PDA

View Full Version : Gliders are a mess

superfresh
09-10-04, 08:21
My experience with gliders:

1) If you sync too long you plummet, they blow up, and you die.

2) You get hung up all over the place with these things - suspended in mid-air, can't move, etc..

3) Tried to spawn one at a garage outside of Techhaven. It was damaged so I payed to have it repaired. When I spawned it it appeared next to a tree and blew up.

4) WTF

5) Why am I paying a subscription to help KK sort out their bugs. I'm a customer not an employee or developer.

Clive tombstone
09-10-04, 09:20
Ive been bitching the same thing, I tellz yah, get rid of collision damage. simple, easy, instant fix.

superfresh
09-10-04, 09:36
Lol you're sig reminds me of South Carolina's "South of the Border". There's a big golden sombrero tower there that you can ascend to see...gas stations in other counties.

Yeah your idea is a good one. I've lost a lot of money and time on these gliders that I figured would be part of a completed and well tested game package. Alas.

Seven
09-10-04, 09:58
My experience with gliders:

5) Why am I paying a higher subscription to help KK sort out their bugs. I'm a customer not an employee or developer.

5 Stars.

joran420
09-10-04, 10:25
cause its better than no neocrack at all?

superfresh
09-10-04, 10:46
cause its better than no neocrack at all?

The neocrack thing is wearing thin though. I've done most of what I'm doing ages ago. NC2 should be new, not NC1 revisited. All I'm doing is the same stuff I was doing when I first came to NC. I'm having a tough time understanding if NC2 is supposed to be a new game, in which case there won't be any new players since they will never get through the Fortress of the C2P payment method, and if they do they'll most likely laugh at the design flaws that exceed those of most other MMORPGs. And for older players, well, its just NC1, but you've been robbed of your crap and have to start all over, and the new challenges involve game design shortcomings more than anything else.

...edit... I would almost have preferred if they actually prolonged NC2 even longer to hammer this stuff out, so that the customers that are now made elite by having survived the trials and tribulations of Click2Pay could at least have the satisfaction of reaching the light at the end of the tunnel and arrive at a game package that is somewhat stable and fresh. I've been loyal to NC way too long to have to pay to help improve a faulty service.

jiga
09-10-04, 11:18
One of the gliders requires 90 int and 60 str O_o . I haven't tried shooting one yet but I can't imagine being able to hit anything since you can't stop in mid air and you have to keep going.

MrChumble
09-10-04, 11:41
One of the gliders requires 90 int and 60 str O_o . I haven't tried shooting one yet but I can't imagine being able to hit anything since you can't stop in mid air and you have to keep going.
It's a bit like the trike in reverse. Crazily high stat requirements, and then the one thing you'd expect to be able to do in a trike - hit and run attacks - you can't cos it has a range of about 6 metres and takes forever to lock on. You need to drive right up to someone and park beside them to shoot them. If they're not AFK all they have to do to avoid dying is run round your trike cos it turns sooo slowly.

Sounds like gliders are even worse :lol:

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for a fix, trikes have been shit for a year and they've not made any changes to them.

MkVenner
09-10-04, 12:11
imo the only vehicle that "right" is the Hover tech, and mebbe the 4x4s, The rhino you can walk insode so the crew cant kill you, and it is taken out rediculously fast by melee and standard small arms fire. The motorbike really is a bit slow, the combat wheeler 2 seater thing is still really hard to kill/aim with, the aforementioned trike problems, and the APC is a bitch to steer and it just dont look right lol

ive not actually gone any where in a glider or piloting one, mainly coz i dont have any character that meat the reqs, im making a pilot dude from scratch, but some of the problems i hear sound really stupid lol

ROZZER187
09-10-04, 14:05
gotta agree gliders need a serious re working

i flew a few sectors the other day then while i was in the air my glider crashed into something invisible then blew up :wtf:

there was nothing even there and i crashed :lol:

nice idea btw 5 stars

superfresh
09-10-04, 16:48
Just received this PM:

"I posted my NC->MB experiences with gliders on open beta forum

They haven't fixed ANYTHING since gliders were patched to testserver 1.5 years ago and added new bugs.

I needed 12 gliders to fly to MB from NC

ok 2 of them I crashed on purpose
2 spawned but were not around, could not be dismissed
3 exploded right after zonin from OZ zone to Jeriko zone
3 were lost in sync - after sync I saw only yellow fog and nothing else, I was moving around map but I was blind - so they exploded soon after crashing into something
1 exploded when I hit a tree right after zoning
1 I was able to fly almost to MB (crashed while landing near battledome)

If you spawn glider (any type) at nothern TH garage, they start flying towards garage, go INSIDE it and their HLT drops to ~20%

And they can get stuck in air if you fly too high:
(screenshots of that bug)
http://3web.dkm.cz/extirpator/fly2/shot0026.jpg
http://3web.dkm.cz/extirpator/fly2/shot0027.jpg
http://3web.dkm.cz/extirpator/fly2/shot0030.jpg
http://3web.dkm.cz/extirpator/fly2/shot0031.jpg

---
open beta forums are no longer available and I can't post in community (account cancelled long long time ago)
feel free to post (or not to post) my experiences in your thread"

...collision damage is realistic but simply does not work correctly. Removing it for the time being seems to be the lesser of two evils IMO.

Clive tombstone
09-10-04, 17:29
well I totally aggree, someone needs to make a poll on if colllision damage should be removed. of course if anyone does, your going to get the people who say "no cuz itll unbalance stuff" and then when you ask them how it will, they'll give you some bogus answer.

as too glider requirements, there simply stupid. honestly, the vehicles blow up on the drop of a hat, tree's should be more feared than anti aircraft missles.

And finally, Why the hell dont we have like a "launch pad" at each city entrance. I mean, for if they DONT remove collision damage, which I really hope they do remove it.

PS, if your a PE or any other class, and you love vehicles check this thread
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=114579&page=2

Mithranthir
10-10-04, 01:20
forget they will fix gliders they have the same problem as they had at testserver 10 months ago...only thing that works is bomber and transport