PDA

View Full Version : (OT) Msn hotmail

-=BlackBeard=-
10-10-04, 21:47
any of ure msn hotmails fucking up

mine take shours to sign me in and wont let me talk to anyone ive rebooted my pc and everything#

any suggestions

Richard Slade
10-10-04, 21:48
Fuck it and use gmail

Nidhogg
10-10-04, 21:49
Thread moved.

N

-=BlackBeard=-
10-10-04, 21:50
i use Gmail to but i chat to my mates on msn messenger

SilentEye
10-10-04, 21:57
MSN is being really weird ATM. I can't transmit no messages to anyone!

ridec
10-10-04, 22:00
lol, me neither, i just logged off, and trying to connect, the server must be overloaded... dunno.. : /

Herbitt
10-10-04, 22:01
Can't connect either

my bad, im in :P

cant send msg's though 0_o

Ascension
10-10-04, 22:03
yup the MSN server is fucked.. cant send messages to anyone.. everyone keeps signing in lol :p

thought it was leaked MSN 7 client but seems the problem is serverwide

-=BlackBeard=-
10-10-04, 22:03
thats exactly wats happenin to me

Tratos
10-10-04, 22:06
...mine is running great, lol

Dunno wether it has anything to do with location possibly?

if so, im in NE England and getting no porblems.

ridec
10-10-04, 22:15
well, i am connected too, but i can't write to anyone O.o, buggy shit! :P.
oO Wonder if KK did buy messenger : P, since it buggy as F¤#%!!! Oo

-=BlackBeard=-
10-10-04, 22:15
haha another kk investment :P

[TgR]KILLER
10-10-04, 22:38
my brother just came down ( was watching gone in 60 seconds with dad ) that his msn has the same problem.. could only talk to other people by changing his msn name :p

Tratos
10-10-04, 22:59
and its now died.....win

Spermy
10-10-04, 23:51
Yup - the servers borked, some asshat though he was the shit and pissed about with them, or at least that's my theory - I know for defintie that thier equipment is buggerd tho - service is supposed to be back to normal in a few hours and definitely by tommorrow.

Richard Slade
11-10-04, 00:12
This is why I blame Microsoft for all NCs problems.

Ascension
11-10-04, 00:43
This is why I blame Microsoft for all NCs problems.

Lol.. yeah *throws book* anyways funny that Messenger is fucked, but peeps are still online? AFK i guess? o_O

metalangel
11-10-04, 03:49
Did anyone else notice this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/metalangel/nice%20pix/hotmailaremumlesscunts.jpg

For about two days, you couldn't use Outlook or Outlook Express to get at your Hotmail unless you had the premium account... but now it's back to normal, as if MSN went temporarily insane.

SilentEye
11-10-04, 07:41

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/metalangel/nice%20pix/hotmailaremumlesscunts.jpg

For about two days, you couldn't use Outlook or Outlook Express to get at your Hotmail unless you had the premium account... but now it's back to normal, as if MSN went temporarily insane.
Or it was a stunt to get more people to get Premium, then nail them?
Think people, think! Microsoft is bad for a REASON!

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 19:16
i use Gmail to but i chat to my mates on msn messenger

register your gmail account with a .net passport (just use the create a .net passport link on hotmail.com)

i run msn on my gmail account

nobby
11-10-04, 19:59
ok you're right, it closed me down because it said it had to go down exactly for 1 minutes for maintainance

nEo-1664
11-10-04, 20:11

MSN went down for maintanance about 2days ago @ 0600. since then its been borked. its currently down again for 'maintanance' lol. but as for your problem metalangel, im using outlook express, and i havnt received this message yet, was using it yesterday and this morning. dont know why you got the message, but as it stands, mine is still fine lol :D

darknessfairy
11-10-04, 20:34
i can't use msn msgr and i couldnt before i left for work this morning either..

NS_CHROME54
11-10-04, 20:38
hmm i was on msn last night (11:38 am here right now), but i can't this morning.

darknessfairy
11-10-04, 22:14
its all up and runngin now, afaik

AlphaGremlin
12-10-04, 03:00
A few times in the last few days it's been down for "Maintenence" according to the MSN Status page. The thing with Outlook/Outlook Express is that Microsoft are closing down the WebDAV service that it uses, reasoning being "spam" (at least that's what I heard, can't recall where from). IMHO it's because they can't advertise to you through it, and the people who have ads on it are putting the squeeze on MS.

I dont' care though... FreePOPs! :D
AlphaGremlin

metalangel
12-10-04, 17:50
That message is two weeks old, though, and stopped appearing two weeks ago as well - I wish they'd give some kind of warning instead of just switching off access one day and saying 'sorry you need to buy the overpriced premium package'.

[TgR]KILLER
12-10-04, 18:13
hmm... maybe this has something to do with it..

Wednesday 29-09-04 - Hotmail Trough Outlook no longer for free.

Microsoft has decided to cancel the option to watch your free Hotmail account trough Outlook. From march 2005 you can only watch your Hotmail trough Outlook if you have a paid Hotmail account. Microsoft has said that this change was needed cause spammers abused the Web DAV protocol that allowed Outlook to communicate with the free Hotmail Accounts.

maybe they trying to speed it up ? :p source @ itvault.org

edit was said by AlphaGremlin above to but couldn't be arshed to read all replies tbh :p

AlphaGremlin
12-10-04, 18:25
KILLER']hmm... maybe this has something to do with it..

maybe they trying to speed it up ? :p source @ itvault.org

edit was said by AlphaGremlin above to but couldn't be arshed to read all replies tbh :p
hehe. Way ahead of ya, mate :p
AlphaGremlin

metalangel
12-10-04, 18:55
Rubbish. It's 'we need more money, we need all the money in the world!'