PDA

View Full Version : OMG fix this allready! PEOPLE SPEAK UP!

Bronx
11-10-04, 10:43
Player hit boxes are all jacked up. I'm not sure exactlly what it is, but I cant target people for nothing. Also trying to resserect someone is a JOKE....you have to target there feet to get a lock on the body.

Also scrolling through my spells or weapons in my quick belt seem to be FUBAR also. I use the mouse wheel buton to scroll trough my weapons/spells. Sometimes its too slow, and other times it just put the spell completly away instead of going to the next item in the quick belt.

50 FRICKING health bug. I cant count the number of times that I have logged in just to see that I only have 50 health or a few items from my quick belt are gone, or my money is gone, or I cant use items in my quick belt, or all items in my gogo are gone.

Today is Monday the 11 of October. If this shlt isnt fixed by next monday...I'm outty(for good). I dont feel comfortable paying $30 (?) a month (2 accts.) just to beta test a game...no thx.

Come on guys SPEAK up so this will ge fixed.

-Bronx

Ascension
11-10-04, 10:46
yes.. having to target below the feet to rez someone because they fell on their back :rolleyes:

when they fall face down it aint so bad they are easy to target :)

Spermy
11-10-04, 11:09
I would like fixes as much as the next person dude, but this is not the attitude to take. They're going as fast as they can to fix it.

Endar
11-10-04, 11:26
Why are the forums being filled with pointless threads that dont get anything done? Posting fucking 100 threads about "I WANT THIS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!1!!!" wont get you anything, ReaKKtor knows most of the bugs, they have a list what to fix next and your thread wont get the bug fixed any faster.

Niddhog, why dont you add a "Pointless threads will be closed" in the forum rules? Maybe then we would get threads what are actually worth reading...

Nidhogg
11-10-04, 11:36
Where would we draw the line though? No one would want us to draw it across their thread. Besides, the moderators aren't here to moderate the quality of discussion, just the legality.

N

MasterBee
11-10-04, 11:40
Why are the forums being filled with pointless threads that dont get anything done? Posting fucking 100 threads about "I WANT THIS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!1!!!" wont get you anything, ReaKKtor knows most of the bugs, they have a list what to fix next and your thread wont get the bug fixed any faster.

I disagree. There wouldn't be so many of those as you state "pointless" threads, if paying customers weren't kept in the dark.
Would it be so hard for devs to make occasional post in the forums stating "we are currently working on x bug. When we finish that we will move on to y bug".
I assure you, it would make us all happier.

Endar
11-10-04, 11:41
You are right... How about a bug forum? Maybe then the community talk forum would be spared from bug threads :)

Endar
11-10-04, 11:46
I disagree. There wouldn't be so many of those as you state "pointless" threads, if paying customers weren't kept in the dark.
Would it be so hard for devs to make occasional post in the forums stating "we are currently working on x bug. When we finish that we will move on to y bug".

In Open Beta, I posted a thread about "Launcher News". The developers could add small pieces of info in there, like "We have fixed this and this in next patch", "We found a problem on this and this and patch has been delayed", "Happy Halloween folks!".

12 people did read the thread and no one posted in it. I assume that the community simply doesnt want to know whats going on, they just want to whine about things.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 11:58

you mean... communication? *gasp*

Superbron
11-10-04, 12:04
How about a bug forum? Maybe then the community talk forum would be spared from bug threads :)
Yep, would be nice.

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 12:04
Well, i'm currently stuck with 3 chars on the last mission in next, and one in Crahn due to epics.

I have a little cash so i can't realy change factions to do the other epics while they fix these.

Therefore i'm not able to join my clan again untill they fixed the epic bugs.

Smok3d
11-10-04, 12:12
yea wish they would hurry up and fix the epics.its a mock chran one did work untill the "fix"

Endar
11-10-04, 12:13
Well, i'm currently stuck with 3 chars on the last mission in next, and one in Crahn due to epics.

I have a little cash so i can't realy change factions to do the other epics while they fix these.

Therefore i'm not able to join my clan again untill they fixed the epic bugs.

