PDA

View Full Version : Implementation of Paladin Status ?

___T-X____
11-10-04, 15:08
I thought this was gonna get implemented a while back has annyone heard if there is any news to put this status ingame with a reward or anything ?

11-10-04, 15:16
If you mean paladin by doing all the epics, then you can forget it. Too boring, I traded an SA for a Crahn Epic glove cos im that lazy with epics (altho I have done the CA one) They need to be more interesting, less of this 'take this, go here, talk to him, go back here, rinse and repeat.

But yes there was talk of Paladin status back in Dicks days, not heard anything for a while.

Idola
11-10-04, 15:17
Bloody well hope not.

Paladins represent everything pure in the world, and seek to defend it. They're not common dogs who change their loyalties quicker than they change their underwear. Faction hoppers, in my opinion, don't deserve a title like "Paladin".

Turncoat? Yes.

Paladin? Sod off.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:21
agree'd... "paladins" are traiters in NC. makes no sense, and certainly isnt as important as some shit that needs doing ingame

FatDogg
11-10-04, 15:26
I'd really like to see this, that way I can finally make my unofficial clan of factionless paladins and we will take over the world stopping both sides of all opfights with our one three three seven skills as the four horsemen of the appocalypse sweep down to destroy all that lays in our path.

but on a serious note, I'd actualy like this implemented.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:28
rather than this i would like to see you have acc4ess to a factions FSM f you have done the epic (and still have 90+ symp), thus allowing a real pro city runner access to any pro city FSM due to his hard work

___T-X____
11-10-04, 15:29
I envision Paladin more of a wise 'man of the world'.

However, i see your point, what about on becoming a Paladin you are no longer in any faction or allowed to join one, however you get the choice of any uber item which doesnt drop like an epic ?

If you return the item, you lose your Paladin status and are then in that faction as in back to square one and can never again become 'Paladin'.

Rough idea....

thoughts ?

jernau
11-10-04, 15:31
Paladin != traitor. :rolleyes:

I would almost be tempted to redo all those ERs if they added it but I doubt it'll happen with all the "high priority" stuff atm.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:32
how does palidin != traitor?

he has defected to every faction there is (both doy, nc and neutral).

sounds like a traitor to me...

___T-X____
11-10-04, 15:35
didnt defect, experienced and aided every faction in his quest for knowledge, depends on your take, and how you wanted to RP it ingame.

Edit/ plus Paladins would generally attract more experienced players that have patience which would be a good source of information to noobs, and make a paladin channel :p

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:40
didnt defect, experienced and aided every faction in his quest for knowledge, depends on your take, and how you wanted to RP it ingame.

Edit/ plus Paladins would generally attract more experienced players that have patience which would be a good source of information to noobs, and make a paladin channel :p

why woul da palidin have more knowledge than anyone else? all they might know better is epics, and tbh the faction channel is fine for that.

palidin is just a stupid title people want to increase their ego. i bee playing since beta 3, id say im an experianced player... yet i dont see why i would want to flick between all the different factions. i dont see how constantly jumpping ship would make me better than say... setting up a clan and fighting for my faction.

jernau
11-10-04, 15:40
how does palidin != traitor?

he has defected to every faction there is (both doy, nc and neutral).

sounds like a traitor to me...
He's worked for every faction, he knows the top men in every faction and they all owe him favours for good works done. He's someone everyone can trust because he's proven himself capable to each of them. He keeps all their secrets and treats them all as equals.

Idola
11-10-04, 15:42
He's worked for every faction, he knows the top men in every faction and they all owe him favours for good works done. He's someone everyone can trust because he's proven himself capable to each of them. He keeps all their secrets and treats them all as equals.

.....he's also actively worked against every Faction, killed their employees, destroyed their property and played havoc with their paperwork.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:46
.....he's also actively worked against every Faction, killed their employees, destroyed their property and played havoc with their paperwork.

RP is all about showing your point and ignoring the opposing point.

this could be argued for long time, but tbh its not important.

maybe palidin should be put in, maybe not. however i really dont class this as a priority when KK need to sort out C2P, sort out mem leaks, sort out fucked up areas (300 ping in J_01 for some people?), sort out fucked up weapon types (the entire drone weapon type) etc etc...

