be what KK needs right now. I think from what I've read from you folks is that they need is more time. And it looks like they're hopping mad with the patches[reminds me of the same things with AO and funcom LOL]. So maybe next year they'll try to push for the US market. I think getting physically distributed in the US is a bit overrated. I mean look at FFXI, it wasn't distro'd in the US and it hit around the 200k mark for accounts[not server pop I have no idea of how many actual individual players there are, I could ask some 'sir' dude that did an article about mmorpgs]. Same with Lineage 1, it had no physical copies for sale, you only paid for the account after beta. And it was crappy compared to what I've seen done out there right now. I really just hope KK doesn't fade away. I think the concept is sound, just needs to get a gfx update which takes more time away from practical updates. :)

-- Bridget

40$Poser
14-10-04, 04:51
Big Ben pretty much ceased ALL their publishing/distribution activities and will focus on hardware and accessoires for PCs (such as keyboards, gamepads etc.). Big Ben will only continue to publish a low budget software line, but no more full budget titles.

Acclaim Germany is pretty much totally independent from Acclaim US. Acclaim Germany will most likely not even be affected through the problem Acclaim US has, since they are able to act independently (with own budgets and products). They do have a very good distribution system in Germany, that's why we picked them to work with us.

That's nice. Any details or anything towards North America?

Any progress in finding a publisher for that area of the world? :(

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 09:43
Not the case with the general server populations.
If you look at the server pops, you will see that mars+merc is almost 2x terra, if not more.

Don't want to break any assumptions/ideas about NC, but this game is by far predominantly populatated by german people, the rest of us are a difinate minority.

although i agree fermany should be marketed...

the lack of US / UK cmopared to germany is exactly the reason why UK/US advertising is needed ASAP :)

good work on the distributer, just be sure to keep it up :)

FatDogg
16-10-04, 16:52
nice box, I like how it actually sorta represents the game...

shodanjr_gr
18-10-04, 02:57
One plead to KK. Dont photshop the screencaps on the back of the new box to make NC2 look like doom 3...you can get sued for that i think :P

And i dont want to even go into the publisher thingie...

THE_TICK!!!!
20-10-04, 06:59
The thing that virtually everyone fails to realise is that KK have made a two year commitment to you, to stand by you and to keep the game running. I read an independant editorial comment in this month's PC Zone where they point out that KK, while being a small company, have committed to keeping Neocron running and are even growing when all around developers are folding - they even urge other developers to take note!

Don't be thinking that MJS bought his Rolexes and his Porches off the back of Neocron. ;) KK and 10T have to carefully control their revenue and expenditure plans if they are to survive and grow their business, much like any other company in any other industry. This announcement illustrates that KK and 10T have taken another step in seeking to secure Neocron's future which can only be good news. Other regions will come in time but only on a safe financial footing.

N i think this is great niddy...but yaknow allot of us would like to be involved in making reactor grow :) how can we help ?

Seven
20-10-04, 09:49
I see it as a two year commitment to them.

BlackDove
24-10-04, 07:05
Well as long as it's separate from the Int. it's all good I guess. Hopefully Neocron won't do this to Acclaim Germany, and Akklaim won't do it to Neocron.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040903l.jpg

If they all stay alive, hopefully the game will be distributed, and everyone will buy it so KK can fix it :wtf:

;)

Xian
24-10-04, 14:25
I hope KK don't advertise internationally until NC2 is far more polished than it is now. They're asking for what happened to NC1 again if they decide to try and sell NC2 as it is.