PDA

View Full Version : .hack//sign

Lexxuk
10-10-04, 17:36
No, not the person here called .hack//sign (hi btw, made you look!) the 27 episode series, which I finished watching yesterday.

I must admit the series was fairly confusing at times but I figured I might as well watch it seeing as how I bought the game .hack//infection (for my mother, honest), and the story really is rather cool.

It starts off with a player who gets stuck inside an MMORPG called "The World" they cant log off, and the story pretty much revolves around this one person and the people this person meets who takes an interest in that person. It even has a PK'er which is nice, cept he keeps killing this chick called BT.

Now, if you have a PS2, I recommend you run out and buy the game .hack//infection, it comes with .hack//illumiaty, which is another part of the show. The way I think it is, .hack//sign is 6 months before the game .hack//infection, whilst .hack//illuminaty runs alongside the game and .hack//twighlight is based after the game, its really intricate. Oh, and if you get onto the mail list of www.gameplay.co.uk they have "payday sales" every now and then, I got .hack//infection for like £13 or something silly instead of £32 :D and there are 3 more games to go!!

Wouldnt recommend watching all the .hack//sign shows in one go, its over 10 hours and left me with a sore bum :(

Oh anyhow, the game .hack//infection is about a guy who goes in game with his friend "Orca", his friend Orca gets beat up by a monster and in real life falls into a coma (you learn about this monster in .hack//sign), so the kid, Kite has to play an MMORPG to become stronger, so the game is a virtual MMORPG, and its pretty well crafted, though samey samey levels tbh, though the story line is rather, nice.

Anyhow, foods almost done and I'm hungry >.<

Mr_Snow
11-10-04, 04:06
Without spoiling anything or much of anything the monster that puts orca in a coma appears in either episode 26 or 27 of hack sign briefly. The game and series are both part of an on going story and are interrelated and episode 28 of hack sign is basically the story ender for the main characters in the series and game. www.dothack.com is the official site but unfortunately bandai dont like updating the european part of the site.

SilentEye
11-10-04, 07:39
His friend Orca gets beat up by a monster and in real life falls into a coma.
Speaking of being addictive to a game! :D

Dude, he shot me! OMG! He shot me! He could NEVER hit me from there!
*drools off into coma*

:lol:

Nidhogg
11-10-04, 11:32
I played the game for a bit but it was all just too much like Tad William's "Otherland" series for my liking (the concept, not the game itself).

N

Lexxuk
11-10-04, 14:45
Without spoiling anything or much of anything the monster that puts orca in a coma appears in either episode 26 or 27 of hack sign briefly. The game and series are both part of an on going story and are interrelated and episode 28 of hack sign is basically the story ender for the main characters in the series and game. www.dothack.com is the official site but unfortunately bandai dont like updating the european part of the site.

Aye, the monster from //sign and also the girl from //sign appear in //infection, when you complete infection (lots of ressurects is recommended) your data is saved to take to .hack//mutation (I think 2 is) so you dont start from scratch, which is nice, it also leaves you with the "we won that bit, but its only just started" so you know you have to get part 2 to continue on with the story >.<

amfest
11-10-04, 16:55
I liked the idea of .hack//sign. and when it was being released in japan as I was watching it . .it began to droll on. There are too many areas where they discussed things but only about events they really didn't understand. Like they were trying to reach some enlightned plane of reasoning. In other words most of the series was basically the characters grouping together in some beautiful area of the "The World" and then they say they are going to investige something and they end up in another place of "The World" only to discuss what they were just talking about again. Then some event would take place to break that cycle and then again they'd find a new place to settle down and talk about everything all over again and add in the event that just took place into their discussion.

Oh yea lexxuk if you were confused . .try reading some fansubs that weren't translated very well . .then you'll be like . ..errr .... .umm . . (grunt like ape)

Don't get me wrong though . .I did like the series . . but only as a whole. it was a 13 ep story stretched out >_<

Lexxuk
11-10-04, 17:49
I'm gunna be watching twigliht next, though there is an episode 28 of sign, which is weird coz its only supposed to be 26 episodes and i've watched 27 of them O_o I think the idea itself is very cool, though the levels are samey samey, its the story that has to carry you through! that and leveling up to lvl 99 whilst using the goblin summon to kick bottom :D

Endar
11-10-04, 18:29
Yea the .hack series are awesome. Though I liked the TWILIGHT more. Liminaty is ok too.

Now that you got hooked to anime, get:
Texhnolyze
Rurouni Kenshin
Peace Maker Kurogane (just awesome, like kenshin with blood and few well done 3d things)
One Piece
Avenger
Kazemakaze Tsukikage Ran
Inu Yasha
Ninja Scroll
and Arc the Lad.

Also here is few awesome anime movies:
Jin-Roh The Wolf Brigade
Memories (awesome, just simply awesome. 3 movies in one)
Puppet Princess (can be quite disturbing to some)
and Ninja Scroll

I could go on and on (I have like 300+ cds of anime (I like to trade em, thats why those are on CDs)) but those will get you started. I might have forgotten some great anime but I cant think anything else right now.

Ok now I need a smoke...

Carinth
11-10-04, 19:13
//sign and //twilight where ingame only, hence why any investigation or info gathering they did was only referred to after the fact. //liminality was the only part of the series that takes place in the real world.

I really liked //sign and was very disapointed in the ending, even with the additional special eps (27&28). Unfortuanetly I then watched //twilight, which I didn't like at all. What I enjoyed most in //sign was how you had a wide range of character types that are easily recognizable by anyone who plays mmorpgs. Unlike Raganarok though, they don't act entirely as their character. They're also people playing the game, so sometimes they'll talk ooc or behave differently.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 19:15
infection took me a day to get to the end boss guy, then i decided i couldnt be bothered anymore :(

not a bad game, but it gets boring quick