PDA

View Full Version : Droner skill point release

MrChumble
09-10-04, 23:04
Poll pretty much covers it. The drone bugs are either unfixable, beyond KKs ability to fix, or they have no interest in fixing them. If KK were to release all droner associated skill points (ie willpower and remote control), would you put the skill points back into drone skills or go with a different combat skill?

It's a hypothetical question of course, I doubt KK will actually do a skill point release, but here's hoping.

Nidhogg
09-10-04, 23:35
The drone bugs are either unfixable, beyond KKs ability to fix, or they have no interest in fixing them.
I vote for reason four, there are higher priority issues to address first.

N

MrChumble
09-10-04, 23:42
Just now, yes. For the last two years? Given that we got spirit mods and taxis...perhaps not.

Underground
09-10-04, 23:48
Just now, yes. For the last two years? Given that we got spirit mods and taxis...perhaps not.

:lol:

nah, mem leaks, epics, the client in general, terminal missions, hacknet. All need fixing before droners.
If you go to the ? Above DEX and look at the description of RemoteControll, it clearly states that only self masochistic fruitcakes should spec this skillas the bugs and quirks will lead you to poking your own eyes out for enjoyment...

BlackDove
09-10-04, 23:50

N

N-uh. Too long, too big of a bug to ignore. It's an entire class, devastated.

Option c would be my guess.

And - I just came out of a 70 lom from Droner to Rifle.

:)

40$Poser
09-10-04, 23:51

N

I hope the top issues are in fact memory leak fixing and removing old nc1 bugs that may still linger. That would be nice sir

Nidhogg
09-10-04, 23:52
The most serious droning issues have come to light in NC2 and prior to that whatever problems existed, while inconvenient, were manageable. The current issues will be rectified when other more serious issues such as the lack of a working item tracking system, have been addressed.

N

BlackDove
09-10-04, 23:53
.............you still don't have that?

Shinto
09-10-04, 23:58
.............you still don't have that?

there was a sticky post about it i think

Darken
10-10-04, 00:23
On that higher priority list is prolly also playershops, cigs,glasses, etc.
Doy features ;)

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 00:37
drone bugs have been 0 priority since nc1 launch.

90% of curent drone bugs are pre doy. so the "prioritising" excuse just doesnt fly anymore

GIJ0e
10-10-04, 01:01
the priority is trying to get stuff into DoY they told us was going to be in it they failed to deliver, so yes i would imagine droners would be a low priority. when you think about it all doy did was add another city, hacknet and erm thats pretty much it, except for the huge increase in faction related timesinks, no item tracking, no customisation, no playershops etc etc

Mithranthir
10-10-04, 01:29
so u mean we droners should not play?
try to lose 12 drones on one day 5k a drone x 12....no fun
so if we are not prior then plz fuck up all other classes so they cant lvl or get money.

Spoon
10-10-04, 01:35
After reading Nids' response, I can say that if there was a skill point release, NO, I would not stay a droner.....

I'll give it another week or so, if there's no fix, I'll just delete the droner(CST) and import a Rifle-Hacker I have(capped STR, CON) and LoM him to CST....

Droners are clearly going to remain at the bottom of the food chain....

I just wonder what would happen if another class had a major showstopping bug or a new exploit was found at MC5/Cere's Labs.
Probably take weeks to fix that............yeah right........

The only comment I'll make about item tracking is:

There's no way that NC's netcode/database/hamster can handle it...

Seven
10-10-04, 03:40

90% of curent drone bugs are pre doy. so the "prioritising" excuse just doesnt fly anymore

Agreed and well said.

Ozzon
10-10-04, 04:08
The most serious droning issues have come to light in NC2 and prior to that whatever problems existed, while inconvenient, were manageable. The current issues will be rectified when other more serious issues such as the lack of a working item tracking system, have been addressed.

N

But but... the bugs makes whole droner class unplayable, believe it or not but there are some people trying to drone... hell there are even noobs trying to drone and never coming back to NC after what they see.

BlackDove
10-10-04, 06:38
the priority is trying to get stuff into DoY they told us was going to be in it they failed to deliver, so yes i would imagine droners would be a low priority.

Yep, yep :)

But the game hasn't gone retail. What we're all doing, is just simply paying to play a beta. I don't think a day goes by when I say "This is the most expensive beta I've ever played". Sad part is, that it's true.