Did you notice there is a sticky thread named "Epic Problems"? Why dont you post that there and then just be quiet, and wait till they fix it. You would make us all happy :D

Spermy
11-10-04, 12:19
There's so many NPCs and things to do - It's probably really difficult to make Each run challenging - by spreading them out, reasonably doable - by keeping NPCs out of harms way. And well away from other factions NPCs to avoid that ever so irritating - "I died on my way back" issue.

solling
11-10-04, 12:23
I'm not sure exactlly what it is, but I cant target people for nothing

this cracked me up im sure ure mad and everything but i dont think this is a bug aim boxes around chars got smaller and u just need to improve ur aim :p

jernau
11-10-04, 12:35
Where would we draw the line though? No one would want us to draw it across their thread. Besides, the moderators aren't here to moderate the quality of discussion, just the legality.

N
Nid, why can't you be put in charge of KK's PR?

MeWhiteWolf
11-10-04, 12:54
Nid would be a horrible choice for PR. no offense Nid.
PR is all about bullshitting and compromise(and making people think they got what they want)
nid is honest and straight to the point, he doesn't seem to care if u like him, u do the wrong thing - he steps in, the right and ur fine
hell he's got the right job now.
holger was doing the right thing, perhaps it is time again for another message from him on some in game things?........

jernau
11-10-04, 13:22
Nid would be a horrible choice for PR. no offense Nid.

PR is all about bullshitting and compromise(and making people think they got what they want)
nid is honest and straight to the point, he doesn't seem to care if u like him, u do the wrong thing - he steps in, the right and ur fine
hell he's got the right job now.
holger was doing the right thing, perhaps it is time again for another message from him on some in game things?........
While I agree about the normal reqs for a PR job I disagree in this regard. KK desperately need someone more honest and direct. More importantly they need someone their customers can trust. I was only half joking before but thinking about it I can't see how it'd be a bad thing for anyone other than Nid.

Birkoff
11-10-04, 13:26

Niddhog, why dont you add a "Pointless threads will be closed" in the forum rules? Maybe then we would get threads what are actually worth reading...

HAHAHA i don't agree with the way you put it but i agree with what yoru conclusion is....

look at parafor instance.... 101% of the community want it destroyed and what do KK do MAKE ALL THE FUCKING NC GUARDS STICK YOU TO THE FUCKING FLOOR.

back on topic... i 100% agree i HATE PVP atm, i can't quick cast for shit due to the fucked up animations scroling through ur belt is a nightmare... you get anti buffed so u click shelter and it won't cast... so u scroll another spell then scroll back (like u have had to do for res since like forever) and it might cast if not ur have to do it again byt that time ur usually dead. Its afucking joke.

This small expansion has brought more bugs than it has fixes and the limited fwe content if nothing to be happy about.

Sorin
11-10-04, 13:42
- The animations are fine..........but NOT for Neocron. Maybe for Neverwinter Nights or something, but not Neocron. For the 3rd person animations, not only is the look just wrong for Neocron, the animations are not conducive to 105/min rate of fire spells.

- The 0 skill synch issue IS BLOODY ANNOYING. (0 skill = 0 HLT = 50hp). What's worse is that not only can you not move during this, mobs can see you and they interact with you based upon your 0 skill character. Even if you are normally a capped tank with capped resists, a mutant gunman is dropping you in 2 seconds flat because 0 skill synch = no resists, no armor, no health. yay.

- Then there's this weird ass bug where you have a gogo, inventory, quickbelt, implant window, apartment cabs, etc. all working perfectly.......except you have 0 SL, 0 money, and your slot 1 is empty. I don't know what the hell crazy ass bug that is, but it's scary because it makes it look like you got jacked somehow.

- Virtually impossible target boxes for dead players. Just DAMN.

Mr_Snow
11-10-04, 14:03
Did you notice there is a sticky thread named "Epic Problems"? Why dont you post that there and then just be quiet, and wait till they fix it. You would make us all happy :D

Actually I would be more happy if people were allowed post their complaints without being flamed, he pays money for the game and if hes not satisfied with it it is his right to post civily about what dissatisfies him.

If you dont like reading complaints then dont, nobody will miss your posts.

MasterBee
11-10-04, 14:10
- The 0 skill synch issue IS BLOODY ANNOYING. (0 skill = 0 HLT = 50hp). What's worse is that not only can you not move during this, mobs can see you and they interact with you based upon your 0 skill character. Even if you are normally a capped tank with capped resists, a mutant gunman is dropping you in 2 seconds flat because 0 skill synch = no resists, no armor, no health. yay.

- Then there's this weird ass bug where you have a gogo, inventory, quickbelt, implant window, apartment cabs, etc. all working perfectly.......except you have 0 SL, 0 money, and your slot 1 is empty. I don't know what the hell crazy ass bug that is, but it's scary because it makes it look like you got jacked somehow.

