PDA

View Full Version : Why are we paying more for this?

DigestiveBiscui
11-10-04, 15:29
Just wondered

2 weeks in:

2 rollbacks on terra

atm j01 give u 300 ping +

more bugs

shitter servers

just wondernig KK? u need to swim in more cash for no fucking reason?

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:34
who knows... but unless i see improvement ill not be paying after my free time

Shinto
11-10-04, 15:35
been wondering that myself

although MJS has rolexs i think Holger wants to get in on the rolex action as well now

SpawnTDK
11-10-04, 15:36
a single tear for u

not

Idola
11-10-04, 15:38
Why are we paying them more for this? Simple. It's because we complain about the price but don't actually cancel our subcriptions. o_O

Personally, I haven't been effected by the roll backs and my playing experience has been a comfortable one thus far so I won't be closing my account anytime soon. But, if things WERE that bad I wouldn't hang around to complain about the price; I'd leave quietly.

Endar
11-10-04, 15:39
Actually Im interested more in why do you guys pay for this? It really seems that you belive that you are not getting what you are paying for, you guys say that there are many better MMORPGs out there, you guys say that you leave if they dont "fix this and that ASAP", yeat you complain about it here, on the forum. You dont leave for other MMORPG's, you keep on paying, you keep on whining.

Whats the point?

I mean, Im not paying right now, I have my account, Im trying to learn more about c++, Im playing other games (not MMORPGs) and Im not complaining about anything.

Leaving aint that hard. Just make sure you delete all your chars before canceling your account, it seems that some of you miss your fancy items that you have ingame so much that you dont bother to get em again (I know that some of you really dont have time for it).

Dont post any leaving threads, dont tell anyone, just leave and forget.

Get some real life hobbies, start studying something, try to get a girlfriend, look for a job ect.

It really aint that hard.

:angel:

DigestiveBiscui
11-10-04, 15:39
who knows... but unless i see improvement ill not be paying after my free time

i think a lot of people feel that way :o

borlegan
11-10-04, 15:41
Lets see if it gets improved.
I hope that it will get better NC deserve it.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:42
on a serious note...

we pay more cos theres nothing even in the same league as this in this genre.

KK think we will put up with anything, and for some of us they are right. until something better comes along its this or nothing

:edit: i was considering studying a programming language... i havent programmed since an Acorn Electron was leading technology :p

hudsonbeck
11-10-04, 15:49
i think a lot of people feel that way :o

Same here... I will not be going on if it continues...
Even after the major fuck-up with Saturn as NC1 was coming to an end i decided to give them one last chance, at least they tried a little to help us out after they fucked up big time.

I am not expecting a perfect game; just a few major items need to be addressed...

Hudson

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:50
Same here... I will not be going on if it continues...
Even after the major fuck-up with Saturn as NC1 was coming to an end i decided to give them one last chance, at least they tried a little to help us out after they fucked up big time.

I am not expecting a perfect game; just a few major items need to be addressed...

Hudson

haha...

i lost about 5 hours of lomming on saturn, then the same on Terra due to the roll backs.

its bullshit

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 15:56
Not even microsoft releases a piece of software this buggy.

Imagine Windows Longhorn comming out.

Outlook doens't work, but we're working on it.
Half the shortcuts on your desktop are non functional but we hope to patch these soon.

Also we have some form of memory leak for which you have to restart your computer every 2 hours.

Good things is we have more features, meaning we have made it more difficult to acces programs from the start menu.
Also to make a new document you now have to get a document license from your neighbour.

curik
11-10-04, 16:05
Buggs Gunny: This is not an operating system, you're comparing apples with oranges.

jernau
11-10-04, 16:08
Also to make a new document you now have to get a document license from your neighbour.Actually that one is in Longhorn I think.

IMO some of the stuff now is more like "Mice aren't supported if you're a home user" and "The file browser will be implemented sometime".

