PDA

View Full Version : Ok maybe the hardcore PvPers will flame me for this but anyways...

Obsidian X
07-10-04, 22:36
Due to the Faction system and whatnot inplemented into Neocron 2, items are now much difficult to get hold of. Even the simplest of items are now difficult to get hold of these days (perhaps moreso than high TL stuff). My suggestion therefore is to reduce the harshness of the QB drop system. What I propose, is simply to randomise the drop item (excluding safeslot) so it can be anything from the quickbelt.

My reasons for this: In NC1 it wasn't a major problem losing items in QB. I could easily replace my PA and slotted heals which were usually the items I lost in my belt. NC2 however, I dont know where the hell you buy tank PA 1 and 2, and I have a feeling its a faction only item (forgive me if I'm wrong). Even TL 3 heal, I have to go to PP3 (which is just as unsafe now as it ever was) to buy one, then if I want it slotted I have to find ressers/consters etc. Sure theres TH and trade channel but face it ladies and gentlemen - getting a heal rebuilt with slots in this new system is fucking tedious, and based purely on chance (how many tradeskillers are on, if its safe to get one from PP3 etc). So instead of losing the most expensive item in your Quickbelt, why not lose a random one instead? If I lose my PA or Heal or whatever then fair enough, shit happens, but I dont want to be jumped by a gang of APUs and think "Shit there goes my 4 slotted heal" before I'm even dead. I'm sure a system like this was in place at one time in early retail of NC1 but I'm not sure.

As I said in the thread title a lot of PvPers are likely to disagree as hacking an expensive item out of a defeated foes belt can be greatly rewarding, knowing that its most likely something of value.

What are everyones thoughts on this? Couldn't be arsed posting a poll in this post.

Spy XX
07-10-04, 22:43
you can buy tank pa 1 + 2 at mb in sec 01, when you zone in and move through the first door at the left side, then left again and then in the second room you will find the smuggler selling them.

As for the heal, simply keep 1 or 2 spare bps in your gogo, so you don't need to run to pp3 to get a new tl 3 heal. If you ever need a new heal you just need to find a resser to make copys of the bps and bps don't drop in belts from what i heared.

[TgR]HusK
07-10-04, 22:44
Its already random... always been O_o

Obsidian X
07-10-04, 22:46
HusK']Its already random... always been O_o

Oh...I always thought it was the most expensive item in Quickbelt. Well that pretty much invalidates this whole thread then :rolleyes:

[TgR]HusK
07-10-04, 22:49
well off the record, experience learns that more "expensive" items have a higher drop chance... But I never did any actual testing.

What I did notice for example is that when I had "expensive" drugs in my belt the chances where extreemly high I would drop those ( forgot which drug exactly though :/ was a strength drug) instead of my spells or rare hunting guns I had with me back in nc1 (had loads at the time so was not scared of loosing... not taking em all along now :p)

But still, it was all very random, sometimes it was a medkit, sometimes a psi booster, sometimes a stamina booster, alot of times a drug, and only a few times an actual gun or spell.

Obsidian X
07-10-04, 22:52
Is it possible to lose implants out of your head straight into your QB, or is that only possible if the item is in your inventory first..?

KRIMINAL99
08-10-04, 00:29
HusK']Its already random... always been O_o

No it isn't... its random out of the top 10 most expensive items. And IMO if they are going to change it they should unlock quickbelts and get rid of the safeslot so pvp is meaningful and not just a quake match addition to a single player rpg game. That way the end game doesn't stagnate such that and capped players sit around with nothing to do because they always have stuff at risk so they are going to amass backups of their stuff from mobs and they have the chance to win decent equipment from pvp.

Id link to the patchnotes, but I dont know if its possible to get to them anymore...

[TgR]HusK
08-10-04, 00:41
Only if the item is in your inventory first - not streight out of head, remember, when you die you don't loose your imps yet (you can be rezzed and all is fine) t hat just happends after you genrep. Armor you can loose though.

No it isn't... its random out of the top 10 most expensive items.thats your experience I gues, On occasion I've had more than 10 expensive items, all worth more than a simple drug or medkit, but still on occasion it did drop my medkit. (still I could be mistaken, I'm only human)

As removing quickslot... this been discussed to much. My oppinion... gues ;)

jernau
08-10-04, 01:52
It is random from the 10 most valuable.

"Value" is based on resale value at an all-buyer (ie Yo's).

mishkin
08-10-04, 02:13
Yeh, it's always been random...
Even with low SL it's totally random. I was out pking on saturn, or rather I raided mb on my melee tank, with the help of a ppu... killed alot of friendlies and got my SL down to -19... died outside mb, by the asg, PA stayed on, and the only things I dropped were... my armor, all of it, except the PA :lol:

Had a 5-slot def on me, 4-slot heal, vein ripper, and a PA 2, none of which I lost...

Anyway, I've always dropped my def, or something similar... like the spy-boost... as a ppu I always dropped my combat-boosters... as an apu, it was always the PA or some other armor... As a PE I tend to drop the shelter, either that or the deflector (lost quite a few of those :) ) :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
08-10-04, 09:31
It's often the last item you picked up.

So go to a gogo from time to time or pick up junk.

Richard Slade
08-10-04, 09:43
Is it possible to lose implants out of your head straight into your QB, or is that only possible if the item is in your inventory first..?
Nope. Them imps just tend to pop.. [ EDITED ] I just ain't as awake as I like to think..

edit: And if it's random, it's a very strange randomzier used as I tend to drop this on my spy:
pants
PA
stealth tool
Very common on others too

As for other I haven't done much testing,
but I can assure you some items have higher drop ratio than others..

jernau
08-10-04, 09:50
If you are resurrected your imps go back into your head.

It is random. Whether it's also bugged or has changed at some point, who knows - KK certainly wouldn't tell us. I've not seen anything to make me think it's changed from the 10-top-items rule though. Shuffling items in your gogu and such-like is as much use as only CSTing in the "magic" chair.

___T-X____
08-10-04, 10:03
Shuffling items in your gogu and such-like is as much use as only CSTing in the "magic" chair.

thats funny

Capt. Rik
08-10-04, 12:04
i would say that 90% of the time I lost my Heavy Inquisition boots.

The only other thing I ever seemed to drop was a med-kit.