PDA

View Full Version : XBox games?

superfresh
10-10-04, 15:58
A friend just got me XBox :)

I haven't had a game console since Sega Genesis. I'm going to pick up Tiger Woods 2005. What other games are good for this thing? I don't think I even know my way around a joystick any more.

Nidhogg
10-10-04, 16:01
Thread moved.

N

r3yka
10-10-04, 16:05
Ok get HALO and look out for HALO 2
also look out for FABLE and HALF LIFE 2 :)

Vampire222
10-10-04, 16:14
totally depends on what your into... halo definately

JustIn_Case
10-10-04, 16:35
Definatly FABLE.

FPS like Halo is a pain if you are used to mouse+keyboard, so i avoid thoose on my X-Box, but some people love them, its a matter of taste.

Plight
10-10-04, 17:31
get it modded ^^

SmackDaddy
10-10-04, 17:39
Doom 3 coming soon for Xbox - will probably be released before I get NC2 downloaded :) . Stupid me bought it for PC and then figured out my PC has no APG slot. So back to the store with the PC version, for a credit when the Xbox one comes out.

superfresh
11-10-04, 08:17
No matter. I have no TV (just moved).

Went to buy a plasma T.V. today and got driven off by the yahoos at Best Buy. I was about to dump $2K on one and they told me that the warranty basically didn't cover much, and that I'd have to spend $400 more for a service package. Then they told me they were out of the one I wanted (a Toshiba 27") and that they would ship one to my apt. I work during the day, so they said they'd leave it at my door. "Umm. You're going to leave a $2,000 plasma T.V. at a door in an apartment building?" I told them they did a great job of driving off a customer that was about to spend a good deal of money. Had an armful of XBox games at the time, dropped them on the counter, and left.

O well. Was never good with a joystick anyway.

switchback
12-10-04, 14:10
burnout 3 is loads of fun. if you dont know the game, basically you can race around and do the boring things, or you can do the crash challenges, which are basically crash into junctions of moving traffic and try to cause as much damage as you can. very fun

Tidus_Origin
12-10-04, 14:15
Good Xbox games :

Halo
Halo 2 (november 11th - i preordered the special edition :D )
Fable
Burnout 3

eprodigy
12-10-04, 20:06
Deus Ex 2 for xbox. awesome game - very reminiscent of Neocron ;) actually I think the inspiration went the other way ;)

NS_CHROME54
12-10-04, 20:14
Rallisport Challenge 2 and Project Gotham Racing 2 are loads of fun too. Also, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Academy multiplayer is loads of fun, and the Splinter Cell games. Also heard good things about Ninja Gaiden.

Nvidia
13-10-04, 05:11
Breakdown and Chronicles of Riddick are excellent single-players games that'll keep you hooked for an extended period of time. :)

Breakdown is 20 dollars at Bestbuy, I think.

Chronicles of Riddick is still 40 or 50, as far as I can remember, but it's well worth the money.