PDA

View Full Version : Stat Distribution for Pure Melee?

BinaryData
08-10-04, 12:13
I have been working up my melee character for some time, and well I am a little confused on what I should be doing for stat distribution now.

I was using a laserblade for a while but I don't think I will use one once I get a rare claw. So do I need Hightech combat anymore? or should I LOM those down and get something nice?

also when should I just stop putting points into stuff like Agility, Melee Combat, etc...

and last but not least, should I be getting a lot of heal, or a lot of resists, and what is a good amount to have in my resists to be good?

Any answers to these questions would help a lot, thanks guys. :)

NaKoth
08-10-04, 13:26
There are both, non-tech combat and tech combat rare melee weapons. So incase you want to use the TC rares, you hvae to have enough TC (i think 89 is the most ?)
otherwise under DEX, put the rest to agl , or few points to vhc to drive a howertech, up to u.

Dribble Joy
08-10-04, 13:28
There is two (borked imo) options.

There are two melee weapons at high level that you will end up using.
The Devils grace (laserblade, tl 115) and the Paw of Bear (claw, tl 113).
The PoB does piercing and poison dmg, people tend to have more force than they do energy/xray (DG dmg types) but less poison, so it's really just preference.
That said, the DG requires about 86 tc.
So it could be an idea to go low tech and spec more agl and maybe some veh do drive about.

tiikeri
20-10-04, 07:28
STR:
little less than 200 MC with all gear on.(197 to cap DG?)
transport: prolly few points (you don't need it, but hey..you gotta drop those points to somewhere).
force: rest here.
INT: doesn't really matter. PSI use for faster spell casting or hacking to hack WBs. Barter to get items cheaper.. but don't waste points to WPL. melees don't need the skill to use RANGED weapons.

DEX: if lowtech, 25 VHC, rest to agility.
hightech 89 T-C, 25VHC, rest to agility. (DG+highest stunner need 89 TC to use)
(dropping points to VHC is good if you want to drive around instead of running. I prefer running on my melee tank)

CON:depends on ur DEX... if ur lowtech and sank all points to agility, you don't need that much athletics...30 perhaps?. but not more than 50 anyways. Health: with imps and selfbuffed, get around 590 HLT. END: waste of skill points. Get Bat Queen Chest and ur done with END.
The rest is up to you and your armor.

PSI: 6MST, few points to Psi power, and rest to ppu.
Thats about it.