PDA

View Full Version : Copbot's are a mock at the moment

DigestiveBiscui
08-10-04, 20:13
Seriously - DOY bots do damage, DOY guards do damage

but Cityadmin guards ad copbots freeze u to the spot and do fuck all - hell, my spy could kill a damn copbot in 99% synap now

it's a joke

joran420
08-10-04, 20:14
rofl id like to see your spy kill a single CA guard by himself without getting killed and GRing back a minimum of 10 times

Birkoff
08-10-04, 20:16
I bet your pro city :rolleyes:
Either that or your haracter is addicted to anti stuns.

Psyborg
08-10-04, 20:17
it makes it fun tho because then ppl can raid nc and shit...but i agree wit u about the doy bots...i think they should be brought down a lil bit so NC could try and raid Doy which would actually give us a challenge to defend for once :)

joran420
08-10-04, 20:21
yeh i agree with making jonny 5's like storms ...DOY faction guards like CA guards....and DOY city guards like copbots

for all i know they already are...just no pro city can get past teh j5's

DigestiveBiscui
08-10-04, 20:28
I bet your pro city :rolleyes:
Either that or your haracter is addicted to anti stuns.

look at my sig :eek: how hard was that

MrChumble
08-10-04, 20:40
I'd like to see Copbots doing more damage. Not sure on the CA guards to be honest, as a TT they don't shoot me much :D

But it would also be great if the guards were thinned out further out of the city. PP3 with no guards, PP2 with just a couple (literally 2 or 3), PP1 with 4 or 5 and maybe a copbot, Plaza with few in P2 & P3, more in P1 & P4, and Via crawling with the buggers.

That way attacks on the city would be easier, but likewise people who don't want to PvP have a safe(r) place to go.

Also I'd like hackterms in Industrial and whoever controls the zone gets +100 res & cst bonus :)

StrongSad
08-10-04, 20:44
The damage copbots do is very rediculous. I was fighting a bunch of monks during the NC raid a few days ago and my judge did as much dmg as the cops. I am dead serious, it was that bad. Plus half the time they just stand there and ignore the crahn/bd/TG right next to them. When a pro city appears with red SL every copbot/guard is firing within milliseconds.

However, I dont have a big problem with the cities being easy to raid. But when a few ppus/apus can make it into plaza 1 (THE CITY ADMIN HQ ZONE) no sweat its not too fair for the pro city players. Raiding DOY is near impossible. The whole NE section of the wastes is filled with bots and the DoY guards do insane damage.

Riddle
08-10-04, 21:12
Copbots do jack damage!

There will be more frequent raids on NC like the other night when anti city factions pratically owned Rontrade using subway to buff.

As I see it pro city would need a huge force to go to DOY with PPU's a plenty just to deal with Johnny 5's.

Lower the damage on DOY units and maybe pro city might be able to raid themselves :)

joran420
08-10-04, 21:15
i like teh fact that KK is starting to let players police themselves once again :)

copbots i dont think should be insta gib like they used to they do a decent amount of damage....and they para glue you for easy target practice for pro City runners

unbuffed meh APU can take 1.5 bursts before dying

Ryman
08-10-04, 21:22
well for anyone who thinks its fair , you are pro DOY

I watched a level 32 PE outheal a copbot today .......i would like to see anyone other than a PPU out heal a Defence unit or DOY gaurd .

personaly i like the copbots the way they are and think the DOY mobs should be reduced , rather than making the copbots hit harder .

joran420
08-10-04, 21:24
never said it was fair i said i liked how they did it

I agree DOY bots should be brought down on par with City

KRIMINAL99
08-10-04, 22:41
They just need to delete the little rover bots man keep them for the dungeon. (Tone them down a bit maybe in strength there even, what the heck is up with them) That junks not fair to the NC people, and I sure as heck don't want any roving death bots guarding neocron.

The wasteland should be a resource for all dont have half of it guarded for just one side oO

Shinto
08-10-04, 23:14
personaly i like the copbots the way they are and think the DOY mobs should be reduced , rather than making the copbots hit harder .
agreed

Ascension
09-10-04, 00:05
agreed

I concur! :)

Lexxuk
09-10-04, 00:10
I dont, DOY bots are used for leveling in some areas, just add a way for people to get into DOY (secret tunnels that everyone knows about) and make the actual guards inside DOY as weak as toilet paper, thats wet, and not that one with the bears, or that one with the two guys dressed as women, coz thats strong stuff

StrongSad
09-10-04, 22:05
Lex I dont know many pro city who use doy bots to lvl. They are too dangerous and better xp can be had elsewhere.

