PDA

View Full Version : Why KK? Why?

WaR eYe
10-10-04, 20:03
Realy i loved NC1 but now i played NC 2 :( damns
don't realy think the chars are realy nicer in NC2, i like the old ones more,
and the mb ram it uses, damns 800 mb ram sometimes, 2nd thing: allieds killing allieds, neutrals killing allieds, damns why!!! go find some enemy;s and realy there are enough.

the game is realy fucked up atm, nobody can lvl any where cause allied runners shooting them.

and i don't wanna wear my LE in cause i like to hunt enemy's, and love to be killed by them, but not by those lame ass allieds or neutrals :mad:

So KK why is the game so fucked up atm? if it stay's this way i don't think its fun to play anymore.

and i got a idee for it, when a allied shoots another allied his SL must drop hard, maybe -34, people wont kill other allied runners when they know there SL will drop that much

john irons
10-10-04, 20:09
it's a danm shame aint it.

i wonder how long before someone comments on your spelling? :rolleyes:

WaR eYe
10-10-04, 20:12
yeah i know, sorry about that m8.
i'm not from england or usa, so my english is bad :p

john irons
10-10-04, 20:14
if i were you i wouldnt waste my time complanin.

nothing will come of it :(

john irons
10-10-04, 20:17
if you came up with a 5 star idea that was gaurnteed to fix lag issues and increase fps bring in more players and serve it to kk on a platinum platter they wouldnt use it.

but mjs would probably nick the platter ;)

Endar
10-10-04, 20:20
But hey! Aint Neocron 2 is a MMOFPS game you pay for? When a allied player PKes you without a reason and you DM them about it, they say "this is a fps/pvp{they dont know the difference between PKing and PvPing so they call it PvPing.} game, live with it!".

Well seriously, this is a fucking hard thing to be solved. On RPing point of view, you should be able to kill anyone with drone or sniper and not recieving any penalties (if noone sees you), but then the PKers who only pay for this game so they can kill everyone would exploit it.

What if you RP assassin, you are in CityMercs and someone pays you to kill a corrupted fellow CM runner? You get to know where the guy is, you ask few of your buddies to keep an eye on him, you find a good spot in some dark corridor and launch your drone (well, maybe after ReaKKtor finds and fixes what causes the drone bugs). The person is alone, walking around PepperPark and you cleverly take him out without anyone seeing you.

You still recieve SL and Faction Sympathy penalty, but the point is SHOULD you really get the penalty?

But because of the PKers, roleplaying assassin aint really possible..

john irons
10-10-04, 20:28
mmm idea.

how about all factions are set to neutrall right now and, players who kill a different faction cause overall sympathys to drop.

sooo if i go on a killing spree as a ca killing tg then we sooner or later become hostile to each other.

and that hostility goes for all ca members.

and to get back to neutral status would cost credits or would slowly return to normal or would need a mission to be done?

nobby
10-10-04, 21:22
i was playing beta....had bloody people on the same faction firing laser cannons at me...chasing me all over neocron!
so i decided to go for a run in the wastelands...what great fun it was! :lol:
i went all the way yo the desert race track, owned a ppu, a spy and 2 's there with just my melee tank :p
god they were crying at me...the spy was my last saying "GOD dont kill me!!! i aint even done the GR! please i beg you i beg j00!" so i said to him, gimmie 100K...he said "ive only got 3.2 K " so that was the end of him :lol:
but anyway....went all the way to TG old canyon...avoided that :p
then ran ALL........the way to el farid...and tried to organise a raid of 55 people which all got pwn'd by the DOY guards...fun day it was!

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 21:28
if you came up with a 5 star idea that was gaurnteed to fix lag issues and increase fps bring in more players and serve it to kk on a platinum platter they wouldnt use it.

but mjs would probably nick the platter ;)

ahahahahahaha

classic :D

i upgraded a week ago and havent seen anyone be PK'd yet. tbh im more fucked off at KK's attitude.

Nidhogg
10-10-04, 21:31
tbh im more fucked off at KK's attitude.
lol, I hadn't noticed. ;)

N

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 22:03
lol, I hadn't noticed. ;)

N

haha... and to think when i finished my last ban i had a whole thread dedicated to the fact that i am a brown nosing carebear (and some other words i wont repeat here) on other forums :p

alot of people have put up with KK for a long long time

time for me to post something constructive? how about KK and the mods get together and decide on 5 people, these people will secretly discuss any major changes, bug priorities etc with KK (without knowing who the others are). obviously they couldnt say something like "accessories are a higher priority than money duping or some other important exploit", but they could help show what the community thinks. maybe have an email account set up for them, where people can send their opinions, these volenteer can get the feelings of the playerbase and try their hardest to make KK take notice of it?

laters

MrChumble
10-10-04, 22:22
how about KK and the mods get together and decide on 5 people, these people will secretly discuss any major changes, bug priorities etc with KK
Better idea...

