PDA

View Full Version : Factions / FSM's / Brokering Idea...

Jake Cutter
11-10-04, 11:23
Well, the new 'factionized' system is a bit of a pain...I can see where it might have made sense in NC1, where many city factions were opposed to one another, but now, with it basically being "pro-city" and "anti-city", it doesn't seem quite right.

That said, here's the idea...if you have completed the Epic for a specific faction, then their FSM will deal with you even if you change factions, as long as your sympathy with that faction remains at 90+. This opens up some nice roleplay opportunities for "brokers" who can deal with multiple factions.

Rate the thread well, if you like the idea. (Devs: how about it?) :D

Anna
11-10-04, 12:08
the idea is nice, but im guessing they would reply with a "this is not a priority" :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 12:10
yeah this is a good idea.

faction member or epic completer with 90+ symp is served.

Killfly
11-10-04, 22:02
This is sort of what I imagine happening with player shops... I'm making an obvious assumption that players will be able to sell whatever items they choose, so what's to stop people from selling faction items from multiple factions? As long as you can keep the supply coming...

I'm thinking that may be why player-shops are delayed? Once they're in, and assuming they work like I've suggested, the whole 'faction items being available only by smuggling/trading' idea will go out the window...

Richard Blade
11-10-04, 23:56
I was thinking about something close to this.

What about making the clan system somewhat similar to the way it was back in early NC1 retail.
*stop*
Ok, we currently have red vs blue. Since all factions for red are "allied / neutral" and all factions for blue are "allied / neutral" then it really won't hurt if any faction member can join any clan of another faction within their city.

Back in the beginning of NC1, TG could be in a CA clan. That shouldn't be allowed to happen, but there would be no harm if a NeXt, DRE, and TT all join into the same clan.

Just an idea.

But I like the "Master" idea being able to use the FSM from the previous faction.

Candaman
12-10-04, 00:23
Faction system will be fine .................................... when they introduce player shops....................................WHEN?!?!?!?!1