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:08
i dunno microsoft have a lot of bugs in there programs.

though there generally not a major show stopping bug.

i think its more like comparing a tangerine to a genetically engineered oversized orange :D

hudsonbeck
11-10-04, 16:19
haha...

i lost about 5 hours of lomming on saturn, then the same on Terra due to the roll backs.

its bullshit

I agree... I lost loming my tank and my droner... took me about a week to complete. I havent had the heart to start loming again.

Atleast they could have done something, anything to compensate us for the majoe fuckup on saturn... almost 3 weeks of lost time due to 'bad' backups is laughable either that or it makes me wanna cry :(

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:21
you know actaully my first few weeks in NC2 are basically gaining the XP i lost in NC1, any chance i can get a NC1 discount for the time in NC2 i was doing NC1 work :p

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:21
i really hope that they are at least learning from their mistakes.

tbh with a worldwide MMORPG i would expect at least 2 seperate copies of the backups in 2 different locations. this would allow for an error on one and the other being used instead.

even if they dont compensate anyone, i would hope they use this fuckup to improve things in the future.

hudsonbeck
11-10-04, 16:28

tbh with a worldwide MMORPG i would expect at least 2 seperate copies of the backups in 2 different locations. this would allow for an error on one and the other being used instead.

even if they dont compensate anyone, i would hope they use this fuckup to improve things in the future.

I agree, I hope they learn from what happened... but past experiances lead me to believe that they havent learned a thing...

What's the old saying? "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Well i say shame on all of us...

Hudson

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:30
I agree, I hope they learn from what happened... but past experiances lead me to believe that they havent learned a thing...

What's the old saying? "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Well i say shame on all of us...

Hudson

i hope someone makes a decent cyber punk MMORPG/FPS soon...

msdong
11-10-04, 18:50
i pay more because there is nothing like NC. when there is something else i will compare both and take the lesser evil.

after all its around 5€ in 6 month and im sure im able to save that.

Arikan
11-10-04, 19:50
www.twilightwar.com

DigestiveBiscui
11-10-04, 23:24
www.twilightwar.com

just looks like an nc clone

i dunno - KK are really pushing it now

Drexel
11-10-04, 23:30
You know I want too play, but I havent really played for about 3 months.

Dont get me wrong, ive been online a lot, but due to the fucked state of the game I havent really been able to do anything.

For the last 2 months fo NC1 Saturn was fucked, drop rates were fucked, missions were fucked, so i tried to level & they rolled me back 3 weeks.

& now construct etc is fucked, player shops are non-existant, Epics are fucked, therefore, ive been online, but havent really achived anything for 3 months.

Starting to wonder what im paying for.

DigestiveBiscui
11-10-04, 23:35
i just see myself logging on then logging off within a few minutes.

I've done everything.....WoC skills are not anything special

jernau
11-10-04, 23:37
WoC skills are not anything special
To be fair we don't know that as they don't work.

QuakCow
11-10-04, 23:37
game seems fine to me...none of the large bugs are realy bothering me...not even the beloved FRE anymore

mishkin
11-10-04, 23:46
Stop paying.

I quit playing, and now I'm gonna study up a bit on programming (basic stuff, I know almost nothing), playing stuff like CrimsonLand nowadays... and it's all good :D

naimex
11-10-04, 23:49
Just wondered

2 weeks in:

2 rollbacks on terra

more bugs

shitter servers

Just 1 question..

are you paying for it ??

I ainīt...

Click2Pay still hasnīt learned how to do a transaction..

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 00:34
Just 1 question..

are you paying for it ??

I ainīt...

Click2Pay still hasnīt learned how to do a transaction..

haha... it took my Ģ11 before it decided to cancel my account.

so ill be occasionally logging on til my times up, then ill switch to FF XI (because of bugs, KK's attitude, C2P and the fact that most people i know have already gone)

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 00:37
Yeah, it's not looking too hot, atm.

Maybe if it was still $10 I could let it slide, but I am debating wheter I should keep paying $15 a month for this, as it's definitely not worth $15.