Darkana
10-10-04, 09:18
Seriously, there is a difference between "unplayable" and "playable, but not with all possible features". A game is there to be played, but when you can't play it because of bugs (and that's what the droners have to face atm), this game is not a game anymore. On the german forum they have mentioned an even bigger problem: one char server and your only char a droner ...

Simple question: What is more important? Getting a game playable for everyone OR adding additional stuff you promised to have working a (long) while ago?

But then it seems KK is sitting this one out, like they did with other problems. Besides, how many % of the playerbase are droners? This number is even decreasing, so why should they care at all?

*sigh* 1000x:mad:

KK can be lucky Neocron is unique ... still. Once another company has a game going which is aimed at the same audience ...

PS: I voted "yes" before reading this thread. Now I'm not so sure about this anymore. (Prolly more like: "another step towards cancelling my account").

Babai
10-10-04, 09:41
At the very least KK should make LOM pills for WP and RCL cost nothing until they fix the droners. Droners are completely unplayable ATM.

Brammers
10-10-04, 10:11

N

Erm...the black box droning bug didn't exisit before in NC1. Ok you could just about cope with the other bugs and all, but the black box droning bug is certainly not manageable. I lost 10 drones on a low level character yesterday, no matter how far away from the wall I was.

The item tracking system (to me) doesn't effect playability of the game, where as the drone bugs do.

Or are you saying that if the item tracking system could be in the next patch? So if I do loose a drone to the black box drone bug, I'll be able to call a GM to get it back?

Anna
10-10-04, 10:49

N
allthough bugged epics are annoying, its not critical
and everyone has been able to play with memory leaks for several days now
so those are annoying, but it seems not critical either

drone bugs stop an entire class from playing
that IS critical
and IS highest priority

i find your post to be seriously lacking in respect for the ppl who are playing neocron

Darth Slayer
10-10-04, 11:02
Reason 4 ? Ok wheres all these reasons ?
I vote for getting drones fixed FFS.
Stealth will be fixed before drones you watch.
Mind you more people use stealth than use drones so it figures.
It's probaly not even a hard bug to fix the black box but hey KK's probaly saying to each other lets Shaft the droners again pretty soon there'll be none left and we can delete drones and pretend they never existed.
Oh and we are still waiting for whatever it was that Callash promised us after the Spy PA fiasco.

Scorpius.
(Oh I'll stay droner just so I can keep posting FIX THE DRONE bugs threads in these forums )

Xylaz
10-10-04, 11:12
I just vote to gimme wpw&rcl skill release. The reasons is I am forced to lom 210 wpw and 200 rcl now...

JustIn_Case
10-10-04, 13:48
Well im just done with my LoM:ing.
I liked droning, but i realised that droning isnt going to be fixed in the near future, so i Lom:ed...something like 160-170 LoMs.
I asked for an Skill Release (WPW and RCL) both here on the forums and by email to Reakktor, but negative response.
I could live with the NC-1 buggs, but droning in NC-2, nah....

Xylaz
10-10-04, 16:18
Well im just done with my LoM:ing.
I liked droning, but i realised that droning isnt going to be fixed in the near future, so i Lom:ed...something like 160-170 LoMs.

jesus fuckin christ, 160 LoMs???!!!

JustIn_Case
10-10-04, 16:31
jesus fuckin christ, 160 LoMs???!!!

Yes :D . If you have a base skill value of 150, you need 50 LoMs do get down to 100, and 100 to 0 takes 28 LoMs, so thats 78 LoMs.

And i had 220 i WPW and 210 in RCL (Implants included), then i also needed to change my CON setup since i had all in ATL (except 30-40 in HLT). So it was ATLEAST 160 LoMs...

Spoon
10-10-04, 17:16
I asked for an Skill Release (WPW and RCL) both here on the forums and by email to Reakktor, but negative response.

What was the exact wording of the response?

I'm kind of curious.....

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 21:11

N

If KK are publically saying fixing the problems which plague an entire class and make it near impossible i cant see the problem with a skill release...

and if they are not saying that then nid is giving the wron impression here. droners have put up with these bugs too long already. nothing was done in NC1 and nothings being done now.

dont get me wrong. i have an MC5'd tank, i have a monk, i have a PE... its not as if the other non-drone bugs dont effect me, but a class not working is a higher priority than my PE not having a cig ffs

shend
10-10-04, 22:35
it's good to know i'm low priority
well i don't want a release of skill point, seemsn more like i'm gonna
start a new char, and keep this one for the year 2008, when riggers have reached medium priority :(

Jesterthegreat
10-10-04, 22:39
if there was a bug in MC5 that allowed droners to kill the commander easy MC5 would be blocked off within days.

if theres a drone bug that prevents a whole class from working it is left for the entire course of the game.

MrChumble
10-10-04, 22:40
I made a hacknet spy to pass the time. Then I discovered hacknet combat makes droning look perfect in comparison.

Droner spy...hacknet spy...heavy combat PE trike user...hybrid tank...apu biased hybrid...I'm starting to think I have a masochistic streak o_O

Diversity and experimentation can be quite painful in NC. I guess I should just get out the cookie cutter and go HC tank.

curik
10-10-04, 23:01
The issue of the drone bugs is being looked into. Unfortunately I can not at
this time give an estimate as to when the issue will be resolved. It will be
solved as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for the bugreport of yours.
The information has been forwarded to the concerned coder and the error will
be fixed as soon as possible

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Jason "Lupus" Lehman

Aye, that's the response. As I said in the email to support, I'll open my subscription again when they fix the bug, and a few friends of mine did the same. That's the only thing one can do.

GIJ0e
11-10-04, 00:24
some official comment please. if only if to tell us to go fuck ourselves.

no disrespect to nid, but hes not an official KK "employee" so cant comment on bugs etc, but if thats so how come hes the only one even bothering to tell us anything? wheres the "official" word? :(

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 01:34
some official comment please. if only if to tell us to go fuck ourselves.

no disrespect to nid, but hes not an official KK "employee" so cant comment on bugs etc, but if thats so how come hes the only one even bothering to tell us anything? wheres the "official" word? :(

carb replied on another thread, i posted a link to here, nothing...

MaGn0lia
11-10-04, 09:20
Onoz, nid has got his hands on the KK "utter bs machine", maybe he finally has become a fulltime staff member of KK :o

Nidhogg
11-10-04, 11:20
Onoz, nid has got his hands on the KK "utter bs machine", maybe he finally has become a fulltime staff member of KK :o
They couldn't afford me. ;)

N

Spikadelia
11-10-04, 11:40
I made a hacknet spy to pass the time. Then I discovered hacknet combat makes droning look perfect in comparison.

Droner spy...hacknet spy...heavy combat PE trike user...hybrid tank...apu biased hybrid...I'm starting to think I have a masochistic streak o_O

Diversity and experimentation can be quite painful in NC. I guess I should just get out the cookie cutter and go HC tank.

Mr Chumble on the money as ever. I can tick three of the same choices you made above, so I know the pain. As for the main point of the thread I always add my voice to the pleas of any kind to get fair treatment for Riggers. I started loming my fully capped dedicated Droner, nearly all points in RCL and WPW because I smelt what was coming. The warning signs from Beta were all there. How on earth did they manage to make things so much worse?

Let my people go free, release the points, give us a break and play nice with us for once KK. Pretty please.

Darth Slayer
11-10-04, 18:34
if there was a bug in MC5 that allowed droners to kill the commander easy MC5 would be blocked off within days.

if theres a drone bug that prevents a whole class from working it is left for the entire course of the game.
This is so true I want to cry........... :(
AT least Nid still has a sense of humour. Mines now run out when it comes to droning.

Scorpius.

Jesterthegreat
11-10-04, 18:37
since the past 6 times i have logged on made me crash and have to restart my PC within 5 seconds of logging on (except the first time where i lasted long enough to get something ressed, buy the parts needed and give them to a cst before a locked up and crashed) i have given up caring about the ingame shit.

i now just care about the way KK seems to not give a shit what the commuinity thinks.

someone needs to remind them its us that are paying for this game. its us that pay their wages, and there are less of us on a weekly basis.

-FN-
11-10-04, 21:01

N

I agree that Item Tracking & NPC Player-Shops should be on the *top* of this list. But when some bugs affect an entire player-class, which you know as well as I do should've been tended to in beta, it should get a priority bump. Not above the first two, but it perhaps a #3. If a PSI Monk's spells immediately broke on casting now and then, there would most likely be a hotfix. If guns no longer were reloadable, that would be fixed in a second. To say that there aren't many droners, so it's not as important, sounds like reverse logic to me. Perhaps there aren't many droners because the class is virtually unplayable right now. Thier ONLY weapon disappears when they use it. I'd say that's pretty major. This reminds me of when the Soulclusters didn't work for MONTHS. Affected an entire player-class, removed their ability to hunt, complete epics, etc (until the low TL para spamming started), and wasn't addressed for a long time. That was very irritating and this scenario seems to be strikingly similar to that.