PDA

View Full Version : Spell Casting broken

Candaman
10-10-04, 00:57
ok i get antibuffed and then try to recast shelter i can't do it cus the stoopid animation is playing on everyones screen but my own 5 seconds later i cast so then i go to cast heal same problem and same with deflector thats 15 seconds to reshelt and defl urself and cast heal. This is unplayable

Saza
10-10-04, 01:02
Full. Stops. Are. Your. Friend.

:p

Underground
10-10-04, 01:09
Full. Stops. Are. Your. Friend.

:p

Obviously not yours tho

___T-X____
10-10-04, 01:17
ok i get antibuffed and then try to recast shelter i can't do it cus the stoopid animation is playing on everyones screen but my own 5 seconds later i cast so then i go to cast heal same problem and same with deflector thats 15 seconds to reshelt and defl urself and cast heal. This is unplayable quit then tbh.

MkVenner
10-10-04, 01:30
quit then tbh. not very constructive or helpful :p

@candaman
yeah i get that shit sometimes, pissed me the fuc koff, and the casting animations are too D&D imo, there too magiky, they should be more psionic lol

-Demon-
10-10-04, 01:56
Question is wtf was wrong with just sticking your hand out and using the module?

Instead of doing the ******** hand waving.

Birkoff
10-10-04, 02:01
100% agree monks got a secret NERF yet again and there totally fucked up.

When they ontroduce the option to make the crappy animations go away it will be kewl again ahem.

Till then PVP is fucked IMO.

IceStorm
10-10-04, 02:07
ok i get antibuffed and then try to recast shelter i can't do it cus the stoopid animation is playing on everyones screen but my own 5 seconds later i cast so then i go to cast heal same problem and same with deflector thats 15 seconds to reshelt and defl urself and cast heal.This isn't an animation issue. This same problem used to occur pre-NC2, without the animations. You can't cast a new spell immediately after activating it, you have to wait a half second or so.

I play on two machines at a time. Pre-NC2, when I would "misfire" on one PC, the casting animation from NC1 (glowing hand) would play on the other machine.

This is an old bug/feature that has nothing to do with the animations playing, but I'll chime in and say the new animations are awful. Give me back my glowing hand!

-Demon-
10-10-04, 02:08
This isn't an animation issue. This same problem used to occur pre-NC2, without the animations. You can't cast a new spell immediately after activating it, you have to wait a half second or so.

I play on two machines at a time. Pre-NC2, when I would "misfire" on one PC, the casting animation from NC1 (glowing hand) would play on the other machine.

This is an old bug/feature that has nothing to do with the animations playing, but I'll chime in and say the new animations are awful. Give me back my glowing hand!

It seems to happen more now than ever before...

SorkZmok
10-10-04, 02:55
This isn't an animation issue. This same problem used to occur pre-NC2, without the animations. You can't cast a new spell immediately after activating it, you have to wait a half second or so.

This is an old bug/feature that has nothing to do with the animations playing, but I'll chime in and say the new animations are awful. Give me back my glowing hand!Its probably the same thing. But the new cast animation takes much longer. If you play in 3rd person, its just annoying. You switch to a new spell, cast it but you just see the animation and the spell isnt casting. Now you could either switch to another spell and then switch back and try again or just wait for the damn fucking animation to finish so you can try again.

And i had that animation bug 3 times in a row. Fucking sucks.

IceStorm
10-10-04, 03:44
Its probably the same thing. But the new cast animation takes much longer.The delay does not appear to be any longer in NC2 than it was in NC1 for me, but my spell frequencies are fairly low. Most of my chars are spies and the only Monk I have is a Hybrid which I'm not playing until I obtain a Spy Boost 2 so I can re-implant my DS when it pops.

SorkZmok
10-10-04, 04:09
The delay does not appear to be any longer in NC2 than it was in NC1 for me, but my spell frequencies are fairly low. Most of my chars are spies and the only Monk I have is a Hybrid which I'm not playing until I obtain a Spy Boost 2 so I can re-implant my DS when it pops.You know the new cast animation. And it happens quite often that you switch to a new spell and cast it, but its just wont work. Takes a second in NC1, cause the spell will just fizzle. In NC2, you have to go through that whole damn psi cast animation. And even then it might fuckup again.

Its fucking annoying!

Morganth
10-10-04, 04:12
I get it, so sometimes if I am not careful I don't check to see if the buff sticks and wonder why I don't see shelter when I am being pounded by a WB or similar :lol:

Candaman
10-10-04, 10:05
I get it, so sometimes if I am not careful I don't check to see if the buff sticks and wonder why I don't see shelter when I am being pounded by a WB or similar :lol:

or HL POB and Para

Anna
10-10-04, 10:56
its impossible to play monk in 3rd person atm
all you do is wave your arms without casting anything

in 1st person it works perfect though
if youre used to 3rd person, that'll be an adjustment, but at least you can cast

sultana
10-10-04, 11:05
3rd person seems to work fairly well for me, the only problem i've had with it was just today in doy city centre, was lagging hell a bad :rolleyes: If anything, I'd say it works as well as in nc1, i just look 10 times more stupid O_o :lol:

Ascension
10-10-04, 11:12
Ive gotta say from an APU's point of view.. its not to bad, but watching PPU's fail casts is awful specially when its at a crucial time.

As for the casting animation bug, if you have no psi and fire, you do the casting animation. Especially an anti-buff :o

jiga
10-10-04, 11:23
They've really fucked up the shelters. As soon as they start wearing off they don't work and you have to wait til it's fully off til u can cast a new one.