Hell, it barely passes for $10.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 00:41
[ edited ]

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 00:42
I'd rather play MxO beta. :p

Lexxuk
12-10-04, 00:45
I said ages ago, smart people wouldnt buy NC2 for at least 3 months after it was released, guess I was right :p

KRIMINAL99
12-10-04, 04:22
www.twilightwar.com

Hey this looks kinda cool

40$Poser
12-10-04, 04:50
well by all accounts it seems that the boxed release the last chance for neocron gaining a mass amount of players. Suggestion, make sure to advertise and have a smooth release of the boxed version in North America.

WebShock
12-10-04, 05:01

how do you figure? nc is a scrapbook of every cool sci-fi thing since the early 70's

im surprised we dont have to lug around a pesty r2d2 during out op fights to hack an op.

anything that comes out that resembles scifi will be a nc clone since they took and modified every scifi idea since scifi was out of its trekkie stage. thats an unfair comment.

it doesnt resemble nc at all since we arent running around in live animals during a fight, nor do we have dune buggies or bug eyed cool lookin helmets like those guys in the teaser. biccy, u really arent being fair by saying this.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 06:00
Hey this looks kinda cool

I bet you a cookie it won't be released.

2006, huh? Yeah, we'll see.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 08:16

because games cant spend years in development these days eh? :rolleyes:

MaGn0lia
12-10-04, 08:31
Solution to our problems, a pirated neocron server YAY!

jernau
12-10-04, 09:13

Considering it's not even in alpha yet I can't see what you're basing that on.

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 09:41
because games cant spend years in development these days eh? :rolleyes:

Considering it's not even in alpha yet I can't see what you're basing that on.

I'm basing my statement on my experience with all low key MMORPG's that pop up out of nowhere. They promise all these cool features and everyone's all GiGS over it and then it just vanishes, or the dev team releases a statement saying that production will be halted (*cough* Dragon Empire's *cough*).

Considering it's proposed date of release is in two years in 2006, which I am sure will be delayed, and the people who are creating it I never heard of in my life, I will be hard pressed if it made it to retail with a decent following.

jernau
12-10-04, 10:54
There are just as many that go all the way to market. Unless you've somehow found a way to tell them apart from an amazingly small amount of data at a very early stage (in which case you could make millions) then you are guessing.

I would say a long lead-time is a good sign. It shows they are more realistic than some companies I've seen (**cough**KK**cough**).

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:13
I'm basing my statement on my experience with all low key MMORPG's that pop up out of nowhere. They promise all these cool features and everyone's all GiGS over it and then it just vanishes, or the dev team releases a statement saying that production will be halted (*cough* Dragon Empire's *cough*).

Considering it's proposed date of release is in two years in 2006, which I am sure will be delayed, and the people who are creating it I never heard of in my life, I will be hard pressed if it made it to retail with a decent following.

kinda like NC? KK had never made an MMORPG before this, this has survived for 2 or 3 years and is in its first expansion pack...

solling
12-10-04, 12:24
i liek the game only thing missing (besides bug fixing) is implementing item tracing player shops and players growong some balls :D

gonna be some fun op fights when peops get rdy

Yelly
12-10-04, 13:50
Did not bother to read all flaming and crap here.
But if you got 300 in ping then change server to another location
It is called routing.The further away from server you are the higher ping you get.
More bugs.... ofcourse there are bugs and as they are solved new content is coming with new bugs.If you do not think that is ok you should stoip playing
mmorpg totally.
And for the rollback.If you think you are perfect then make similar games that never have bugs and never require rollback.When you can guarantee that I will pay for it and play :P

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 13:52
i liek the game only thing missing (besides bug fixing) is implementing item tracing player shops and players growong some balls :D

gonna be some fun op fights when peops get rdy

problems:

mem leak
drones are pointless
item tracking
player shops
item dist system (something not accessable, some in the wrong place)
Hacknet
C2P
people losing things in transfers
KK's lack of communication (admittedly this isnt an "ingame" problem)

there are more than a couple of problems with NC

:edit:

Did not bother to read all flaming and crap here. if you dont read the thread why post?

