PDA

View Full Version : Trading Reminder Of The Day

-FN-
07-10-04, 23:26
So I worked out a little trade today with a player on Terra. His Crahn Glove for a 5 Slot Holy Shelter, All 120 Holy Para, and a few other PPU items. We arranged the trade to go down in the Outzone as he was anti-city and I am pro-city. When I arrived, all seemed kosher and we opened trade and put in our items. Conveniently, the 'Trade Bug' struck and the Tachnolytium (sp) Glove disappeared. The player typed a "doh" and then put the glove back.

If I were a new NC2 Player, I'd have been screwed. This player replaced the Crahn Epic Glove with a normal 1k PSI Glove. Lucky for me, I'm not too noobish and flat out told the guy, 'You've got to be kidding me. Put the right glove back', to which I got an "oops ^^".

Just a friendly reminder to all of you players, new and old, BE CAUTIOUS WHEN YOU ARE TRADING WITH OTHER PLAYERS! Especially on the 4-Character Servers where people can create a character solely to rip people off, then delete the character once they get what they want :(

MrChumble
07-10-04, 23:39
People like that should be ground up and used for dog food...cept I'd not want to my dog ill.

BaDDaSS
08-10-04, 00:39
People like that should be ground up and used for dog food...cept I'd not want to my dog ill.

What did you think dog food was made of...?

Havn't you ever wondered why it smells so bad?
lol :P

joran420
08-10-04, 02:30
yeh sucks....prolly wasnt trying to rip ya off....prolly just accidentally gave ya wrong glove...since they look identical and all....i did that to a clannie yesterday on accident

NS_CHROME54
08-10-04, 02:46
something tells ME that this guy planned the whole thing out. the only thing that would rule that out is if trade bug hit you both at the same time, cause remember trade bug doesn't look any different than moving items in and out of windows normally. he could have put the tach glove in the trade window so you'd get a look at it, then pulled it out claiming it was trade bug, and put the normal glove in, thinking that by the time you found it, he would be out of there like a bat out of hell.

TRUST NO ONE!!!

BlackDove
08-10-04, 02:50
If you can, please PM me the guy's name.

He'll be on my KOS list forever.

joran420
08-10-04, 02:53
thats stupid to KOS him unless ur sure it was intentional

mistakes happen sometimes

tiikeri
08-10-04, 02:58
Yes, i want the guys name too. Scammers need to get it rough.
Please PM me the name.

Edit: Stuff like that doesn't happen.

joran420
08-10-04, 03:06
Edit: Stuff like that doesn't happen.

happened to meh last night with a clannie.....if u even suggest i was trying to rip off meh clan mate your an idiot

QuantumDelta
08-10-04, 03:20
Especially on the 4-Character Servers where people can create a character solely to rip people off, then delete the character once they get what they want :(
Another Dig. :rolleyes:

Your Points on this kind of comment are null and void due to the second account clause for pluto.

joran420
08-10-04, 03:22
naw if it was like a rank 0/2 then id say yeah scam...but if it wwas a high lvl player i really doubt he was trying to rip ya off....anyway you ended up with the right glove and shit anyway didnt ya

tiikeri
08-10-04, 03:44
ah.. rofl.. thats what you get typing to forums at 4am..
FN got "oops" from the other guy, so nvm... :)

Krush
08-10-04, 04:16
Happened to me when I was a noob in NC1 beta

I fell for the old switch the CS for a Plasma cannon and pretend its a trade window bug

Was very upset with myself for falling for it (too eager for gun)

But good old KK did a rollback

Thats twice they have saved my butt with a rollback

Was funny.

I PM him the next day and asked him if he wanted to do the trade again lol
he didn't like my joke

NS_CHROME54
08-10-04, 04:53
Happened to me when I was a noob in NC1 beta

I fell for the old switch the CS for a Plasma cannon and pretend its a trade window bug

Was very upset with myself for falling for it (too eager for gun)

But good old KK did a rollback

Thats twice they have saved my butt with a rollback

Was funny.

I PM him the next day and asked him if he wanted to do the trade again lol
he didn't like my joke
rofl

owned tbh

jini
08-10-04, 05:21
Actually there is a way of this guy doing a mistake.
If he was a class that could use the glove then he had in implant window (it was the most reasonable thing to do. a new item way better than the normal glove), while the old one was out, in the inventory.
He initiates trading and places glove in the window.
Trading bug occurs dropping the epic glove in the inventory, where the old one rests ;)
From there on misakes can really happen easily.

Drexel
08-10-04, 05:40
Was he a monk?, the glove would have appeared red/ unusable to him if not with the normal glove would be white. Therefore, if he/she was not a monk (75% chance) then they knew exactly what they were doing, therefore please DM me there name as i like nothing better than a good scammer hunt with no safe zones. ;)

You should have just killed him after the trade, just to make sure.

& for the record the most prolific scammer on Saturn used 2 characters each over **/50 rank.

Trust no-one kiddies.

Sorin
08-10-04, 06:36
As for dragging stuff out of the window manually and claiming it was a trade window bug. . . I dunno. I might be bugged but I've found it impossible to take something out of the trade window once I put it there unless I close the trade window altogether and reopen it. Extremely annoying when your dragging a crap load of stuff to the window and accidentally drag the wrong thing in the click-n-drag fury.

So if that's a feature and not a bug (actually, what's the difference in nc) then it probably was a genuine trade window bug dumping it out. Since the gloves look identical, it very well could have been an honest dragging of the wrong glove back into the window.

naimex
08-10-04, 07:37
just outta curiosity..

