PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Superman

teksu
11-10-04, 11:10
Tis a sad day, Christopher Reeves is dead at 52 :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6223386/

Nidhogg
11-10-04, 11:14
It's a damn shame and just goes to illustrate that riding horses is a dangerous (though extremely fun) sport. If you ride, take care.

N

P.S. Thread moved.

MaGn0lia
11-10-04, 11:18
He did some fine work helping others with physical "restrictions". Though only AFTER his own injury, but sometimes we notice these things after it happens to us.

Godspeed Mr. Reeves

*silent mom for 1 min*

Mechanicus
11-10-04, 13:45
[ edited ]

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 14:06
I was impressed by the "drive" this man had to be able to walk again.

ArgieD
11-10-04, 14:38
Always sorry to hear the bad news. May he RIP...

nobby
11-10-04, 19:12
rest in peace my good friend... :(

NS_CHROME54
11-10-04, 20:34
yeah he definitely fought hard to the end. godspeed mr. reeves.

darknessfairy
11-10-04, 20:36
RIP man, such a shame. as i heard one of his fans on radio 1 this morning "he will be missed"

sanityislost
11-10-04, 20:54
damn thats a shame, hope he RIP's with loads of beer n hot chicks

SiL ..:..

Candaman
11-10-04, 21:01
The work he put into helping others with the same condition as him is unbeatable by anyone and i'm sure he will be remembered for a long time to come RIP Christopher Reeves

Blacksword
12-10-04, 06:18
The first thing that came to my mind when i read this post was a story by Flannery O'Conner, called A Good Man is Hard to Find. http://xroads.virginia.edu/~DRBR/goodman.html
i read this in my comp 2 class last semester, and we discussed it for quite awhile. one line in particular has stayed with me, and pretty much the point of the story is this

"She would of been a good woman," The Misfit said, "if it had been somebody there to shoot her every minute of her life."

The vast majority of us dont seriously take up a cause until we are intimately involved with it in someway, relative, self and so on. I've never really heard of anything Christopher Reeve had done before his accident, though no doubt he has done something, it just wasnt newsworthy. What he did afterwards however, was significant indeed. tbqh, i think it would be all i could do just to even want to stay alive if i was in his position. to do what he did for people with his condition afterwards in the face of what he already had to deal with is almost overwhelming to think about. I do think it is interesting however that most of us will never do much for others at all untill our lives are profoundly changed. I have to regretfully put myself on that list as well. I like to say i dont have time to take up a cause, but im sure thats not the truth.

In the end though, i suppose it doesnt matter really when you make a difference, it just matters if you have made a difference, or tried.

GG Reeve,rip, and GG to all the others who dont have the popularity to be recognized for what you have done, though im sure you are a celebrity to everyone you have helped.

Mechanicus
12-10-04, 15:03
sorry about my first post it seemed funny at the time : /