How about a small group at KK, three at most, sit down together for a week or so and hash out exactly what it is they're trying to accomplish with NC2 and how they'd be best going about it.

From where I'm sitting it looks like there's no direction to NC2, nothing seems to be coming together. That said I've felt more and more that way about NC1 over the last year or so as well.

Maybe I'm wrong and KK know exactly where things are going, but if that's the case they still need to work on the part where they translate that to real improvements on the servers.

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 22:24
Better idea...

How about a small group at KK, three at most, sit down together for a week or so and hash out exactly what it is they're trying to accomplish with NC2 and how they'd be best going about it.

From where I'm sitting it looks like there's no direction to NC2, nothing seems to be coming together. That said I've felt more and more that way about NC1 over the last year or so as well.

Maybe I'm wrong and KK know exactly where things are going, but if that's the case they still need to work on the part where they translate that to real improvements on the servers.

tbh i dont trust any 3 of KK to do this...

maybe 3 KK and 3 community members would work. have a series of discussions on different apects of the game and its direction.

MrChumble
10-10-04, 22:29
tbh i dont trust any 3 of KK to do this...

maybe 3 KK and 3 community members would work. have a series of discussions on different apects of the game and its direction.The community has loads of great ideas, and I think a better grasp of what it's like to try and play the game than KK has. They do kinda lack important info like what is and isn't technically and financially possible.

It's KK game. We should be offering ideas and constructive criticism, but at the end of the day if KK don't drive forward improvements then no one can.

Three people at KK I would trust...well I don't know anyone at KK :D

Codi seems a decent chap, Holger has impressed so far...MJS is I hope far too busy with the financial side ('specially advertising). Odin...not my fav guy in the whole world so not him. I don't really know who else might be involved in the top level design.

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 22:32
The community has loads of great ideas, and I think a better grasp of what it's like to try and play the game than KK has. They do kinda lack important info like what is and isn't technically and financially possible.

It's KK game. We should be offering ideas and constructive criticism, but at the end of the day if KK don't drive forward improvements then no one can.

Three people at KK I would trust...well I don't know anyone at KK :D

Codi seems a decent chap, Holger has impressed so far...MJS is I hope far too busy with the financial side ('specially advertising). Odin...no fav guy in the whole world so not him. I don't really know who else might be involved in the top level design.

hence why a meeting should combine community members and KK. we all know if alot of people were invited it would just be spam (you went to beta irc meeting iirc), but a small meeting would be good.

lets be honest. the majority of posts with or without ideas are not seen by anyone more important than a forum mod. as long as these meeting were carefully planned with a schedule (not with strict time limits, more strict subject limits. no spamming, no off topic, no crap) i could see it being effective.

of course this would involve KK arranging all of this, deciding on KK members to talk, deciding which community members to talk to etc :p

El Jimben
10-10-04, 22:44
I agree with Jester, they need more input from the players to make the major changes. I can name a list of bugs the lenght of my arms from NC1 that still have'nt been fixed (I've played since beya 4) and Jester will agree (thought I think he's played longer =oP)

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 22:45
late beta 3 here mate :)

giga191
10-10-04, 23:19
Realy i loved NC1 but now i played NC 2 :( damns
don't realy think the chars are realy nicer in NC2, i like the old ones more,
and the mb ram it uses, damns 800 mb ram sometimes, 2nd thing: allieds killing allieds, neutrals killing allieds, damns why!!! go find some enemy;s and realy there are enough.

the game is realy fucked up atm, nobody can lvl any where cause allied runners shooting them.

and i don't wanna wear my LE in cause i like to hunt enemy's, and love to be killed by them, but not by those lame ass allieds or neutrals :mad:

So KK why is the game so fucked up atm? if it stay's this way i don't think its fun to play anymore.

and i got a idee for it, when a allied shoots another allied his SL must drop hard, maybe -34, people wont kill other allied runners when they know there SL will drop that much
Yeah the memory leaks piss me off more than anything else. Altho it once said I had 800mb of ram when ive only got 512 8|

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 23:25
Yeah the memory leaks piss me off more than anything else. Altho it once said I had 800mb of ram when ive only got 512 8|

play a droner and see if the memory leak pisses you off "more than anything else"

GIJ0e
11-10-04, 00:12
play a droner and see if the memory leak pisses you off "more than anything else"

yeah built 10 FC drones, walk for ages to graves, manage to get in without getting poisoned, find a nice spot to launch from..............

10 drones lost later i logged off and went and played CS : Source, which is good, but just as full of dodgy twats as CS ever was :)

we started a clan on pandore, everyone was keen at launch of NC2, now they are dropping out one by one, there are probably about 3 left who play daily, some havent logged for days and will most likely cancel. NC2 is not what it was promised to be :(