PDA

View Full Version : Rules to live by

Crest
11-10-04, 10:17
This is a refresher for all the vets, and some usefull advice for new guys

1) AFK. If you are AFK in a war / hunting / anarchy zone, please expect to be dead when you come back. Even if its in plaza 1, or DOY city center. The game has a PK element to it, and no one is going to ask you 'Are you here so I can PK you'. Learn this, or die, AFK in safe zones ... there are a lot of them

2) Teams ... Someone asks you to join a team (lOCAL) - If you going to discuss business, do so in team in a safe zone. Plaza 1 teaming / DOY City center Teaming will probably mean he wants to kill you .. A leason I had to re-learn ... but it won't happen again

3) Teams (Remote) ... You get a popup saying xyz wants to team you (and he not in local) ... He has probably found your belt, or is sitting up above you waiting to snipe you ....

4) Logging off ... Logging off in plaza is not a good idea, raids may lead you to logging on, while sync in you die. Log off in a safe zone , or a quiet corner, another lesson re-learnt... Logged on while the reds (Anti City) raided plaza 2 and died very quickly

5) Just because you are in Neocron or DOY does not mean you are safe. I have seen guys in DOY run passed an enemy char, the enemy draws a weapon and shoots, at this point the runner looks around and tries to work out what is happening... Cause he just ran passed the runner and was not paying attention

6) This one is for KK to look at ... You are not safe in your appartment. Some shoots you, your name is XXX, so your password is XXX ... Since not a lot of people have many apps yet, If you are using your base app, then the guy chasing you knows your password. No exploit there he knows your name, he knows your base app password ...

7) You in plaza / DOY and people drop around you... this is not because GOD has struck them down, don't just stand there acting like nothing happened , snipers are invading both cities, and killing at will. Someone dies and everyone goes on as normal ?????

Now these are every day non hunting rules.... The normal hunting rules, like its best to hunt in pairs, and only 1 hacking at a time ... applies

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 10:59
One more.

If you see a rhino.... RUN :-)

Spermy
11-10-04, 11:07

1) AFK. If you are AFK in a war / hunting / anarchy zone, please expect to be dead when you come back. Even if its in plaza 1, or DOY city center. The game has a PK element to it, and no one is going to ask you 'Are you here so I can PK you'. Learn this, or die, AFK in safe zones ... there are a lot of them

:) Thumbs Up. Your best bet to stop zone pushing lamers is to sit down.

2) Teams ... Someone asks you to join a team (lOCAL) - If you going to discuss business, do so in team in a safe zone. Plaza 1 teaming / DOY City center Teaming will probably mean he wants to kill you .. A leason I had to re-learn ... but it won't happen again

Any Team killing tactic is extremely devious and underhand. If people have to do this - I don't rate them at all as Decent players.

3) Teams (Remote) ... You get a popup saying xyz wants to team you (and he not in local) ... He has probably found your belt, or is sitting up above you waiting to snipe you ....

Once again. If they resort to this - maybe they need to go back to PvP school - borders on an exploit if you ask me - unfair advantage and all that.

4) Logging off ... Logging off in plaza is not a good idea, raids may lead you to logging on, while sync in you die. Log off in a safe zone , or a quiet corner, another lesson re-learnt... Logged on while the reds (Anti City) raided plaza 2 and died very quickly

Logging off anywhere that isn't a safezone isn't a good idea!

5) Just because you are in Neocron or DOY does not mean you are safe. I have seen guys in DOY run passed an enemy char, the enemy draws a weapon and shoots, at this point the runner looks around and tries to work out what is happening... Cause he just ran passed the runner and was not paying attention

6) This one is for KK to look at ... You are not safe in your appartment. Some shoots you, your name is XXX, so your password is XXX ... Since not a lot of people have many apps yet, If you are using your base app, then the guy chasing you knows your password. No exploit there he knows your name, he knows your base app password ...

