PDA

View Full Version : Why do we always logon to our faction DNS?

Dim
07-10-04, 17:25
If I logon to hacknet why do I always get into my faction DNS first, even if I hack from other locations like NC or MB?
It's kinda annoying if I log out of hacknet at MB to get the GR (I was on my way to NC), that I have to start at DoY again when I log back on.

Killfly
07-10-04, 18:32
I was gonna post a similar thread :) Always starting out at faction DNS is a bit liked always having to start at Google to get to these forums :D

naimex
07-10-04, 18:40
when you hack the gr you are at, you hack into it with your faction name and password..

and then you work youre way from there..

you are supposed to be able to hack something else in an op

however odd it seems, i seem to recall it being said somewhere that if you hacked the outpost hack terminal you would start there, but I dont see how you are able to takeoever an outpost if that is the case..

So i doubt this very much..

MrChumble
07-10-04, 19:17
Google, these forums, anywhere...it all starts at a DNS for a lookup :)

Unless you have the ip. I'd be cool if there was a way to bookmark places in hacknet and access them from the relative GR. Like bookmark MB DNS, and access it from the MB GR's.

A bit like the current genrep system, but for hacknet, and more limited.

tomparadox
07-10-04, 19:29
when you hack the gr you are at, you hack into it with your faction name and password..

umm, if you have a logon and pass why is it called hacking???

maby if you are in your faction HQ/zone or whatever you logon with your logon and pass but if you are in say MB and your FA why not have it req more hacking skill and you start in MB DNS? if you dont have high enuf hacking skill you apear in your factions DNS wich in this case would be FA DNS?

naimex
07-10-04, 19:55
umm, if you have a logon and pass why is it called hacking???

...mebbe you forgot name and pass...

a dno.

Anna
07-10-04, 20:10
edit: nm, been said allready, i need to learn to read before i post :(

Dim
07-10-04, 23:07
well.. it's also very useful if you want to do a long distance home journey, free GR. (though somehow it costs 1100 nc to GR from TT HQ to OZ and about 900 to GR from TT HQ to DoY).

Killfly
07-10-04, 23:10
Google, these forums, anywhere...it all starts at a DNS for a lookup :)

Unless you have the ip. I'd be cool if there was a way to bookmark places in hacknet and access them from the relative GR. Like bookmark MB DNS, and access it from the MB GR's.

A bit like the current genrep system, but for hacknet, and more limited.

How about datacubes that store Ip addresses for different hacknet points or something ? Trade-able (spelling?) ... Or just a list of hacknet points like with GRs ?

Drexel
07-10-04, 23:21
Timesink. Gotta make sure anything new dosent make our lives easier.

Looks like most new 'features' are there to use up all this nasty spare time we have.

I still cant work out how the whole, hack an out post thingy works if you do go right back to your DNS each time, might have to go give it a go.

Oh, & beware the 100/100 mobs in the travels, they do 200 damage each shot & have insane RoF & range now, little tuff on DoY residents who cant access heal & defence software. :(