PDA

View Full Version : Hacknet and T-C skill affecting damage

phunqe
09-10-04, 00:32
I've heard conflicting information regarding whether T-C actually affects damage and potentially even frequency for hacknet software.

What's the deal? Does T-C affect the hacknet software or is it indeed only still a requirement skill?

Thanks.

Underground
09-10-04, 00:38
I've heard conflicting information regarding whether T-C actually affects damage and potentially even frequency for hacknet software.

What's the deal? Does T-C affect the hacknet software or is it indeed only still a requirement skill?

Thanks.

TC seems to be your equivelent of RC/APU/HC/MC etc

Ill do some tests in a bit to confirm it tho

IceStorm
09-10-04, 00:45
Yeah, TC has an effect. Added some to my new Spy and it seemed to speed him up.

Lupus is supposed to post a new Skills Guide. Haven't seen it yet.

§FS§Red Wing
09-10-04, 00:47
HackNet Skills update, current values.

HackNet Weapon Dmg, Hnd, Rng = INT 0.1(10%) + HCK 0.5(50%) + TC 0.4(40%).

That was in the open beta forum on 17-09-04 and is still valid as far as my own hacking observations go(one point in TC almost equals one point in HCK in all stats).

Birkoff
09-10-04, 00:54
TC also helps mana in hacknet

HP as well maybe

phunqe
09-10-04, 00:54
Aha.. excellent... Thanks for the info all.

MrChumble
09-10-04, 13:37
This is speculation, but based on my current damage and some LoM tests, I think the optimum skill levels will be approx 130 base hack, 110 base TC, capped INT. That assumes you want to use a weapon in the real world as well...obviously you'd get better stats if you just went more hack and tc :)

I've not tested it yet, but I think that will be pretty close. If hacknet combat becomes a major issue I'll probably go pure hn stuffs. For now I'm trying to balance it with some real world pistol skills.

Side note: Having cyberspace in a virtual world is very confusing. When I say the real world I of course mean the 'real' nc world :lol:
The real world shall be refered to as RealLife{tm}

nobody2004
09-10-04, 13:46
From Lupus:

Ok, heres the Hacknet stuff. I had this posted in the Hacknet thread, but that's gone with the Open Beta Forums.

Hacknet Skills

Health = INT 10% + HCK 30% + HLT 60%
Stamina = INT 10% + HCK 30% + END 60%
Hack = INT 10% + HCK 30% + TC 60%

HackNet Weapon

Dmg, Hnd, Rng = INT 0.1(10%) + HCK 0.5(50%) + TC 0.4(40%)

As for an update to the skills guide. I'll get to that as soon as possible. Tho I currently have a few other higher priority projects on the go.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1639058#post1639058

phunqe
09-10-04, 14:05
Health = INT 10% + HCK 30% + HLT 60%

I find this highly illogical.

Our imps aren't valid in hacknet, cause there we're only a virtual representation of ourselves.. right... well then why does HLT on your "real" avatar affect the HLT in hacknet?
I don't get it.

HCK and T-C should affect your health, since that is tied to your virtual skill in hacknet. Nothing else.

EDIT: What I mean is that HLT is a skill tied to your body, not your brain.

J. Folsom
09-10-04, 14:07

Our imps aren't valid in hacknet, cause there we're only a virtual representation of ourselves.. right... well then why does HLT on your "real" avatar affect the HLT in hacknet?
I don't get it.

HCK and T-C should affect your health, since that is tied to your virtual skill in hacknet. Nothing else.
I think that's more for balancing reasons than anything else. It's not particularly realistic, but otherwise skilling a pure hacker would become ridiculously simple (Not to say it isn't already, but it'd be even more ridiculously simple).

phunqe
09-10-04, 14:10
Yeah, ok I hear you :p

nobody2004
09-10-04, 14:18

I don't get it.

EDIT: What I mean is that HLT is a skill tied to your body, not your brain.

I DON'T uderstand why implants are supposed not to work.
And it screws up every thing because one can't play with implants to achieve the requirements :( :( :(

Worse, did you notice that while you're outside HN, with your implants in, and talk to a vendor, implants bonus aren't removed which means thant if I have a +xx TC and/or +yy HCK implant, I talk to the vendor, check which soft I can use, buy it, go into HN and ... guest what ?!?

Can't use it because I don't meet the requirements (without implants) ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

HAVE OUR IMPLANTS WORK in HN please.

phunqe
09-10-04, 14:38
Well to be honest, I like that imps doesn't work in hacknet.
It really rewards the pure hacker. If imps should work, the line between casual and pure hacker would be blurred.

Serpent
09-10-04, 14:50
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=69477

last post ;)

nobody2004
09-10-04, 15:06
Well to be honest, I like that imps doesn't work in hacknet.
It really rewards the pure hacker. If imps should work, the line between casual and pure hacker would be blurred.

Yes and No :)

But in any case, have the implants WORK.

And if it's KK wish to have "pure hackers" rewarded for some reason, increase the specs on softs (come's to the same result, but then one can still play with his template by using the corresponding implants).

What about a riffle for "pure" riffle caracters ?!?
Or a psi spell only a fully caped psi with corresponding "pure" skills could cast ?!?

Doesn't make sense to me ...

Or suppress implants ...

§FS§Red Wing
09-10-04, 16:02
It actually works in favour for a hacker that imps don't have any effect in HackNet. That way a hacker can use a load of implants which give bonuses to other skills and maybe even hurt hacking without influencing HackNet.

nobody2004
09-10-04, 16:35
It actually works in favour for a hacker that imps don't have any effect in HackNet. That way a hacker can use a load of implants which give bonuses to other skills and maybe even hurt hacking without influencing HackNet.

Understood.

But you can take an imp out, can't you ?

Si if imps DO WORK in HN, you have the choice, take it out, put an other one in, it's up to you.

Where if imp don't work, you don't have the choice.

I can throw away my hck and tc related imps, because I will have to get that much PURE hck and tc, that I will match other non HN requirements (steath, OP hacking, ...) without the need for imps. :confused: o_O :eek:

But then I will have to screw up my template to get those extra skill points :(

No fun ...

And I sill don't get the point of why they shouldn't work ?!?

Why not suppress imps effect in other areas then, like when you're in the wastelands ?

Or in specific areas.
Let's say in OP areas imps don't work, what about that great idea ? :rolleyes:

GET IMPS TO WORK IN HN !!! :angel:

PS: Could a GM tell us what's the idea behind imps not working in HN ?
mmm ?
Ahhh, it's just a bug ?!? :) :) :)
Now I feel better :D :D :D

§FS§Red Wing
09-10-04, 17:57
I understand what you mean but I am looking at this matter from the standpoint of a pure hacker.
From that point of view it is an advantage that imps don't work as you have to highly specialize in order to be real good in hacknet. You wouldn't have to do so if imps would work, there are too many imps with too high bonuses to hck/tc which could also be why KK has chosen not to let imps work.

The current state is that it's your skill that counts, not the items you have. This is how it should be.

Killfly
09-10-04, 19:46
I was quite surprised by how little HCK affects things and how much T-C does ^^ Interesting figures to play around with...