From my experience (experience I would rather not have...) this is one and same bug, which has something to do with synchronizing not being finished properly. It looks to me that when zoning (or logging in), client loads skills first, then items.
So when the loading process gets "corrupted" in the early stage, you get no skills, and afaik, no items either. The other times it loads skills and then gets "corrupted", which leaves you with skills ok, some items ok, and for example no SL or money.
I realized that only yesterday when I logged in and I had all the skills, items ,money and SL, but HALF the items in gogo gone...
I hope what I wrote makes sense to you :)

And yes, this must be the most annoying bug to date, as it happens to me several times a day :(

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:13
Actually I would be more happy if people were allowed post their complaints without being flamed, he pays money for the game and if hes not satisfied with it it is his right to post civily about what dissatisfies him.

If you dont like reading complaints then dont, nobody will miss your posts.

no its really not. the majority of MMORPG's dont bother with official forums for this exact reason. he doesent have a right to post anything, KK allow us to use these forums.

he has as much right as anyone else to post things here... but he does not have the right to post his complaints here.

anyways, as i have said for years, a little communication goes a long way. KK barely ever relays info to the playerbase.

jernau
11-10-04, 16:46
Which MMORPGs don't have an official forum?

Shinto
11-10-04, 17:01
UO doesnt have offical one iirc

dont think AO does either

thou most of the newer mmorpgs all seem to have there own forum

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 17:02
DAoC doesnt.

i thought AO didnt but it appears to have one (im sure it didnt used to)

RYL doesnt (that i can find)

:edit: yeah UO doesnt, but AO seems to have an official forum (forum.anarchy-online.com)

J. Folsom
11-10-04, 17:09
UO doesnt have offical one iirc
That must have changed since I played it a few years back, it used to have one. It was not a pleasant place however, the trolls in the actual game were nothing compared to the trolls in their forums.

Umm, but uhh, I'll get back on topic. I'm one of those few lucky bastards who rarely get hit by NC bugs, the most frequent of the annoying ones which require you to relog I have is the right-click bug. Annoying little bugger that is...

Shinto
11-10-04, 17:13
ahh that AO one must be new, dont recall it being there when i played, but i wasnt big on AO anyway so never spent much time on forums for that game

Bronx
12-10-04, 08:58

Endar,

I am a paying customer, and my investment here is not satisfactory. As a paying consumer I have every fucking right to bitch about imperfections. And I have every god damm right to say "if this isnt fixed im returning it (terminate my subscription).

There are a lot of issues here with NC 2. Now I wouldnt mind it so much if it were minor bugs or what not, but there are some MAJOR problems here and noone has any real insight on whats goingto happen with them.

-Bronx

kurai
12-10-04, 09:03
You are right... How about a bug forum? Maybe then the community talk forum would be spared from bug threads :)Yeah.
Because KK don't have one here (http://neocron.jafc.de/forumdisplay.php?f=100).

Oh ...

wait ...

Endar
12-10-04, 09:17
Endar,

I am a paying customer, and my investment here is not satisfactory. As a paying consumer I have every fucking right to bitch about imperfections. And I have every god damm right to say "if this isnt fixed im returning it (terminate my subscription).

There are a lot of issues here with NC 2. Now I wouldnt mind it so much if it were minor bugs or what not, but there are some MAJOR problems here and noone has any real insight on whats goingto happen with them.

-Bronx

Bronx,

Dont you see the problem here? You thread in here wont get you any good, or make the things to be fixed faster. It just fills the forums with bullshit that we, the other paying customers read.

You have right to post your leaving threads, but those will be closed (stated in forum rules). You can whine about bugs or find another way to fill the forums but you only harm the other customers.

I hope you see the difference now. ReaKKtor wont probably read these forums, the other customers do.

kurai@ Thats for the test server. Not a "post your bug whining threads here" one. And if there really was one, do you think that some of the readers on this forum have the intelligence to post theyr threads there?

:angel:

jernau
12-10-04, 09:22
History has proven silence yields even worse results.

If these were trivial bugs or minor problems maybe you'd have a point but they aren't and you don't.

Crunchy
12-10-04, 09:32
You can whine about bugs or find another way to fill the forums but you only harm the other customers.

Hm, how can whining about bugs harm people ? o_O

Of course they fill up the forums, but i rather read bug threads than some bs about everything being fine.

