PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired - SAFEZONE HQ's STINK !

Underground
08-10-04, 22:11
This is bullshit, sorry kk and anyone that takes offence to this, but safezone Faction headquaters are a joke, people fuckin bein cocks, PKing their own factions over and over till they hit the precious negative 16 or negative 31, then going AFK in the safezone HQ, Not being attacked by the guards even though theyve just killed members of their own faction.

Remove the fucking safezones from everywhere.

Make it so that if someone has negative soullight, minus 1 and lower, that their location shows up on citycom info, make it so that their apartment password shows aswell if they are in one of their apartments.

This clan sofar today has made chars with names almost identicle to ours and acted like complete fuckin retards on trade and ooc, thinking its gonna get us in the shit, screenshots are being sent in once their sorted out. Ive been pushed out of my own HQ while going for a piss, their clan being there but me thinking hey, safezone, and same faction, nothing to worry about, i come back dead outside and they proceed to kill me over and over at the GR, Its my choise to rep to that GR, And im glad they lost faction sympathy and soullight, however with the god damn safezones there for them to run and hide in when we bring 2 people to fight their 5, its fucking pathetic. Its virge exploit, getting away with your actions thru using game mechanics, its a fucking joke. Just remove the bloody safezones and make people live with their actions and what comes from them.

KRIMINAL99
08-10-04, 22:24
You knew that A) people can be pushed even off zone B) outside was not a safe zone C) they wanted to kill you.

You made a bad call by going afk.... You also knew they would continue to kill you, and you also knew they could hide in the hq.

What do you think they should do, stand outside looking sheepish so you can kill them so that you can feel better?

Just learn from your mistakes and adapt to the game.

Don't cry sploiter just out of frustration thats really lame. This is a perfect example of why exploiting rules are so screwed up. This guy dies and he wants to twist the definition of exploit to encompass them hiding out in the safe zone. Notice how the so called definition of an "exploit" doesn't prevent him from saying anything is an exploit that he doesn't like, all he has to do is claim it is unfair from some (no matter how naive) point of view and that it was a weakness. (also vague and subjective)

Get rid of exploit policy and replace it with only the specific things you don't want people doing no matter what. People crying sploiter all the time ruins the game.

PS) There really are specificly stated rules about pushing people across boarders however in some situations, although I don't think this was one of them.

Underground
08-10-04, 22:35
You knew that A) people can be pushed even off zone B) outside was not a safe zone C) they wanted to kill you.

You made a bad call by going afk.... You also knew they would continue to kill you, and you also knew they could hide in the hq.

What do you think they should do, stand outside looking sheepish so you can kill them so that you can feel better?

Just learn from your mistakes and adapt to the game.

Don't cry sploiter just out of frustration thats really lame. This is a perfect example of why exploiting rules are so screwed up. This guy dies and he wants to twist the definition of exploit to encompass them hiding out in the safe zone. Notice how the so called definition of an "exploit" doesn't prevent him from saying anything is an exploit that he doesn't like, all he has to do is claim it is unfair from some (no matter how naive) point of view and that it was a weakness. (also vague and subjective)

Get rid of exploit policy and replace it with only the specific things you don't want people doing no matter what. People crying sploiter all the time ruins the game.

PS) There really are specificly stated rules about pushing people across boarders however in some situations, although I don't think this was one of them.

Krim i know that dont state the obvious, I willingly got myself all imps popped and 100% SI, its the fact that once we get 2 combat guys there the FIVE of them with TWO PPUs go and hide in the safezone and talk shit lol.

KRIMINAL99
08-10-04, 22:43
Well thats pretty bitch lol but its not exploiting heh...

Underground
Well thats pretty bitch lol but its not exploiting heh...

Its cowardice

joran420
lol...thats rough man...

but yeh if theyre duping yer guys' names to get u greif that sounds like theyre breaking rules and will receive a warning at the very least

Safezones are needed for Tradeskillers and the like....just cause some ppl abuse them shouldnt get them taken from everyone else

MkVenner
08-10-04, 22:46
they could just idle in there apps tho...

KRIMINAL99
08-10-04, 22:46
lol...thats rough man...

but yeh if theyre duping yer guys' names to get u greif that sounds like theyre breaking rules and will receive a warning at the very least

Safezones are needed for Tradeskillers and the like....just cause some ppl abuse them shouldnt get them taken from everyone else

Oh yeah thats in the rules too isn't it?

naimex
08-10-04, 22:48
SOLUTION :

Faction Sympathy for a DoY faction below : -36 = KOS To all Guards of all DoY factions including the DoY-DoY guardians.

and same for nc..

Faction Sympathy for an NC faction below : -36 KOS To all Guards of all NC factions including the cop and storm bots.

Driven to live in exile in the waste..

They chose to kill their own... now they pay the price.

Underground
08-10-04, 22:58
SOLUTION :

Faction Sympathy for a DoY faction below : -36 = KOS To all Guards of all DoY factions including the DoY-DoY guardians.

and same for nc..

Faction Sympathy for an NC faction below : -36 KOS To all Guards of all NC factions including the cop and storm bots.

Driven to live in exile in the waste..

They chose to kill their own... now they pay the price.

kinda suprisingly, after killing my green soullight char, clanned, 5 minutes after all those involved in said clan have 95-99 TG sympathy.....

Felissa
08-10-04, 23:02
Here (http://cp.neocron.com/8/suppolicies) you can find the following:

List of Prohibited In-Game Actions

Pushing dead bodies or players who are away from the keyboard (afk) beyond zone boundaries so as to deny resurrection or to enable the killing of an afk player.
Copying another runner's name with the express purpose of gaining personal advantage or harassing the original.

With other words, report it and this guys may get banned.

I would suggest to make safezones unsafe for runners with negative SL (guards / Bots are shooting them without them being able to shoot back).

naimex
08-10-04, 23:03
kinda suprisingly, after killing my green soullight char, clanned, 5 minutes after all those involved in said clan have 95-99 TG sympathy.....

well.. only 1 more thing to do then...

remove sympathy gain for killing enemy runners...

simple as that..

make people do missions...

but dont get me wrong.. just cuz you dont get symp for killing enemy runners, you still lose for killing allied..

people should be Punished with a capital P for killing allies and own.

EDIT :

Felissa, I fail to see anywhere stated in your quote that itīs prohibited to killl own and allies..

joran420
08-10-04, 23:07
Yeh i wish guards would only agro at like -30 so players could go lookin for bad guys more

Shinto
08-10-04, 23:08
Felissa, I fail to see anywhere stated in your quote that itīs prohibited to killl own and allies..

allied or not they still pushed him while AFK, which as felissa showed is exploit

naimex
08-10-04, 23:09
allied or not they still pushed him while AFK, which as felissa showed is exploit

sorry my bad.. i kinda jumped over the first post or so, just read a line here and there...

so many words, so compressed...

but well, it might just be cuz im used to my lyrical way of writing.. as people have described it as.

Vithar
08-10-04, 23:13
If you feel that you are the victim of abuse then send an email, with supporting evidence (i.e. screenshots, console.log), to abuse@neocron.com.

In addition, if you feel that others have exploited, then send an email to exploits@neocron.com, also with supporting evidence.

V

SirRah
08-10-04, 23:13
EDIT :

But its prohibited to push AFKers and copy other peoples name to cause them trouble. EDIT: damnit Shinto beat me to it :p

And removing symp gain for killing enemies is pretty much crap. How do you change a faction (cuz you changed your mind and like this faction more than your current one now) then? Don't tell me you do missions with negative symp?

naimex
08-10-04, 23:14
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Copbot"

sorry Vith...

but i belive its "Neighbourhood"

*hides*

But its prohibited to push AFKers and copy other peoples name to cause them trouble. EDIT: damnit Shinto beat me to it :p

And removing symp gain for killing enemies is pretty much crap. How do you change a faction (cuz you changed your mind and like this faction more than your current one now) then? Don't tell me you do missions with negative symp?

exclusive epic taken on by npcs in the wastes, where you have to prove worthy of acceptance into the faction, rewarded with faction sympathy ?

just a suggestion of course.

Vithar
08-10-04, 23:22
sorry Vith...

but i belive its "Neighbourhood"

*hides*Perhaps in England, but I'm American, and here it's "neighborhood'. ;)

Also, don't bother trying to hide. . . *points to his location*

it's a waste of energy. :p

V

Underground
08-10-04, 23:30
Im not after getting anyone banned, I find it flattering that people goto the lengths to piss me off while most the time i laugh at them, just some people are starting to get right outta order.

Birkoff
09-10-04, 00:01
Being able to get into apts...... missions to get FS.. omg...

*sigh*

They should remove SL completely and make Guards KOS ppl with negetive SL to there own faction. Plus if you get over -30 u get kicked from faction.

sanityislost
09-10-04, 01:18
ignore this lol

SiL ..:..

joran420
09-10-04, 01:46
the best fix is teh one they had...where talking to an FSM was based on clan symp

[VP]Orion
09-10-04, 02:03
Doubt anyone (except pure PKs) would want safezones removed from HQs. For example, where should all tradeskillers be? Forcing them all to TH? Smart move. Gonna force all new players to TH too? Also gonna force people to always get to their own app or to TH just to make a bigger inventory/gogo check.

Besides, the argument that they can idle symp there just doesnt hold. Ever thought they might just as well idle in their own apps instead?

Im all for making the guards shoot the lower SL/faction symp on sight though.

Underground
09-10-04, 02:12
Orion']Doubt anyone (except pure PKs) would want safezones removed from HQs. For example, where should all tradeskillers be? Forcing them all to TH? Smart move. Gonna force all new players to TH too? Also gonna force people to always get to their own app or to TH just to make a bigger inventory/gogo check.

Besides, the argument that they can idle symp there just doesnt hold. Ever thought they might just as well idle in their own apps instead?

Im all for making the guards shoot the lower SL/faction symp on sight though.

The whole safezone idea imo is retarded, call me some PKAR or some shit like that, doesent effect the fact that i see it as, one step to the left and i can draw a weapon, one step the the right, and some magical copbot voice in my head stops me from drawing a weapon.
99% of shit talkin happens in safezones.
99% of people being assholes happens in, or next to a safezone, as they can run to their precious haven of godmode in there...

NC1 LOADS of people cried about PP/P3 zoneline, this is just the same, ive never wanted safezones anywhere. Reove them from all areas.

Dont want your trader to be attacked ? Hire a freakin bodyguard, join a clan, or use the LE.

Yea goto your apartments, you gotta get there first tho, most likely thru a free GR aftr you die due to your own actions of pissing people off.

See what I mean ? Its totally unrealistic that thru some magic forcefield at the door ef each HQ its suddenly a safezone...

joran420
09-10-04, 02:19
wasnt there some SF movie...where there were like forcefeilds that made weapons not work within the forcefeilds?

i remember some shit like that

Drexel
09-10-04, 02:57
Please dont even discuss as a joke the last safezone been romoved, my Trade skillers have been ganked at least 14 times while trying to go about their buiness in the city,(includes been killed 5 times while stealthed :wtf: ).

If we lose HQ's that it, your on your our, may as well call the city a warzone & let people hack & own the zone.

Ive already stopped tradeskilling for the public (thats 5 tradeskill characters), your on your own now, someone is gonna have to do your shit boring work for you.

or

Let me put my FUCKEN LE back in & i can continue to work, otherwise im just gonna stay on my PvP characters & prolly run around killin trade skillers too coz im so fucken bored.

Make Plaza & Via safezones again. Only people who dont want em safe are prolly the people who killed me. (oh & TH sux, cant buy shit there & cotta run 3 zones to shop)

Zheo
09-10-04, 03:07
Safe zones are great, cos i have a pure trade skiller i wont like him being in warzones with all his nice gear, and no way to protect it,

So maybe the guards should kill faction members with - symp or something? that whay if they kill their own they'll get wasted for it.

Xylaz
09-10-04, 15:03
All safezones should be removed completely. Making TH a safezone was just one big step back...

my tradeskiller is doing his business in P1 usually, filled with stuff most people can only dream off... come one and gank me :rolleyes:

Seven
09-10-04, 21:34
All safezones should be removed completely. Making TH a safezone was just one big step back...

my tradeskiller is doing his business in P1 usually, filled with stuff most people can only dream off... come one and gank me :rolleyes:

Do you eat your food with a pitchfork also? :D

Doc Holliday
09-10-04, 22:36
Perhaps in England, but I'm American, and here it's "neighborhood'. ;)

Also, don't bother trying to hide. . . *points to his location*

it's a waste of energy. :p

V

OWNED! hhahah. nice come back V.