PDA

View Full Version : spine implant vendors???

MasterBee
07-10-04, 22:12
I have looked all over the place for a vendor who sells lvl3 spine implants. It seems that not only I have this problem, as I have seen people offering 500k for strength booster 3(!!)
So what is the deal? am I missing something obvious here? Or did KK forget to put those in game?

Ryman
07-10-04, 23:30
tbh im not impressed with the way the game is regarding implants , I started a noob spy for fun and started leveling as a new player would with no help from my other characters and it sux .

New players wont stay if this continues , i got fed up running around looking for stuff .

joran420
07-10-04, 23:54
actually tbh...new players dont know which implants they need for maximum efficiency so real new players wont care that they cant find what they dont know exists

in a few weeks everyone will know where every item is found

Xian
07-10-04, 23:57
Indeed, in any MMORPG people normally have a rough time looking for a particular item. Sometimes it adds to the fun, sometimes it's frustrating, but most of the new players won't really know about implants anyway. By the time they do, they'll most likely know where they're sold. :)

Ryman
08-10-04, 00:18
well in the past few days everytime i been on trade asking for things and in plaza ive had noobs asking me 'whats that your asking for?' so i tell them a bit about it etc and they start asking where can i get that ? etc ....i just think the level 1 and 2 items should be easier to get hold of .

MasterBee
08-10-04, 00:26
Ok, let me clarify. I have been playing nc for 2 years, however I lost many items in the freakin saturn wipe.
Now I need str booster3 / hardenbackbone3. I certainly don't find looking for it on Trade for 5 days amusing. It looks like KK screwed up a lil bit. No mobs drop them AFAIK, and we are talking about BASIC implants ffs! Level 1/2/3 basic PSI implants can be bought from store, while other classes don't have that chance... What gives?

Glok
08-10-04, 01:18
Maybe it's a bug/mistake that they were removed from the BT FSM? I sure hope so, the implants do say 'Biotech' on them afterall. :rolleyes:

IceStorm
08-10-04, 02:57
Now I need str booster3 / hardenbackbone3.Try all the Faction High Security databases. I found Vehicleinterface 3 in the N.E.X.T. database tonight.

A lot of stuff is going into the databases. It's possible they're not all in there yet. I can tell you the booster isn't in the CityAdmin, N.E.X.T., City Mercs, or Proto Pharma databases. It'll be a while before I twink up the rest of my alts to check the other factions. For some reason the databases aren't accessable to non-faction members yet.

QuantumDelta
08-10-04, 03:23
Try all the Faction High Security databases. I found Vehicleinterface 3 in the N.E.X.T. database tonight.

A lot of stuff is going into the databases. It's possible they're not all in there yet. I can tell you the booster isn't in the CityAdmin, N.E.X.T., City Mercs, or Proto Pharma databases. It'll be a while before I twink up the rest of my alts to check the other factions. For some reason the databases aren't accessable to non-faction members yet.
I hope that doesn't change.

Try BioTech Database, btw.

joran420
08-10-04, 03:25
BT DB have lvl 3 spines?

Glok
08-10-04, 03:30
It used to in beta. Dunno now, I haven't bothered to check, been too busy doing other things.

Spoon
08-10-04, 04:26
The vender system seems a little borked atm.....

I feel the level 1 and 2 implants should be easily store bought or dropped from a fairly common mob....

The way it is now, it's pretty much a pain in the ass to get certain, once common implants....

Sorin
08-10-04, 06:30
I hope that doesn't change.

I do. Besides, that's what the codebreaker is supposed to be for.

Try BioTech Database, btw.

I've been trying the BT database after every patch since the beginning of retail and I've yet to see it working. Every time I go there it says "Streaming message: The database is currently unavailable due to maintenence......please come back later." :mad:

I don't know what was wrong with the BT FSM and database in Open Beta that they had to change it. It was perfect. Level 1 implants from stores, level 2 implants (all kinds - brain, heart, eye, spine. Including some level 3) from FSM and level 3 in the database.

Anyways, I've not been able to access the BT database to date. Sucks ass. BD is still just blank black boxes too.