QuantumDelta
09-10-04, 22:10
They have a parashock effect more powerful than holy para, and you're whining?
They = INSTANT WIN.
And you're whining?

If a copbot is shooting a player, and you can't beat him, you really, really, need to go back to basics and start working out how to play.

I can't even think of something constructive to post on this thread it's so damned retarded.
If DoY Guards Froze with UNDODGEABLE Weaponry like Copbots, I'd be going 1 vs X on however many Pro-City Idiots wanna zone into DoY.

J. Folsom
10-10-04, 13:09
If DoY Guards Froze with UNDODGEABLE Weaponry like Copbots, I'd be going 1 vs X on however many Pro-City Idiots wanna zone into DoY.
Actually, the DoY guards freeze too. I figured that out when I was trying out my hacking and stealthing skills, apparently my stealthing skills weren't good enough, because when they hit me I had a lot of trouble moving around a corner and away.

Idola
10-10-04, 13:14
A few things lover-boy said.

I think the point is that the para-effect can be countered fairly easy, whereas a capped Runner being dropped in three hits by the Dome of York guards cannot. I've seen people quite happily out-heal a Copbot and three CityAdmin guards at the same time, yet they were still able to move at quite some speed.

Meanwhile, you don't get a chance to run from the DoY guards because they break your legs then kill you about a second afterwards.

Anti-City DO have it easy when it comes to raiding. They face virtually no opposition while running into Plaza 2, and their home city is surrounded by 120/120 DoY units and the "human" guards drop anyone in no time flat.

Riddick
10-10-04, 13:53
lol no it must be a bug , its totally unfair i mean doy guards own like hell and copbots are just so weak that i cant get some on my ppu buffed without any heal on me so yeah they para but they really dont deal enough damages if u consider they are supposed to be the most powerful guardians of the government city ! :o

Sorin
10-10-04, 14:40
Regarding the leveling on DoY bots thing - I regularly level my pro city (and anti city for that matter) characters on doy bots all the time (solo). Their experience at high levels is just too uber to pass up. On my rifle spy 7 bots = 1.05 million dex.

Anyways, copbot damage sucks. The freeze is ungodly. Coupled with the oh so convenient removal of holy catharsis sanctum (shoulda seen that coming. The copbots freeze that is). If this is what KK meant by making Copbots killable by groups of players and making the city raidable, hmmm.........maybe there coulda been a better way. Remember when faction guards weren't GodBots? Remember when they were 80/80 with plasma pistols? Now if copbots did damage like that, minus freeze (or maybe keep freeze, but no where near as stupidly uber), then that'd be something.

DoY Guards sure as hell need to be toned down too. The fact that they have raygun weapons doesn't help (city = close combat; rayguns = max damage in close quarters). But before you can even get to the city, there's the 900 doy bots roaming the desert sectors that can see you like 3 zones out and take your legs out in one shot, then the rest of you in the next shot. Oh yeah, and they camp zone lines in packs of 50.

Anyways, my characters are split an even 50/50 between NC and DOY, so I'm really not for or against either side. But seriously, there's major balance issues that need sorting out. It's been drilled into people's heads billions of times about "pvp game this, pvp game that," yet you've got NPCs so ungodly powerful no one can get real PvP done unless they're way the hell out in the boonies with the 1 other person per square mile.

Plight
10-10-04, 17:29
Just out of curiousity, any DOY people actually think copbots dont do enough damage.

This thread is simply NC vs DOY with everyone expressing their own interests that would benefit themselves. Personally, I look at it this way: NC is too damn easy to invade, period (of course im on the NC side of the argument :D ). Im not even going to refer to guard dmg atm.

Walk by stormbots at main nc entrance and hop a ride in the subway. Are there even any guards in the subway? (dunno for sure, cant seem to remember) If theres not, This should not be. Reza (as from the history of nc) is not an idiot. He would have bots stationed in the subway to prevent this sort of thing. It provides access to more or less every sector in NC.

Oh yeah, and you have the oz subway generep to make your trip even easier. (correct me if im wrong though, dunno if its locked to doy). That is easier than ganking a 0/2 newb ffs.

The ONLY way into neocron should be hacknet, and from the oz sectors or secret tunnel. Subway should not be a possibility without having to kill at least a few stormie or 2.

NC has NO WAY of possibly invading DOY atm. You have the trek, then you have the J5s, and then the guards at the doy gate. Ive never been inside doy but im gonna guess guards are spread throughout.

If the city has to deal with their guards, you can deal with taking a less luxurious trip to raid NC.

StrongSad
11-10-04, 23:59
They = INSTANT WIN.
And you're whining?

You dont even know what your talking about or have never been to one of these raids. The numerous PPUs the anti-city folk bring with them (not that PPUs are a bad thing) simply use their anti-para spell. They can spam it for everyone in the group. The copbots have horrible AI. They shoot some then just run around with the enemy right in front of them and do nothing. Like I said, I would rather be a DoY person running around NC, than an NC person with red SL running around. If you dont believe people about the dmg, attack a copbot in plaza one and heal yourself. Dont be surprised when you easily outheal it. Besides, in plaza 1 when you are up really high in the shops (crytons) the copbots and guards have a very hard time attacking. DoY can just sit up there and kill everything below.

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 01:00
I know what the damage levels are.
Don't ever tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Jesus People don't ever learn.

StrongSad
12-10-04, 01:11
:lol:

You rebut me with this:

Don't ever tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Get off the high horse ;)

r0ti0n
12-10-04, 01:14
the people who are complaing they cant raid DoY my ass got ********** by a Healing Light spy from NEXT when standing in Crahn Sect..

i think it was Snipe that evil stealthin bastid..

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 01:18
:lol:

You rebut me with this:

Get off the high horse ;)
I don't need to.
People assume too much to try to poke flaws in my arguments ¬.¬

The only people who debate well on this forum with myself, are those that argue their _facts_.

If I do not know these facts, I go back to the game, check up on them, and then either post that I agree, or disagree for given reasons.

When you just assume I do not know what the situation is, it's insulting, and therefore you do not deserve, a proper recourse.

r0ti0n, if it was a lone spy, odds are he stealthed in.

Those DoY Guards pack enough punch to kill one spy while he's in the lift, after that, he's near enough home free, though.
....Like there's so many guards past the first zone and a half from any of the DoY Gates...........

StrongSad
12-10-04, 01:25
They = INSTANT WIN.

Well if you ever fought in one of these NC raids you would know that is simply not the case.

Then you talk about DoY guards not freezing. So how am I not stating any facts?

How many mass DoY raids have there been....

Hmm. I guess ill stop whining now and bow down to the master who I am not worthy to argue with :rolleyes:

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 01:31
Well if you ever fought in one of these NC raids you would know that is simply not the case.
I've fought them teamed.
I've fought them solo.
They're not what's dangerous, they're just what PPUs used to be, the huge manipulator on the battle.
Justifying them, is the same, as justifying the first real PPUs.

Then you talk about DoY guards not freezing. So how am I not stating any facts?
Quote myself, then running an excuse of "omg they have anti para spam" when Bots don't have mana to worry about and PPUs do, heh, makes me chuckle at the very least.
Copbots = ParaSpam.

How many mass DoY raids have there been....
How many people have even tried it?
None, ye, so organised.
So strong and worth coming to the gates of DoY solo vs a few NPCs, FA assaulted NC in the olden days with the old stormies it was no different except safe zone protection, we got all the way inside the gates of NC, started as an op war, same as this raid.

I see no difference between now and then.
Though I do see something wrong with people using the subway to do it -_-

StrongSad
12-10-04, 02:01
But copbots arent constantly shooting the enemy. They just run around half the time doing nothing. The paras copbots deal are nothing if the raid has good PPUs. Even one good PPU can easily counter-act the freezing of a copbot. Saying well, players have a mana pool and NPCs dont, therefore NPC > players, is flawed.

Why would anyone be crazy enough to raid DoY? Not only would it be hell getting there, but even DoY people admit it would be absolute suicide.

If I see a DoY raid that can actually GET into the city and maybe even fight for a few seconds, I will stand corrected. Until thensome thing need to be changed to make it fair for both sides. I am not whining.

joran420
12-10-04, 02:34
there were numerous attacks on DOY this weekend by pro city clans/individuals

Freaky Fryd
12-10-04, 15:23
I think the cities have it fairly even... (not perfect, but pretty good)

It's easy to avoid/survive the DOY bots on the way to DOY if you have a PPU or can use Stealth 2 or higher.
Also, inside DOY, the guards are so sparse that I wandered around DOY for about 2hrs and only got shot once (and even then it was my fault - I wasn't watching my stealth timer well enough)
There are hundreds of "safe" spots stop and heal/buff/re-stealth...

Yes, NC has very little protection outside the city, but we have a multitude of guards that swarm them inside the main city sectors...

If anything, I would like to see the CA guards beefed up a bit as when they're fighting the BD guard in PP2, the BD guard takes 16x4 for damage, and the CA guards take 137x3 from the BD guard...
Seems a little uneven to me...
O_o

P.S. I am Biotech and am looking forward to killing many more DOY inside their own city :D

EDIT:

Why would anyone be crazy enough to raid DoY? Not only would it be hell getting there, but even DoY people admit it would be absolute suicide.

Hell, I tagged the GRs there for the sole reason that I can just GR straight in to do some pking!
:D

I also plan on leading a specialized team on some raids there. Based on observations from the team members, we will be very successful and will cause a lot more damage than we receive.

QuantumDelta
12-10-04, 20:29
Thanks, Fryd, that was my origional point, nice to see someone doing something.

Pitty other people don't have the balls to try it though.

Selendor
12-10-04, 20:38
Yeah, haven't read the whole thread so sorry, but I would think that when pro-city have learnt the layout and routes into DoY as well as the DoY citizens know Neocron City, it might be more viable to do raids that way.

StrongSad
12-10-04, 20:41
LOL, hes a stealther. If I really wanted to take my spy to DoY to just pick off a few afk ppl in city central I would. Too me that is not fun.

Last night there was an LE'ed crahn sect PPU standing in plaza1 giving TL115 pokes. They were right next to the 3 lamp posts. The guards/copbots did nothing but stare.

And qd, its a pitty some people dont have the balls to argue their owns thoughts with their own words.

Im out.

BlackDove
13-10-04, 00:56
Though I do see something wrong with people using the subway to do it -_-

Yeah, that was kinda tarded, but it served a purpose. You just HAVE to kill the information guard standing in the Subway :p

QuantumDelta
13-10-04, 00:57
LOL, hes a stealther. If I really wanted to take my spy to DoY to just pick off a few afk ppl in city central I would. Too me that is not fun.

Last night there was an LE'ed crahn sect PPU standing in plaza1 giving TL115 pokes. They were right next to the 3 lamp posts. The guards/copbots did nothing but stare.

And qd, its a pitty some people dont have the balls to argue their owns thoughts with their own words.

Im out.
Up 'til now, I was mainly using information from NC1 and from what other people were saying to confirm;

Okay, anyways, I decided I actually can't trust many people on this forum to report accurately, and, as usual, I was right.

I asked one of my PE mates who doesn't have a particularly good CON Setup, nor much ENR even, to take on a DoY Guardian.

He attacked the Guardian, and was engaged by all three in the area.

The Guardians did;
23 HP At POINT BLANK RANGE Damage per volley to him.

The Guardians also missed, 40% of their shots, though, they shoot more regularly than Copbots.

The Guardians Para people.

The Guardians are sparsely in the DoY zones.

The Guardians are of the same sort of power level as copbots, except with less accurate weaponry, and weapony that needs LoS.

Three Guardians, couldn't kill him, and I repeat this; He had a BAD CON SETUP.

To quote him;

"Is this a joke? Okay their para's the same as a copbots and therefore more powerful than a Holy Para, but for fuck sake."

There are _LESS_ DoY Guardians in DoY than Copbots in NC.
There are _LESS_ of a concentration of Guardians in popular areas of DoY than popular areas of NC.
It's actually pretty damned easy to get into and around DoY so long as you check your stuff first.

I really don't see what the hell you are whining about.

joran420
13-10-04, 01:13
seems like they increased guard spawn times quite a bit too :thumbs up:

like that alot

Koshinn
13-10-04, 01:32
Okay, I play Mercs, DoY and NC before you accuse me of taking sides, because I'm not.

DoY is easy as hell to get into. Haven't you tried to run to the gates in NC1? It's easier in NC2. The guards are not insta kill, they just kinda miss a lot. Hell, I took on 4 doy guards as a 0/2 noob and it took them 5 min to kill me while I punched and hid and healed with tl3 heal. If they were copbots I would have died, because they always hit. Yes, DoY does get raided, I was ganked by a group a few days ago that consisted of a couple tanks, a ppu and an apu... I didn't expect a raid at all and I paid for it (always keep shelter/deflect up.. ALWAYS!!!111).

As for the city, it is also easy to get into. I used a doy hacker to get into the CA HQ, run from there to plaza 1, then to plaza 2... where I was pk'd... but yeah. Personally, I agree that the stormbots in OZ should be shoot on sight and do the damage they did in NC1. I mean.. how secure is NC if a single person can infiltrate it by opening the front door? Besides the OZ doors, I have no problem with the guards in either city. They're balanced and work well.

Here's another way to look at it...
DoY focuses its defense on the outside/border. They prevent you from getting in at all, that's their strategy. Once inside, there are many places to hide and very few guards.
NC focuses its defense on the streets themselves, allowing anyone easy access to the city but making life very difficult by trying to get around.
This difference has roots in the story and background of each city (I won't explain it but it should be obvious), and adds flavor to the game. Otherwise wouldn't NC and DoY just be exact replicas of eachother? It'd be boring!