PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] An possible solution to the LE/noob ganking/non-consentual Pvp/etc...

Capt. Rik
08-10-04, 13:39
This is a combination of ideas, I don't take credit for all of them but this is an overall idea I came up with. The inspiration is from the overt/covert faction status used in SWG

1. All new characters start factionless in Area MC5.(very important for the idea to work) All new characters are randomly assigned either a NC apartment or a DoY apartment as their starter apt.

2. Remove the LE from the game. Instead, have it's effects apply to any character who is factionless (i.e. can't pvp, don't drop belts, can't join a clas etc.)

3. If you want to PvP in neocron, you have to join a faction. Joining a faction from being factionless is either really cheap or free. Normal costs for switching factions still apply.

4. Joining a faction automatically gives the equivalent of removing the LE chip (therefore enabling PvP, the ability to join a clan etc.)

The idea seems to make sense to me, a new player can hunt and level up without being randomly ganked by a /60 APU/PPU combo etc. Once they reach a certain level, they will probably want to obtain higher level items that can only be gained from FSMs, they will have to join a faction if the want these (especially if other players sell items to factionless people at higher prices).

When you are factionless, you are an average Joe - a normal person living in the world. Declaring yourself a member of a particular faction then allows PvP. You are openly a member of xx faction therefore become a valid target for the opposition.

Thoughts/criticisms/refinements?

Shinto
08-10-04, 13:42
problem then would be people would start moaning " iwanna bein a clan but not pvp" blah blah like we have now.

only way it would work would be to have a do you want to PvP with this player Y/N kinda thing.

cept that would just ruin this game, so i see no easy solution to the problem

Capt. Rik
08-10-04, 13:46
problem then would be people would start moaning " iwanna bein a clan but not pvp" blah blah like we have now.

Good point, personally i'd say tough shit to that but that's just my opinion.

NaKoth
08-10-04, 13:48
-Wouldnt it be bit hard to move your stuff (after choosing faction and given new apartment, from city to DOY or vice versa) ?
-as being factionless, you miss all the Faction spesific stuff.
-no communications between a faction, no feeling that you belong to something (less RP elements)

3. what if you dont like the PvP after trying it(go back to factionless ? )

its a good idea, but not for neocron, too many things would need to change.
(and btw. there is a brainport forum)

edit:typo

SorkZmok
08-10-04, 16:12
Ppl would leave their faction to hunt safely, then rejoin to pvp.

Fix that and i'm with that idea.

08-10-04, 17:52
I have a feeling that this would cause what few RPers that are left (and we all know I'm not talkign about the RPK players here ) to quit

Its bad enough not being able to form a clan if you have the LE in (from an RP POV) but being factionless would make the whole attempt utterly futile (just what would you base your characters motivations etc on if you have no identity to work from? - how many wandering nomads can there be inside the walls of DoY/NC?)

Radamez
08-10-04, 17:58
Interesting idea,

I'd be for it, if the safety effects ended once you reach a certain level.

KRIMINAL99
08-10-04, 22:38
I think its a great idea. Why would it be hard to move your stuff? You just put it in gogo, youd probably want to save up and buy a different apt if you chose a faction in the other city.

Just don't let people go back to being that kind of factionless. Maybe if they become factionless after from losing too much sympathy they become anarchy breed instead.

Viktor
08-10-04, 23:07
All new characters are randomly assigned either a NC apartment or a DoY apartment as their starter apt.

Only idea I didn't particularly like.

joran420
08-10-04, 23:14
really that might be nice to help ballance the cities....as long as it would be possible to move from city to DOY(for experienced players)

Darkana
09-10-04, 00:44
Epics need you to become member of a faction. WoC skills require epics. I could dive into this even further, but that should be enough to give the hints. So a big and underlined "no" from me.

Killfly
09-10-04, 20:00
I was thinking about this last night after I got ganked 3 times trying to finish my epic off :rolleyes: :lol: . A couple of ideas:

1) Allow LE'd players to form clans with other LE'd players only.

2) Do not allow LE'd clans to take ops.

3) Allow LE'd players to do epics (It's no real advantage to have LE in, so they shouldn't prevent you from doing them).

4) Maybe their could be a 'Law Enforce' only implant slot? I'm not sure that LE'd players should lose out on a brain slo just because they don't want to PVP, and having the 4 brain slots, plus an LE wouldn't give LE'd players any advantage over non-LE'd players.

5) I don't think having LE as a one-time re-implant would work, as how would u poke it back in if it gets wrecked and you're above a certain rank (this might not be the case, but I haven't been in the situation so I'm not sure). Maybe you could switch between LE and non-LE, but it would take a week or something?

I absolutely think that PvPers should have the freedom to do whatever they want (as I was told last night after getting GR ganked, "It's part of the game"), but I don't think players like me who enjoy collecting and exploring and aren't really interested in PvP, should lose out on stats.

Spermy
09-10-04, 20:13
Not bad - It stops people from suffering with one less slot in thier noggins just because they don't like PvP. 5 stars.