___T-X____
11-10-04, 15:46
why woul da palidin have more knowledge than anyone else? all they might know better is epics, and tbh the faction channel is fine for that.

palidin is just a stupid title people want to increase their ego. i bee playing since beta 3, id say im an experianced player... yet i dont see why i would want to flick between all the different factions. i dont see how constantly jumpping ship would make me better than say... setting up a clan and fighting for my faction.

I dont see it like that at all, and to stop it becoming a status thing I have suggest of im sure many ways that would penalise a person choosing that status - u couldnt join a clan, rp a faction, hack an op etc.

The reason it might not suit you jest is because your busy doing clan stuff etc, it might suit some players that dont want to op fight and be part of a clan - plys i think its would add to rp and overall content in implemeneted correctly.

I agree with Jernau's take on it also

jernau
11-10-04, 15:47
True though most (maybe all) ERs involve more positives to the home faction than negatives to the others.

The key point is that he's treated all factions equally and done something big for all of them. It's not a small investment of time and effort to get them all, I think it deserves a reward of some kind.

I'm surprised with KK's obsession with time-sinks that it isn't in yet tbh.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:48
I dont see it like that at all, and to stop it becoming a status thing I have suggest of im sure many ways that would penalise a person choosing that status - u couldnt join a clan, rp a faction, hack an op etc.

The reason it might not suit you jest is because your busy doing clan stuff etc, it might suit some players that dont want to op fight and be part of a clan - plys i think its would add to rp and overall content in implemeneted correctly.

I agree with Jernau's take on it also

if you wanna not op war or join a clan or hack an op just leave your LE in (stops RP killing too).

as i said. im not sure whether it should be ingame, but it sure as hell shouldnt be a priority

:edit: @jernau - the Palidin will have killed every (or near every) faction doing those epics... they arent as trust worthy as they seem.

jernau
11-10-04, 15:48
RP is all about showing your point and ignoring the opposing point.
Que?

maybe palidin should be put in, maybe not. however i really dont class this as a priority when KK need to sort out C2P, sort out mem leaks, sort out fucked up areas (300 ping in J_01 for some people?), sort out fucked up weapon types (the entire drone weapon type) etc etc...
Agreed 100%

___T-X____
11-10-04, 15:57
I agree there are other areas that need attention, however im only asking about something thats been promised for 24 months. Edit/ shit 2 years !

From this moment on, gameplay will divide into two optional ways: A) Open a clan bound to this faction and receive 'Clan Missions', like e.g. warfare against other factions (completing an epic run will be a req for opening a clan in the future) or B) The player may choose to change the faction, by raising his loyalty towards another faction. The possibility to actually switch factions will allow a player to do the Epic Runs for all 13 factions. A player who collects all 13 rare Epic Run items, will be granted the title 'Neocron Paladin', which will be visible to all other players

The promise of extra content (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=56)

greendonkeyuk
11-10-04, 16:01
out of the park and into the dark, the paladin thing is just another item on the list that got list just before doy came out....

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:04
perhaps epic whore as the title would be better

jernau
11-10-04, 16:11
perhaps epic whore as the title would be better
Because putting "whore" on the end of something makes you not look like a fool? O_o

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:13
Because putting "whore" on the end of something makes you not look like a fool? O_o
ive no idea O_o

whats that got to do with anything, its personal opinion of weather your a fool for doing it O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:19
I agree there are other areas that need attention, however im only asking about something thats been promised for 24 months. Edit/ shit 2 years !

The promise of extra content (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=56)

meh... drone bugs have been ingame longer than we have been promised paladin status

jernau
11-10-04, 16:21
ive no idea O_o

whats that got to do with anything, its personal opinion of weather your a fool for doing it O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o
I'm sorry but I just don't get this trend for adding "whore" to the end of anything people disagree with as if that somehow makes it implicitly bad or wrong.

"Epic Whore" is a perfect example - it makes absolutely no sense at all. You might as well say "Epic Tractor" or "Epic Guacamole". Some people really need to invest in a dictionary and maybe some English lessons.

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:23
dont matter you wont understand

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:24
this thread is so off topic...

its gone from "is it going to happen" to "i thik it hould be called this"

jernau
11-10-04, 16:25
you can understand the whore being added to someone who goes around doing every and all epics out thereIn what way?