The only result these whine threads might have is getting the bugs fixed faster, not that i believe it works that way, but still.

-C

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:11
Hm, how can whining about bugs harm people ? o_O
-C

this thread wasted 10 minutes of my life and i want it back

:p

Bronx
12-10-04, 19:30
Bronx,

Dont you see the problem here? You thread in here wont get you any good, or make the things to be fixed faster. It just fills the forums with bullshit that we, the other paying customers read.

You have right to post your leaving threads, but those will be closed (stated in forum rules). You can whine about bugs or find another way to fill the forums but you only harm the other customers.

I hope you see the difference now. ReaKKtor wont probably read these forums, the other customers do.

kurai@ Thats for the test server. Not a "post your bug whining threads here" one. And if there really was one, do you think that some of the readers on this forum have the intelligence to post theyr threads there?

:angel:

Endar,

First of all Im trying really hard to decode what you said. Second of all I like to read about people having problems in game. That way I know that Im not the only one with that problem. The only person here wasting time is you. The only person posting BSreplies is ....you.

This thread was started with the intent to see if others are having the same issues I am, and indeed they are. So Endar plz go highjack someone else's thread.

-Bronx

Seven
12-10-04, 19:35
"Neocron Forum" the game: Coming this Fall :lol:

Endar
12-10-04, 19:50
Endar,

First of all Im trying really hard to decode what you said. Second of all I like to read about people having problems in game. That way I know that Im not the only one with that problem. The only person here wasting time is you. The only person posting BSreplies is ....you.

This thread was started with the intent to see if others are having the same issues I am, and indeed they are. So Endar plz go highjack someone else's thread.

-Bronx

Bronx,

You have problems with decoding what I said? This is not some sort of secret code you know. You cant possibly mean that you cant make sence out from my posts, my English cant be that bad. :lol:

If you call the replies that I have made bullshit, I dont even want to know whats the word used to descripe your posts in English. And I didnt mean to highjack your thread, actually I dont think I have even done that.

Its just that I have been around here for a while, and never have seen whining threads do any good (other than boost your post count).

Actually, to make everyones life easier I will create a new thread where you can talk about the bugs all you want. I hope the moderators will make it sticky, just to make the forums a bit cleaner and your job a little easier.

Bronx
12-10-04, 21:11
Bronx,

Its just that I have been around here for a while, and never have seen whining threads do any good (other than boost your post count).

Dude I have been around since beta 2. Ok so trust me Im not trying to boost my post count. As you can see I only have ..mayby 55 post's. now that is not a lot of post's in a 3 year time frame.

When I post I make sure that its an important post. [ edited ]

-Bronx

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 12:54
"Neocron Forum" the game: Coming this Fall :lol:

i play the forum more than the game...

J. Folsom
13-10-04, 12:56
i play the forum more than the game...
I still think that's always why Neocron has low population numbers, too many people read the forums instead of playing the game. :p

I'm guilty of it myself as well.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:23
I still think that's always why Neocron has low population numbers, too many people read the forums instead of playing the game. :p

I'm guilty of it myself as well.

when NC works properly and when my PC wprks properly ill play NC.

until then ill play other things

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 13:39
I play the forums mostly. Less chance of a rollback :-p

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:44
I play the forums mostly. Less chance of a rollback :-p

hahahahahah

i got banned on forums more than ingame :(

evs
13-10-04, 13:47
The rezz bug is actually something Im happy with.

It means that a ppu has to spend time preparing to rezz

not just piss easy rezz under fire and another ppu to heal job

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:51
The rezz bug is actually something Im happy with.

not just piss easy rezz under fire and another ppu to heal job

its the same "one rez, one heal" it just takes a little longer

evs
13-10-04, 14:50

This was the crux of what I was on about really.

The ppu has to try and find the area to rezz the target.

In an op war it does make the ppu rezz hardwork - as it should.

It means they now need more skill to keep their troops alive in battle, instead of just rezzing their team every 2 mins as to be honest it's too easy.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 14:53
This was the crux of what I was on about really.

The ppu has to try and find the area to rezz the target.

In an op war it does make the ppu rezz hardwork - as it should.

It means they now need more skill to keep their troops alive in battle, instead of just rezzing their team every 2 mins as to be honest it's too easy.

meh... just aim at their feet. has worked everytime for me so far (when i get to play, cant use home PC for nc atm :p)