But if you got 300 in ping then change server to another location in one zone alone? you think J_01 has a seperate server on the other side of the world to the rest of the NC world?

It is called routing.The further away from server you are the higher ping you get. all servers are in Hanover, Germany. Routing means jack shit in this case

More bugs.... ofcourse there are bugs and as they are solved new content is coming with new bugs.If you do not think that is ok you should stoip playing
mmorpg totally. you think its ok to have the majority of bugs from over 2 years ago ingame? if so you should work for KK

And for the rollback.If you think you are perfect then make similar games that never have bugs and never require rollback.When you can guarantee that I will pay for it and play :P i bet i cant (and nor can most here), however when you pay for a service you expect it to meet some standards...

a rollback on sat just before transfer, then 2 rollbacks recently after transfer lost alot of people alot of time (and in this case time does equal money, subscription fee and all). so before you get all self rightious, think about what your saying?

Asurmen Spec Op
13-10-04, 02:12
ffs, then leave. no ones holding ya back. I hear this always, " Im leaving the content sucks" etc. Well I still see every one of you "oh im leaving if its not fixed tomarrow" just go Im sure none of us here will miss you

jernau
13-10-04, 02:17
ffs, then leave. no ones holding ya back. I hear this always, " Im leaving the content sucks" etc. Well I still see every one of you "oh im leaving if its not fixed tomarrow" just go Im sure none of us here will miss you
You are aware we pay in advance right?

Aside from that I wonder if you give up on everything so easily.:rolleyes:

Birkoff
13-10-04, 03:58
We were todl what we wer epaying for when we signed up for NC2 and ATM non of it really exists.

Yay there is a new city but its nothing special.

We are paying for item tracking, some1 in my clan lost ther epackpack after dying (coudn't reclaim it) and all they got from KK was a big FUCK OFF.

Where are the player vendors? I haven't foudn them yet :p

Could mention to many things but its pointless.

I personally paid for 6 months in august on n1 on 1 of my acconts. I'll be playing on it on and off as i won't have to pay another penny for the game till next year but if there isn't a dramatic improvment i don't know where I'll be.

I'm so pissed off at this PSI shit atm i can't be assed to play.

REMOVING THE FUCKING DAOC ANIMATION BULLSHIT.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:07

i love people who speak on behalf of the entire community ... "none of us"

as i have said i nthe past. point me out a PvP oriented MMORPG/FPS with a similar stat / setup / skill / equipment based PvP system that is retail right now and ill go play it...

until you can do that i suggest you shut the fuck up :D

Yelly
13-10-04, 15:10
Did not read all comments in ths one but I see ppl say MS do not release software this buggy..... 46 A4 papers full with bugs when win 95 was released 8|
And I wait and see as I think we will see lots of new stuff still.If not
then I move to other game as well
And btw yes those 2 recent rollbacks of a total of 8 hours are really nasty.
Seems ppl did everything exactly at that time

Original monk
13-10-04, 15:40

this made me laugh for an unexplained reason :P

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 15:43
Lol!

Seems like they roll back memories too :-)

spanz
13-10-04, 16:16
Just wondered

2 weeks in:

2 rollbacks on terra

more bugs

shitter servers

quit the game then and stop whine ok? and if you gonna say "im payin and im demanding" im gonna be laughin even more. Also wonderin why there is so much "fucking" these boards , sometimes reading your posts is like swimin' in junky lake.

Grow up kids and stop sayin that KK is guilty of your stupidy, ok?

Shinto
13-10-04, 16:18
so you think all that stuff that the Biccy has posted is acceptable?

man you must love taking it in the ass since thats what its like every time KK do these rollbacks or whatever else

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 16:27
quit the game then and stop whine ok? and if you gonna say "im payin and im demanding" im gonna be laughin even more. Also wonderin why there is so much "fucking" these boards , sometimes reading your posts is like swimin' in junky lake.

hes right about one thing... KK is guilty of its own stupidity

Original monk
13-10-04, 16:31
Lol!