Are people so dumb they can't distinguish between "hoarder" and "whore"? They may sound alike but the meanings are not even close.

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:26
this thread is so off topic...

its gone from "is it going to happen" to "i thik it hould be called this"

well there are many angles of the epic title to be discusted, we need to agree on a title before we can bring it to the attention of the KK team

jernau
11-10-04, 16:28
well there are many angles of the epic title to be discusted, we need to agree on a title before we can bring it to the attention of the KK team
KK already picked a title. Some people may not think it is ideal but it'll do for now as we don't even have the thing it refers to yet.

It makes no sense to suggest changing it to something insulting to the bearer. :rolleyes:

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:32
jesus christ man im fucking around lighten up a bit

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:32
and i think we all agreed there are way more important things (item distribution seems screwed, item tracking isnt ingame, mem leaks are at large, drones are dead, epics are fucked, J_01 gives 300 ping, etc, etc) so i dont think any of this needs discussing right now.

its like discussing what features you wanna see in the next expansion, we dont know what they will change before they think about paladins so theres no point discusing it as of yet

jernau
11-10-04, 16:36
jesus christ man im fucking around lighten up a bit
OK :D

@Jest - It can't hurt to discuss it (again). It's something to do while we wait for the next rollback.

Shinto
11-10-04, 16:43
there were all happy again.

personally i dont care what the title is, i wont be going for it anyway.

on my main ill just do the CA epic i got a guy to get my bio then pretty much thats it.

if people want the paladin thats fine.

how hard is it to implement a title below the persons name or whatever anyway?

and jesterthegreat if we didnt discuss these things there would be bugger all on this forum...which would lead to my bordom at work :(

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:59
i just logged into NC2 6 times and it locked up my system every time...

ill not be bothering to play for a while at least

BlackDove
11-10-04, 17:02
It can't hurt to discuss it (again). It's something to do while we wait for the next rollback.[ edited ]

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 17:04
[ edited ]
pfft... that smiley uses enough letters to count as a 5 leter reply? damn forums :p

Richard Blade
11-10-04, 17:26
I'd like to see the Paladin status brought into the game.
It might take a little more time to map your sympathies but I'd say CM is key to switching.

For the other side conversation here...
Would not an epic whore be the 0/2 noob alt on another account? You know, the one everyone uses to accomplish their epic kills? :p

Right.
Epic Hoarder. That's more like it. :D

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 17:29
I'd like to see the Paladin status brought into the game.
It might take a little more time to map your sympathies but I'd say CM is key to switching.

For the other side conversation here...
Would not an epic whore be the 0/2 noob alt on another account? You know, the one everyone uses to accomplish their epic kills? :p

Right.
Epic Hoarder. That's more like it. :D

you offer your services to everyone possible in excange for a cash and item reward.

while you can argue against "whore" people can argue for it too.

jernau
11-10-04, 17:58
you offer your services to everyone possible in excange for a cash and item reward.

Doing epics is not profitable unless you sell all the rewards, in which case there are quicker, easier and better ways to make money.

Also - whores get repeat business - ERs are a one-shot deal.

Face it - it's a nonsensical and idiotic mess of a phrase.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:02
im not calling them whores :p

im saying its a fine line...

offering services for payment is a mercinary or a whore?

dancing and removing clothing is a stripper or an erotic dancer?

TG are freedom fighters or terrorists?

its a stupid thing to argue about :p

BlackDove
11-10-04, 18:07
6 entries found for whore.
whore Audio pronunciation of "whore" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hôr, hr)
n.

1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

intr.v. whored, whor·ing, whores

1. To associate or have sexual relations with prostitutes or a prostitute.
2. To accept payment in exchange for sexual relations.
3. To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

I see the 3rd definition as one applicable to "Epic whore", considering that faction swapping is basically not having any principles, and are doing it for personal gain only. You aren't loyal to your faction for their beliefs, but are instead willing to shift beliefs in order for personal gain.

