PDA

View Full Version : Pure Hacker/Melee gimpage

Logan_storm_03
10-10-04, 09:12
H, Im LOMing my Char to a Overkill hacker, but i still want some from of attack, even is it is very crappy, so do any one know a good spy melee setup including imp rig ect.

Thanks in advance

J. Folsom
10-10-04, 15:24
You could start by experimenting with the following:

Drugs:
Kri'nakh Nightshade
Beast
XStrong
Thyronol

Implants:
BioTech MoveOn
Berserk 1
Berserk 2
Berserk 3

This (assuming I have the correct values here), should get you up to 79 strength and 176 Melee Combat (Even if you have no melee combat now!). As for armor, you should be able to equip all different types of boots, Inq and Duranit 4, as well as Spy PA!

I'd give more exact values, but I'd experiment with this first to see if you like using melee as a spy.

The Kri'nakh Nightshade is unfortunately pretty much required for any form of strength-weaponry spy. Hope you know someone who likes killing the Shaman ;)

§FS§Red Wing
10-10-04, 23:50
What you shouldn't forget is that a Hacker needs very high FOR, leaving a lot less points for MC.

Logan_storm_03
11-10-04, 11:50
ah, i decided to screw that idea, ill just stick to purehack insed

Militaryman
12-10-04, 16:25
Well you can only hope that they would get a little intelligence and start putting in the effect of T-C on both ranged and melee weapons to be as effective (or close to) the normal weapon skill in determining capping a weapon's frequency and damage rating. As a pure hacker you should have ALOT of T-C to raise your damage and frequency as well as your handling skills when in the net. (Right now hacknet software is the only item that actually uses T-C to it's full potential)

That way you could be really good off using the high tech melee weaponry as you could slack a little on the melee skill while boosting your T-C skill as much as possible. Still able to have a decent force resist rating.

polarbear
03-11-04, 11:49
What you shouldn't forget is that a Hacker needs very high FOR, leaving a lot less points for MC.
ur wrong force doesn`t work properly in hn!
moreover hn dmg is enr + xrr

sanityislost
03-11-04, 17:31
ur wrong force doesn`t work properly in hn!
moreover hn dmg is enr + xrr

some hn mobs do fire n force....

SiL ..:..

imper1um
03-04-05, 06:47
All mobs XRay and Energy damage. Overspec XRR and ENR for the win!

Zeninja
03-04-05, 19:06
Why not using your PE and not taking up to 6 drugs ? Then you have 4 chars (psi hybrid/rifle/melee/drone) which opens your influence to several fighting situations/distances. You may get to pretty high Hack skills using the right imps and forgetting about having uber spell's frequency / runspeed.

Plus, you would get back much more easily lost points from a hard loming, not to enter hacknet (= bigger team, no resists problems), using good resists and an acceptable TL'd melee weapon (in case you weren't still overcapped as a spy).

I don't really get how much important is having 130+ HCK and TC (INT level has nothing to do with hack skills, RCL do), but wouldn't a melee PE (or even a pure hacker PE) reach capps on artifact highest TL hacknet weapons ?

edit : damn, it was a /12 PE...

Militaryman
22-07-05, 14:38
I haven't posted in a while, but decided I might get back into NC2 as they've been doing some promising things to it. What I can say about going PE for a hacknet hacker though.. They can perform inside HN but they can't use the best stuff and their health and defenses suffer alot when their programs aren't working at max efficiency.

HN Really is about extremes in the end, and I can guarantee you that. More so because you'll be unable to use anything to a half decent degree. The highest end software needs you to cap your hacking skill, as does getting a very nice health and energy boost. Anyways, can't talk much now, will post more later.