PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of EA (Electronic Arts)?

Seven
11-10-04, 04:54
What do you guys think of EA (Electronic Arts)?

I think they suck big time because they have bought and shelved many of my favorite games.

But guess what?
10T does business with them.
http://www.10tacel.de/index.php?con=news_2004-09-28&lang=de

hegemonic
11-10-04, 07:03
As long as they put out Madden Football every year, I will love them.

NS_CHROME54
11-10-04, 07:33
yes EA does tend to release some schlep (Catwoman anyone?), but they also released diamonds like the Battlefield series, the Need for Speed series, the Sim City series, and the Command & Conquer series, all of which are excellent in their own rights.

SilentEye
11-10-04, 07:36
The Battlefield series, the Need for Speed series, the Sim City series, and the Command & Conquer series.
As far as I know, they all smell ^__^

NS_CHROME54
11-10-04, 07:37
As far as I know, they all smell ^__^
die, now.

:p

jk

QuakCow
11-10-04, 07:44
THEY SHUT DOWN E&B!!!! BASTARDS! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Opar
11-10-04, 08:43
EA will destroy the PC games industry. Using the Fifa series, NHL series, NFL series and The Sims, they will buy out every single developer in the world and drug them up to make crappy Movie-to-game, games which will suck so hard it will be unbelievable!

SilentEye
11-10-04, 09:05
die, now.

:p

jk
I died before reading JK :(

Shadowbreed
11-10-04, 09:08

nuff said

SilentEye
11-10-04, 09:09
I loved that game SO much. And EVE so SUCKS!

Earth & Beyond owned, atleast the combat was realtime! :mad:

Spermy
11-10-04, 09:48
Psshh - Big business.

Release a new game for each series each year. 30-40 quid. Madden 2004? Just a Patch for 2003.

They exist to churn out games. Most are bollocks and rehashes but every so often you'll get a gem.

Smok3d
11-10-04, 12:15
cant be much worse then kk *cough* :eek: who said that? :confused:

Idola
11-10-04, 12:29
cant be much worse then kk *cough* :eek: who said that? :confused:

Yes, EA are like KK.

People keep moaning about the products, but they continue to pay for, and use, them quite readily. ;)

nobby
11-10-04, 19:51
lol, was thinking about making a thread about this....hmm...
their bond games were 100% shit.....and some other poo ive seen!

[TgR]KILLER
11-10-04, 19:58
lol my brother hates them.. don't know what game it was.. but you needed admin rights after installing the game.. just to play it.. only game i know of needing admin rights to play tho lol.. but i wouldn't give him admin rights :p

BunkerBoy
11-10-04, 20:17
im not a big fan of EA anymore since they have closed so many of my favorite games, especially the ones Westwood made, including the recent Earth&Beyond shutdown. =(

Seven
11-10-04, 21:01
I hate the fact that 10T of which KK is now a division of, does business with them.

Lexxuk
12-10-04, 00:05
a company is a company is a company, most of the old timers that made the classics are gone anyhow, microprose (x-com) was part of hasbro, think it eventually got swallowed up by atari, not sure cant remember, but at the end of the day, EA is just a company selling games, maxis which made sim city is now owned by EA and churns out "Sims" games like The Sims, Sim City etc.. all under the maxis brand name.

BunkerBoy
12-10-04, 00:29
yes EA does tend to release some schlep (Catwoman anyone?), but they also released diamonds like the Battlefield series, the Need for Speed series, the Sim City series, and the Command & Conquer series, all of which are excellent in their own rights.

EA didnt release the C&C series Westwood did...never say EA did that.... :lol:

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 01:15
EA:

Own the licenses for a lot of Good games that I enjoy a great deal.

Have TERRIBLE Customer Support.
TERRIBLE Patching Habits (NEVER Fix their bugs, even the simple ones, NEVER balance their games).
Typical American Mass Marketing Company, would prefer to damage industry status and make a sale than promote gaming and do less well.
Pull the plug on fanatically followed games.
Throw their wallet around and have random 'lets buy and ruin this company' fits.

And other general crap.

Asside from that, yea, they're the best Publisher in the business, after all, their titles were like.....the whole top ten last christmas.

Edit;

Disclaimer;
Battlefield Games actually recieve patches, for some unknown reason, no other games, ever do. :rolleyes:

zeronode
12-10-04, 18:30
Personally, I can't stand EA, or their subs.

But mines a personal reason, having worked for them at one point. That being said, I try, when ever possible not to give them any of my cash.

I'll stop now before I get on an "EA bash" binge. :)

J. Folsom
12-10-04, 21:12
For a mega-evil multi-million dollar corporation, which makes it's developers sell their souls on contracts signed with blood, they're not bad I guess. :p

Seriously though, the biggest problem with EA is that they err too much on the safe side of business. They prefer going for sequels or stuff based on movies as they can be sure those will sell, instead of encouraging developers to try out new things. As said, there's a few rare sparks of good stuff published by them, but you'll notice that in most cases, these are entirely new series of games published by them, not sequels or other stuff.