Make sure to go ALL the way in to your appartment people! Don't bother whinging if you only went up in the lift and got killed - it's your own bloody faults!

7) You in plaza / DOY and people drop around you... this is not because GOD has struck them down, don't just stand there acting like nothing happened , snipers are invading both cities, and killing at will. Someone dies and everyone goes on as normal ?????

Also - Another addition - Freindly fire. IT ISN'T.

Now these are every day non hunting rules.... The normal hunting rules, like its best to hunt in pairs, and only 1 hacking at a time ... applies

Some wicked points - and a few of my own added - five shiny star thingies for you. :D

MasterBee
11-10-04, 11:24
Hehe, a funny thing happened to me yesterday, when I was solo hunting warbots with my melee tank. As I was hacking one, some CA monk approached me (I'm FA). So I come out of hack, loot the WB, and he asks
"Are you done hacking?"
"yes"
"RUN"
So I ran :lol:
And Forrest would be proud of me... I escaped with 31 life left :D

Afterwards I DM'd him, we had a couple of laughs and went our separate ways.

P.S. He wasn't a saturnite ;)

Jake Cutter
11-10-04, 11:30
Hehe, a funny thing happened to me yesterday, when I was solo hunting warbots with my melee tank. As I was hacking one, some CA monk approached me (I'm FA). So I come out of hack, loot the WB, and he asks
"Are you done hacking?"
"yes"
"RUN"

Commendable. The guy obviously had some sense of fair play.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Endar
11-10-04, 11:37

Ofcourse, if he would have been an old saturn player he would have killed you on sight. Seems like everyone on saturn has forgotten whats the difference of PKing and PvPing.

Some of the people just log on with theyr tank on PA3 + CS, get out of theyr appartment in Neocron, pull out the CS and start running around the city killing everyone (sometimes only the people who are wearing PA). After they have killed all the newbies and traders they crawl back to theyr appartment, see how much theyr e-penis has grown and log off.

You can only find that kind of players from saturn.

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 11:52
Well, i get upset when i'm sniped while fighting a mob or when i'm hacking,; but that's the way life is in a post apoc world.

Don't see people in a post apoc world going:
"Well hello there kind sir, are you ready to get buffed up, since i have the intention of dueling you for your belt. I have a starving family i need to feed, so please understand my urge to steal from you. Ready? En guarde ..."

It'll go like this:
BLAM dead... hack belt.... yeehaa !!!

Spermy
11-10-04, 12:11
You forgot the obligatory sexing of the body...

MasterBee
11-10-04, 12:15
You forgot the obligatory sexing of the body...

To go with the spirit of times... it will be WINNERing the body as well

Spermy
11-10-04, 12:17
Damn these new emotes.

Ah well off to Wee Crabs...

Sorin
11-10-04, 13:25
"Are you done hacking?"
"yes"
"RUN"

Afterwards I DM'd him, we had a couple of laughs and went our separate ways.

That's mighty impressive. I'll have to shake that guy's hand. Were it Saturn, you'da been missing health before the guy was even in local. Oh, and he would have had 3 more friends with him, all monks (you have to travel in packs when you suck). Or if the hacker (you in this case) had been a typical Saturn person, they would have went "lmao" and TL3 healed, thunderbolted, and paw of beared the monk.

Anyways, another thing to add is trust no one. I don't mean that in a role play sense, I mean that in an EVERYTHING sense. I started and have played almost exclusively on Saturn (well, in NC1. Since Jan-Feb 03) and I can't even remember the last time I made a genuine new friend or socialized for more than 2 minutes. Was stabbed in the back one too many times by people I thought I could trust (well over a year ago now) that I just said "fuck it. To hell with everyone." Aside from being a near complete hermit, all my characters have LEs, save for the PPU and the tradeskiller. Just cba dealing with the all the bitchnuts tooling around.

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 13:36
Well, you can trust some people in neocron.
You only learn over time though, based on experiences in people borrowing rare stuff off you, going out of their way to come rez you etc....

Right now Terra is one big gankfest.
People will kill you over the contents of a belt, a piece of armor etc....

A few more weeks and when clans are back up and running , money is less of a problem etc.... things will return to a more "civil" state.

jnky
11-10-04, 13:49
Just another thing to consider :-
I have a procity monk atm doing the epics I need for my other charectors, she needs about 5 more levels to complete the epics (yes with drugs).
I have tryed all weekend to have a few hours in crp to get those levels but everytime ive turned up I have been killed by pro doy runners TG ect.
I dont have a major problem with this and I have now give up, its just that in NC1 I could hunt there pretty much ok with enemies but now it seems they dont want city runners there :wtf:

quote from last runner (tank) who killed my mid lvl APU.
"Yes it was easy to kill you, I cant goto NC you cant hunt here"

I dont mind being killed but that comment was fucking stupid imo since I cant goto DOY at all. (least it is viable for him to enter NC)

To all city runners, I wouldnt recommend going to crp alone to try to get a team, it just wont happen and you will be looking for pokes. :mad:

Sorin
11-10-04, 13:50
I do trust a few people, but they can be counted on one hand. My RL friend, plus a few former clan mates. Trust is a very nice thing, and it makes me feel good when people trust me enough (rightly placed mind you) to give me all their Dimension Splitter, Synaptic Accelerator, and Hercules parts so I can build them with my constructor. Even more so when they know damn well that I've never had (and still don't have) one single MC5 part to my name (since I'm sure there's a many other people that would be oh so tempted to keep the parts and bullshit some story).

And it's nice to know that there are random people out there that I meet who are trusting enough. I ran about 1,500,000 nc worth of some guy's money the other day on my BD spy. He was NEXT or something, and I was BD. He need some PA, inquistion armor, and I think some other things. He had been advertising on trade, so I chimed in and said I could get his stuff. Turns out he was in NC, so I had to obliterate my way into NC. I told him that I was too broke to buy those things, and that I'd have to have the money up front (I had like 33k at the time and he wanted PE PA 3 and 4). So we meet in the plaza subway and he gives me 1,000,000 nc. And off I GR to get his stuff. So I go get his armor and stuff and come back and give him his change.

I'm not sure I would have been that trusting were the roles reversed. But it's at least nice to know that good, trusting and trust worthy people in NC still exist. But the general rule still applies. REALLY get to know someone before giving them anything important.

Bugs Gunny
11-10-04, 13:51
Anyone going to crp alone to level and look for a team is a suicide commando :-)

MaGn0lia
11-10-04, 14:56
One good point is this too, if you duel with your friend in NC or DoY do it not crowded area, do it in your clean appy, or better yet don't do it at all. Noob friend got killed by that CS burst and you know what that does to even high lvl spy, poor steve, they never found his head. And once these two cocknockers were fighting inside town I instantly knew the other one but the other was unknown crahn char so I jumped him with some insane libby fire (not good) allmost killed the guy before I was informed that it was just a friendly duel. Well, I can count the last one as not anybodys but crahn assholes fault, they made their reputation as allied/neutral killers live with it now.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 15:26
you can trust VENOM if we think you deserve our trust.

Spermy
11-10-04, 16:09
I take it red and green no longer matter then dude? :p

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:17
I take it red and green no longer matter then dude? :p

to us?

people who are now "F6 Allied" to us exploited to beat us in NC1 and accused us of exploiting in NC1... we dont suddenly forget this.

so does red vs green (the term is red vs blue btw lads... its what its generally referd to as) matter to us? hell no. we would prefer not to fuck up our symps / SL, but we have dealt with it before.

allieds being dicks wont be tollerated just cos they are allieds. earn our trust or dont trust us

___T-X____
11-10-04, 16:21

Hahahaha, do you have a high level spy on Terra ?

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 16:21
not being mean on Terra are you TX? :p

deac
11-10-04, 16:27
Anyone going to crp alone to level and look for a team is a suicide commando :-)

yeap we tried to keep crp open and let faction enemies lvl there...

didnt work to well, we get pk raids there all the time from both factions and the tg wankers from saturn/jupiter cant leave ppl alone...

Spoon
11-10-04, 16:39

This is one of the points that concerns me the most....

And one of the main reasons we should have got more start money than a measily 120k....
High level characters should have started off with at least 300k or so...
We got ripped in their money wipe....

Crest
11-10-04, 17:33

Just saying ... Some lessons need to be learnt ... Some of these are from Personal experience . some from friends and clan mates ...On terra Crest is a BD Tank .... And some are common knowledge

Why have you been teaming peopl to kill them ???

That would be a bad think and could be frowned upon .. .you noob killer :)

TX Me I am more action less words ... now where did I hear that from ???

This is one of the points that concerns me the most....

And one of the main reasons we should have got more start money than a measily 120k....
High level characters should have started off with at least 300k or so...
We got ripped in their money wipe....

I heard a Story of a Sniping Spy on Terra, who was in DOY (He is red in DOY if anyone opened their eyes)
He shot another spy, spy ran into his app doors, and zonned, The running spy had an easy name so the red spy typed it in and it worked .. .at this time I am not sure what happened ... or how it is viewed :p

Spermy
11-10-04, 18:42
to us?

people who are now "F6 Allied" to us exploited to beat us in NC1 and accused us of exploiting in NC1... we dont suddenly forget this.

so does red vs green (the term is red vs blue btw lads... its what its generally referd to as) matter to us? hell no. we would prefer not to fuck up our symps / SL, but we have dealt with it before.

allieds being dicks wont be tollerated just cos they are allieds. earn our trust or dont trust us

Yes - I do seem to remember certain exploitive bastards. But don't pretend VENOMS nose is clean - or any other clan for that matter - It's a given that at least one person in each clan doesn't always play by the rules, sometimes even more.

And no. This isn't Halo, or any other FPS. It's not Red Vs Blue I'm talking about. But the difference netween Red and Green should matter. If it's green YOU DO NOT FUCKING SHOOT. I reckon Venom are being really good about this especially considering the rivalries of uranus, and even more so the fact that they are primarily a PvP clan, so Kudos - It's not a stab at you lot.

Funny that - I seem to remember tearing you a new one in the aggies on uranus.

You cried like a little bitch.

Hahahahahaha

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:54
Yes - I do seem to remember certain exploitive bastards. But don't pretend VENOMS nose is clean - or any other clan for that matter - It's a given that at least one person in each clan doesn't always play by the rules, sometimes even more.

And no. This isn't Halo, or any other FPS. It's not Red Vs Blue I'm talking about. But the difference netween Red and Green should matter. If it's green YOU DO NOT FUCKING SHOOT. I reckon Venom are being really good about this especially considering the rivalries of uranus, and even more so the fact that they are primarily a PvP clan, so Kudos - It's not a stab at you lot.

Hahahahahaha

as far as i know no one in venom has been investigated for any ingame rule breaches (i say ingame... ive had my bans on these forums :p)

but anyways thats not really the point. the point is the game mechanics didnt stop anyone before, they wont now. VENOM arent a random PK clan, but if we have a reason to kill someone we wont worry about faction.

we kill whoever we want. we arent setup properly atm (bout 10 members last time i was able to check) but at some point we will make an impact on the server... prolly right after everyone has their epics and C2P pull their collective finger out.

:edit:

this is red vs blue now.

its simply NC vs DoY. forget red / yellow / green, its one side vs the other.

___T-X____
11-10-04, 19:00

Hahahahahaha

lol, i have no idea who you are - and remember I SOLD T-X's account on uranus.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 19:03
you did?

hmm whenever i saw you at MB when i was PKing i always teamed you and we fought the CM's etc together... and that wasnt even you?

gah