Howerver [edit: fuck my spelling today, i actually checked this word and i still didn't see i speled it wrong, i'm not going to correct it now, i'm stupid today][edit2: holy fuck - "speled"?...die brain]

When I'd actually use the words "Epic whore", it would be to designate that one character of mine, is involved in a continous action to attain the epic's - therefore not having any relation to the definition of the word "whore". I'd just use it to embellish the fact that my character, is in fact, in a notable sense, only doing epic. It would be wrong, but who's perfect?

Richard Blade
11-10-04, 22:21

I'm not really arguing for or against. Basically, I phrased it in a way that I am most familiar hearing.
Whereas the term, "whore" doesn't really fit by the politically correct definition. Many people are using it in terms of someone who does a lot of epics, or is an epic kill "mule". (probably the most correct term for cheap kills)
I'd have to say though, the mules don't really earn any money out of it. So, would they more likely be called, "Epic sluts"? :D

I can't believe I suggested that. :lol:

Vid Gamer
11-10-04, 22:28
Even if there was a "Paladin" tag for completing all the Epic Runs, it's impossibe to do because of Epics being broken and the horrible (lack of a) system of switching Factions, atm.

Drexel
11-10-04, 23:57
Fine, then stick an 'Epic Whore' tag up next to my name in the target box, just as long as i get access to the "epic Whore' channel, & access to the 'Epic Whore' only gaming & drinking establishment to be located in teh highest tower of Regents Legacy with free booze & strippers for all me & my "epic Whore' friends, while we kick back & watch the world turn to shit.

Has anyone completed all the epics yet, or are some still undoable ?

Maybe its in already ?

naimex
11-10-04, 23:58
I thought this was gonna get implemented a while back has annyone heard if there is any news to put this status ingame with a reward or anything ?

thought the idea was sacked over a year ago...

jernau
11-10-04, 23:59
thought the idea was sacked over a year ago...
I never saw it officially withdrawn - just forgotten about like so many other things (admittedly some I was glad to see vanish).

naimex
12-10-04, 00:03
I never saw it officially withdrawn - just forgotten about like so many other things (admittedly some I was glad to see vanish).

it´s prolly on the feature list for Tokyo 2.. :rolleyes:

where you can be :

Pro NC : Paladin
Pro DoY : Saint
Pro Tok : Samurai

jernau
12-10-04, 00:09
it´s prolly on the feature list for Tokyo 2.. :rolleyes:

where you can be :

Pro NC : Paladin
Pro DoY : Saint
Pro Tok : Samurai
Then with the Irrata expansion you can add "Irratan" or whatever and if you collect all four get the P.I.S.S. award.

OK, bed time for me......

naimex
12-10-04, 00:10
Then with the Irrata expansion you can add "Irratan" or whatever and if you collect all four get the P.I.S.S. award.

OK, bed time for me......

sleep tight Jernau....

I´m having a wonderfull neutral time, with no strong feelings one way or the other.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 00:36
sleep tight Jernau....

I´m having a wonderfull neutral time, with no strong feelings one way or the other.

hmmm... first thought on neutrality was Futurama...

2nd was Equilibrium (just finished watching it)

Vid Gamer
12-10-04, 00:40
hmmm... first thought on neutrality was Futurama...

ROFL

That bit was funny as hell.

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 00:49
ROFL

That bit was funny as hell.

what makes a good man turn neutral?

naimex
12-10-04, 00:50
what makes a good man turn neutral?

if I die, tell my wife Hello

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 00:52
if I die, tell my wife Hello
Your neutralness, it's a beige alert

:edit: and its "If I don't survive, tell my wife hello" :p

___T-X____
13-10-04, 19:43
its in game lol

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 19:44
it is?

who has the palidin status so far? O_o

___T-X____
13-10-04, 19:52
http://img61.exs.cx/img61/4732/shot139.jpg

Edited the picture to protect the guy cos althought im pointing it out im not pointing the finger.

naimex
13-10-04, 19:54
thats bullshit..

you cant come here and tell me that this guy has already done every epic ingame, changed to every faction, and done every epic already..

a lot of people still have a shitload of problems doing just 1 epic..

not to mention it takes time to get enough money for all those faction changes, and a lot of time getting the symphaty for the change..