I can remember some of the things the glove was supposed to be.. a long time ago..

can someone post exactly what the tacholytium glove requires to be used and what it gives..

NaKoth
08-10-04, 08:58
Post starter has a good point, scammers are around and (specially new) players should be careful.

@sorin: it not only you that cannot drag the content of trade window back t inventory. I found it annoying first (thought of a bug also), but now when thinking about it, it could prevent some of the scams so maybe its intentional.

Seven
08-10-04, 09:03
Why the fuck is the trade bug still in the game?

Oh please remind me why we are paying more each month....

Sorin
08-10-04, 09:06

Word has it that it's a "feature" to prevent "exploiting."

Right. Yeah. k.

MrChumble
08-10-04, 09:07

Because, and I still struggle to believe this, it's not a bug, it's there deliberately. In their infinite wisdom KK decided it's better to annoy the entire player base than possibly let some people use trade to exploit (or come up with a prevention that doesn't annoy the entire player base).

naimex
08-10-04, 09:08

NeoCrack - itīs highly addictive

Darkana
08-10-04, 09:24
This whole trade-bug is an exploit prevention? O_o I always suspected it was a quick-fix for a real trade-bug where your items just poofed during trade and instead of fixing it properly they just drop your items back in case of some "disturbances".

But then this "exploit prevention"-rumor would fit in line with the oh-so-intuitive user interface and other exploit/macro preventions like a moving around processor window and the forced delay between opening two containers/boxes/...

NaKoth
08-10-04, 10:13
Umm... I was referring to the new "feature" in NC2, where you are unable to drag items from your trade window.

The "bug", trade window clearing from items, sudddenly by itself, is a bug. But somehow I get the feeling that it will never be addressed, since it may be connected to some "sub-routines" that the game does on regular (or irregular) intervals, and unfortunally affecting also the trade window. 8|

Endar
08-10-04, 10:44
That was actually quite good thing. I dont mean the trade bug, but the trading that happened. The guy could have cheated you and stolen your psi glove, and I think that should be allowed. There are thiefs in RL, why not in MMORPG?

Nothing wrong in stealing stuff...

:p

ArgieD
08-10-04, 10:45
Actually, I'd say that you were lucky enough to end up with an "oops".

I remember playing MUonline, obsolete MMORPG full of scammers, where a good 10% of people were trying this old trick. They would pretend there was a trade bug, simply by putting the trading item on and then close the window altogether immediately. They would do it about five or six time in a row, trying to convince the victim that they are genuinely trying to carry out the transaction; in the last effort they would replace the item with something similarily looking hoping that the victim is doing his own bit by quickly trying to put the money/credits/items you name it on his own window, hence not paying the necessary attention anymore; then both quickly press ok/done.

Others, would just say:could you please open a trade window and show me that uber-sword or whatever you like you have (others ask for more, or even everything)? Then after they check their stats of the items in question, a single strong and perhaps fatal strike may result to any of these items being dropped, depending on the victims karma/badness/soulight.

Let me tell you one thing. Neocron is like a church :angel: compared to other MMORPGs...trust me!

LiL T
08-10-04, 13:23
I'm sorry but any player that trys that with me would be on the floor in less than 10 seconds and they would learn from it

El_MUERkO
08-10-04, 13:47
I'd of killed him after the trade.

Crest
08-10-04, 14:20
If you can, please PM me the guy's name.

He'll be on my KOS list forever.
he is enemy to city, he is already on my city Chars KOS

Also remember
1) Dont give your 6 CS techs to a constructor you don't know
2 Don't give your E' parts to a researcher youi don't know ... and know the rules E-Parts are not hull of SF
3) If the barter is good, he will aready have cash so he can buy first and then trade for cash ... let him run the risk of loss not you
4) Repairers don't have to be honest either ... They can dissapear with your 4 slot artifact 0/120% healing light....

Moral is ... Work and build trust relations. The good guys don't need to advertise their trade skillers, they already have a lot of work and do it by appointment, or for clan. Having 5 tl3 heals built by a stranger is fine, but getting a rare done is at a massive risk...

Having alts means 1 thing ... I Kill Mr X ... Mr X sees me looking for a researcher ... He logs Mr Y and says here let me help you out, Mr Y dissapears with your items ...
The reason , no relationship

DTA

GosuSmurf
08-10-04, 14:45
to bad my trade skiller is on a holyday! :) i hope she has fun tho :angel:

-FN-
08-10-04, 20:15
Also remember
1) Dont give your 6 CS techs to a constructor you don't know
2 Don't give your E' parts to a researcher youi don't know ... and know the rules E-Parts are not hull of SF
3) If the barter is good, he will aready have cash so he can buy first and then trade for cash ... let him run the risk of loss not you
4) Repairers don't have to be honest either ... They can dissapear with your 4 slot artifact 0/120% healing light....

Moral is ... Work and build trust relations. The good guys don't need to advertise their trade skillers, they already have a lot of work and do it by appointment, or for clan. Having 5 tl3 heals built by a stranger is fine, but getting a rare done is at a massive risk...

Having alts means 1 thing ... I Kill Mr X ... Mr X sees me looking for a researcher ... He logs Mr Y and says here let me help you out, Mr Y dissapears with your items ...
The reason , no relationship

*stands up and claps*

Killfly
09-10-04, 10:42
You forgot an old classic...

Some cash and a few items in the trade window to distract you from the fact that they missed a zero off the cash amount :mad:

I fell for that once and ended up with 600k instead of 6 mil. :rolleyes: