PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Access List

naimex
08-10-04, 17:11
You all know what itīs about..

Giving other runners access and administration rights to your apartment.

Vote now.

Frotto
08-10-04, 17:13
I Vote yes... but i would honestly rather see the existing major bugs be fixed first. But Definately would want this option. It would rule.

/Edit... Woot First!

Glok
08-10-04, 17:22
Yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes.

QuakCow
08-10-04, 17:25
so...kinda like how swg did it? any ase, that would be cool

Frotto
08-10-04, 17:27
so...kinda like how swg did it? any ase, that would be cool
Thanks for bringing something something irrelevant into this... OHNOZ laserblades and Laser rifles... that sooo SWG. BAH! I've never played SWG so i wouldn't know but I would love to see this in game and have said so for a while... (prob before SWG existed (or atleast hit beta))

QuakCow
08-10-04, 17:31
wth are you talking about? that was completely relevent, in swg there are access lists and administration lists for player housing

whifix
08-10-04, 18:38
We do have a pay interface you can put on doors and security safes you can put in to allow others to access stuff in your apt for 500nc and 100 hack skill. Does that count? hehe

naimex
08-10-04, 18:39
We do have a pay interface you can put on doors and security safes you can put in to allow others to access stuff in your apt for 500nc and 100 hack skill. Does that count? hehe

....not really :p

actually pretty far from...

Mr Kot
08-10-04, 19:45
Good idea, Nymex.

Here's my 2 cents that may be slightly easier to implement:

Duplicate keys.

In real life, you can give your house keys to a friend, but it could have complications. Your friend could pass the key on to someone else, or he could drop them or be mugged in the street by a stranger who could steal them. The stranger could then have access to your house if only he knew the address....

So NC could implement this feature to add a little bit of risk to the advantage. The duplicate key would allow door entry and cabinet access upon registration, but it CAN be dropped in a belt. The lucky finder would then have the same access to the apartment... if he just knew the location. The dupe key would not reveal this or the password. The password would be given to your friend seperately. In true burglar fashion, the key finder could just "try all the doors" to see what the key fits.

MkVenner
08-10-04, 19:48
yeah, i mean, i have a key to my house, my mum does (as its her house loil) my sister, girlfriend and aunt all have keys....so why cant i have a spare "key" for a mate lol

naimex
08-10-04, 20:13
In real life, you can give your house keys to a friend, but it could have complications. Your friend could pass the key on to someone else, or he could drop them or be mugged in the street by a stranger who could steal them. The stranger could then have access to your house if only he knew the address....

there is a total of 1 apartment entrance in entire FA sector..

think its a little too obvious..

otherwise it could have worked..

MkVenner
08-10-04, 20:19
why not simply have a list that i can edit from the City Com and i enter the name of people i let in, and enter the names of people who can access cabinet 1, 2 etc

naimex
08-10-04, 20:25
why not simply have a list that i can edit from the City Com and i enter the name of people i let in, and enter the names of people who can access cabinet 1, 2 etc

indeed why not... we have clan admin... so why shouldnt there be an apartment cabinet admin.

Killfly
09-10-04, 10:39
I'm definitely in on that one - certainly make it easier for non-clan types to manage their inventory ;)

Sorin
09-10-04, 12:55
100% agree, but to add what I said in another thread, have a ban list as well. Keep any asshats you don't like from even coming up the lift to your apartment.

jini
09-10-04, 15:25
Vote yes, but I believe that this idea needs a lot of programming from kk's part, and we all know that the queue is already big.
An easier solution to the sharing problem in nc2 would be if we were able to place containers accesible to everyone in the entrance halls and/or in the appartments. With the only restriction being (maybe) only one container for each hall, so as they wont clutter entrances.

Actually has anyone tested those new furniture? Is there maybe such a container already there? Is it accessible by anyone ?

Morganth
09-10-04, 17:48
5 Stars, great idea naimex.

Vote yes, but I believe that this idea needs a lot of programming from kk's part,

How so? The current appartments will have a DB entry something like "RegisteredTo: Morganth" to show the appartment is owned by me and only I can access it properly. All they would need to do would be to change this variable so it can take multiple values, and then incorparate an interface to change the list in a CityCom. So it would be like the buddy + ignore lists, just for appartments instead of chat.

However, at the moment it would be nice if they fixed the current issues before we start worrying about new content.

Actually has anyone tested those new furniture? Is there maybe such a container already there? Is it accessible by anyone ?

As far as I know there isn't any placeable furniture that can be accessed by people other than the appartment owner/clan except the safes, which require HCK to get into so they don't really suit your purpose. Also, I am not sure if it is possible to place items of furniture in the entrances to appartments as they have limited space.

jini
09-10-04, 18:44
I did managed to place a cargo box in the hall of my apt. But, the box was not accessible to place stuff in it. In fact it seems that all objects can be placed anywhere in yr apartment. So, we only need general crate boxes like the ones we find in wasteland or yo's that can be opened by anyone and place stuff in them. As for how easy or how hard it is to make cupboards with owneship details, I think its not that easy, but in any case its also not my place to judge this. on the other hand code exists right there for crate boxes and can be easily be placed on vendors for sale, as long as kk wants them as well ;)