___T-X____
13-10-04, 20:01
I think its doable mate, If he got the right start and had the tradeskillers and grinded, i think its doable, it would have had to have been a lucky chain of events tho.

naimex
13-10-04, 20:08
I think its doable mate, If he got the right start and had the tradeskillers and grinded, i think its doable, it would have had to have been a lucky chain of events tho.

well theres what ?

10 factions or so..

thats 3 million credits..

a little extra for travelling thats 3.1 mil
and costs for the epic gets refunded but just to add it up thats 3.2 mil

3.2 mil is a shitload of money to get in such a little time..

lets see symphaty..

that cant be done this fast without killing players, and if you kill players you go way down in another faction.. so either this has been done a real lot of times, or theres been some exploiting, since missions take way to much time for it to be that way..

then theres the applying to new factions..

so in terms he would have had to go in behind enemy lines, into a headquarter where he will get blown to bits instantly by the guards, since he would have been hostile to them. unless he was very lucky with the order he took the epics in, so he became neutral on his way frmo doy to nc or nc to doy.

Then besides that, a lot of the epics have been broken for a long time, and some still are i think i heard somewhere..

so he would have had to have been lucky doing them around now, where they arent as bugged as they were before. so he must have taken the ones that worked perfectly from beginning..

this is yet again a very very lucky thing then if we still say he did this the honest way..

and in this short time, and so many things that has to be just right everytime..

I just don´t believe he got it fair and square.

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 20:33
It's a fake. The capability to make tags like that will be removed in an upcoming patch.

N

___T-X____
13-10-04, 20:40
:rolleyes: damn i cant seem to get anything right today

naimex
13-10-04, 21:48
It's a fake. The capability to make tags like that will be removed in an upcoming patch.

N

I WAS RIGHT !! :D

YAY ME :D

jernau
13-10-04, 21:55

N
Don't suppose you would drop any hints how to do it before then so we can get some nice sceenies?

-FN-
13-10-04, 22:00
I have a question.

Why is ___T-X____'s sig allowed to f-up my screen? lol

naimex
13-10-04, 22:02
I have a question.

cuz he´s special and you´re not ? :p

nah, I dunno.

but it is within the limits, of 1024x100 - forum size. guess thats why...

QuantumDelta
13-10-04, 22:12
The forum rule was "Do not make the forum scroll on 1024x768 reso"x100...

Not that it bothers me...........

--

Paladins in my eyes are as T-X said, wisemen of the world, they're not overly involved in politics, though I think Paladin is the wrong word, since it has roots in "Defender of the holy and righteous path of the king."

--

Defender of the Righteous Path, maybe, an NC-Paladin would automatically seek to resolve unneeded aggression, say, if neutral or allied factions were fighting, the Paladin's would be the ones to fix it.

If Enemy factions were fighting needlessly the Paladins would tend to be uninvolved, or fighting on whichever is the right, or obviously undermanned / undergunned side.

NC-Paladin's are Chaotic Good (The Highest form of Good) - They are those that care not for other peoples foolish rules and laws, and not for peoples foolhardy inward turmiol, they are those that rise above that, and seek to do something genuinely helpful for the world at large;

Scenario;

If NC were going to Nuke DoY, and DoY had hired the mercs to retaliate destroying NC with their missiles, meaning; another apocalypse, the Paladin's would DEFINATELY be the type to try to stop NC from launching.

Same the other way around.

That kinda role.
That's an NC Paladin.

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 22:18
Don't suppose you would drop any hints how to do it before then so we can get some nice sceenies?
I'd love to but Than would hurt me for it. He comes across as a really nice guy on the forums but he's mean I tell ya.

N

___T-X____
13-10-04, 22:29
I have a question.

Can I nerf your blue text lol ? and Raybobs Orange for that matter

By the way im gonna work on getting it flashing black and white this weekend since you brought it up.

QuantumDelta
13-10-04, 22:30
Please don't o_o

___T-X____
13-10-04, 22:32
nobody complain aboput it now and i wont :p

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 23:28

N

its not clan name / title...

can you at least tell us if this was done "legally"? :p

Nidhogg
13-10-04, 23:30
It was done without resorting to any client modification but it's still not an intended feature and hence not allowed.

N

darkservent
13-10-04, 23:59
I have a feeling that feature was suppose to be for the AFK tags that were mentioned ages back but are completly forgotten. Oh well!!!!