PDA

View Full Version : NEXT Database

Jake Cutter
08-10-04, 04:58
After repeated visits to the NEXT high security database, and coming up empty because the NPC did not appear to be there, I discovered that it has fallen to the floor of the hacknet area.

So, after a quick trip to the floor, I finally was able to access it. My goal of an assault trike blueprint was finally close to reality!

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that the database only provided bp's of the Rhino 4x4, and the Vehicleinterface 3 implant.

In open beta, there was much more selection, including the assault trike bp.

Others have said that the trike key is not blueprintable...so it appears that the only way to get one, is to pay the 500,000+ credits for it! That's not right.

My H-C PE relied on the trike for hunting mobs. This was great fun in NC1, and I was looking forward to it in NC2. But it is a bit much to spend 500k on a vehicle that gets trashed pretty quick, either by mobs, or the errant individual who happens by and decides to blow it up while you're looting a warbot.

So KK, I propose this...and a change NEEDS to be made. Make it considerably cheaper, blueprintable, or available in the HS database.

Regards,
Jake Cutter

Drexel
08-10-04, 05:26
Agreed,

However, I must imagine that Hacknet in not in its final form, 2 items per faction just about makes the entire Hacknet completely useless.

Although its an assumption, i cannot possibly imagine that is all that will be available via Hacknet.

ATM the game is a little too complex (i feel like a nib & ive been playing 2 years) until we get a few more posts & fan websites listing the new content & its purpose im not getting to fussed about the state of play at the moment, just level & do your epics (again & again) and the rest will come. I hope.

Jake Cutter
08-10-04, 05:50
My aforementioned H-C PE is anxiously awaiting the repair of the last NEXT epic mission.

--JC

msdong
08-10-04, 08:55
the only way to trash a scorpion trike is to run into a group of unfriendly runners without the ability to run away.

ok, it may suck a little more when u dont have repair ability.

hmm, pretty bad if u can not research them.

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 09:19
I think you'll see less vehicles in NC2 than in NC1.

The things are too hard to get to, and too expensive.

msdong
08-10-04, 09:32
but it seems that a build rhino is not that expencive with that nmpu parts.

Richard Angelus
08-10-04, 11:23
I have a BP of a Repper Glove which need nmpu Parts and a NEXT license and I heard about other rare Items in the Hacknet DB like PSI Core and Antibuff

JustIn_Case
08-10-04, 11:27
I have a BP of a Repper Glove which need nmpu Parts and a NEXT license and I heard about other rare Items in the Hacknet DB like PSI Core and Antibuff

Yes, Marine and SF is in there to.
It seems like all L-Techs are removed from the rare pool an added into HackNet instead.

Hopefully all Vehicle BPs will be added to HackNet.

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 11:28
So, any word yet on the ability of say a NEXT hacker getting bp's dowloaded from Crahn database????

I know in beta people had to recycle some kind of codebreaker. Don't know if that made it into retail.