Seems like they roll back memories too :-)

rofl, thats a nice way of putting it :)

this thread yust keeps cracking me up, luckely we have spanz to clear out all the trouble in the world :P

spanz what i actually mean is that if ya keep ignorin customers there problems with the game there is no way ya gonna make NC itself any better or the situation any easier ... be glad digestivebiscuit is still around here, dont tell em he gotta shutup and leave cause he's one of the people that made neocron big in the first place ...

with other words, witouth people like digestivebiscuit NC wouldnt be as far as it stands now :)

it aint bad putting some pressure on KK :P it can only speed the process of dealing with the issues people find less attractive about the current state of neocron :)

have fun playing youre favorite game

jernau
13-10-04, 17:54

You are aware we pay in advance right?

Aside from that I wonder if you give up on everything so easily.:rolleyes:

Sorry to have to repeat myself but the other option was flaming and Nid wouldn't like that.

Arikan
14-10-04, 02:23

its an nc clone thats ran by an american company that will have a 90% chance of having better business practices and support policies than ReaKKtor. Oh and had better graphics than neocron will ever have and probably way less bugs
:o

win.

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 02:28
its an nc clone thats ran by an american company that will have a 90% chance of having better business practices and support policies than ReaKKtor. Oh and had better graphics than neocron will ever have and probably way less bugs
:o

win.

all i have seen are concept arts... the screenshots page is empty, what are you basing the better graphics on?

joran420
14-10-04, 02:31
yeh as of right now that shit is just vaporware as far as im concerned....maybe when they release it will be good....but all it is is words on a page and some concept art

Jesterthegreat
yeh as of right now that shit is just vaporware as far as im concerned....maybe when they release it will be good....but all it is is words on a page and some concept art

dont get me wrong... it has the same potential as NC did... however whether it lives up to it or not is anyones guess

Arikan
all i have seen are concept arts... the screenshots page is empty, what are you basing the better graphics on?

that its coming out i in fucking 2006
:p

oh and anything can be better than neocron, you'd be fucking retarded to assume this game will have WORSE graphics than neocron. I mean fuck the "photo" water in neocron 2 looks like melted metal on the surface with no reflection and looks like it was something out of the Geforce FX demos but worse :p

Asurmen Spec Op
14-10-04, 02:48
i love people who speak on behalf of the entire community ... "none of us"

as i have said i nthe past. point me out a PvP oriented MMORPG/FPS with a similar stat / setup / skill / equipment based PvP system that is retail right now and ill go play it...

until you can do that i suggest you shut the fuck up :D
Im still waiting for some one to say ill miss jesters ranting.
waiting............

if it makes ya feal better ignore what I say, I know I do(divorses do that to people)

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 03:02
waiting............

if it makes ya feal better ignore what I say, I know I do(divorses do that to people)

you will have to keep waiting.

if im not going no one will miss me.

and assuming TW qill have better graphics is just that, an assumption.

i hope it does, and i hope it turns out well, but making assumptions will only lead to possible dissapointment.

:edit: its funny how its only ever people who reg'd on the forums in 2004 who say "why dont you leave nib?!?!?!?!"... the rest of us have put up with this shit for far too long to leave over one small thing.

i may leave if some larger issues arent fixed, but im willing to let doy get a bit further into retail before i decide (plus im paid for a month or so :p)

Arikan
14-10-04, 03:57
you will have to keep waiting.

if im not going no one will miss me.

and assuming TW qill have better graphics is just that, an assumption.

i hope it does, and i hope it turns out well, but making assumptions will only lead to possible dissapointment.

:edit: its funny how its only ever people who reg'd on the forums in 2004 who say "why dont you leave nib?!?!?!?!"... the rest of us have put up with this shit for far too long to leave over one small thing.

i may leave if some larger issues arent fixed, but im willing to let doy get a bit further into retail before i decide (plus im paid for a month or so :p)

lol, ive actully been playing neocron 1 since the beginning of retail, just cause someone doesnt LIVE on the forums and has a 2000+ post count doesnt make them a "noob".

