PDA

View Full Version : Tip for droners

GIJ0e
09-10-04, 15:21
stand well away from all walls when launching drones. for example el farid, stand slap bang in middle of first room to launch. havent lost a drone yet. i think the bug is caused by you trying to spawn an item too near a world object that you cant spawn "within" if you get me o_O

anyway seems to work so thought i'd share. it could just be i was incredibly lucky for about half an hour or so tho :p

MrChumble
09-10-04, 15:25
Yes this definately helps with the vanishing drone and drone-won't-launch bugs, but I've not noticed it making any difference with the 'drone in sky' bug.

Still, I'd rather have just one bug than all three :)

quickpick
09-10-04, 20:32
I can be in the middle of the wastelands and it still happens. I have noticed that when i keep just one drone in a slot and nothing else i don't get the bug (yet anyways). 2 hours didn't lose 1 drone. I'm sure next time i log in though that will change heh.

soundphed
09-10-04, 20:36
Also...maybe you guys know this but thought I'd share. If you DO lose a drone to the bug, immediately relog. When you do, the drone will drop on the ground in front of you...works for me everytime...

BETA_Tekamo
09-10-04, 20:39
Also...maybe you guys know this but thought I'd share. If you DO lose a drone to the bug, immediately relog. When you do, the drone will drop on the ground in front of you...works for me everytime...

that sound more like the other bug where the drone drops after 1 minute....

Spoon
09-10-04, 21:28
I lost 7 or 8 TL 101 drones last night to the "spawn in skybox" bug.......

I'm done with my droner...

Release the skill points, already...............

shend
09-10-04, 21:50
i'm becoming supersticious...
maybe if i launch far away from a wall it wont happen
maybe if i say 3 prayers it wont happen
maybe if i tie a knot in my dick it wont happen

i'm dead sure when it wont happen : when i lom to something else

damn you , kk , for not giving a fuck

the relogging thing hasn't worked for me once!

GIJ0e
10-10-04, 00:55
very dissapointing KK havent even mentioned these bugs. if only to tell us they are way down the list of priorities. i dont neccesarily want a skill release. my expectations from kk are that low that even a definite "no its not going to be fixed any time soon" would satisfy me, then at least i could start to lom

Terkantia
10-10-04, 15:23
Here are a few things I ahve noticed about this financially crippling drone bug. And yes, after 45K in drones in under 4 minutes (this includes the time to run back to mb and restock, I am done till this assinine shit is fixed. If it was rifles, ppl would be all over this shit, I jsut dont get it.) So I mad an APU till this is fixed.

I hotkey all my drones, typically 1-4, as the rest have my psi buffs and stam pokers and such. I hit the associated hotkey three times. First brings it up, the next disarms and the third brings it back up. Then I can launch.

When I am in a player target rich environment, it seems to happen FAR more often then if I am just out running around for my life. And yes, standing next to walls seems to bring it out more,m sas somneone above me pointed out.

If I ahven't lsot a drone in a while (couple of hours er so) I start to listen to the gunshot sound that the launch makes. I ahyve noticed that instead of it sounding like a burst from a fully automatic machhinegun, it sounds like the soundtraCk is doubled or tripled on top of itself. That seems to heppen a couple of times befoire the dreeded onslaught of lost drones, fingernail extraction and the breaking of monitors and such (j/k, but close . . .).

Also, if my client randomly starts to switch from first to third person view, the bug is lurking nearby as well. If I start to ahve issues with that, then the bug is sure to hit anytime.

Also, I ahvbe been smacked down with significant losses of fac sym and sl. I ahve my LE in, but it doesnt seem to amke a diff. When I was droning allot, I would hunt at the bunker jsut outside the mb. With the troves of ppl there, ya can't help but hit a melee er two in the competition for the kill. Yesterday, I got nailed with the significant lose twice in about twenty minutes. First one hit my fac sym (some really effin' hard) and not the sl. Second, dropped me from hit 70's to mid 50 in Tsunami fac. So far I figure I ahve lost about 50-60 fac sym with my faction and over 140 sl. I dont know how or what sl effectes, but it seems fairly easy to build up again and some seems to come back on its own. The fac sym jsut sucks, cuz at this rate, I'll never get access to my fac items.

Anyone else notice any of the above?

Eddited: I cna speel, i jsut can't tyep!

Xylaz
10-10-04, 16:16
tip for droners: LOM to rifles as i'm doing just now...

Spoon
10-10-04, 17:19
tip for droners: LOM to rifles as i'm doing just now...

My droner can't afford it.......

:(

Pungent77
10-10-04, 17:23
Here is a tip for droners----------> LoM or delete your shit

GIJ0e
11-10-04, 00:27
yeah think i'll go pistol, its just a pain in the arse since the "KK Timesink" 'd loms =( i can cope with the xp loss, but nearly 5 minutes a fucking lom? AAAAAAAAAAGH