PDA

View Full Version : Questions about NC Classic

10-10-04, 02:22
Does anyone know the answers to the following regarding NC Classic

Can you still play NC classic with characters you transfered to NC2?

Are character in NC:Classic going to be 'wiped' in the same way the transfer to NC2 wipes them?

Will NC:Classic get the same game changes NC2 has barring the existance of the Dome (i.e. no safezones etc)?

When can we expect to see NC:Classic?

Mumblyfish
10-10-04, 02:43
Uhm... classic Neocron is up right now, has been since NC2 launch. There's 1 person on Saturn, and noone on the other servers. I really have to wonder why they're bothering to keep Neocron 1 active, instead of using that server (assuming it's just one server) for a nice, lovely 1-slot international...

Edit: Neocron Classic is Neocron 1. That's all. I think you've been grossly misinformed.

Seven
10-10-04, 03:36
I really have to wonder why they're bothering to keep Neocron 1 active.

With no support or patches nor the ability to make new NC1 accounts there will be very few people on that server if any.
This is a perfect excuse to close Neocron "Classic" which I think was the intention from the start.

It will stay up until the transfer deadline and we'll probably see an announcement saying it will be shut down.

Just my opinion though.

10-10-04, 20:40
Really? Because I was under the impression that all the old NC1 servers content was going to be ported to the NC:Classic server for people who didnt upgrade to NC2

I find it hard to see how KK could close down NC1 entirely when there are probably NC1 retail boxes still out there available to be purchased, I'd be pretty peeved if I'd only just got NC1 and found out that I couldnt create an account (and even if I could there was no more support/patches and I was playing with only 1 other guy on the server) and KK wanted even more money out of me to buy NC2 (I would be able to upgrade since I wouldnt be able to open an 'old' account)

The reason I ask is because I think I prefer NC1 to NC2 (ask my wife, I really dont like change that much) and since I'm a casual player its highly unlikely I'm going to be able to replace all the items I lost in the transfer in any realistic timeframe

Nidhogg
11-10-04, 01:39
I find it hard to see how KK could close down NC1 entirely when there are probably NC1 retail boxes still out there available to be purchased
Anyone who purchases a new, boxed copy of NC1 has the option to upgrade to NC2 or return their purchase to the vendor for a refund. If it's a second hand account then there's little that KK or it's old publisher can do.

N

WebShock
11-10-04, 01:41
who wants to play nc1 anyway? i logged on yesterday and there was a whole 8 ppl on saturn. every other server was at 0

IceStorm
11-10-04, 02:11
Anyone who purchases a new, boxed copy of NC1 has the option to upgrade to NC2 or return their purchase to the vendor for a refund.Really? I can use an NC1 key to purchase an NC2 "Upgrade"? Do I get two free months (the one free month from the NC1 key and the one free month from the NC2 key)?

I ask because www.gogamer.com has NC1 in stock for $0.99. Even with $5.99 shipping, it's a bargain if it includes a second free month. I still have a box sitting on my floor, unactivated...

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 02:13
Really? I can use an NC1 key to purchase an NC2 "Upgrade"? Do I get two free months (the one free month from the NC1 key and the one free month from the NC2 key)?

I ask because www.gogamer.com has NC1 in stock for $0.99. Even with $5.99 shipping, it's a bargain if it includes a second free month.

hmmm... if NC1 accout creation is down maybe you dont get your month for NC1 (infact its not likely)

11-10-04, 12:06
hmmm... if NC1 accout creation is down maybe you dont get your month for NC1 (infact its not likely)

and presumably you cant upgrade to NC2 (since you cant first of all create your NC1 account to use in the upgrade)

On the subject of the upgrade will we have the option of getting a retail box (obviously without the free month because we already got that) even though we purchased the upgrade online?

/me likes having something to put on the shelf and a manual to read

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 12:07
and presumably you cant upgrade to NC2 (since you cant first of all create your NC1 account to use in the upgrade)

On the subject of the upgrade will we have the option of getting a retail box (obviously without the free month because we already got that) even though we purchased the upgrade online?

/me likes having something to put on the shelf and a manual to read

i guess sending them an unused CD Key is all the proof they need to "upgrade" (read: give you a new NC2 account).

and i'd like a boxed copy of NC2... but i doubt it will happen

Superbron
11-10-04, 12:13
The reason I ask is because I think I prefer NC1 to NC2 (ask my wife, I really dont like change that much) :lol: I'm still not sure if I like NC2 more than NC1.

11-10-04, 12:33
:lol: I'm still not sure if I like NC2 more than NC1.

Oddly enough its the little things that bug me more than the bigger issues.

Stuff like the fact that Yos at OZ station is practically non existant now (probably due to the changes in construction - because I did all 99% of my shopping there) and Pepper Park has been utterly mothballed. The fact that the city voice overs still go on about things that are either wong (ok the NCPD one has been wrong since the begining of time) or have been removed (Yakarma, club veronique etc) and how suddenly OZ station gets city voiceovers (for me completely killed the mood of OZ station)

Dont get wrong I like the new DoY zones but I dont think I would have moved the 'city' factions over there completely (the 'underground' infighting was a good plot device - pitty it only/always resulted in all out PvP) just an office for the 'anti-city city based factions, a TG office (keep the base in the canyon) the whole FA splinter group (keep the neutral lot in TH) and I really was expecting a new DoY faction in the mix as well.....

Everyone seems to be in a very bland 'them vs us' situation now (except the City Mercs) and while the inter-city PvP was far too overt to be realistic the in-fighting between the city factions again was a good plot and RP device (when used correctly)

The removal of most of the safe zones irks me when coupled with the LE re-implant rank restriction (but I prefer to keep my LE in anyway and gripe about the required PvP in most Epics and the lack of clans for LEd players) but the fact that Faction HQs are now safe was I believe a good change.

I'm not particularly happy about the changes to construction (the symp requirment alone means you have to grind missions or PvP to get faction symp gimping existing pure constructors and stopping the creation of new ones and I'm not at all happy with what I lost during the transfer (although I understand why it was done) because it largely wiped out everything I'd worked for since the begining of retail.

Ok maybe there were some bigger issues in there but actually the smaller ones get to me more (I think its the attention to detail angle and the fact that some of it shows the DoY _still_ wasnt really ready and an overall lack of planning, I also dont see any of these 'small' issues getting fixed anytime soon (and I'll quote how long the NCPD voiceover has been wrong) which is why I find myself wondering if I'd prefer to be playing NC1 again.

Superbron
11-10-04, 12:56
I find myself wondering if I'd prefer to be playing NC1 again.Me too, I think F6-politics where better balanced in NC1, but I am afraid it was too difficult for most players. I liked the fact that some of my allies where hostile towards eachother. It always asked for a different approach.

NC2 is in fact no more than a red vs green war with only a few neutrals in between. What bothers me most in this is the lack of punishment allied-killing players get. I feel that in this green vs red war shooting one of ur own should be mad impossible or at least be penalized in a more severe way. I.e. ban the bastards to an island south of Regant's Legacy or something like that.

Besides this I think players ought to be able to defend themselves from 'friendly' fire without loss of soullight.