I've put up with this shit just as long as you have pal.

.Cyl0n
14-10-04, 04:00
lol, ive actully been playing neocron 1 since the beginning of retail, just cause someone doesnt LIVE on the forums and has a 2000+ post count doesnt make them a "noob".

I've put up with this shit just as long as you have pal.

and did you try to improve the game since then?

Arikan
14-10-04, 04:02
and did you try to improve the game since then?

yes i did, tho i did give up hope when half the bug tickets i sent in werent even looked at or fixed. i was writing bug reports up to 1 month before DoY was released multiple times per day. and NONE of the shit ever gets fixed.

sebastien
14-10-04, 07:02
Guys, unless KK licenses out a completely new graphics engine (not a bad idea tbh!), then yes, TW will have much better graphics. It will be the first MMORPG built on the Source engine.

Basically, it's Neocron2 with Half-Life 2 graphics and performance. And honestly that is pretty damn exciting. :D

But, as has been said, it's not even in Alpha yet, and they are expecting to release in 2006. Even if they manage to release on time (possible but not likely), many things can change between now and then.

So, I'll definitely be watching and anticipating TW eagerly. But KK's going to have a very unique product for the foreseeable future.

THE_TICK!!!!
14-10-04, 07:54
well im waitin till january to see what i see...EVERYTHING is always better after new years :P

jernau
14-10-04, 08:21
waiting............I'd miss it the same way I would/do all the other productive and supportive members of this community. He talks a lot of sense and even when he isn't he can at least argue his position like a rational adult.

Crunchy
14-10-04, 09:04
Originally Posted by Asurmen Spec Op
waiting............

Well i would most certainly miss him more than i would miss your whine about people discussing serious bugs / balance issues and posting constructive stuff, like Jester.

As many other nc 1 beta "vets" i still stick around. Havent posted much on these boards mostly because i havent had anything constructive to say.

I have to say that i really dont like the state of this game at the moment.

Bugs that have been reported 2 years ago havent been fixed, new even worse bugs wasnt fixed during the nc2 beta period like they should have been and on top of all, most of the stuff we were promised as new features in NC2 are not in the game yet.

There is every reason to be upset.

-C

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 09:35
I'd miss it the same way I would/do all the other productive and supportive members of this community. He talks a lot of sense and even when he isn't he can at least argue his position like a rational adult.

thatnks man :)

i seem to remember the last time i got forum banned there were multiple threads opened and posted in by people who thought it was unfair and that i should be allowed back. i wont go into the details of the ban (its fairly public knowledge and a bit of searching will tell you anyway) but it shows im hardly the "hated little whiner" you seem to think i am Asurmen.

*sigh* i didnt say a think about my postcount making me better or my forum joincount making me better... however i stand by my statement that everyone i see tell people who are pissed off to quit have only registered alot more recently than people like me who are extremely pissed off, but stay.

its entirely possible to love a mmorpg, but hate the way its run. i love NC, however alot of the things about the way its run are awful. KK has made improvements recently (the possibility of a C2P person on the boards to talk to us, the ditributer deal news, both positive things), so lets hope it continues improving. however im not just going to quit right ow.

sorry, your stuck with me. i suggest you put me on your ignore list if my presense ofends you that much

14-10-04, 11:04
www.twilightwar.com

Speaking of other 'NC like games' anyone know what happened to that other MMORPG project - I think it was called Trade Wars or something (tried that as a URL but that brings up something unrelated)

Nidhogg
14-10-04, 13:13
No, you're not a "noob", you're a previously banned user (with a postcount of around 500, which isn't too shabby).

N

Jesterthegreat
14-10-04, 17:04
No, you're not a "noob", you're a previously banned user (with a postcount of around 500, which isn't too shabby).

N

well played :D

sebastien
14-10-04, 17:41
Nidhogg wins.

DigestiveBiscui
15-10-04, 01:19

N

absolutley

completely

utterly

unbelieveably

OWNED! :lol: