PDA

View Full Version : Making Codebreakers

phunqe
09-10-04, 12:53
I have a bunch of spine parts that I've collected from enemy hacknet instrustion guards, labeled 001-006.

As far as I can tell, these are used to make the Codebreakers.

But how do I actually make one? I've tried recycle and CST on them (I assume the codebreaker need 6 spines, since that is all I got from a load of faction hacknet guards).

Thanks.

-Demon-
09-10-04, 13:21
wtf are codebreakers?

O_o

Richard Slade
09-10-04, 13:26
wtf are codebreakers?

O_o
that and the title "FAnG Hacker"
lol :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

phunqe
09-10-04, 13:27
Hehe... Codebreakers are used when you want to hack into an enemy database (together with the high TL blueprint as usual).

MrChumble
09-10-04, 13:28
lol
I've no idea either and my main active char only leaves hacknet when he dies :D

I've not had any mobs drop stuff on me yet, but I've been too scared to go to DoY mainframe yet :lol:

sanityislost
09-10-04, 13:29
maybe do a kinda ress thing on one of the new datacubes and then build it??
aka transfer the code parts you have onto a cube lol

SiL ..:..

MrChumble
09-10-04, 14:16
I gotta ask how you managed to get those parts...

I can deal with the level 60 mobs on the travel ways easily. The 80s are tougher but I can cope with 3 or 4 at once, more if I use the useful features of hacknet :D

So I went to the FA hacknet area, and got my ass handed to me by the rank 30 mobs in the firewall. After much healing and zoning and general arsing about I managed to get into the DNS...and those fscking level 60 mobs can damn near kill me in one hit and there's hundreds of the little blighters.

How the fook did you managed to kill them, let alone loot them O_o

phunqe
09-10-04, 23:11
I gotta ask how you managed to get those parts...

I can deal with the level 60 mobs on the travel ways easily. The 80s are tougher but I can cope with 3 or 4 at once, more if I use the useful features of hacknet :D

So I went to the FA hacknet area, and got my ass handed to me by the rank 30 mobs in the firewall. After much healing and zoning and general arsing about I managed to get into the DNS...and those fscking level 60 mobs can damn near kill me in one hit and there's hundreds of the little blighters.

How the fook did you managed to kill them, let alone loot them O_o

Well I cap the heal and shelter, so that helps a bit. But yes, I got the parts in the DNS of an enemy faction.

However, you can't hunt them up un top... Basically you have to jump down and have them follow you.

I know this is not the intended way, but since they fall down basically all the time when you kill them (they seldom stand still over the platform), it's the only way.

Anyway, I still haven't figured it out how you make the codebreakers.

Underground
09-10-04, 23:16
Well I cap the heal and shelter, so that helps a bit. But yes, I got the parts in the DNS of an enemy faction.

However, you can't hunt them up un top... Basically you have to jump down and have them follow you.

I know this is not the intended way, but since they fall down basically all the time when you kill them (they seldom stand still over the platform), it's the only way.

Anyway, I still haven't figured it out how you make the codebreakers.

well you gotta get the parts and recycle them

how the hell you kill the 100/100 mobs tho, my char has capped health, capped 'hack/mana' and pretttymuch caps regen and defence, plus attack, lvl 3 software, and their killin me in 3-4 hits O_o

whats ur ingame name this time sponge, ive got a recycler, also could go huntin in hacknet with u and team up.

phunqe
09-10-04, 23:19
well you gotta get the parts and recycle them

how the hell you kill the 100/100 mobs tho, my char has capped health, capped 'hack/mana' and pretttymuch caps regen and defence, plus attack, lvl 3 software, and their killin me in 3-4 hits O_o

whats ur ingame name this time sponge, ive got a recycler, also could go huntin in hacknet with u and team up.

I don't kill the 100/100 though. All the faction guards in the DNS are 60/60. Just shelter/heal and run past the firewall and others.

You use lvl3 hacknet software? Did you get that from the FA DB?
HEQ only sells lvl1 and lvl2, don't they?

I have tried to recycle it. I've placed all 6 parts in the processor on our recycler (same process for making DoY eyes)... nothing happens.

Underground
09-10-04, 23:19
I don't kill the 100/100 though. All the faction guards in the DNS are 60/60. Just shelter/heal and run past the firewall and others.

O_o

I bought them from HEW in via 3.

Underground
09-10-04, 23:20

I have tried to recycle it. I've placed all 6 parts in the processor on our recycler (same process for making DoY eyes)... nothing happens.

What TL recycler ?

{edit} shit that was meant to be a edit not a doublepost :o

phunqe
09-10-04, 23:21
O_o

I bought them from HEW in via 3.

Hmm... I though they sold only 2 different levels of software... Ah well... then they changed that. I got the most expensive they had.

EDIT: I think the recycler is like TL150

Underground
09-10-04, 23:21
Hmm... I though they sold only 2 different levels of software... Ah well... then they changed that. I got the most expensive they had.

Ill sort u out with BPs ingame of them.

Whats ur char, DM me or somethin

MrChumble
09-10-04, 23:22
Some of the DNS's aren't bugged I've discovered, so I got some parts by hunting there. No idea what to do with them though :)

Underground
09-10-04, 23:23
Some of the DNS's aren't bugged I've discovered, so I got some parts by hunting there. No idea what to do with them though :)

I thought it was only the 100/100 mobs in the FA sector :confused:

so just in the normal DNS rooms its the 60/60 mobs ?

phunqe
09-10-04, 23:24
I thought it was only the 100/100 mobs in the FA sector :confused:

so just in the normal DNS rooms its the 60/60 mobs ?

Correct.

Underground
10-10-04, 01:33
Correct.
sphunqe mate weve got parts 1 thru to 9, so theres more then 6. Gotta be 10 then, thats why you couldnt make stuff with 6 parts.

-Demon-
10-10-04, 01:55
lol :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you found it funny...really where is this shit written down cause as far as knew before now you just needed to get to the terminal in hacknet to hack the final layer not use a 'codebreaker'.

I better start hunting suppose...sigh.

Underground
10-10-04, 03:24
Glad you found it funny...really where is this shit written down cause as far as knew before now you just needed to get to the terminal in hacknet to hack the final layer not use a 'codebreaker'.

I better start hunting suppose...sigh.

dumbass :p *kicks the nub from clan*

Codebreakers afaik are for stealin stuff from enemy factions inside hacknet databases

got a couple of codebreaker SPINES # 6 and # 7 now :D

[Edit] Not the codebreaker parts, but the complete TL 35 and TL 50 recycled codebreakers

Dirus
10-10-04, 04:35
Recycle Recipies

TL35 SPINE Mark-6 Codebreaker

[edited]

TL50 SPINE Mark-7 Codebreaker

[edited]

phunqe
10-10-04, 04:37
Recycle Recipies

TL35 SPINE Mark-6 Codebreaker

[edited]

[edited]

Aha! Excellent.

Thanks Lupus.

And yeah, there are obviously 10 different parts :p

IceStorm
10-10-04, 04:56
Do I need codebreakers for access to truly Hostile faction databases, or just any faction outside my character's own?

If it's truly hostile, then my CM Spy should be able to access 10 of the 11 databases once a fix goes in. If it's outside my own faction, then I'll lay bets I get my seven remaining faction alts leveled before they reduce Hacknet mob damage (let alone address imp bonus problems). :-)

Mindgibber
10-10-04, 14:13
sorry, maybe wrong thread,

do i lose SL/faction sympatie when i kill enemy/friendly hacknet mobs ?
what about friendly/enemy runner do i lose there SL/faction sympatie ?
please help
Mindgibber

MeWhiteWolf
12-10-04, 05:41
Thankyou Lupus we <3 U :)

Birkoff
12-10-04, 06:11
Not much point in COde breakers until they implement the TH pheonix databse. You can jsut get ppl to get disks for u in the right faction for less trouble than getting a code breker and doing it yourself.

SnowCrash
12-10-04, 11:08
This recipies are not meant to be made public, especially not by a QA team member. We are now changing the recipies again. I am sorry for this trouble but the purpose of this is that the players find out the recipies and not just read it from the forums.

Sorin
12-10-04, 11:16
This recipies are not meant to be made public, especially not by a QA team member. We are now changing the recipies again. I am sorry for this trouble but the purpose of this is that the players find out the recipies and not just read it from the forums.

There are going to be some in game hints, aren't there? With no clue as to how many parts it takes to make a codebreaker, especially when parts are used multiple times, and when there's 10 parts to guess from, do you realize how many millions, or billions, or trillions of combinations are possible for a player to try?

Jesterthegreat
12-10-04, 11:21

baaaad Lupus :p

:edit:

i've lost count of the threads asking for a response from KK... but this is found immediatly? :rolleyes:

:edit2: its like callash posting to say he thought i was 15 in another thread... and ignoring anything important

§FS§Red Wing
12-10-04, 20:04

It didn't do any harm, at the moment it's impossible to get the higher spines in numbers.
To get them at all is already quite a time consuming task, I would say about 10min at least for 1 part.

Militaryman
13-10-04, 05:17
The really lame part is that the parts needed for the higher end code breakers drop very rarely from bugged mobs that are close to impossible to kill. Not only that but you take insane SL and faction hits whenever you kill any of the factional mobs in HN.

The truely worst part of them all is that your codebreaker gets "used" as in, you GIVE the codebreaker to the database wether you download something to a blueprint or not (so that really sucks if you dont have a datacube with you) I spent 5 days trying to get the parts to make my codebreaker. I finally completed one with a few parts to another (after the 5 days) and it got used up for no reason because I didn't know about it. Since my accounts were on free trial I have decided to cancel them both. Good luck with Neocron I thought it was a nice game for me, it was fun at first. Something to work for.. but if all i'm going to work for can be undone in seconds it's not worth playing and not only that... PAYING for it. ;)

IceStorm
13-10-04, 05:28
I am sorry for this trouble but the purpose of this is that the players find out the recipies and not just read it from the forums.Yeah... there's a lot of point in frustrating someone for a day or two as opposed to listing the formulas in patch notes. Remember antigama bones? Formulas were posted within 24 hrs.

Considering how badly broken HackNet is and how long it'll be before it's fixed, this discussion is rather moot. I expect HackNet will get a major rework after item tracking goes in (and before player shops).

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 09:31
Snowcrash, how about you fix hacknet first, before you start complaining about the recipies of your little "gimmick" being known.

Cubico
13-10-04, 09:53
Since my accounts were on free trial I have decided to cancel them both. Good luck with Neocron I thought it was a nice game for me, it was fun at first. Something to work for.. but if all i'm going to work for can be undone in seconds it's not worth playing and not only that... PAYING for it. ;)

I really like people who quitting an online game because of one imbalance or one bug.
Because these people are soo consistent. So please inform me when you really quitted your accounts.

Also tell me how stupid you feel when the bug is fixed. Because then there is no reason to not come back to the game but well, this would be not very consistent.

But you are right, better quit the game now and forever. I forsee that it is not good for you. There are much more bugs than just the one with the code breaker. And each time you find a bug will make you so angry again that you thread you will cancel your account. After the third time people will laugh about it, so you should quit right now.

IceStorm
13-10-04, 10:14
I really like people who quitting an online game because of one imbalance or one bug.I get the impression he's not quiting for good, but deciding not to extend his free trial into a paying acount because the profession he's chosen in the game is not finished.

You really can't blame him for cancelling his trial if the functionality he was expecting isn't finished. That's akin to paying to beta test. Large chunks of the game are finished and work, but Hacknet isn't one of them.

Cubico
13-10-04, 12:53
I get the impression he's not quiting for good, but deciding not to extend his free trial into a paying acount because the profession he's chosen in the game is not finished.

He was talking about two accounts. This makes 8 char slots on the english server.

You really can't blame him for cancelling his trial if the functionality he was expecting isn't finished. That's akin to paying to beta test. Large chunks of the game are finished and work, but Hacknet isn't one of them.

I dont blame him personally, I dont know him, probably never met him in the game.
What I dont understand is that people are not willing to pay the money for the service. Go to the cinema, buy a DVD, buy cigarettes or some beer. You should compare these products and services with the money you have to pay for the NC account. And from this point of view the game and service KK provides is not bad.
But dont compare it with i.g. a Nintendo game that is a) an offline game, b) been developed within the last 3 years and c) tested for at least one year.

Beside from that, this all remembers me of an ingame buddy. We used to hunt launcher cyclops at Military base about two years ago. I was tangent, he was Crahn or BD, dont remember. Then KK introduced faction sympathies, and my buddy couldnt go to MB without being attacked by CM guards. I told him there are other places to level but he was so angry about it that he quitted the game.

IceStorm
13-10-04, 12:58
He was talking about two accounts. This makes 8 char slots on the english server.So? I have 16 slots on Terra. It doesn't mean I really want to PLAY all 16 slots. I only have three and a half "professions". The rest are alts to bypass the item distribution fiasco or faction kills if I decide I really don't want to buy a MOVEON.

What I dont understand is that people are not willing to pay the money for the service.If the features you want aren't there, then the "service" really isn't, is it?
You should compare these products and services with the money you have to pay for the NC account. Hate to break this to you, but NC's entertainment, nothing more. $15/mo for no monthy entertainment, or $10 to $50 for several hours to several days of entertainment. The $15/mo looks somewhat silly if it isn't entertaining...

Sorin
13-10-04, 12:58
I told him there are other places to level but he was so angry about it that he quitted the game.

I had an in-game friend that took something small like that to the extreme and quit too. During my first couple of months (jan-mar 03) myself, someone else, and this guy leveled together. We were all new, all in the same clan, and explored the world together and leveled with each other. Two of us were pistol PEs and the guy was a hybrid monk.

Well one day there was a patch that changed Psi Boosters from instant, to recharge. We tried to show him that it wasn't really that bad, we tried to get him to try the other classes (Saturn, 4 slots mind you) but he just wouldn't have it. A few hours after the patch, he quit. He said all fun had been removed from the game.

I wish he would have stayed. It really sucks when the people you got to know and learn the game with in your early days quit.

RIP Augustus Valere.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:24
I really like people who quitting an online game because of one imbalance or one bug.

i can name more than one imbalance or bug...

Bugs Gunny
13-10-04, 13:38
I now know what you early NC guys were always referring to when you said:

"Back when NC1 was released we were paying for an open beta"

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 13:42
I now know what you early NC guys were always referring to when you said:

"Back when NC1 was released we were paying for an open beta"

haha...
the sad thing is the some of these bugs (like 90% of drone bugs) were in the NC1 beta :(

henrymkfin
13-10-04, 14:03
I'm still playing and paying. I do have that delusion that KK will fix;

-Epics
-Fatal error issues (what ever causes that)
-Mem leaks
-Hacket (mobs and databases etc.)
-Prices of some stuff. (way too high)
-Put features ingame what they promised! (weather conditions like snow and suff)
-Put features ingame that they told there could/would be. (Commandline hacking on citycom terminals etc,)
-Syncronization problems (game freezes to sync and requires dozen relogins or restart of game or reboot of computer)
-Fix that damn bug that corrupts data on harddrive on fatal error crash.

So the game is somewhatBETA now! There is no way I can call this game anything else. I have paid for Beta game before. Can't recall what was the name of that online game but open beta stage was not free! Fee wasn't as high as NC2 but it was ok. At least I had one month free play time when that game was finally released.
It would be nice if KK would atleast drop the monthly cost of the account to 7€/kk untill the game was somewhat ready.
I play and i pay but don't enjoy the game as much!

Great game though! :p Too bad i can't enjoy my hacker character due the hacknet bugs. Hope future will be brighter!

msdong
13-10-04, 14:13
...Not only that but you take insane SL and faction hits whenever you kill any of the factional mobs in HN....

well i hope that dosnt change. i get no SL hit from killing CM programms as a TG only FS that is kind of OK.

btw i takes much longer to get the parts because u allways need to reset position from the ground ;)
so plese glue mobs to the grid

tkNukem
13-10-04, 14:32
don't hurt my sexy lupus!!! i bet that now he'll never gain access to the fuckin source so he can fix the fubar code! :( :( :(

Cubico
13-10-04, 14:52
i can name more than one imbalance or bug...

Me too, i am droner :cool:
But the guy with his hacknet problem is talking about one problem only that makes him quitting.

Jesterthegreat
13-10-04, 14:55
Me too, i am droner :cool:
But the guy with his hacknet problem is talking about one problem only that makes him quitting.

if you played this game to tradeskill and you found the tradeskill system bugged to fuck you would quit over one thing...

if he feels its bad enough to make him quit thats his decision and we have no right to judge him for it

Militaryman
13-10-04, 16:22
For all of you talking about me quitting the game. It's already done I cancelled my free trials. The reason I had two accounts was because I was planning on bringing my friends to the game and the second account was just there for her to join me at testing it. It was the first of another 8 accounts that were going to open up.

As for me leaving "Over a small bug" well, that isn't entirely the case. As all of you who have been in the hacknet already know, it's not entirely "bug free" I had to deal with not only enemy hackers trying to kill me (because of the faction decreases being forced on me from hunting enemy programs to get the spines)

All in all, after 5 days.. and not casual playing, these were 5 days of rigorous hunting down of information, working my way to the spot, and finally hunting the mobs.. (Aprox 8-11 hours each night) I ended up with my first Codebreaker. And here I am, a high level hacker proud of myself for getting this work of achievement. When I go to the Protopharm Database to check it out. I click on the database and it says "Codebreaker Spine-6 Loading" And gives me a menu saying the stuff the database contains. I was happy for a brief moment, until I cancelled out of it (because of me not having a TL 90 High Capacity Datacube) And the guardian mobs around me attacked and killed me. My Codebreaker was GIVEN to the database and not given back to me.. All I got was a brief look at the database followed with a swift death. (The mob pushed me off the edge and I didn't fight back because I didn't want to lose faction from a friendly faction..)

It wasn't 1 bug that ruined it for me. I delt with at least 12 seperate bugs in the hacknet just to GET to the place where I could kill the mobs that carried the right items. Let alone another 5-10 bugs in the place while I was hunting it. One of the most annoying is being almost instantly killed upon zoning in. Not only did I have to deal with all of these bugs, I petitioned at the end when all of my hard work was rewarded with a slap across the face. I gave them 4 hours to respond to my first petition. After my petition climbed up to # 1 in the queue and sat there for 3 hours, I still gained no answer. I deleted my petition trying again, this time with a little frustration in my messege and tried to be a bit more clear about my problem. Another 3 hours went by and I had to go to sleep shortly after, so I tried one last time. I posted in a messege that I needed someone to reply to me within the next hour before I go to bed for work in the morning, I stated that if I recieved no reply I would cancel all of my free trials and reccomend to my friends NOT to play their game. That hour came and passed, I gave them an extra 15 minutes while getting ready for bed and still no reply.

I then logged out of the game and cancelled both of my trials and refuse to pay for the game. Both the high cost of actually buying the game and the 15$ a month per account for the.... *cough* service.

I quit out of the lack of service that they wanted me to pay for. Not only that but the service I was requesting for the lack of a finished product.. Maybe in a few months i'll check back in to see if they made any improvements at all. But I wouldn't count it likely.

They could have done so much more with the hacknet, less bugs, more content, a bit more structured.. But as it is right now it's eye candy for the Matrix fans. Something put in just to give a shred of hope for unfinished professions. When it is turned into a nicely working environment i'll think about returning. Until then, good luck with your addictions. I wont let myself get addicted again.

( Still working off his 3 year addiction to Anarchy Online, Starwars Galaxies, and Asherons Call 2.. and his 5 year addictions to Everquest, Asherons Call, Dark Age of Camelot, and a few other games.. I refuse to get addicted to a game again, if it ceases to be fun I dont need to pay for it. ;) )

tkNukem
13-10-04, 18:40
that was mildly off topic D:
i think it's funny how they didn't allow the announcement of the recipe. it makes sense, but meh. alls i can say is that it (the recipes of this shit) better be on nc.synergyxr.net ASAP.

Killfly
13-10-04, 22:11
I have a friend who worked his nuts off getting all the parts for a code breaker... Finally managed to do it, went to another faction's hs-db and gave his code breaker away with nothing in return. Nice. I really felt for him. There needs to be some info on this as it is discouraging when you put that much work into something.

Militaryman
13-10-04, 22:17
Killfly, this is Beowulff... heh ;)

Spoon
13-10-04, 22:35
lol.....

mmmmkay......

It's no wonder nothing ever gets fixed in this game....

MrChumble
13-10-04, 23:14
This recipies are not meant to be made public, especially not by a QA team member. We are now changing the recipies again. I am sorry for this trouble but the purpose of this is that the players find out the recipies and not just read it from the forums.Yeah that sucks, bitches making the recipes public! How dare they. It's almost like they want people to use the stuff in game.

It's much better when you have no clue how to do it. Like with leather armour, I was so excited when my rank 30 spy found out how to make leather armour! Ok so it was no use to me beyond about rank 5, but that's hardly the point. It would be so sucky if I was to post the recipe in the newbie forum so that newbies could make themselves some armour, so I won't do that. I'll let them discover it at rank 30 as well!

Edit! Incidently I also think having such a public go at Lupus is a little out of order, although I'm sure he's entirely capable of fighting his own corner. I hope you haven't discouraged him from talking to us; it's nice that at least ONE person does O_o

tkNukem
14-10-04, 01:35
Yeah that sucks, bitches making the recipes public! How dare they. It's almost like they want people to use the stuff in game.

It's much better when you have no clue how to do it. Like with leather armour, I was so excited when my rank 30 spy found out how to make leather armour! Ok so it was no use to me beyond about rank 5, but that's hardly the point. It would be so sucky if I was to post the recipe in the newbie forum so that newbies could make themselves some armour, so I won't do that. I'll let them discover it at rank 30 as well!

Edit! Incidently I also think having such a public go at Lupus is a little out of order, although I'm sure he's entirely capable of fighting his own corner. I hope you haven't discouraged him from talking to us; it's nice that at least ONE person does O_ogg captain sarcasmo.
i'd have to agree with at least making the items public. and also fixing the hacknet bugs and such instead of bragging about secrecy of forumlas (gg snowcrash).

angelsenior
14-10-04, 11:14
Well,

I could agree on not posting the formulas and info on the forum,
but then I would like an ingame part of information;

it could be easily done, constructed as a riddle of some sorts,
where you get a part of the riddle in a datacube or something
which would drop now and then as loot.
So that after combining the info and hints you know what to do, what to expect.

It wouldnt be easy to find but neither would players be in complete darkness.

And seeing that it would add a nice touch to the game, a puzzle to be solved it'd be appreciated.

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 11:25
Yes, there must be some sort of clues or logic otherwise its impossible to figure out the recycle combination.

10 different items in 10 differnt slots where each item can occur more then once result in an 1/10 000 000 000 chance of guessing the right combo.

Maybe you could get the combo by hacking the phoenix database in TH or something.

And for the codebreakers to be one time use only... o_O i so regret making an pure hacker...Thought Hackers would be usefull in HackNet, but no, now a Tank with 0 hackskill (with a spy-3 buff) can obtain the same blueprints as my pure Hacker since i can only acces my own faction database... :mad:

MeWhiteWolf
14-10-04, 12:12
unless this patch changed tanks then no.
A tank cannot enter hacknet - i was unhappy to discover with my 52 in hack melee tank.

JustIn_Case
14-10-04, 12:38
Yeah seems like tanks cant enter hacknet anylonger (they could in beta).
But "item in use" message sounds more like an bug.
Still with hack 20 you can get all the bps an hack 150+ char can.

But i started a thread about that subject, this is about the codebreakers...sorry for getting the thread of topic.

Bugs Gunny
14-10-04, 12:52
I totaly agree with MrChumble.

Btw, i think they went in the right direction with amrad and nmpu parts in the last patch. At least now we start seeing stuff ingame.
Last night we had a DOY bomber appearing and i was driving around in a rhino.

Killfly
14-10-04, 22:12
Killfly, this is Beowulff... heh ;)

;)

I'm looking out for ya mate :D

Underground
14-10-04, 22:26
Yeah seems like tanks cant enter hacknet anylonger (they could in beta).
But "item in use" message sounds more like an bug.
Still with hack 20 you can get all the bps an hack 150+ char can.

But i started a thread about that subject, this is about the codebreakers...sorry for getting the thread of topic.

With a hack 20 chra, try actually getting the parts to make a codebreaker.

Opar
14-10-04, 23:39

BUSTED!!!

EDIT : There goes that KK job, Lupus buddy :p:p

MeWhiteWolf
15-10-04, 01:10
back on topic, i totally agree that if there are 10 parts that can repeat inside a rec recipie then we need some in game hints (seeing as they cant be posted here)
as suggested perhaps a DC with info - if u want to make it harder make the DC drop from a hard non HN mob, since i find it hard to believe that anyone REALLY powerful in HN won't be outside - too much gimpage....

§FS§Red Wing
15-10-04, 02:13
back on topic, i totally agree that if there are 10 parts that can repeat inside a rec recipie then we need some in game hints (seeing as they cant be posted here)
as suggested perhaps a DC with info - if u want to make it harder make the DC drop from a hard non HN mob, since i find it hard to believe that anyone REALLY powerful in HN won't be outside - too much gimpage....

As stated in another thread : to cap v0.3 attack software you need about 170 HCK and 150 TC and there is still the multilink software which won't be capped with those stats(ok, it's not useful anyway atm but it may get so one day).
That doesn't leave enough room for being really useful outside HN apart from being driver...who can't go into caves or ceres labs.

IceStorm
15-10-04, 03:34
i totally agree that if there are 10 parts that can repeat inside a rec recipie then we need some in game hints (seeing as they cant be posted here)He didn't say they can't be posted here, he said a KK person can't post them here.

If it comes down to NO ONE being able to post them here, well, nc.synergyxr.net and www.rpgplanet.com/neocron are both still up...

MeWhiteWolf
15-10-04, 09:13
:) that was my point actually, to make the hacker have to obtain the info from another runner and that runner from outside HN
(ie keep with the new direction of the game, player trade).
heh might give the hardcore hackers a reason to leave HN occasionally.

Bugs Gunny
15-10-04, 09:17
I only leave hacknet to stock up on datacubes :-)

Not much point in hunting in there now anyway.

TheLibra
15-10-04, 21:32
I just wanted to say "Thank You" for this thread. I very nearly wasted my pittance of gaming time I get each day... to think I almost made a hacker character... HAH! Not bloody likely now. I'm going to stick to my Tank Sammie and maybe see about a tradeskiller later... I'll leave Hacking off till Neocron 3 comes out and the "old" Hacknet bugs are beginning to get fixed.